Tattoo and Piercing Questions Answered!

Started by Pav, July 14, 2011, 09:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyalyss

I have two tattoos so far, a little one behind my neck and another little one on my left wrist. Anyway, silly question, is Epidural forbidden for women with a tattoo on their lower back? or it's just a common myth?
O&O's    A&A's

meikle

How do you feel about facial tattoos and performing them?  Are they pretty rare for people to ask?

The only tattoos I've ever wanted would have been on my face but then I'd never get a job and I cry.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Haloriel

Quote from: Anya on August 13, 2011, 04:42:38 AM
I have two tattoos so far, a little one behind my neck and another little one on my left wrist. Anyway, silly question, is Epidural forbidden for women with a tattoo on their lower back? or it's just a common myth?

It has to do with having a tattoo that covers a very large area firstly, and if the affected skin is still healing.  The anaesthesiologist will try to insert the needle between areas where skin is not tattooed, for the risk of getting tattoo pigments inside the needle, which we do not want.  I hope that helps a little.  Now there is supposedly research having to do with the later development of cancer, however it is fairly controversial, if I recall correctly.

:)

In short, as long as you aren't running out and getting tattooed right before your EDD, or getting tattoos that cover the skin completely, all should be well. 

Oniya

Quote from: Pav on August 14, 2011, 01:42:05 PM
Any time someone wants a tattoo in a highly visible place that won't be easily covered by professional attire, we make sure they are already pretty heavily tattooed.

I've seen a number of pictures of people with solid artwork done in such a manner that it covers the entire area that a full suit would cover, complete with a notch down the chest to allow for a light-colored shirt.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17