News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Ranma 1/2 RP [UN]

Started by Kai, July 13, 2008, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galatea88

i agree Kodachi is horrible. The Black Rose, my ass. I love how both Kuno siblings have a self-imposed nickname though. Kuno is "Blue Thunder", which doesn't even make sense....
I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

Kai

Anywho. If you guys are interested, name your character. I'll take whoever's left.

MadPanda

Noooo, I don't want to play the Black Rose.
I did, however, have an eeeeevil idea on my commute home.  I'll PM you about it tonight...

It's very Ranma-esque, I think.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Well maybe Ranma, Ryoga and Mousse could all compete with the girls as the prize; whoever is able to pleasure the girls best, gets the girl they choose. So for all they know, Shampoo could end up with Ryoga or some odd pairing like that. Maybe the other two girls could get cursed (Akane and Ukyo) or something, too, to make things more crazy. I would prefer being Ranma just because I like his personality best (even if he gets on my nerves sometimes, like they all do, with Ukyo as the exception...)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Galatea88

Well, I'm up for Akane (I can't remember if she was claimed already) as she is very akin to myself and I like her.
I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

MadPanda

Idea submitted to Kai.  So long's we have an Ukyo, this should work... (evil panda laugh ensues)

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

You know what really bugged me all throughout the series was that everyone was so damn modest, Ranma would never just take Shampoo when she was flinging her naked self at him in the bath, what the hell is that? Macho man or not, he could have broke off a little somethin' somethin' with her and then been done with it. I mean, for all we know Shampoo might have hated him afterwards and wouldn't be bugging him anymore.

Should we start organizing who's who and possible plots we could use?

I think it goes something like this:
Mathim-Ranma
Galatea88-Akane
Kai-Ukyo and possibly Ryoga

So unless we all want to start over and draw straws for who gets to be who, let's keep going and get more characters in.

Anyone like my idea a few posts back? I had this other idea, for an erotic fic I doubt I'll ever get around to writing, where Ranma holds a contest on the beach for all the girls who want to marry him. It included a cooking contest, swimsuit/beauty contest, battle contest, and ended with a contest of who could please him the best.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MadPanda

Remember that Shampoo was more or less trying to kill him for a few weeks...and her pursuit of him as husband has bugger all to do with liking him.  He's her husband by Amazon law, whether he likes it or not (and whether she likes it or not).  That's sort of the point of the exercise.

Ranma's modesty may have been more survival instinct than anything else.  Plus odds are that Genma made sure to keep him innocent as all heck ('sex ed is a distraction from the Art!').

Most importantly, frustration is funnier than satisfaction, and Ranma 1/2 is a comedy.  :)

Update--other things that may keep Ranma from misbehaving in canon!  Nabiki and her camera.  Never forget the Ice Queen and her camera.  It's bad enough when he gets jerked around for stuff he didn't do.  Imagine what she'd do if she had actual goods on him!

In Memory of Bishrook

Kai

Well, I never said I'd be Ukyo. But it doesn't matter. Still... if only we had a Shampoo. Then things would be pretty complete I guess.

MadPanda

Kai likes my idea.  (more evil panda laughter)

We can probably do without one of the usual suspects...either Ukyo or Shampoo could be dropped, just to keep the potential 'kaboom' manageable.  :)

Just a suggestion, O Kai.

In Memory of Bishrook

Kai

Nevermind Shampoo then. Perfecting the way she speaks would be difficult and would take some time anyway.

MadPanda

She can always show up later...

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Well I figure there's three main guys and three main girls, so if we drop Shampoo we can drop Mousse. Things will be less competitive and more fun with just Ranma, Ryoga, Akane and Ukyo.

MadPanda

Who's playing Ryoga?  I have something else up my sleeve...

In Memory of Bishrook

Kai

I would cover Ryouga and Ukyo. Unless you wanted to. But Mathim, MP had an idea involving another female that isn't seen as often...

MadPanda

Err, Kai?  That's because she's not a canon character.  She's one of mine, although she was written for a Ranma style game in the first place...

In Memory of Bishrook

Kai

o.O Exactly... Sorry. My mind's all over. I need to pay more attention. Mind you, I haven't read Ranma for almost 2 years....

MadPanda

That's okay.  :)  I suggested her precisely because she fits so very well!  So Akane, Ranma, Ukyo...and a special guest star, who will be introduced in due time.  :P

In Memory of Bishrook

Galatea88

Oh, ummm, just throwing this out here, but....Ryouga has a thing for Akane, too. Does she even reciprocate it? Do we want to tweak it and make her?

Mathim

Well if I was Ranma, I'd be like, "Ryoga, you can have that pain-in-the-butt, un-cute Akane, and I'll take Ukyo. Deal?" Maybe that can be the attitude, like Akane and Ranma have had a big fight or something.

Panda, I'd like to hear this idea, maybe you could post it in the thread? And if you have a made-up character, I do hope there's a picture and not just a description or it might be hard to imagine.

MadPanda

I was hoping to keep the surprise for in-game.   :)   And, alas, I don't have a picture...but I have a pretty decent description.

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

I don't think it's a good idea to keep it a secret like that until the RP starts. If someone doesn't like it, we have time to change it so it pleases everybody, you know? And the sooner we hear a description of that character, the better a chance we'll have of being able to picture her by the time the RP starts.

Kai

It's alright. Let MP keep it a surprise.

The Ryouga/Akane thing is a yes. Everyone's ideas work for me. I'm in a hurry, plus I don't really feel like starting it, so if anyone else could, honestly, I think it's best for Ranma to get things going. It just doesn't make sense for Ukyo too. We'll use the Beach Competition as a set-up, so since it's your idea Mathim, if you don't mind, please?

MadPanda

Given that what I have in mind spreads the love around to all concerned, I think the secret's going to be plenty safe.  :)  A beach competition forces me to adjust matters slightly, but no harm...(and the compromise is a fair one).

All I really need is for Ranma, Akane, and Ukyo to end up in the same place at the same time at a reasonably quiet moment.  The Tendo family home would be ideal, but Ucchan's would work well enough.

P-chan's on his own.

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Okay, I'm hearing the beach competition and I'm hearing Tendo Dojo/Okonomiyaki Ucchan's, and I can't even tell if Galatea is still interested in being Akane/anyone at all if Kai is going to be Ukyo. Wait until we've established this and we'll see what everyone agrees on, like I suggested before. Besides, we haven't discussed or agreed on where this is going to be placed, where should it be?