Checkmate [Recruitment Thread - Come hither Creative Mind!]

Started by TheBlackThrone, February 03, 2018, 08:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfling72

I fought it for as long as I could...like forever. I thought...no, don't do it and yet, I just keep coming back...so if I were to work up a Doc character based around Baba Yaga? Could y'all make use of her?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

TheBlackThrone

There isn't a character limit, but I am not going to allow players to adopt second characters just yet because new people are still pouring into the story. Until the interest slows down, I will not be taking seconds.

Baba Yaga story is all right.

So, since it is already the 11th for me, I peeked at the poll, and I saw the results. They will still appear but it will be at a later time. Any who, the results were pro discord. So I will make an OOC and a Discord Server. This will make my life easier because as I said, people have a lot of questions. You guys will also be able to happily plot.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

TheBlackThrone

The OOC thread has been linked under "Links" on the OP (opening post). You can access it there. Also, the Discord link is there. You have 24 hr to access it. Otherwise, I'll have to just send a new one to you. If 24hr pass and you can't access it, then send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

I also updated the Character Thread to mention "Taken Cards." I will also add this list to the OP to make the lives of those joining easier lol.

I have posted the IC on the OP so you guys can read through it at your leisure and get a feel for how this game will run.  :-)
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Alice has dropped from the game. One position for a Muscle is open.
The gates are open

Wolfling72

Doc
Name: Nastasia Morozov
Alias: Jezibaba
Nickname: Doc, The Healer, Evil Woman
Fairy Tale Inspiration: The Baba Yaga stories (Her alias is derived from her names in West Slavic folklore)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 135
Hair Color: darkest auburn
Eye Color: greenish grey
Visual Description:
Baba Yaga

Written Description: No tattoos to speak of but her lower belly and back are a mass of little circular marks. There are scars on both wrists which resemble nothing more than severe rope burns or abrasions which have never gone away. She does not wear make up very often and tends to do no more with her hair than to tie it back or put it into a messy bun. Her clothing is usually immaculate but wrinkled and her nails are always clipped severely short, otherwise they grow into things that most resemble claws. She tends not to smile overmuch as she has exceedingly sharp and pointed teeth and she finds that people are freaked out by it...
Job: Doctor
Calling Card: Queen Of Hearts
Cover Job: A clinic~located downtown called simply Mortar and Pestle

Personality: Acerbic at times, her bed side manner sometimes leaves much to be desired. Sarcastic with an unwillingness to either change or conform to the general needs of others. While Jezi is exceedingly intelligent and understands her own self worth; these traits may come across to others as arrogance. She cares nothing for appearances and tends to respond to others on a case by case basis; depending upon the moon, whether the sun has risen and whether or not she's had coffee.

Likes: Autumn, the smell and taste of coffee, being left alone to read, kittens, fresh pastries, her job.
Dislikes: Spring, tea, being bothered by stupid people for dumb reasons, BIRDS~ all birds, EVERY fucking bird, broccoli, her job.
Talents: She has an exceedingly emotive singing voice, loves to bake and is quite good at it, (at one point she wanted to be a pastry chef), she has a very green thumb and can make up very potent infusions, teas, and salves which are useful in healing.

Brief Background: Born on the Russian Steppe in the middle of a terrible snow storm and raised as an only child, she learned much later that she was the child of a sexual assault. This made her very uneasy around men as she grew older and lessened her ability to deal with them in a meaningful way. Becoming a Doctor was a natural outgrowth of her healing ability and her love of helping those who truly NEEDED help. (This, of course, was/is based entirely upon HER perceptions which could be quite...fucked up.) At one time, she lived in a house which resembled nothing more than a chicken coop with feet but after leaving behind her homeland, she allowed that little house to wander away. She has no idea where it's ended up.

Upon arriving in New Fantasia, she was set upon by some not so very nice people. Though she fought well, she had no interest in killing anyone and those same people had no interest in staying DOWN. Luckily for her, there were other eyes watching and those eyes were soon followed by a gun and some immediate death. Understanding that she owed a debt which could not be easily repaid, she offered her services to her savior and when offered the chance, made the same offer to Checkmate. Her loyalty is unwavering and has only deepened with the passing years.

Ons: Strong Women, STRONGER men, rough sex (with her as the instigator, usually), Bondage, sensation play, foul language, oral
Offs: Declarations of love, jealousy, possessiveness, anal (just ewww), severe pain
Primary Weapon: Her hands, elbow, feet and knees~extensive Muay Thai training (to keep in shape)
Secondary Weapon: A mother of pearl handled straight razor~never used.
Magic: Healing Hands~ the ability to hasten the healing of cuts, bruises, broken bones, concussions and the like.
Extra: She owns a black cat named Midnight (who seems to talk) and uses a Vespa to get around. Has a heavy Russian accent and tends to mutter almost continuously while at work.

ETA: I have NO idea who that beautful woman is, so if anyone knows her name? Please let me know, yeah? Also changed, background to better reflect her ongoing relationship with Checkmate. I used an unknown NPC for her savior which can be changed if needful but wanted to better reflect the story as is.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Levi

She totally looks like a bond girl!
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Wolfling72

I have approval...yay!! *does weird little happy dance* Now if one of you nice people would like to be the one who saved her? I would be forever in your debt....

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Lady Sakura

Yay another game with Wolfie!!! *Dances* I wouldn't mind helping to save her as papa bear saved my Nyasia. :)

Wolfling72

Quote from: Lady Sakura on February 11, 2018, 04:46:03 PM
Yay another game with Wolfie!!! *Dances* I wouldn't mind helping to save her as papa bear saved my Nyasia. :)

hmmm. This would be nice but your girl doesn't use firearms, does she? (Tossing hand grenades around could cause my doc's death too) One thinks that your sexy bit of desirability could have been the eyes that directed help her way, though...what you think??
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 11, 2018, 05:27:42 PM
hmmm. This would be nice but your girl doesn't use firearms, does she? (Tossing hand grenades around could cause my doc's death too) One thinks that your sexy bit of desirability could have been the eyes that directed help her way, though...what you think??

That works for me :) I can work with the person helps gets her out then. 💖

Wolfling72

Quote from: Lady Sakura on February 11, 2018, 05:38:56 PM
That works for me :) I can work with the person helps gets her out then. 💖

YAY! I left it as an NPC regardless due to expediency...you could do the same unless a third person steps up to take on the role...regardless, it will be awesome to write with you HERE too...

*bounces*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 11, 2018, 03:10:05 PM
Doc
Name: Nastasia Morozov
Alias: Jezibaba
Nickname: Doc, The Healer, Evil Woman
Fairy Tale Inspiration: The Baba Yaga stories (Her alias is derived from her names in West Slavic folklore)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 135
Hair Color: darkest auburn
Eye Color: greenish grey
Visual Description:
Baba Yaga

Written Description: No tattoos to speak of but her lower belly and back are a mass of little circular marks. There are scars on both wrists which resemble nothing more than severe rope burns or abrasions which have never gone away. She does not wear make up very often and tends to do no more with her hair than to tie it back or put it into a messy bun. Her clothing is usually immaculate but wrinkled and her nails are always clipped severely short, otherwise they grow into things that most resemble claws. She tends not to smile overmuch as she has exceedingly sharp and pointed teeth and she finds that people are freaked out by it...
Job: Doctor
Calling Card: Queen Of Hearts
Cover Job: A clinic~located downtown called simply Mortar and Pestle

Personality: Acerbic at times, her bed side manner sometimes leaves much to be desired. Sarcastic with an unwillingness to either change or conform to the general needs of others. While Jezi is exceedingly intelligent and understands her own self worth; these traits may come across to others as arrogance. She cares nothing for appearances and tends to respond to others on a case by case basis; depending upon the moon, whether the sun has risen and whether or not she's had coffee.

Likes: Autumn, the smell and taste of coffee, being left alone to read, kittens, fresh pastries, her job.
Dislikes: Spring, tea, being bothered by stupid people for dumb reasons, BIRDS~ all birds, EVERY fucking bird, broccoli, her job.
Talents: She has an exceedingly emotive singing voice, loves to bake and is quite good at it, (at one point she wanted to be a pastry chef), she has a very green thumb and can make up very potent infusions, teas, and salves which are useful in healing.

Brief Background: Born on the Russian Steppe in the middle of a terrible snow storm and raised as an only child, she learned much later that she was the child of a sexual assault. This made her very uneasy around men as she grew older and lessened her ability to deal with them in a meaningful way. Becoming a Doctor was a natural outgrowth of her healing ability and her love of helping those who truly NEEDED help. (This, of course, was/is based entirely upon HER perceptions which could be quite...fucked up.) At one time, she lived in a house which resembled nothing more than a chicken coop with feet but after leaving behind her homeland, she allowed that little house to wander away. She has no idea where it's ended up.

Upon arriving in New Fantasia, she was set upon by some not so very nice people. Though she fought well, she had no interest in killing anyone and those same people had no interest in staying DOWN. Luckily for her, there were other eyes watching and those eyes were soon followed by a gun and some immediate death. Understanding that she owed a debt which could not be easily repaid, she offered her services to her savior and when offered the chance, made the same offer to Checkmate. Her loyalty is unwavering and has only deepened with the passing years.

Ons: Strong Women, STRONGER men, rough sex (with her as the instigator, usually), Bondage, sensation play, foul language, oral
Offs: Declarations of love, jealousy, possessiveness, anal (just ewww), severe pain
Primary Weapon: Her hands, elbow, feet and knees~extensive Muay Thai training (to keep in shape)
Secondary Weapon: A mother of pearl handled straight razor~never used.
Magic: Healing Hands~ the ability to hasten the healing of cuts, bruises, broken bones, concussions and the like.
Extra: She owns a black cat named Midnight (who seems to talk) and uses a Vespa to get around. Has a heavy Russian accent and tends to mutter almost continuously while at work.

ETA: I have NO idea who that beautful woman is, so if anyone knows her name? Please let me know, yeah? Also changed, background to better reflect her ongoing relationship with Checkmate. I used an unknown NPC for her savior which can be changed if needful but wanted to better reflect the story as is.

Izabela Magier, she done modeling for stock photos.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Foxy Oni on February 11, 2018, 06:56:25 PM
Izabela Magier, she done modeling for stock photos.

Ahh thank you very very much.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

TheBlackThrone

If you have been approved, then any chatter you might have needs to be moved to the OOC thread.  :-)
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I put up a new discord link. Be sure to access it when you guys get a chance and the persons who said "No" in the poll or "I don't want.." send me a PM so I at least know who it is so I can make sure they stay in the loop even with plotting.
The gates are open

CurvyKitten

I'm going to attempt to see if I can even get it working on my computer. Poor thing is barley hanging on. Is mumbled still a thing for E writers or is it old news lol

Aiden

We mostly use Discord now, mumble sort of died a slow death.

CurvyKitten

Ok I shall try it out,  I make no promises lol

Rel Mayer

Not sure if you're still recruiting, but I made a character:

Name: Elenora Bruno
Alias: Pulita or Cinderella
Nickname: "That girl who cleans." "Cleaning Girl" "Nora" "That girl is poisonnnnnn." "Quick Clean."
Fairy Tale Inspiration: Cinderella
Height: 5"2'
Weight: Slender
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Visual Description:

Written Description: Elenora has brown hair and brown eyes, just like her last name would mention. Her skin is olive, and her body is well kept. It's no doubt that Elenora carries a great deal for looking clean and presentable. She finds pride in looking well while also cleaning, because it just shows how good she is at her job. How professional would she be if she had blood over the helms of her white dress provided at work?

She's average height with curly brown hair that falls across her shoulders. She's also known for smiling a lot, mostly because she's thinking of a funny joke inside of her head. She likes to wear white dresses (because they're easy to bleach), but if she's not at work she prefers to wear man's slacks, a tucked in white shirt, and something fashionable and edgy. She also has no fear in showing skin, because it's a very natural thing to her. 

Job: Cleaner
Calling Card: Four of Diamonds
Cover Job: Head Maid for the Scarlet Crown
Personality:

Elenora is meant to be a woman in the background, and because of this she can be rather quiet until she's called on. The type of woman that you know was there, without ever really seeing her. Which is a shame, because Elenora is easy on the eyes and would just as well get a job at the nearest strip club rather than cleaning for the hotel. However, those who are close to Elenora know that she has quite the silly sense of humor. You would have to be in her line of work! She is known for the small jokes that come out of nowhere, and can often be quoted for her quick wit. However, Elenora has a huge respect for authority so that no one who has power over her well being and paycheck will ever have any idea of her silly nature until they get to know her. Still, she's known to be pretty easy going!

Sometimes Elenora can fall short when it comes to taking commands and can be viewed as a push over to authority. This is another reason why people in power like to keep her around, because she doesn't bite back.

She's also the type to have good standings with the rest of the hotel staff. This is how she's easily able to get rid of the bodies that are left within the safe area (if there are any). She also offers her services outside of the hotel to those who need some bodies being disposed of. She's a one stop shop kinda gal, she can dispose of them in the river, dissolve their body into mush from the comforts of her lab (located near her job) or chop them up into tiny pieces to sell to the butcher of your enemy. Whatever the client requests is what the client gets.

Her hobbies include messing with chemicals. It started back in the day when she tried to find the perfect things to get blood out of pretty much everything. However, over time she realized that she could make deadly combinations that could render someone (who had maybe not died just yet) dead in a few moments. She also found this useful to people who get power trips by messing with women such as herself. To do this she created an antidote that she takes every morning in the form of a pill. The antidote can stick with her for a few days, but she takes one every morning (JIC) and also brings them with her collection of cleaning supplies.

She also injects herself with the same chemicals. Sometimes it can feel like a drug and make her feel a little loopy for thirty minutes, but she can recover afterward. The chemical can manifest itself to different types of poison weapons from within Elenora to save her in case the going gets rough.

Likes: Clean things. Chemistry. Beach Vacations. Living close to work.
Dislikes: Dirty things. Romantic Novels. Rude People.
Talents: Cleaning things. A knack for Chemistry. Somewhat Silly Jokester. Standing in the background.
Brief Background:

Elenora joined Checkmate because she was the head maid of the Scarlet Crown and it only made sense to have the best of the best cleaning up all the messes. Not to mention she carries herself in a way that made for a better visual representation for the boss than someone who carries themselves rather frumpy. That with the ability to protect herself (and generate poison) makes her an ideal candidate to get shit done.

The woman's mother died during child birth and her father remarried rather quickly to a woman who two daughter. Her step-mom was kinda a bitch and always made Elenora clean up after the messy older girls and the entire house. However, Elenora found faith in practicing Chemistry at a young age. Continuing to do so through school and even to the point of adulthood. It wasn't until her mean mother and step sisters pushed her to the point of breaking that she decided to poison all of them during dinner. Even her father (who she considered to abandon her by the way she was treated) succumbed to her evil deed.

Rather than living in prison, Checkmate heard stories of the young cleaning woman who had the balls to kill her entire family and offered her an out to work as a Cleaner for them over time. Elenora was pretty happy with the arrangement and is just happy that she gets her freedom while being able to practice chemistry. Plus, people treated her like a human and not a slave to their whims. She has the change to actually feel like she's good at something while not being ordered around by a greedy family that took her for granted. Now she gets paid!

Elenora provides her services in any way that she can. Providing poison. Cleaning up bodies. Cleaning up messes. Working in the background to gain information on the enemy. She loves the organization and will do pretty much whatever they ask.

Ons: Cleanliness. Men and Women. People who laugh at her jokes. People that take the time to talk to her. People of authority.
Offs: Doesn't like animals. Doesn't like smelly private parts. Cocky people. Calling her a "slut".
Primary Weapon: Poison - She prefers her weapons to be discrete when she can, but she specializes in poisons tailored by the one and only Nora Bruno.
Secondary Weapon: Small knives that she keeps hidden in a strap along her upper thigh. She sometimes uses these knives for the cleaning job, but they're also there for protection.
Magic:

That girl is poison

She has the ability to manifest poison within her body. In the form of breathing gas, secreting it from her pores, and anything else associated with her body on command. This has to be channeled within her and she can turn it on or off depending on the situation. However, when she deals with a flurry of emotion--she can have trouble controlling this and can accidentally poison people. This hasn't happened yet, but she has had a few close calls.

Extras: None at this time. I'd like to build some connections.

Priapus89

Name: Audric Blanche

Alias: Gaffer.

Nickname: People who want to piss Audric off will call him “Mud”, which is the name of the region that Audric was born in.

Fairy Tale Inspiration: Gaffer Death

Height: 6”2

Weight: 180lbs.

Hair Color: Black.

Eye Color: Blue.

Visual Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Written Description: Since he spends most of his time as a doctor, either with his day job or with Checkmate, he usually wears a lab coat.

Job: Doc.

Calling Card: King of Hearts.

Cover Job: Apothecary, making affordable medicines for the poor.

Personality: book smart, care-free, cautious and risk-averse

Likes: puzzles, playing the violin, reading sci-fi novels, as well as nonfiction books on science and math.

Dislikes: killing people, Death, elitists.

Talents: creating unique drugs, medicinal craft.

Brief Background:

Childhood

The thirteenth, and youngest, child, Audric Blanche became comfortable with anonymity. His father, who was a horrible spendthrift of government benefits, could not split his attention evenly between his thirteen children, and thus, Audric found himself the recipient of whatever paternal attention his father had left to give him. His father meant well, Audric believed, but as a single parent who worked three jobs, Mr. Blanche had only so much energy left over to invest in being a proper father.

Perhaps a lack of a father figure would have been more unnerving to Audric if he didn’t spend most of his days at school. Though only eleven at the time, Audric showed an uncanny intellect and wit that baffled his educators. He read a copious number of mathematics and science textbooks and had provided proofs for several mathematical equations (by his last year of elementary school, he would prove 14 mathematical equations, including the “Integration By Parts” technique). His teachers knew that Audrice deserved to go to a better school—preferably one that did not survive off of government money—but they never brought that up with Mr. Blanche.

Of course, they didn’t have to. Although Mr. Blanche didn’t give Audric the attention that the young boy surely deserved, he knew that his son was prodigious. When Audric turned thirteen—by this time, most of his siblings were still living with him and their father because they did not have enough money to support themselves, and they wanted to take care of their father, who was becoming ill—Mr. Blanche made a call.
A week went by and a man appeared at their door. He was dressed in a smart suit that seemed molded by wealth and sophistication. He had a genial smile which was instantly attractive.

Mr. Blanche introduced him as Death. Death corrected Mr. Blanche, saying that he was in fact “one of many Deaths”. No one knew who the “real Death” was.

All the Blanche children had heard of Death, of course. Everyone in Fairy Land had heard of him. To see him—or, at least, one of him—in the flesh was shocking, nevertheless. Mr. Blanche informed his children that Death was here to take Audric to New Fantasia, who could be the recipient of Death’s wealth. Audric agreed almost right away, which surprised his siblings, and even himself. Still, once he agreed, he realized that he had always wanted to leave his home; he wanted to see more of Fairy Land.

Adulthood

Once Audric finished university, Death got him a job working as a general surgeon at one of the largest hospitals in New Fantasia. (He didn’t know it at the time, but the hospital was a part of Checkmate’s territory). Death was the Director of the hospital; however, he kept his identity hidden. Only the highest-ranking members of Checkmate knew who he was.

Death put Audric in charge of the intense care unit, where he would operate on individuals who were near death. Death was always in the operation room when Audric operated. He was invisible; only Audric could see him.

When Death stood at the foot of the patient that Audric operated on, Audric was given permission to do his best to save the patient’s life. However, when Death stood near the patient’s head, then Audric was to say, “All help is useless; he must soon die.” Audric followed Death’s order without rebuttal for several years, that is the person on his operating table was his father, Mr. Blanche. Audric was equally surprised to see Death standing near his father’s head. Audric knew that Death had brought his father here; he knew that this was a test of his loyalty; yet, Audric pretended to not see Death. He operated on his father and saved the man’s life.

After the operation, Death asked Audric to follow him. They came to a warehouse. There were a plethora of candle lights of various sizes. There must have been millions…no, billions. It seemed that there were too many for the warehouse to fit them all. Such was the effect of magic, Audric assumed. “These are the life essences of everyone in Fairy Land…and beyond the Wall. When a candle light’s flame dies, then a person dies.” Death said. He pointed to one candlelight. “That is your candlelight.” He pointed to another. “That is your father’s.” He looked back to Audric and asked him which candlelight should be snuffed out.

Present

Years later, Audric is now an official member of Checkmate; he works as a Doc. He has not seen Death since he left the hospital.

Ons: sex with no strings attached, public sex, strong women,

Offs: bondage, toilet play, confessions of love during sex

Primary Weapon: Audric carries with him a variety of poison pills in a small case that he keeps in his pocket. The pills cause those who consume it to have diarrhea for a week.

Secondary Weapon: Nothing. Audric isn’t much of a fighter.

Magic:

Fall Asleep with Death

This spell allows Audric to revive a person who has been slain within 5mins when Audric casts the spell.

How to Activate Fall Asleep with Death

Audric presses his hand on the forehead of the deceased. His mind then leaves his body and takes an intangible form whose appearance is identical to his body.

How Fall Asleep with Death Works

Everyone has a life essence and Audric sees these life essences as candlesticks. The shorter the candlestick, the closer that person is to death. A deceased individual does not have a candlestick.

Audric is able to take the candlestick of someone else and place it within the body of the deceased individual. Thus, the deceased individual receives whatever life essence that that candle had. The person who loses his candlestick dies.

How to Cancel Fall Asleep with Death

1.   Audric’s body is what keeps Audric on the physical plane of existence (where everyone lives). If his body is destroyed (i.e. killed), then Audric has nothing to tether him to the physical plane. Thus, his immaterial body disappears to the afterlife. Any action that Audric’s immaterial self-made while on the physical plane is canceled, as if such actions never occurred.

2.   The spell ends after five minutes and Audric is forced back into his body.

Extra: Audric has a golden retriever. His name is Dog.

TheBlackThrone

Hey everyone,

We're still recruiting. I've mostly been trying to keep the roles balanced but we're always accepting interested and talented writers. We have an active discord, but you don't have to join it in order to be in the game. It's just there for those who prefer it.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

This game is still active, but it is due for some spring cleaning. We're accepting any new players before we post up a new character thread. If you see a role that you want, just let me know. This game is very fun and entertaining to post to. It allows the writer to use his or her imagination with every post, and so I hope to get some creative minds in here because everyone who has contributed to this game so far - whether they are still active or have gone AWOL - are/were amazing. I have no regrets. I hope to keep this story going and growing. If you think you'll like it and want to give it a shot, then please, by all means, dive right in.  ;D
The gates are open

Lady Sakura

TheBlackThrone

All right; we finished spring cleaning. The current active player list along with cards and face claims is up. I also posted in red what roles we will need. If you're interested in getting involved in this game, please drop us a line.  ;D
The gates are open