Balamb Garden (Final Fantasy VIII) -Please Use Recruitment Thread in First Post-

Started by Florence, June 27, 2012, 10:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg

I'm going to make a slight change to Doomtrain before I post him in the other thread. Just going to change the ethereal wisps into flame tracks like the original.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Latooni Subota

Sure Hyde, steal my rifle and the GF I only didn't pick because I thought it would be broken/stepping on the GM's toes. I see how it is! *Shakes fist* X3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

MzHyde

There's eight pages of stuff! I tried to look at all the profiles I could. Well, they seem like pretty much opposites. It would be fun to play them off one another.

Florence

Well, if Latooni doesn't mind the similarities, then I hereby approve all characters posted so far :U -slams judge gavel-
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

kckolbe

So, how do we know if our char is approved?  Nothing bad was said after I posted him, but I don't remember Finn ever saying approved.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

MzHyde

If there's a character thread or something can it be put in the first post for easy access?

Mossberg

Quote from: kckolbe on June 30, 2012, 03:20:04 PM
So, how do we know if our char is approved?  Nothing bad was said after I posted him, but I don't remember Finn ever saying approved.
Quote from: Finn MacKenna on June 30, 2012, 03:19:10 PM
Well, if Latooni doesn't mind the similarities, then I hereby approve all characters posted so far :U -slams judge gavel-
There's your answer buddy.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Florence

Added a link to the main, central thread in the first post.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

kckolbe

Given how many characters there are and that many have known each other for years, can we get a thread for character relationships before going to IC posts?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

lore

we've been touching on that in the ooc thread

kckolbe

Here and there, and only with a couple of characters.  I just think it would be a waste not to develop that much potential history.

Intro Thread

slowmojoe

Hello all, I'm interested in playing if it is not too late.... A place holder for my character, until I finish the full write up:

Name: Connor

Weapon: Tonfa (pair)
Specialization: Defensive Melee

GF Name: Cú Chulainn

Revenent

Quote from: kckolbe on June 30, 2012, 04:22:30 PM
Here and there, and only with a couple of characters.  I just think it would be a waste not to develop that much potential history.

I think it might be better to at least leave some of that for after we've started the IC. Planning every single friendship out beforehand tends to make things less fluid

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: kckolbe on June 30, 2012, 04:18:12 PM
Given how many characters there are and that many have known each other for years, can we get a thread for character relationships before going to IC posts?

don't you think that's a bit premature considering the game doesn't even have a full roster and recruitment is still open?

lore

QuoteHello all, I'm interested in playing if it is not too late.... A place holder for my character, until I finish the full write up:

Name: Connor

Weapon: Tonfa (pair)
Specialization: Defensive Melee

GF Name: Cú Chulainn

Woop! another defensive character :) I hope you can make it.

QuoteI think it might be better to at least leave some of that for after we've started the IC. Planning every single friendship out beforehand tends to make things less fluid

Too true, but if people have known each other for 10+ years, it can be helpful to snag a best friend and rival, even if all the details aren't worked out.

Edit

Planning rivalries can also help eliminate OOC tension. I tend to like to talk to a writer before deciding my character has a beef with theirs. This might be overly cautious, but you never know.

Capone

Depending on the size of Balamb Garden and when people are joining, it might not be that hard to buy into the notion that not everyone knows each other. I know in College I met a lot of new people each year in my classes, with only a handful of recognizable faces semester to semester.

If Balamb is not as huge as a College, then even in high school there were people in my grade level I've never spoken to, let alone knew well.

lore

For sure. I didn't know the majority of people in my high school class beyond their name, but I still had some I got on with, and others I didn't.

Kineas

*spits out drink* Wh-wha FFVIII?! Are you still open? Oh goodness what kind of character would I play...?

Er, how about, is there a character list thread somewhere to get an idea about the cast? Perhaps I should just read all 8 pages~ >.>'

Kineas

Okay, question: Was the plan still to aquire GFs during the RP? If so is it okay if I post a character sheet application without full GF information yet? I'm having a hard time making a decision. xD

Also, thank you for the link, Capone. :)

Edit: Bwaaah, nevermind, I figured it out. =)

Florence

I believe we're going to start with them. You can feel free to start without one if you'd like, though, perhaps your character hasn't found one they're compatible with. However, it would put your character at a disadvantage against the other students who do have them.

Capone

So I went back and read some of the SeeD information, and I had forgotten how a lot of it goes. I forgot that Squall and a couple others already have Guardian Forces before going to tackle Ifrit. Fortunately, Zandelle can still meet Stray as part of the exam. I'll work out a low-level mission that Zandelle would have completed later, probably a recon, as that is the secondary requirement before the field exam.

Zandelle is not going to be much of a spell caster. In Final Fantasy VI the only spells Stray gave were Muddle, Imp and Float, so those are what I'll leave Zandelle with using once he gets a GF.