Dragon Ball Interest Check! (Co-GM wanted!)

Started by Matttheman89, June 20, 2018, 09:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matttheman89

I'm looking for people interested in playing in a Dragon Ball story with me, and specifically someone to Co-GM the story, as I don't have a lot of experience when it comes to flying solo in that regard.

The story would be set on Earth, at least for a time, and will most likely be freeform, as I have no experience when it comes to any systems...at all. That means battles would pretty much be on the honor system, which since we're all big boys and girls I hope won't be a problem.

The background of the story would be somewhat reliant on canon, and some canon characters might actually be used by the GMs (no canon characters for player characters though, sorry), unless my future Co-GM and I can come up with suitable replacements. For example, King Vegeta and Frieza might exist within this story and factor into said story.

The Red Ribbon Army would be featured as the first major antagonists of the story, but as things expand, and if we decide to leave him in the story, the Frieza Force would serve as the antagonists moving forward, including Frieza himself. King Vegeta and the Saiyans would serve as a side force within the narrative, potentially allies...or enemies.

Character Creation would be fairly simple; at the start I will be allowing two Saiyan characters (one male, one female) to be submitted by the players, and other races, such as Namekians, Yardratians, Majin, and even Androids will be up for grabs as well, but I'm hoping for humans as well. Transformations will be allowed...eventually, so no Super Saiyans, Giant Namekians, or Majin transformations at the start. Three techniques will be allowed at the start, and I would prefer if character portraits were anime.

And...I think that's most everything I wanted to get across, at least right now. I have more ideas for the story, but I'm really hoping for a Co-GM to help me iron them out, expand upon, and come up with more ideas!

So come on! Who wants to play?  :-)

Kathyan

Keeping an eye on this. I would like to bring back Noodles, my gynoid from the other dragon ball game if that's fine. ^^

Matttheman89

Quote from: Kathyan on June 21, 2018, 11:21:01 AM
Keeping an eye on this. I would like to bring back Noodles, my gynoid from the other dragon ball game if that's fine. ^^
Certainly! I was hoping we might see more people from that game find their way here, actually, since I already know they like Dragon Ball.

Marie Reynolds

I might be interested, So  not sure what I want to apply with.

I have a few questions are the any particular origins for the two saiyans you want to see?

Hmm for mortals or the other  races any specific limitations on powers you are looking at?

Matttheman89

The only  thing I'd like to see for the two Saiyan origins is some reason for them to be on Earth. Other than that, it's completely up to the players.

Like I said before, the main limitation is no transformations from the start. Besides that, most other abilities are on the table. Now as for how strong we are at the start though, that's different. At the start of the story, characters will be no stronger than the canon characters were around the middle of the original Dragon Ball series.

Any other questions? :-)

Kathyan

The other game was more aimed at DB rather than DBZ, would that idea still be kept here?

Matttheman89

We'll be starting at more Dragon Ball levels of power and themes, and then eventually move on to Z-style adventures down the line.

Marie Reynolds

Hmm I am debating between either a member of  the frieza clan or an android. The question I have would  be since I am think either would be the ran to escape either there races plans for them or in the case of an android from there  creators. Either one did so to find there own life. Would that  fit for the story or throw a rench in the plot of the game.

Matttheman89

Something like that would fit the story perfectly! :-)

code][float=left][img height=300 padding=2]Appearance [/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Weapons/Equipment:[/b]
[b]Techniques:[/b]

Here is a character sheet for those interested! Remember though, only three techniques are allowed at the start! Other than that, go nuts!

Marie Reynolds

Cool.  I settled on the Android. Matttheman89 should i pm you to hash out the creator of my android?

Matttheman89

pdragon

might potentially be interested in giving this another shot
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Matttheman89

You're welcome to do so! Would you be using the same characters from last time or new ones?

pdragon

probably new ones, I didn't really like how the old ones ended up playing out.

Request Thread

Matttheman89

Okie dokie! Well the character sheet is up, so whenever you'd like to show off your characters, everyone, this is where to show them!

Kathyan

Name: Noodles
Race: Gynoid
Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality: With a super advanced computer for brain Noodles is a very intelligent girl capable of solving complex problems and equations in fractions of seconds although how body works is still a mystery for her, she should be able to generate blasts, rays and other forms of energy and to read others ki and measure their physical and ki strength if only she knew how to do so. She is also very innocent and friendly and extremely naive and her way of thinking is very simple and straightforward so she she sometimes comes up with solutions she doesn't really how to accomplish and will also be fooled easily.

History: Amberite or Rita as her father called her was the daughter of very intelligent but not so famous scientific in a small town. Doctor Gold Mine was a good man that wanted to help humankind with the advanced technology he was working on, one that would be within anyone's reach but when his younger brother Colonel Silver of the Red Ribbon found out he tried convince him to hire him to build an army of androids for them. Gold refused of course but they wouldn't take a no for an answer and he and Rita knew it, that's when she volunteered to let her father transform her in a gynoid. Unfortunately the red ribbon came first and bombarded his lab killing him and destroying everything of his research while Rita was still on testing phase, she was was far too powerful though to even be scratched by the attack but her memory was completely damaged, effectively making her lose her memory being the first thing she remembers getting out from under the stove with a pot full of noodle soup which she decided to take as a name from then on.

She has super human strength and resistance, albeit she has no discernible ki, but has no training at all as a fighter her current talents being limited just to household chores and cooking. Since her learning program wasn't completed yet not only she isn't aware of her full potential but she doesn't even know how to fully use her current potential either which will lead her to misuse her energy and run out of energy before she is supposed to.

Weapons/Equipment: Noddles carries a backpack that was also invented by her father and has the GM logo very visible in it and even though she doesn't remembers this she still cherishes it as her most valuable possession. Unlike the capsules invented by the capsule corp this pack cant reduce its size yet it can transform into any object relatively of the same size like a machine gun, a motorcycle or a stove. For some reason she really doesn't know she instantly knows how to use any object the pack transforms into.

Techniques:
Mind Algorithm
Immunity to hypnosis, confusion, and other mind attacks

Defense Protocol beta phase

Noodles can instantly enter in defense mode in response to any attack rendering her impervious to common attacks, and unlike martial artists she doesn't have to stand in any particular stance. Her speed greatly reduces though, as does her time reaction so she will usually stand still not to reveal this fact.

Explosive Attack Power

Although Noodles has no martial technique and her attacks are direct and straightforward she still holds great destructive power

...with any part of her body

El Maligno

Name: Aikon
Race: Saiyan
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Adaptable, Straight-forward and has strong personal beliefs in right and wrong, a bit of a risk taker, Loyal to his friends and never backs down (very headstrong/has great willpower), very honor bound.

History: Aikon was born to two mid-level saiyans. Neither parent was in the elite status but they were hard working and stubborn, something that must be a little genetic because such attributes would be passed onto their son. When he was born his battle power was measured and he was deemed worth of being with the upper-level warriors and became combatant candidate. He grew up fighting amongst his peers and saw little of his parents which was normal for their rank and the fact that their jobs took them off world. As he grew up he found himself working hard to improve his fighting style not just his power level. He wanted to be a powerful fighter yes but also a very efficient one thus he took extra steps in order to perfect his form and his technique. Though quite young Aikon gained the reputation for being a gifted fighter and someone to be watched as his growth was no doubt only the beginning.

However this ended up being a bad thing for him when a small group of Saiyans threatened by his power and how he rose through the ranks, waited until he was sent off world to help eliminate a population on a far away planet where they secretly followed having bribed different engineers and a scientist with access to pods. As Aikon slowly separated from the small team he was sent with he found himself on the battlefield alone with some very pissed off Saiyans and a tired body having been in combat for many days. After a bloody, and very brutal battle Aikon managed to drag himself to his pod heavily injured alone since the small team he was sent with left thinking he met his end on the battlefield. As he struggled to pull himself into his pod he could barely make out the controls on his pod and after slamming some buttons with his hand he passed out as the emergency protocol took over to keep him alive but in need of medical attention. However the next time he would wake up he found himself on a planet called URth or as he found out later Earth, where an old farmer found him crashed down in a ravine. The farmer hauled him out and took him back to his home where he cared for him for 4 days. When Aikon was well enough he asked the old man for directions and found that his pod was damaged beyond repair. Now he spends his days training himself and helping out the old man at the farm, this was his new home for now until he can think of another way off the planet. For now Aikon vowed to get stronger and to pay back the debt he owes. 

Weapons/Equipment:Battle Armor- Saiyan styled battle armor that needs some repairs before being 100 percent. Aikon has not found anyone skilled enough to replicate his people's armor.

Techniques:

Saiyan Knuckle: A move used by Saiyans, the move is charged by focusing your energy into your fist. Causes the fists to glow. Increased Base attack.

Energy Blast/Ki Blast/(Selfproclaimed:Banshee Blast)-  formed and discharged portions of ki. Depending on their usage and power of the user, these discharges can be destructive and can even cause cataclysmic damage depending on the ability and power of the person using them, ranging from mountains, cities, continents, planets. When Aikon charges his blasts to full power he calls it his Banshee Blast.

Devastation Combo- Combo attack of two techniques. Coats fist with pure energy (Saiyan Knuckle). Then, warps behind the opponent and lands a good hit right on the back of the opponent's neck. As they fly down from the increased impact, warps under them and hits with a hard knee into their stomach, and fires a one-handed Banshee Blast into their face. (done in one fast fluid motion to minimize counter-attack).

Matttheman89

Those character sheets both look fine! Now for mine!

Name: Cress
Race: Saiyan
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Gen is strong, proud, short-tempered, and aggressive. Despite these tendencies, he's not a bad sort, at least as long as you don't get on his bad side. He fights for and follows his own beliefs, rather than any preconceived notions of right and wrong, which can occasionally make it difficult to know which side he might land on during conflict. He does have a sense of honor though, and will never let a good deed towards him go unrepaid.

History: A low-level Saiyan born on the planet Vegeta, Cress was, like many Saiyan infants before him, sent out into the stars with the intention of claiming a planet for the Planet Trade Organization, which so happened to be the planet Earth. Arriving successfully, Cress spent the first few years of his life living alone in the wilderness, little more than a wild child. The only constant in his life was his Saiyan Space Pod, which served as his shelter and teacher, relaying information of his mission to his young and primitive mind through the computer on board. Cress could only understand so much though, and thus accomplished little of his mission due to his young age.

Eventually, Cress was found wandering lost and alone in the mountains by a married couple on a hike, and taken into their care. While he was a rowdy, unruly youngling, they loved and cared for him all the same, and in time Gen grew to love them too. This created conflict within the young Saiyan; his mission was to destroy the planet's population and civilization, but could he really do that if it meant doing so to those who had shown him such kindness? What was he to do? Follow his mission and imprinted programing from his Space Pod's computer, or follow his feelings?

As this created further and further conflict within him, his adoptive father noticed this, and as a way to provide him an outlet for this anger and energy, began to teach him how to fight. A capable martial artist in his own right, the lessons were partially successful, as Cress took to them well, quickly learning everything his father had to teach him and more. Yet rather than quieting his spirit, it only instilled within him the Saiyan-like need to grow stronger. His training soon allowed him to surpass his adopted father, and as he had no more to teach him, bid him to journey out into the world, in the hopes of finding the answers he sought.

So now Cress travels the world, searching for ways to test and increase his strength as well as figure out his purpose as a Saiyan.

Weapons/Equipment: Saiyan Space Pod: The very Space Pod that brought him to Earth. Cress keeps it in a Capsule from Capsule Corporation so that he can bring it with him wherever he goes.

Techniques:

Big Bang Crash
A red sphere of energy fired from the hand, creating a large explosion on impact.

Power Orb
Cress engulfes an opponent in an energy orb before making it explode on itself

...I know I said I only wanted one male saiyan, but...well...I hope people don't mind if I use some GM priviledge with my character.  ::)

El Maligno

No one is gonna blame you just say you're the exception for plot purposes! ;D

Sasquatch421

Matttheman89

You're more than welcome to join us! What kind of character do you have in mind?

Drowdeviant

Hmm to go majin or snag the only female saiyan spot. Decisions decisions. ;)

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

pdragon

Name: Fon-Du
Race: Human
Sexuality: bisexual
Personality: Fon is energetic, eccentric, and easily excitable. She has an undeniably strange aura to her, and at times she seems to run on a completely different set of logic from everyone else. However while strange, she's also quite shrewd and crafty, leaving some to question whether her odder quirks are an intentional facade to put others off guard. Even so she's mostly harmless and quite carefree and friendly unless pushed into being serious. She believes in constantly pushing herself forward and improving her style, for both herself and the honor of her school.

History: As a baby Fon-Du was given up by her original parents and left to be raised at the Windmill monastery outside west city. This monastery was also well known school for martial arts, teaching a unique method of fighting known as the Spiral Stance, and so in addition to her regular teachings and tutoring Fon-Du grew up learning how to fight as well, the master seeing it as a good way to teach her discipline. While she took to the physical training like a fish to water, they found the "discipline" aspect much harder to drill into her head, the girl always following her whims like the wind no matter how much they tried to calm her. Seeing that she didn't quite fit in among the other martial arts students, and that it might be better for her to learn to interact with other youngsters her own age, Fon-Du was sent to start attending public school in the city at the start of middle school, and continues to attend up through her senior year of highschool. Though even there she doesn't completely fit in, her odd personality no less strange in a classroom than it was in the dojo, and her love of fighting and lack of interest in most feminine activities alienating her from other girls her age, the few friends she has mostly consisting of boys.

Weapons/Equipment: weighted straps around her arms and ankles
Techniques: Fon-Du is trained in a style of martial arts known as "Spiral Stance", which uses ki as well as the body's natural points of rotation to enhance the impact of attacks with centrifugal force.

Spin Bullet
Spins an object in the user's hands using their ki (the more spherical the better) and the fires it at the target like a speeding bullet, the rotation adding significantly higher velocity and force

Rotation
Fon-Du rapidly spins around on her heels while releasing ki from her hands, creating a spiraling dome of energy that can both deflect attacks and damage enemies if they get caught in it's range.

Izuna Drop
A grappling attack where Fon-Du launches an opponent into the air, then grabs onto them from behind and drives them spinning head first back into the ground

Request Thread

Matttheman89

Quote from: Drowdeviant on June 25, 2018, 11:47:55 AM
Hmm to go majin or snag the only female saiyan spot. Decisions decisions. ;)

If you really can't decide, you can always make both. I don't have a problem with people doubling as long as they're sure they can handle it.

All characters submitted are approved so far! :D

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Matttheman89 on June 25, 2018, 01:07:34 PM
If you really can't decide, you can always make both. I don't have a problem with people doubling as long as they're sure they can handle it.

All characters submitted are approved so far! :D

mmm ~ <3

Stop tempting me with such options! xD

I might just go with a majin actually. True they don't get the zenkai boost but they are very viable in every other way...also this band of misfits needs a Brock I feel...just don't ask where all the food is coming from. ;)
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time