Sins of the Fallen (Pathfinder RPG, Custom World, NC:E possible)

Started by Myrleena, June 26, 2011, 08:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

Sins of the Fallen

"Six months ago the Crusade poured through Last Stand and Windspire, taking dozens of soldiers with them.  Oh, the force was so bright, so powerful.  They were led by Elric Von Kalvert, a knight and king from Cathedral, all the way from the first terrace.  Gods, he blazed like the sun in his silver armor, his golden sword held high.  The host seemed unstoppable as they poured through.  Thounsands of men and women came through each day, for months on end.  Dwarves from Mountainheart, clad in shining mail.  Our brother and sister elves from Osira, clad in the light armor of the seas there and with their slender and deadly pistols.  Humans from Cathedral, Osira, Mountainheart, and Dale...untold legions passed through Windspire.  And with them I saw many of my friends from Last Stand go, choosing to stand behind this legend in the making.  Many of my fellow soldiers left as well, and half of my own company joined the Crusade.  Fool that I was, I nearly went with...but someone had to remain behind.  I feared that the devils would launch an attack while we were weakened, a fear that vanished like a memory as they marched.  Gods...what a beautiful sight it was, watching the host of warriors, magi, and clergy striding forth in a glorious wave, nearly a million strong.  The gods must have been cursing us for fools."

"They strode out into Lylaen and destroyed many of the hosts of devils that we had been unable to dislodge.  They wiped out entire towns of cultists in their holy wrath, and then they advanced on Cindersedge, where the portal to Heaven's Scar remained.  The Crusade re-fortified the town after freeing it, and then they marched through.  My company was deployed to secure the site, and so I heard many of the reports that came back through.  With Sir Elric's leadership they smashed three devil hosts in that wasteland of rocks and spires.  They even won through to the portal to the Barren Wastes, cutting off reinforcements as they mopped up the last of the devils and demons within their reach.  And so the Crusade entered the Barren Wastes...that hellscape of blasted sands and rocky ridges.  Whispers spoke that Elric meant to reach the portal to the Abyss itself, that he meant to challenge the Gods of Darkness to battle, and destroy them and their ambitions once and for all.  That he would stop the Abyss from growing, from eventually consuming us all."

"Our hopes were so high!  But they were in vain.  The first survivors reached my detachment only two months ago.  The group of a dozen magi had escaped with the most powerful of the priesthood and dozens of wounded.  You had to have seen their faces, drawn with shock and fear.  Their story struck fear into us all.  They spoke of how the Crusade was halfway to the portal to the Abyss when they were confronted by a vast devil of Pride.  He was huge and completely inhuman, sneering at the Crusade as he bellowed his challenge to Sir Elric himself.  And Sir Elric succumbed to Pride, striding forward into single combat.  Their voices dropped in awe at the memory of the battle, as Sir Elric nearly felled the great devil, with it bleeding from a dozen wounds.  But the devil struck a mortal blow to their champion, and with a word it snuffed out the great hero's life.  If that had been all, the devil surely would have been vanquished, but no.  With another word, the devil cast a great spell which illuminated the twilight sky of the Barren Wastes.  Sir Elric's armor darkened and he rose to his feet as it mended, his eyes beginning to glow with red light.  He raised his sword, now stained green with the ichor of his foe, and he challenged his own followers to battle."

"That was when the devils struck.  Titanic worms burst from the sands to consume warriors, and legions of devils appeared as if from nowhere.  Had they not been shaken by the death and fell resurrection of Sir Elric, the Crusade could still have won through, but they were shaken.  They shattered under the impact, and they broke and ran.  The sands were stained with blood, and those that could escaped.  The magi were but the first to reach us.  I held the Cindersedge gate, my men wavering with fear, but I could do little else.  I had to hold the gate for those who made it back to us.  The others trickled in over the past two months.  Five thousand is all that passed through while I commanded Cindersedge.  Out of a host of nearly a million, only five thousand escaped.  The flower of a generation, just...gone.  I would that we could get through the gate again, for the survivors speak of hundreds being captured, and I fear what may be done to them.  But I lost Cindersedge, to my eternal shame.  I was driven back to Windspire, until Lady Skyspear herself drove my pursuers away, empowered by Alain herself.  The devils are back in our forests, and we cannot stop them.  Our coffers are drained by the Crusade, and we are undersupplied.  Those who left leave Citadel Windspire at half-strength, and Last Stand has but a quarter of the men it needs.  And the Darkness has consumed a man who might have challenged the Gods of Darkness themselves, and a generation of warriors.  I can but pray that we can hold them back.  That another generation can arise to battle the Darkness once more.  That someone to replace Sir Elric, and send him back to his grave, will rise among our children."

"Until then, I will defend Citadel Windspire with my life.  For my own children live on the other side of the portal.  I pray that my life will be enough."

- Flyndale Farsight
Captain of Citadel Windspire

-----------

This game uses the world of Adena, detailed here.  Adena is a world of my own creation, and is a work in progress.  I won't contradict anything currently written (though I may reword it on occasion...sometimes my explanations are lacking) but it may grow over time.

The party will be heroes gathering in the capital of Jewel, Amethyst (referenced in the link above).  Your exact goals are likely murky, but they essentially come down to keeping the devils from invading Jewel.  Some people might hope to drive them out of Lylaen as well.  That's up to you.  Obviously, there are other motivations, including the vast amounts of wealth that have been liberally scattered through the many battlefields that cover Lylaen.

-----------

Two words of warning about this game.  First, I will not be caring about the power level of opponents.  If they're too potent, you'd best have an escape route.  That's your problem, not mine.  Second, I expect people to be playing the 'good' guys.  No instant conversions into bad guys.  That isn't to say you have to all be holy warriors...you don't.  But you can't be outright evil.  Oh, and a third thing.  This game will be going relatively light on sexual content, if at all.  If it happens, please try to keep it from delaying the continuation of the game.  Nothing sucks more than a couple of people holding up the entire game.  You may also start a secondary thread to finish things, if you're going to take a significant amount of time.

Also, some enemies will try to kill outright.  Some will try to capture, some rape...it will run the gamut of possibilities.  Enemies can be negotiated with in some cases.  Some are ruthless, brutal bastards, though.

Posting Rate:
I will be posting every two to three days, approximately.  This will advance the plot slightly, or give reactions of other characters.  Combat will move more slowly.  I, as GM, will roll initiative for all characters at the start of combat, giving the posting order.  From the time the person before you posts, you have 48 hours to post.  If you do not, your turn will be skipped.

Character Generation Rules

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

8th Level
32 Point Buy
Standard Gold (33,000 gp for 8th), plus one item worth up to 10,000 gp that is a bequest from another important NPC in your background.
Non-Evil Characters.  If you follow a demon, fine, but the demon has to be neutral, or not wanting to destroy everything.  Play nicely.
Races are currently limited.  I'm working on writing up updated halflings, half-elves, half-orcs, and gnomes.  They should be up in the next few days.
Maximum HP on level up. (d6 = 6, d8 = 8, d10 = 10, d12 = 12.)
2 Traits from different categories
Cohorts may be allowed, but they require a full writeup, and have to be played as their own characters. Cohorts are not extensions of your character. 25 PB, normal gold for their level, make them interesting.

Approved Material
Pathfinder Core Rules
Advanced Player's Guide
Ultimate Magic
Ultimate Combat (On release.)
Inner Sea Primer
Bestiary 1
Bestiary 2

Banned Material
Antagonize (Feat, Ultimate Magic)

I reserve the right to nix anything that's significantly outside the accepted power bounds. On the other hand, I may be flexible about bringing new things in that fit the power curve.

Skills

Skills will be important in this game, however, much of that is in the hands of the players.  I will only rarely ask for a skill check.  Those times I do ask will be almost exclusively for Perception or Knowledge checks.  If you want to do something that involves a skill, just make the roll and put it down.  If you think someone is lying, roll a sense motive check.  If you want to jump the pit, roll your acrobatics.  If you don't roll, you either won't notice (bluff or perception for most traps) or you'll likely fail what you attempt.  And remember, while social skills help with opponents, they might have things that they will not give up, no matter how bad things get.  Just like PCs, they can resist such skills if they have sufficient motivation.

Here is a sample character sheet in BBCode, should anyone wish to use it.

[b]Ruleset:[/b] Pathfinder
[b]Player:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
[b]XP:[/b]

[b]Class & Level:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Init:[/b] +xx
[b]Speed:[/b] xx ft.

[b]Str:[/b] 10 (+0) [10] (+0)
[b]Dex:[/b] 10 (+0) [10] (+0)
[b]Con:[/b] 10 (+0) [10] (+0)
[b]Int:[/b] 10 (+0) [10] (+0)
[b]Wis:[/b] 10 (+0) [10] (+0)
[b]Cha:[/b] 10 (+0) [10] (+0)

[b]HP:[/b] x (xdx+x)
[b]AC:[/b] xx (+x Armor, +x Dex)
[b]Touch:[/b]
[b]Flat-Footed:[/b]

[b]Fort Save:[/b] +x (+x Base, +x Con)
[b]Ref Save:[/b]  +x (+x Base, +x Dex)
[b]Will Save:[/b] +x (+x Base, +x Wis)

[b]BA:[/b] +x
[b]CMB:[/b]  (+x BA, +x Str, +x Size)
[b]CMD:[/b]  (10, +x BA, +x Dex, +x Str, +x Dodge, +x Deflection)

[b]Attacks:[/b]
Weapon +x (xdx+x/Critical Range and/or multiplier)

[b]Skills:[/b]

+x [b]Skill[/b] (x Ranks, +x Stat)
+x [b]Class Skill[/b] (x Ranks, +x Stat, +3 Class)

[b]Languages:[/b]

[b]Feats:[/b]

[b]Traits:[/b]

[b]Special Qualities:[/b]

[b]Spells:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

-----------

I'm currently looking for 4 players for the game (in addition to my Girlfiend, ShamshielDF), and I will be slightly selective about taking players.  Please take the time to read through the history above as well as the one in the world writeup, at the very least.  This world has a peculiar feel to it, and I want to preserve that.

Experience

Characters will level when they reach experience multiples of three.  Thus, a character of 8th level starts with 24 experience.  I will give out experience when PCs reach landmark points, where I believe they've learned something or advanced.

OOC Thread

Genbu83

I'm game and would love to be in one of your's.

I was getting into your Dungeons as you bowed out, though I am very familiar with your character generation.

I'll take a moment to look at character archetypes that'd fit the setting.

I'd be most interested in playing an Inquisitor, likely of Durand. I feel in a way he is a nicer view of the inevitable. Hardship is something that must be endured. However, it tempers a finer soul.

Myrleena

Yeah...the problem with my Dungeons game was that it was effectively a dozen different games in the same setting, and it just overwhelmed me.  An annoying side effect I hadn't expected.

As to character generation, it's a bit different than it was before.  Shouldn't be much different, though.

And one thing to note about the Gods of Light.  Actually, a couple of things.  First, the Gods of Light know that the various sins are necessary for Adena to exist.  The problem is that they didn't intend to create such powerful incarnations of the sins, that hated them enough to destroy the entire world to kill them.  Their mortal servants, on the other hand, are free to interpret things as they will.  This leads to the intolerance and relative ignorance of mortal servants who think the sins need to be destroyed.

Second, all of the gods can be killed.  They aren't omnipotent, but they're very, very powerful beings in their own rights.  The gods, as an example, might be in the range of CR 30-35.  But they can be killed.

Foxfyr

Oooo, the story background has me hook, line, and sinker. I'm thinking an arcane class who has plenty of skill using a bow so he won't rely solely upon his limited magic capabilities.  Expect a character sheet sometime this evening. :-)

Genbu83

That's sort of why I like playing inquisitors. Some times you must do "evil" for the sake of good.

Though Playtesting a gunslinger could be interesting in yor game. I do like the raw power of your dwarves.

I'm still very sold on playing and Inquistor of Durand, but A Dwarven Ranger could work, unless we'll be traveling the terraces, then a magus or cleric might be more useful.

TheGlyphstone

I'll call tentative interest, uncertain on character concept. DMs running homebrewed worlds are always fun to play with, being more involved and dedicated, and you've already built confidence for me in DMing skill with the Damien Nightstrider game (slow as that is progressing).

Would you consider adding Pathfinder: Psionics Unleashed to the approved list?

Altair1983

Id love to throw my hat into this game the setting looks rather intriguing.

Myrleena

Okay, let's see if I can answer questions in (approximate) order, and get to all of them.  Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...as I said, I'm only looking for 4 players.  I'll take players whose characters show that they've read the backgrounds and are trying to fit into the setting (not that it'll be hard).  I talk a lot tougher than I really am up front.  It helps get the point across, I've found.

Now, in order-ish.  First, Loki, that sounds fine by me. (I'm a sucker for arcane-archer type characters...even if I've never played one.)  Damn the hells of being a GM primarily.

If you want to play a gunslinger, Genbu, you're welcome to.  However, I will require you to update to the final version when Ultimate Combat comes out.  And yeah, the races in this world are...a bit scary.  Hopefully it gets across how scary the world is as well.  Damn, that reminds me...I need to work on the other races. *cringes*

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm prejudiced against most of the other core races.  I just don't like most of them thematically.  But I'll get them done.

Also, I won't be allowing Psionics Unleashed for several reasons, Glyph.  First and foremost, I don't own the supplement.  Second, I don't like the power-point system.  It bugs me for some reason.  Silly, I know.  Third, it's a third party product, and those always make me nervous...even though I've heard good reviews of DSP.  And fourth, I'm holding out hope that Paizo will put out their own version of psionics. >.>

I think I got everything...no, wait!  So people are aware, this will be run in The Hunt For Damien Nightstrider subforum of the Big Group Games.  It won't be connected to the other games, but it will be in the forum (because I already have Moderator rights there).  I think that covers everything now.

TheGlyphstone

PsiUnleashed is Paizo's "official" psionics supplement (as in, they've said there will be no in-house book), despite it being contracted out to a third-party publisher, but okay.

Myrleena

Everything I've seen has been fans saying that they aren't going to do psionics.  The only references to psionics by staff members in recent history is James Jacobs, who said that they would take more than minor tweaks.  And he's said that he wants to do both Epic and Psionics, too.  In fact, Here is his recent commentary on the subject, 11 days ago.

Anyway, as I said.  I'm not going to allow it for several reasons.

Altair1983

Ill be bringing in a Human Combat Rogue and ill get my sheet up hopefully around tommorrow.

Foxfyr

Here is my CS thus far.  It's still under construction (obviously), but I'll finish it up once you create the modified abilities for the Half-Elf class.   :-)

I have a background in the works, just a matter of getting my ideas on virtual paper.

Genbu83

Dwaven gunsling from your world sounds really cool. I'd be just fine with updating. Though, I might just play both, an inquisitor with a gunslinger cohort. It has been a while since I've had a cohort...and as I know, you play up monster abilities.

Expect Character Sheets within the day. I'm off to number crunch.

Myrleena

First, your character sheet isn't publicly viewable, Loki.  Just an FYI. >.>

As for other things...I quickly cranked out some stats for the other races.  Yes, they're rough, and they also had things taken from the APG for their additional abilities, but...they're there, and I think they fit.  Ah, that reminds me!

In this world, Gnomes are a minor subrace of dwarves, and Halflings are a subrace of elves.  They split off ages ago, but that's where they originated.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Myrleena on June 27, 2011, 09:14:39 PM
First, your character sheet isn't publicly viewable, Loki.  Just an FYI. >.>

*Facepalms*

It would help if I linked the correct CS, wouldn't it?   :P  It should be fixed now.

Myrleena

Yes, that would, in fact, help.  And looks good thus far.  Though I'm more about character histories and such myself.  But hey, I'm in this for the story.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Myrleena on June 27, 2011, 07:57:51 PM
Everything I've seen has been fans saying that they aren't going to do psionics.  The only references to psionics by staff members in recent history is James Jacobs, who said that they would take more than minor tweaks.  And he's said that he wants to do both Epic and Psionics, too.  In fact, Here is his recent commentary on the subject, 11 days ago.

Anyway, as I said.  I'm not going to allow it for several reasons.

I stand corrected.

KaitlynKay

Here's another tentative interest for you.  I'm sticking my toes into Pathfinder one at a time, and this might be a good place to stick the second toe in if you want me. :)

TheGlyphstone

KaitlynKay

TheGlyphstone

I think you mean 'delicious'.

Anyways, I'm considering a Summoner of some sort - concept PMed for detailed exploration.

Myrleena

Sorry, was cooking dinner when the posting/PM spree started.  Quick answers:

KaitlynKay, you're more than welcome to poke your head in!  I try to be friendly about new players, though if my posts are sometimes somewhat terse, don't take it personally...I just have a hard time figuring out how to end them

For everyone, we currently have another player who is going to be in, who has given me his character history.  The history is good enough that, so long as he builds his character, he will be getting into the game.  If all those currently interested do well, I'll allow everyone in.

Damn it, I suck at turning people away. >.>  Especially when the characters are just awesome.

KaitlynKay

Myrleena, do you mind if my character takes the place of Genbu's cohort?  It would really help me with learning (since he is the catalyst to me finding pathfinder and is helping me along).

Myrleena

Hrrm...if you want to, that's fine.  Or if you want to go with a lower level character, that's also fine.  Just realize, while my bark is worse than my bite (usually), I'm a rather brutally fair Game Master.  Being lower level could be very detrimental to your character's health.

KaitlynKay

Umm .  I have a bad habit of dieing :P  Lol, I think I'll go ahead and be his cohort.  It gives be the ability to play under his limited shelter since  . i hope . . he won't let his cohort out right die- and I will get a bit more experience under my belt.

Genbu83

This is Orion

A work in progress. I assume we are doing wealth by level?

Myrleena

Nothing says you couldn't build a full PC and say that you're his cohort/pupil, hmm?  I prefer to have the full funding, at the very least.

KaitlynKay

I think that that was basically what we were intending. :)

Myrleena

*points up at Chargen rules to Genbu*  States up there.  33,000 gp (standard for 8th), plus one item worth up to 10,000 gp that must be a bequest from an NPC in your character history.

ShamshielDF

Hewwo!  So people are aware, there is a Shammie shuffling about the thread now.  Sort of headachey and blitzed after a long/chaotic work day (and weekend), but here.  Well...here-ish.  We'll go with that...hereish.

I've been helping Myr brainstorm the world.  She throws out ideas, I complicate them, she goes "hrrrrmmm..." and then simplifies my concepts back to something that makes sense to normal brains.  Now I need to work on a character concept.  One that she'll let me build, at least...bribes may be in order...
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Genbu83

80 percent done. Need to pick spells and maybe switch a trait.

myrleena. If my story item is a weapon...would I gain proficiency in that weapon? Or do you allow for the beta playtest of humans beign proficient with one weapon?

The item in question is the bastard sword I built as sort of his plotline.

Genbu83

Quote from: Myrleena on June 27, 2011, 11:36:50 PM
*points up at Chargen rules to Genbu*  States up there.  33,000 gp (standard for 8th), plus one item worth up to 10,000 gp that must be a bequest from an NPC in your character history.

Sorry I read that, just had a brainfreeze. I'm working on my own campaign while jumping into your's. If it's any consolation, the citadel inspired me to build a very adaptable inquisitor.

Myrleena

Hehe.  Not a problem.

Now, if you choose a weapon as your bequest, you do not gain automatic proficiency with it.  If you really want to be proficient, you have a feat at 1st level.  Sorry if it's not ideal, but...*shrugs* That's how I'm running it.

Genbu83

Quote from: Myrleena on June 28, 2011, 10:01:02 AM
Hehe.  Not a problem.

Now, if you choose a weapon as your bequest, you do not gain automatic proficiency with it.  If you really want to be proficient, you have a feat at 1st level.  Sorry if it's not ideal, but...*shrugs* That's how I'm running it.

That's ok, i was just checking. I'm actually going to backdoor it, and take the Heirloom weapon feat, just so I'm proficient with that individual weapon, and I'll add a little gold to the value of it to make it silvered for free. That was my original plan anyhow.

TheGlyphstone

Question on aging:

Quote from: Elves
They take care of their surroundings, being forced to take a long view with a lifespan that extends beyond three-quarters of a century.

Is 'century' a typo, or are elves the only species whose natural lifespan is longer than 75 years? I had assumed aging categories/maximum ages were unchanged, but this makes me wonder.

Also, you've mentioned portals a few times, that connect the terraces to their neighbors. Presumably, the 'down' portal is in a different location than the 'up' portal for each level, but is that the only means of planar travel? Or can beings with the ability to Plane Shift still do so?

Both of these questions are highly relevant to my background, so hopefully you can answer them soon.

Myrleena

Gah, typo!  Meant a Millennium. >.<  I'll fix it in a bit.  And actually, they're going to be longer lived than normal elves.

As for portals, correct.  They are in different places.  Thus, the massive fortress cities of Last Stand and Citadel Windspire were built on the locations where Jewel and Lylaen meet.  Cindersedge is on the site of the portal to Heaven's Scar, and frequently changes hands.

And plane shifting is covered under Magic...or was it Spells?  It is in there, though.

KaitlynKay

I am still working on my character sheet but I definitely am interested.  I should have it all done tnight if I don't have a meltdown from unreated things going on today.

TheGlyphstone

Whoops. I'll go read up on the spells then, as I eagerly await the clarification on ageing.

Myrleena

Well, I'll say that elves will be able to hit about 1000~ years, give or take.  It's still old for them, but they can.  And dwarves live about 400-550 years as well.  Don't have exact mechanics yet.

And not a problem, Kait.  I haven't said whom is in the game for certain, aside from my PM player. >.>

Foxfyr

Finally got my character completed!  :D  Please let me know if there is anything I need to change or edit, especially in the way of history (though I think I kept true to the RP's background for the most part.)  You may need to review the price of my magical weapons, because I wasn't entirely sure how to work the table on the Pathfinder SRD. 

For the bow I got (400g base plus str increase + 300g masterwork price + 2,000g for (+1) + 8,000g to make it Holy = 10,700g)

For the Curve Blade I got (80g base price + 300g masterwork price + 2,000g for (+1) + 2,000g to make it Keen = 4,380g)

If I overlooked something, please let me know so I can make any necessary corrections.  Also, I am using the Action Points box to keep track of my Ki Pool, so don't let that confuse you. :-)

Kitai Ingenui Aldrick
-Half-Elf Zen Archer

Description
Kitai has a lean body with the tight muscular build of a large hunting cat, which only makes her canted emerald eyes more piercing.  The platinum white hair upon her head is cut in a way that most closely resembles that of a horse the way the sides of her head is shaved clean but the abundant length from the top of her head down to her neck drapes down to make it less noticeable.  This style also helps to accent her slightly pointed ears that expresses the Elven blood flowing through her veins.  Her stance and stride both reflect her strong sense of self assurance while at the same time suggesting a persistent contemplative state of mind.

History
Kitai was one of the thousands who had become orphaned at very young age by the demonic blight that stalked the land.  She was much too young to remember what had happened to her family, but it was through pure chance that the infant half-elf had made it to The Monastery of Saint Aldrick.  From what she had gathered through the years of living side-by-side with the very monks who took her in, she was found amongst a bed of blankets in the saddlebag of a riderless horse when she was no more than a few months old.  The blood that was heavily spattered across the mount had not yet dried when the night watch had spotted it in the dusk.  Naturally, the benevolent monks took her in until somebody came to claim her; though it had come as no surprise when nobody did so as the weeks passed.  Jewel had always had its trouble with the profane creatures, but times were so bad back then that even the land surrounding hallowed ground was not entirely devoid of the occasional hunting party of Abyssal horrors.  It had been years before Lord Kalvert had begun his rally to cleanse the land of the abominations and most were content with simply protecting their own fortifications.

With nobody else to raise her, the society of monks filled the vital role in her life as parental and spiritual guides.  There had been nothing upon the mount that suggested the child’s identity, so the temple bestowed her with the name and title Kitai Ingenui Aldrick, the forename was her own, but her surnames roughly translated to: ‘born free within the house of Aldrick’.  Kitai lived as a temple oblate until she was old enough to enroll as a candidate.  From there, she devoted her life to meditation as a means of seeking enlightenment through clarity of mind.  As followers of the Goddess of Patience, the core of their lessons were based upon mastering their thoughts to refine their focus and expand their reasoning.  From day one candidates practiced their kata meticulously, motions performed in such slow rhythm that it became a form of meditation in of itself as the students learned every minute detail of the maneuvers.

This particular monastery was unique not only because it was the largest site dedicated to Numina, but also because the avatar of Saint Aldrick resided within the commune's walls to assist in the teachings of their patron deity.  During the years of her training Aldrick took an interest in her development, for reasons only those gifted with supernatural foresight could grasp.  It was nothing especially overt, typically showing in the most subtle context of select lessons that gave her the impression that he had been addressing her specifically despite professing among a few dozen.  Kitai also suspected that he had been responsible for the gradual shift in her educational progress that focused more upon archery rather than the generalized training.  Such specializations were customarily pursued by the personal preference of the candidate; it is extremely uncommon for them to be directed towards it by another, even through subtle means.

When Kitai came of age and graduated to monkhood, her suspicions were validated as Aldrick took a more hands-on approach to her continued training.  At this point, Monks of the Bow were trained specifically to defend the siege walls surrounding the city.  These individuals were the first line of defense against enemies that had grown bold enough to lead an assault upon the monastery.  A modestly sized group of Zen Archers could unleash missiles at such a rate that the resulting swarms of arrows were capable of felling adversaries faster than they could travel up the inclined earth leading to the walls.

For reasons only known to him, Aldrick saw it fit to prepare Kitai for a different path of service.  Her combat training was focused upon conflicts in open ground rather than from behind the stone fortifications.  Saint Aldrick taught her wider fields of study that included the arcane arts and the workings of the various planar terraces.  She had begun implementing her study of magic shortly before Lord Kalvert's missive was sent across Adena to rally forces in his crusade to purge the Fallen from the mortal coil.  Kitai believed that this was the moment Saint Aldrick had been preparing her for, but had been surprised when her mentor had forbade her from joining the group who left to do battle.  Most would have been outraged at that, but Kitai had long since learned that the avatar of Numina never acted without carefully considering matters.  If he thought it better for the realm to remain out of the fight, then that was almost guaranteed to be the case.

Months later, word had returned about the disaster that had befallen the unified might of Adena's mortal nations and Kitai realized that Aldrick had deduced the outcome of the conflict.  Though the loss to mankind was great, Kitai had long since trained herself to block out all emotions from such thoughts so that she may analyze situations objectively.  From the accounts of the battle, it had been the lack of restrain of Kalvert's emotions that had led to his downfall .  From her lessons and experience, those were common tactics that the devils used to strip tactical advantages from their adversaries, leaving them vulnerable to attack or corruption.  Upon hearing of the events during and following the battle, Aldrick locked himself in his meditation chamber where he remained for three days.  Upon the fourth, he sent for Kitai to join him.

It was there that he informed her that she was to prepare herself for a lengthy, perilous journey that will begin in Amethyst.  He had not given her any details regarding whom to meet or what she will be doing, only that his lessons had been preparing her for this quest and that she would know what to do once she got there.  Before dismissing her, Aldrick gave her a symbol of her time at the monastery and her specialized training that would aid her in her travels.  She had seen similar headbands before, but this one had ornate carvings of runes and sigils that were icons of Numina's dominion.  There was little doubt in her mind that her mentor had made that specifically for her with his own skill.  Kitai accepted the gift with great pride and promptly set about preparing herself for what lies ahead.

Myrleena

Reading it over, have some commentary, but I'll wait until I'm done reading...

First, good history...but there are a number of flaws to it.  Primarily that Jewel has never had a major demonic attack upon it.  The only demons (or devils, for that matter) who live in Jewel are those who were bound there when the Dark Gods were created, or those that can Plane Shift.  And the latter take 4 negative levels while they're that far from the Abyss, which makes things even harder for them.  Plus, if their Caster Level is insufficient for Plane Shift after coming to Jewel, they're trapped.  Thus, very, very few devils or demons risk it.

Additionally, I saw the Adventurer's Sash and Durable Arrows on your sheet.  I don't believe that any of those are on the approved list I put on the first page.  If I remember right, the Sash is from Seeker of Secrets, and Durable Arrows...I think those are all the way from Elves of Golarion, which was a 3.5 product.  Oh, and I'm assuming you paid for the additional spells in your spellbook?

Sorry if it seems nitpicky...I have a tendency to look for things that stand out, and those stood out to me. *shrugs*

Foxfyr

Quote from: Myrleena on June 28, 2011, 09:38:52 PM
Reading it over, have some commentary, but I'll wait until I'm done reading...

First, good history...but there are a number of flaws to it.  Primarily that Jewel has never had a major demonic attack upon it.  The only demons (or devils, for that matter) who live in Jewel are those who were bound there when the Dark Gods were created, or those that can Plane Shift.  And the latter take 4 negative levels while they're that far from the Abyss, which makes things even harder for them.  Plus, if their Caster Level is insufficient for Plane Shift after coming to Jewel, they're trapped.  Thus, very, very few devils or demons risk it.

No problem, that would be an easy fix.  I guess I got a more epic visual in my mind when you stated "This realm, more than any other short of Lylaen, knows of the dangers of the Abyss, for they have to guard the portal to Lylaen against the threat of the lower terrace falling to darkness."

QuoteAdditionally, I saw the Adventurer's Sash and Durable Arrows on your sheet.  I don't believe that any of those are on the approved list I put on the first page.  If I remember right, the Sash is from Seeker of Secrets, and Durable Arrows...I think those are all the way from Elves of Golarion, which was a 3.5 product.

Another easy fix, I'll go ahead and take care of that now. I guess I got a little too carried away with the SRD that I forgot to check its source.  :-[

QuoteOh, and I'm assuming you paid for the additional spells in your spellbook?

Indeed I did, just shy of 1,000g worth of extra spells.  Since I don't get spells with Arcane Archer levels, I figured I might as well stock up now rather than wish I would be back in civilization to get the ones I need once I can use them.  ;)

QuoteSorry if it seems nitpicky...I have a tendency to look for things that stand out, and those stood out to me. *shrugs*

No worries, it's your god given right to be nitpicky with your own story.  I'm more than happy to accommodate what you're looking for in your RP.

Also, the crafting information is rather limited and I wanted a bit more clarification rather than make assumptions.  Would Craft Bowmaking/Fletching allow me to make arrows myself as long as I have the artisan tools for it?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Myrleena on June 28, 2011, 09:38:52 PM

Hm. This spawns a new question - what is the minimum caster level needed to use a SLA, for you? A number of demons and devils have the ability to Greater Teleport at will, despite having a nominal CL for the ability equal to their HD and less than the CL11 necessary to cast Greater Teleport as a spell. Are such demons prohibited from teleporting outside the Abyss?

Myrleena

Nah, I'm not doing it for Greater Teleport.  And as for Plane Shift, I'm only doing it for the minimum caster level of Plane Shift.  Meaning, caster level 9 is the minimum I'm setting it at.

KaitlynKay

I am not goign to get anything done tonight after all.  I got the baby to sleep and the 5 year old starts puking.  The baby has a specialist to see int eh morning then I will be able to get back to work. :)

Myrleena

Genbu83

I need to pull off my sash as well. sorry been using them too long, sort of reflex.

...and I sort of accidently posted in your world thread. i'm reading both as I finish up Orion...sorry.

Foxfyr

I've made the revisions to my character that you have mentioned thus far.  Let me know if there is anything else that needs to be done.  :-)

TheGlyphstone

If we take item creation feats, can we benefit from them pregame?

Myrleena

Okay, let's mention several more things...or answer questions, as it were.

Now the situation with the Sash was meant to be an example.  If things look within reason from other sources, I'll allow them, but you have to ask me first.  Honestly, the sash is perfectly fine.  I was just wondering to myself if people would notice the line about other power levels.

As for item creation feats...I don't think I will allow such.  The sacrifice, in my view, of item creation is the time it takes to craft it.  That has no meaning when you create a character whole-cloth.  If I were running a higher level game, I might allow it, but I want everyone to start on an approximately equal footing for now.

As an aside, since the leveling comment came to mind...I'll be adding rules on experience shortly.  In short, I'm modifying xp.  To reach any given level, you need 3 xp.  So you'll start with 24 xp, and level to 9 at 27 xp.  At 60 xp, you'll be level 20.  Makes my life easier, and is slightly more sane online, I think.

TheGlyphstone

Myrleena

XP is mostly going to be for landmark events.  You defeat a tough foe, negotiate a truce...I'm not going to codify it.  Essentially, you have to do something significant.  Sometimes 'something significant' is simply saving a town by wiping out a minor demonic nest nearby.  In other words, it depends.

TheGlyphstone

Okay, so level at the speed of plot, but with more to track it than "Ok, you level up now". Works for me.

Myrleena

Not...exactly.  See, I won't be tracking it.  I also don't railroad people.  If you decide to do some side quest, or go off in a direction I don't expect you to, you very well might gain 2-3 xp for it.  Or it might be a dead end with nothing worthwhile.  We'll know when we get there.  The game will be distinctly non-linear, and player driven.  Yes, I'll have events happen.  But if they happen, players are perfectly in their rights to ignore those events.  Oh, the consequences, what there are, will still happen.  But I'm not going to railroad you into it.  Thus, 'speed of plot' isn't exactly the right term.  I don't know what is, though.  I'm seeing it as closer to the Milestones that are awarded in the Dresden RPG.

TheGlyphstone

Sounds awesome.

One last question as I finish my mechanical sheet...can the NPC who gave us the 10,000GP item be dead?

Myrleena

Yup.  All it has to be is that it was given to you by an NPC who's important in your history.  Dead, alive...either way works.

TheGlyphstone

Excellent...I squeezed in a one-liner about looting the remains of one of his favorite professors after avenging the camp - that counts as "giving", I think. :D

Myrleena

*grumbles* I hate it when I forget something important until way late...adding the following to skills.  Actually, adding a Skills section.

Skills

Skills will be important in this game, however, much of that is in the hands of the players.  I will only rarely ask for a skill check.  Those times I do ask will be almost exclusively for Perception or Knowledge checks.  If you want to do something that involves a skill, just make the roll and put it down.  If you think someone is lying, roll a sense motive check.  If you want to jump the pit, roll your acrobatics.  If you don't roll, you either won't notice (bluff or perception for most traps) or you'll likely fail what you attempt.  And remember, while social skills help with opponents, they might have things that they will not give up, no matter how bad things get.  Just like PCs, they can resist such skills if they have sufficient motivation.

Genbu83

Well fortunately I've got a fair ammount of investment in several class skills. i'll contribute to the best of my abilities' Inquisitors make for good skill monkies.

TheGlyphstone

How do you handle Knowledge skills, particularly as they relate to identifying monsters and potential abilities/weaknesses they have?

Myrleena

That is what you'll have to roll for when you see a monster.  They have approximate DCs listed by the Knowledge skills, so...roll, and I'll give you the info.  Probably via PM.

TheGlyphstone

Would you be okay with reslotting an item on occasion? I'd like to have my "heirloom" be a locket/necklace that belonged to a loved one, but with the defensive properties of a Cloak of Protection.

Myrleena

Well, considering that there isn't a cloak of protection in Pathfinder...

Go for it.  That isn't a big deal to me.  It's, effectively, a ring of protection swapped into the place of an amulet of natural armor.  No big deal there.

TheGlyphstone

Er, I meant Cloak of Resistance - the saving throws boost. Still okay? I'll assume so - PMing you my completed sheet.

Myrleena

Okay, I'm going to be putting up the threads shortly.  However, please do not post your characters in the character thread unless they've been explicitly approved. (This means TheGlyphStone and Shihong, thus far.)  Also, please don't start posting in the main thread yet.  It's there to give a bit more info, and we'll be starting tomorrow or Friday.  OOC is fair game, however.

Myrleena

Threads are up, Link to OOC will be below.  OOC has links to the other threads as well, so I'm putting the link in the first page and in this post.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111844.0

Genbu83

Have you had a chance to look over Orion Myrleena? Or would you prefer I pm you about him?

Myrleena

Orion's character sheet is fine.  But when last I looked, there wasn't a history with it, and that's the more important bit at the moment.

Genbu83

I've added a history. It should be present in the notes section, but I will PM you the content just for your ease. Let me know whta i need to teak, so I don't break the flow of your story.

Tydorei

Myrleena

Possibly.  I'm waiting for people to finish characters to the point I approve them.  And since I've only had four actual submissions, not all of which have passed muster yet...*shrugs*

Genbu83

I responded to your pm. Shall I assume that my explanation hasn't been read yet?

Myrleena

Sorry, as I said in the OOC thread, it's been a long day.  I thought I responded already, but I guess I didn't.  I'll try to get back to you momentarily.

Katina Tarask

I'm definitely interested, so I'll enter this race.  One minor sticking point.  You say cohorts shouldn't be an extension of the PC, but I'm considering twins, which inherently makes them intimately intertwined.  Is that an issue?

Myrleena

You're welcome to put in an application.  And so everyone knows, I will begin posting and such as of tomorrow.  Feel free, if approved, to put up initial posts.

As for twins...you'd have to make them distinct individuals.  Oh, I should point out, ShamshielDF pointed out to me that some people take creatures such as giant eagles as cohorts to be mounts.  On such I will relax the restriction somewhat.

Genbu83

Hey Myrleena, I'm going to go ahead and take my name out of the running. Best of luck with your game.

Myrleena

Very well, then.  And yay, coming out of a brief depressive stage...I hate it when these hit, usually about once a year.  Joy and happy days, though, I finally have a job interview.

Altair1983

I hope their is still time im putting together my character still should have her up tommorrow.Sorry it took so long real life got in the way work got unexpectedly busy.

Altair1983

Character Name: Dezia
Alignment: Choatic Good
Height and Weight:5'4",140 lbs
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color:Hazel
XP:
Class and Level: Rogue/8
Race:Human
Init:6
Speed: 30 ft
Str:15
Dex:14
Con:14
Int:15
Wis:15
Cha:15

HP: 80
AC:15
Touch:12
Flat-Footed:13

Fort Save: 4=2+2
Reflex Save: 8=6+2
Will Save: 4=2+2

BA:6/1
CMB:8
CMD:20

Attacks:
Unarmed: +8/+3  1d3+2 x2
Cestus:  +8/+3  1d4+2 19-20/x2
Heavy Cross Bow: +8/+3 1d10 19-20/x2 120 ft

Skills:
Acrobatics: 9=4+2+3
Appraise: 9=4+2+3
Bluff: 9=4+2+3
Climb: 9=4+2+3
Craft(clothing): 9=4+2+3
Diplomacy: 9=4+2+3
Disable Device: 11=4+2+3+2
Disguise: 9=4+2+3
Escape Artist: 15=8+2+3
Intimidate: 9=4+2+3
Knowledge(Dungeoneering): 9=4+2+3
Knowledge(local): 9=4+2+3
Linquistics: 9=4+2+3
Perception: 9=4+2+3
Perform(Act): 8=3+2+3
Perform(comedy): 8=3+2+3
Perform(dance): 9=4+2+3
Perform(Percussion): 8=3+2+3
Perform(sing): 8=3+2+3
Profession(Courtesan): 8=3+2+3
Profession(Sailor): 9=4+2+3
Sense Motive: 9=4+2+3
Sleight of Hand: 15=8+2+3+2
Stealth: 15=8+2+3
Swim: 9=4+2+3
Use Magic Device: 9=4+2+3

Languages:Common,Elven, Gnome, Dwarf,Halfling,Sylvan

Feats:5
Leadership
Improved Unarmed Strike
Quick Draw
Stealthy
Deft Hands

Traits:
Natural Born Leader:
All cohorts, followers, or summoned creatures under your leadership gain a +1 morale bonus on Will saves to avoid
mind-affecting effects. If you ever take the Leadership feat, you gain a +1 trait bonus to your Leadership score.

Reactionary:
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks
Special Qualities:
Sneak Attack +4d6
Evasion
Trap Sense+2
Uncany Dodge
Improved Uncanny Dodge

Talents:
Fast Getaway
Fast Stealth
Fast Picks
Offensive Defense

Leadership score:13

Cohort level:6
Character Name: Reda
Alignment: Choatic Good
Race:Half Elf
Height and Weight: 5'8", 130 lbs
Hair Color:Blond
Eye Color:Blue
XP:
Class and Level:Bard/3 Cleric/3

Str:10
Dex:10
Con:10
Int:14
Wis:16
Cha:18

HP: 48
AC:13
Touch:10
Flat-Footed:13

Fort Save: 4=4+0
Reflex Save: 4=4+0
Will Save: 9=6+3

BA:4
CMB:4
CMD:14

Attacks:
Weapon
Skills:
Acrobatics: 4=1+0+3
Appraise: 7=2+2+3
Bluff: 8=1+4+3
Climb: 4=1+0+3
Craft(Alchemy): 9=4+2+3
Diplomacy: 10=3+4+3
Disguise: 8=1+4+3
Escape Artist: 6=3+0+3
Heal: 12=3+3+3+3
Intimidate: 8=1+4+3
Knowledge(Arcana): 7=1+2+3+1
Knowledge(History): 7=1+2+3+1
Knowledge(Nobility): 7=1+2+3+1
Knowledge(Planes): 7=1+2+3+1
Knowledge(religion): 8=2+2+3+1
Linguistics: 7=2+2+3
Perception: 9=1+3+3+2
Perform(Act): 8=1+4+3
Perform(Comedy): 8=1+4+3
Perform(Dance): 9=2+4+3
Perform(Sing): 9=2+4=3
Perform(Strings): 9=2+4=3
Profession(Cook): 7=1+3+3
Profession(Sailor): 7=1+3+3
Sense Motive: =2+3+3
Sleight of Hand: 6=3+0+3
Spellcraft: 7=2+2+3
Use Magic Device: 8=1+4+3

Languages: Common and Elven, Gnome, Dwarf,Halfling,Sylvan

Traits:
Birthmark
Benefit: This birthmark can serve you as a divine focus for casting spells, and you gain a +2 trait bonus on
all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.
Stealthy Escape:
Benefit: When trying to escape manacles, rope, or other similar restraints (but not grapples or similar attacks),
you may make a Sleight of Hand check instead of your Escape Artist modifier. If you free yourself, you gain a +2 trait bonus on Bluff checks to pretend that you are still bound.

Feats:
Selective Channeling
Benefit: When you channel energy, you can choose a number of targets in the area up to your Charisma modifier.
These targets are not affected by your channeled energy.
Combat Casting
Benefit: You get a +4 bonus on concentration checks made to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability when
casting on the defensive or while grappled.
Expanded Arcana
Benefit: Add one spell from your class’s spell list to your list of spells known. This is in addition to the
number of spells normally gained at each new level in your class. You may instead add two spells from your class’s
spell list to your list of spells known, but both of these spells must be at least one level lower than the
highest level spell you can cast in that class. Once made, these choices cannot be changed.
Special: You can only take this feat if you possess levels in a class whose spellcasting relies on a limited
list of spells known, such as the bard, oracle, and sorcerer. You can gain Expanded Arcana multiple times.
Extra Channel
Benefit: You can channel energy two additional times per day.
Special: If a paladin with the ability to channel positive energy takes this feat, she can use lay on hands four
additional times a day, but only to channel positive energy.
Domains:

Healing:

Granted Powers: Your touch staves off pain and death, and your healing magic is particularly vital and potent.

Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it for 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Healer's Blessing (Su): At 6th level, all of your cure spells are treated as if they were empowered, increasing the amount of damage healed by half (+50%). This does not apply to damage dealt to undead with a cure spell. This does not stack with the Empower Spell metamagic feat.

Domain Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, 2nd—cure moderate wounds, 3rd—cure serious wounds, 4th—cure critical wounds, 5th—breath of life, 6th—heal, 7th—regenerate, 8th—mass cure critical wounds, 9th—mass heal.

Community:

Granted Powers: Your touch can heal wounds, and your presence instills unity and strengthens emotional bonds.

Calming Touch (Sp): You can touch a creature as a standard action to heal it of 1d6 points of nonlethal damage + 1 point per cleric level. This touch also removes the fatigued, shaken, and sickened conditions (but has no effect on more severe conditions). You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Unity (Su): At 8th level, whenever a spell or effect targets you and one or more allies within 30 feet, you can use this ability to allow your allies to use your saving throw against the effect in place of their own. Each ally must decide individually before the rolls are made. Using this ability is an immediate action. You can use this ability once per day at 8th level, and one additional time per day for every four cleric levels beyond 8th.

Domain Spells: 1st—bless, 2nd—shield other, 3rd—prayer, 4th—imbue with spell ability, 5th—telepathic bond, 6th—heroes' feast, 7th—refuge, 8th—mass cure critical wounds, 9th—miracle.
Equipment(Reda's):
Brass Knuckles MW 1d3 crit x2 1lb 301 GP
Short Bow MW 1d6 crit X3 2lbs 330 GP
20 arrows 2 GP 6 lbs
Whip MW 1d3 Crit X2 2lbs 301 GP
Leaf Armor AC 3 max dex 5 ACP 0 20 LBS 500
Handy Haversack
Necklace of Adaptation
Alchemists Lab
Portable Alchemists lab
Antitoxins x10
Antiplagues x10
Body BalmsX10
Doctors Mask and Outfit
Entertainers Outfit
Cold and hot weather outfit
Night Tea Herbs X10
Bachelor Snuff Herbs x10
10 Cooking kits
10 Healing Kits
2 jugglers kits
2 leeching kits
5 doeses of rare perfume
10 smelling salts
Strethcers x5
Surgeon's tools x10
5 water purification sponges
634 GP to ship provisions fund

Spells:

Bard:
spells Known
0:7
Dancing Lights
Detect Magic
Know Direction
Light
Prestidigitaion
Read Magic
Summon Instrument
1:4
Cure Light Wounds x2
Feather Fall
Restfull Sleep
Spells per Day
1:4

Cleric:
Spells per day
0:4
Create Water
Spark
Stablilize
Purify food and Drink
1:3
Cure Light Wounds X2
Diagnose Disease
2:2
Cure Moderate Wounds x2

followers:
1:10 5 level 1 Rogues/ 5 level1 Bards5 both will have crafts of Shipwright and Carpentry and all will have
profession sailor
2:1 Level 2 Cleric/bard crafts of shipwright and carpentry  Knowledge Geography will be a must Profession sailor

Equipment(Dezia's):
Cestus MW 305 Gp 1d4 19-20/X2 1lb
Heavy Crossbow 350 Gp 1d10 19-20/x2 Range 120ft 8lbs
Bolts x60 2 lbs
Leaf Armor 500 GP AC:+3 Max Dex: +5 AC Check Penalty: 0
Handy Haversack
Necklace of Adaptation
Efficient Quiver
Cold Weather out fit
Courtiers outfit
Entertainers outfit
HOt weather outfit
2 artisan master work tools
Medium Cage
20 ft of chain
2 large chests
5 doses of rare perfurme
100 ft of silk rope
10 flasks of oil
Water proof hooded latern
2 simple locks
2 average locks
2 good locks
2 superior locks
2 normal manacles
2 master work manacles
2 master work thieves tools
17,863 set aside for ships provisions

Caravel (10,000 Gold Piece Bequeathed Item)
Colossal vehicle; Seaworthiness +4; Shiphandling
+2; Speed wind × 30 ft. (average); Overall AC –3;
Hull sections 24 (sink 6 sections); Section hp 80 (hardness
5); Section AC 3; Rigging Sections 3; Rigging hp 80 (hardness
0), AC 1; Ram 4d6; Mounts 2 light and 1 heavy; Space
60 ft. by 20 ft.; Height 10 ft. (draft 10 ft.); Complement 30;
Watch 7; Cargo 120 tons (Speed wind × 15 ft. if 60 tons or
more);
Description:
Dezia:
A confident and bold young with shoulder length red hair and bright and exuberant Hazel eyes and sun kissed skin
from her time out on the seas tends to dress in colorfull entertainers outfits that seem to have natural motifs
such as leaves and such and works well to help the armor blend in that she wears but to a trained eye it would be
noticeable but does not take away from the beauty of the outfits she wears.

Reda:Tends to be  a bit more quite and reserved than Dezia but when it comes to a performance or times of frivolity
she will definately let her hair down wears her long blonde hair in intricate braids and wears the same leaf armor
as Dezia and the same enterainers outfits and keeps the armor from detracting from the beauty of the outfit and
the natural beauty of the young half elf women with sun kissed skin from her travels on the seas as well and her
bright ocean blue eyes that always show her hidden passions even if she isnt expressing them in other ways.

History:Mine and Reda's life started of in a rather plain and grim way we were orphans who lived on the streets
and we faced some interesting times being disliked for our station and it was even harder on Reda with being
half-elf she was treated even lower the most but we had each other and we got by and I never left Reda behind
no matter i always looked out for her and she did me in  her own ways we were inserable but always had to keep
moving from town to town cause i learned to take what we needed to survive but it would eventually draw
attention from the thieves guild seeing me as a potential recruit and id always deny them cause the would
separate me from Reda and no matter what i wouldnt leave her behind we were each others only family and
I wont give that up for some greedy morons. However this did not go one forever when i thought it was the end
for Reda and me that when we met them the ones who changed our lives in ways we never thought imaginable
and it was on the faithful day that i was not able to keep one step ahead of a theives guild and i thought this
was it we would die together or be separated and survive but neither of thos things happened Caladrel and Soumral
Galanodel interfered and drove of the guild and from that day the adopted us trained us I grew as a talented rogue
but even better i was a skilled performer and so was Reda but she took to Soumral and followed in the foot steps of
the bard and cleric and we made a great team we danced well and our chemistry did well together and even our bonds
grew closer past that of family and even friendship but Caladrel and Soumral warned us about not drawing to much
attention for how close we were. well after meeting Caladrel and Soumral eventually after taking care of us and
training us came the day that the left us the ship that we traveled on along side the troupe the old troup was ready
to retire and go their separate ways and we were left to continue on the troupes good name and recruit talented
individuals who enjoyed the life on the seas as well as performing in many destinations and we set out to do just
that