The chosen ones (Buffy/Angel alternate universe setting) Recruiting

Started by Thesunmaid, June 10, 2018, 03:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaGa88

Name: Cordelia 'Cordy' Chase
Canon or original: canon
Species: human, half demon
Powers: precognitive visions, levitation, can cleanse evil with white light....uncontrolled power.
On's and off's list: Ons: money, good fashion sense, wit, sense of humor, being seduced, romance, honesty, accents, she will be receptive to some bdsm. Offs: toilet, bestiality,  excessive amounts of pain and blood, vore. If something isn't listed as an off, it is up for discussion. She's only 21 and is very much in an exploratory state in her sexuality. Has never been with a woman, but is curious.
Background: Cordelia was the only daughter of a wealthy family in the small town of Sunnydale, California. She has a cousin named Timmy which she practiced cutting hair on. She was a very beautiful and popular girl, whose fashionable clique was nicknamed the "Cordettes" and included Cordelia's best friend, Harmony Kendall. She was a spoiled, stuck-up brat who enjoyed ridiculing those she saw as inferior and dismissed her classmates Xander Harris, Willow Rosenberg, and Jesse McNally as "losers." In ninth grade, she and Harmony took remedial Spanish together, where a boy named Donnie Wray developed a crush on her and wrote an embarrassing song about her. Cordelia was among the many students and teachers at Sunnydale High who ignored unpopular student Marcie Ross so completely that she literally faded out of sight. At one point, Cordelia had a crush on senior student Daryl Epps, an all-star champion football star, until his untimely death in a rock-climbing accident.

In her sophomore year, Cordelia immediately befriended Buffy Summers, a new girl who transferred from Los Angeles. Cordelia, in a nutshell, was the embodiment of who Buffy was before becoming the Slayer, and became the chief foil at school for Buffy. Buffy could not stand Cordelia's snobby behavior towards her less popular classmates and instead became friends with Willow, Xander, Jesse, and the new librarian, Buffy's Watcher Rupert Giles. When Buffy mistakenly attacked Cordelia with a stake, Cordelia made it her mission to make Buffy as much of an outcast as possible, despite the fact that Buffy later saved her life on several occasions. When Cordeila ran for May Queen, her boyfriend Mitch Fargo was beaten up, Harmony was pushed down a flight of stairs, and Cordelia's favorite teacher was nearly suffocated. Realizing the attacks must have been about her, Cordelia swallowed her pride and contacted Buffy for help. She discovered that invisible student Marcie Ross was responsible for terrorizing her, and Buffy saved her life when Marcie tried to mutilate her as revenge for ignoring her. Despite her tendency to rationalize strange events, Cordelia was forced to finally accept the existence of dark forces in Sunnydale when she was attacked by vampires on the night of the Spring Fling. Learning that Sunnydale was on a Hellmouth and that Buffy was the Slayer, Cordelia became a reluctant ally to the "Scooby Gang."

In her junior year, Cordelia continued her habit of falling into life-threatening situations. In high school, Cordelia found herself torn between the Scoobies and the Cordettes
She was kifed in resurrecting his brother Daryl and was building him a zombie mate using the dismembered bodies of teenage girls. She was later attacked by the vampire Spike at Parent Teacher Night and nearly sacrificed to the demon Machida after deciding to date only college boys. She spent Halloween running away from kids who had been turned into their costumes, during which she remained ignorant of Angel's status as a vampire. Through these experiences, she became a friend and regular member of the Scooby Gang. While hiding in Buffy's basement from a demonic assassin who can transform into maggots, Cordelia and Xander shared a kiss and began dating in secret. When the Cordettes found out about her relationship with Xander, Cordelia was unable to withstand the peer pressure and coldly dumped him on Valentine's Day. His later attempts to punish her through magic resulted in every woman in Sunnydale except Cordelia falling murderously in love with him. Cordelia was so moved by how Xander was going to use magic to make her fall in love with him that she made amends with him, giving up her popularity to be with him.

The two dated for the rest of their junior year going into the senior year.
When Spike returned to Sunnydale and kidnapped Willow and Xander, Cordelia and Oz searched for the two, both falling witnesses to Xander and Willow's kiss. Running away, she fell through weak flooring and was impaled by a large piece of rebar. While in the hospital, a heartbroken Cordelia confronted Xander for his cheating and broke up with him. When she returned to school, she attempted to regain her standing with the Cordettes but was rebuffed and insulted by Harmony.
After being shunned by her friends and severing ties with the Scooby Gang, Cordelia befriended a new student, Anya. Blaming Buffy for everything that was wrong in her life, Cordelia wished that Buffy had never come to Sunnydale. Anya, who was really Anyanka, a vengeance demon, granted this wish. At first, Cordelia was pleased with her circumstances, but soon came to realize that Sunnydale, was really worse off without Buffy upon discovering that The Master had risen and both Xander and Willow were vampires and her hometown, a wasteland overrun by bloodsuckers. She went to Giles for help but was killed by Willow and Xander, however Giles was able to destroy Anyanka's power and change things back to normal.

When her father's "little mistake on his taxes for the last twelve years" resulted in her family going bankrupt, she took a job at an expensive local boutique, April Fools, to pay for a prom dress on layaway. Cordelia did not earn enough in time, but Xander found out and paid it off for her and they reluctantly resolved their differences. Her brief, mutual infatuation with Buffy's new Watcher Wesley Wyndam-Pryce ended with two bad kisses before graduation. Cordelia found herself helping the Scoobies one last time during Mayor Richard Wilkins' ascension with the aid of the rest of the Class of '99. She courageously staked a vampire for the first time and helped other students during the battle. Afterward, she walked off with Buffy, Willow, Oz, and Xander and, more importantly, off to her future in Los Angeles.

Despite her intelligence and having been accepted to the likes of Columbia University, Cordelia found herself unexpectedly unable to afford college due to her family's sudden financial reversals, and therefore, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. Meeting Angel at a Hollywood party, she pretended to be successful, when she was, in fact, nearly penniless, renting a dilapidated apartment and stealing food from such parties. Her agent was ignoring her calls, and she had no family to turn to, having severed ties. Desperate, Cordelia met with Russell Winters, believing that he would be able to relieve her of her meager financial situation. However, with her experience as a member of the "Scooby Gang", Cordelia immediately recognized that Winters was actually a vampire.

After being rescued by Angel and talking to his friend Allen Francis Doyle, who received visions of people in help from the Powers That Be, Cordelia charmed Angel into turning his fight against evil into a business. She became Angel Investigations' office manager while pursuing her acting career, but never broke out of commercials and plays. When she moved into her apartment, it was now haunted by the evil ghostly Maude Pearson who harassed and insulted her. After she was possessed by the ghost of Dennis Pearson, she tore off the wall as he destroys Maude. Now that Maude is gone, Dennis and Cordelia became friends.She reached a turning point when her budding romance with Doyle ended with his sudden death.Visibly devastated, Cordelia attempted to carry on, but during an audition for a commercial, she received her first vision, a gift transferred to her from Doyle during their first and last kiss. It gave her a powerful ability to help others. Though initially wary of this gift due to the splitting headaches it caused, she was forced to see numerous terrible things happening to innocents and fully accepted her calling to help the helpless, and over the course of the next few years, she came to consider the visions to be her reason for being and refused to give them up.

As Angel's link to The Powers That Be, Cordelia grew more sensitive to the feelings of others as she experienced the pain of the subjects of each vision. The visions became increasingly more frequent and intense, and began to physically damage her brain. For months, she secretly took powerful painkillers and underwent CAT scans and MRI'S that indicated the slow deterioration of her brain tissue. Yet, when presented with the opportunity to pass her visions to the heroic Groosalugg (through the act of sexual intercourse) during a short trip to the demonic dimension Pylea, Cordelia refused, stating that the visions were a part of her and made her who she was.

Since the visions were intended for demons, not more fragile humans, Cordelia struggled to hide the effects from her friends. This continued until her 21st birthday, when she was rocked by a vision that sent her spirit into an astral plane. This opportunity was seized upon by Skip, a mercenary demon who sold his expertise to the highest bidder; in this case, a fallen member of The Powers That Be wanting to manifest on Earth. Skip masqueraded as Cordelia's guide from The Powers That Be. To avoid dying from the visions, Cordelia accepted an offer from Skip, who altered history so that she never met Angel in Los Angeles, instead landing her big break as an actress. In her in her own TV show called Cordy .However, even in this alternate timeline, Cordelia felt compelled to help others and eventually crossed paths with Angel, who received the visions in her place and was driven insane as a result. Unable to let her friend suffer, and realizing that fighting evil was her true calling, Cordelia had Skip return the timeline to normal, and accepted his offer to become a half-demon. Cordelia harbored the visions without pain, but mystical side-effects came as well, such as unknowingly floating and sometimes confusing visions with reality.
During this time, Cordelia developed romantic feelings for Angel as did he for her, but when the Groosalugg arrived in Los Angeles after being dethroned, Cordelia decided to put her feelings for Angel on hold and began a passionate relationship with Groo, going so far as to use a spell to allow the two to have sex without Cordelia losing her visions, and even giving him a makeover to resemble Angel right down to the hairstyle and wardrobe. Tormented by this, and gripped by a growing fear and jealousy that Groo would eventually replace him as the team's primary fighter, Angel gave the two money to take an extended vacation. Upon their return, they discovered that numerous horrific events had occurred. Groo eventually realized that she truly loved Angel, proceeding to depart Los Angeles after a final farewell.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Cordelia's transformation also set in motion a major chain of events: her body became suitable for use by powerful forces. Cordelia's transformation gave her the power, not entirely under her control, to cleanse evil influence with a white glowing light.

Appearance or provide a picture:
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Thesunmaid

All sheets approved :) I am going to make a list of characters after I have dinner tonight. I am sorry I have been a bit out of it. Work and being on antibitoics have made me none too energetic.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Thesunmaid

it was my old mold filled apartments last parting gift..for over a week I thought it was just hay fever until i woke up with a fever and my face felt like it was going to explode. I was like aww shit..So on the mend now.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

HairyHeretic

Was my idea viable enough I can do up a proper sheet for it?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Thesunmaid

Why yes mr heretic. :) Feel free to do up a sheet at your leisure. I will look it over once its posted :)

HairyHeretic

Sound. It will probably be a day or two before I have it together.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Thesunmaid

No rush. I am almost finished eating to i will have a list of characters in a bit posted up and I will keep track of the sheets as they get posted.

Kokaine

Will be home soon and will finish my girlie up. Been debating between the character I had before and the one I was considering swapping her out for. Still in between but eh, gonna flip a coin or something later.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Thesunmaid

I am going to post an opening post tomorrow if anyone wants to play. I am sorry..this has been a bit of a week. Its the last week for alot of school accounts we have for their printers and everyone is trying to get all the things that have fucked up over the last 6 months in one call...because calling when it happens is just silly...we keep telling them ok if its not happening anymore..we don't care...stop calling about it. bleerggh

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

HairyHeretic

*waves a hand* I have the character fairly well figured out, just need to write him up.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chantarelle

Thesunmaid

And I am playing spike as ghosty lol I am having him appear at the hyperion instead of wolfram and hart...anyone wanna open the package so I can come out an play? lol

HairyHeretic

I'm sure one of the girls would be more interested in Spikes package than I would :P

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Dragongoddess

Haha my girl would be interested.  Just gotta get a chance to get her on paper.

HairyHeretic

BTW, what year is this going to be set in? I might tweak a few bits dependent on that.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Thesunmaid

Oh come on Hairy...you know you want my big bad :P

I was thinking I would set it modern day.(2016 to 2018?) Just so we can have all the modern conveniences of cell phones and non dial up internet (Cringes at the thought of it..I used to do tech support for that and dsl connections. Never again....never...again. Still have no idea how anyone in Salt lake city makes phone calls let alone connects to the internet..)

I know Buffy was set in the 90's but meh...alternate timeline I wanna have cell phones ,fiberop and all the other lovely things we have now. Hope that's OK with you guys. But really alot of the things in the show could be set in now a days...baddies are still bad...goodies are still good they fight and fuck on occasion lol

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Thesunmaid

You make what ever you want miss Kaine. *looks at the title.* Hmm maybe I should add owners of Penises wanted..

HairyHeretic

I could whip up a couple of characters easily enough. I don't think it would be too hard to port one of my Scion characters over .. hmmm *ponders*. The Handsome Monkey Prince is always happy to find new places to get into trouble ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Thesunmaid

Heh now now Hairy there might be a limit to the sexiness a girl can take *fans ma self* but feel free if you want to lol.

HairyHeretic

I might start with Luke instead then. I'll sort out his abilities and stuff in a bit. This is the bare bones of the character himself.

Name: Luke Xiang
Canon or original: Original
Species: Mostly human (his father was Sun Wukong, aka The Handsome Monkey King)
Powers: Superhuman physical abilities, flying (his own cloud), Ru Yi Jin Gu Bang Staff (indestructible magic weapon), Occult knowledge, Six Demon Bag (see things no one else can see, do things no one else can do), Taiyi magic, Annoys the hell out of bad guys
On's and off's list (links are to your O's and O's are fine) If you want to have kinky fun: As player

Height: 5'8
Build: Athletic
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black, shoulder length
General appearance: Smart casual; slacks, shirts and jackets, cut to allow ease of movement, yet retain a stylish appearance.

HISTORY
Luke Xiang is a young Chinese man in his mid 20s. He is one of the stars of a Taiwanese modern day wu xia tv show (think the Feng Shui rpg as a tv show) which has wrapped up its first season and is waiting to see if they're to get a second or not.

Luke, naturally enough, never knew his father, and he and his mother lived with her married sister. Luke's uncle was a merchant banker, and tried to raise his nephew to have a similar outlook, serious and hard working.

It never quite took.

While not exactly wild, Luke could best be described as strong-willed. One of the stronger influences in the youths life was an old monk called Wu, who would tell the boy many entertaining stories, claiming to have been a fang shi (exorcist), and having fought ghosts and Jiang Shi (hopping vampires) all over China. He taught Luke the basics of both kung fu and the fangshi's arts.

Impressed with the raw talent the boy seemed to have in the martial arts, Luke was enrolled in one of the better local dojos. He enjoyed the lessons, and his uncle felt that the discipline he should learn there would serve him well.

A university film project made by friends of his was his introduction to the world of media, and he was spotted and talented scouted to audition for the tv show The Invisible War.

Luke met his father when the latter crashed the end of season cast party, reduced the 'suits' to incoherent apoplexy, and dragged a dozen of the cast out on the town.

Luke can't quite recall all the details of that night, but he now has a couple of gifts from his father, and the knowledge that the world is a lot more interesting than he previously knew.

Now he gets to go out and do for real things that couldn't even be bluescreened on his show, and he's having a blast with it.

This is kinda what I'm going for

Cattle die, kinsmen die

GaGa88

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder