mythical - mystical fantasy medievil type world (closed)

Started by TaurusBeresford, July 07, 2012, 03:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaurusBeresford

The golden colored anthro fox was named Kratine, and she was born in the royal family in the kingdom of Krultos. Before she was born her father, Sypron, had ruled for hundreds of years trying to be a just and true king. In those times, the land prospered and people were happy, but in the last few years before Kratine was born, things weren't going so great. There were some great battles with the neighboring kingdoms; some of them were over the kings of the lands trying to win for their sons the hand in marriage of (name pending), Sypron's first daughter and sister to Kratine. (Name pending) was greatly sought after by the princes of the other kingdoms, and she knew it all too well. (Name pending) had ideas of her own, she was after greater power, and as such started many plots to undermine the negotiations with the kings of the other kingdoms.  She was also involved in a scheme to cause her father's premature death by magickal means, and she succeeded; however, Sypron had stumbled upon the ritual and was able to perform a small counter spell after ordering the arrest of his daughter and her conspirators. Kratine, being a young kit at the time, was of no threat to her sister; in fact, (name pending) had plans for her after their father was dead. Sypron was not unaffected by the death spell; he was dying, but the counter spell kept it from being a quick death.  In the mean time, before his death, he was able to conduct a banishing spell, and he banished (name pending) to the rift void so that she wouldn't be a problem after he named Kratine his successor.  Sypron died a couple months later, leaving Kratine to rule the land with a trusted advisor until she was capable of ruling the land around the castle of her own accord.

Kratine, had been ruling the land for over a hundred years now, and she was a just and true queen. The kingdom prospered and the people were happy. The fields were lush with grain, the tavern was booming, and the market was profitable. Odd things were beginning to happen though of late; the dark elves of the forest were becoming restless, and the sea seemed to be churning exceptionally strong creating lots of storms. Kratine couldn't explain any of it, but it seemed as though an evil magick was afoot. A few days ago there was an explosion near the tavern and it was now missing most of the roof and part of one wall. Random events were happening all over the castle, and reports were streaming in of vandalism and theft. Despite ordering extra guards and extra patrols, they were unable to find any perpetrators.  Unbeknownst to her, (name pending) had found a way to make contact, and was preparing a major campaign against Kratine planing to overtake her 'rightful place.'

I won't claim to be GM material, and to be honest, I'd rather just play characters in a story already in progress.  I searched through many of the requests, and all of the large group games; i found one that might have worked for me, but it seems to have died out having no posts since 2008. I want a world where magick is practiced openly, yet not a main purpose for the people. All classes and races are welcome, and it should be a freeform rp based upon saving (or destroying) the kingdom of Krultos.  If you can come up with a plausible explaination for how a creature was created, you are welcome to create any from mythology; however, it might be detrimental to create some sort of monstrously huge creature that overpowers the capability of the kingdom to defend.  All manor of role play is encouraged as well, whether it's combat, general commerce, or sexual situations. I do not approve of god-moding, and it is strongly discouraged. Characters can get damaged or even killed; however, it should be up to the character's player (pm discussion encouraged) to decide whether or how a hit is taken, and whether it will kill them or not. I'm not opposed to a dice role system; however, i've no experience using it in a text based role play environment.  I will attempt to gm the world, but if anyone else wants to help with the position, I might accept the help. Also, it would work better to have another major player to play Kratine's sister and possibly someone to play her contact (or consort.)  This is just an interest thread to see how many will respond to this type of game, and want to play.

Queen's sister
Contact or consort for the queen's sister
captain of guard
tavern keeper
blacksmith
guards 1,2,3,4,5, and 6
vamps and worgs allowed

If no interest after 2 weeks, posting in non adult
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

TaurusBeresford

Kratine
131 year old female anthropomorphic fox with a golden coat and a cream colored front, with 3 tails (Player is 43)

Kratine is the queen of the land surrounding the kingdom of Krultos (basically the whole area in which game play will happen) Bisexual.

character descript and abilities: She stands about 5'10" and weighs about 220. with a mostly slim figure, she is well built; having personal trainers in her court with which to interact and train in basic melee battle techniques.
Her main offensive attacks and spells are a bit extensive:
fireball (multiple (3) or single)
magic arrows
lightning strike (from the sky)
floating stride (enables a further melee range with heftier damage but limited to one direction and only one strike at a time, can strike twice with 2
       one handed weapons but only one uses the force of the effect, tails required)
Multiple stars (ranged weapons, 2 stars per hand)
polearm (any balanced pole shaped item of medium weight)
book of spells (a family collection, can be summoned and paged, takes a turn to read)
Seduce (voice takes on a lovely tone in dual harmonics causing unaware male or female victims to be entranced with her beauty, can only be used
       when not yet in combat, anyone within melee range can be affected)
hand tridents
daggers
whirlwind (basic small tornado lasting a few minutes, requires tails)
chained mace (one handed clubing device with a chain attached and an additional weighted spur on the other end of chain)
Spear
short swords
explosive grenades
familiars (2 trained wolves, trained hawk, no special abilities),
psionic blast (uses psionic push to cause conscious beings to be unconscious for 30 seconds, 300 foot range, causes ranged damage (boulder) to
       any in melee range, requires tails)

Defensive spells:
levitation (limit of breathable air, can only levitate self in an upward direction, requires tails)
teleport (short range and two turns to cast)
psionic push (originates from her body, melee range, can be used as a shield with no other possible moves, requires tails)
weighted net
shield
plate armor
heal major wounds
faster than normal healing and can regenerate (about 2.5 so not instant, regeneration takes 2 weeks to a month depending on severity.)

Background: She succeeded her father to the throne since her older sister was banished to the rift void. She has ruled from the age of 11.

Game Limitations: site and player limitations
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

TaurusBeresford

Ruminant
20 year old male anthropomorphic bovine of mostly brown color and a little white (mostly on face)  (player is 43)

A former slave to the dark elves, is now roaming in the general direction of Krultos. has been forced labor and stablehand. Unsure of his orientation.

character descript and abilities On two legs, he stands 7'4" and weighs about 550. He is very muscular and generally large like any herdbeast would be. (basically a minotaur.) He has many battle scars as well as intensive scarring on his wrists. He is capable of fooling most anyone into thinking that he is a non-sentient regular bovine unless they inspect him closely.

Offensive: He is average proficiency with melee weapons, and limited range weapon ability other than throwing knives and darts.
Pitchfork
scythe
horns (he has enough weight to force his horn(s) to thrust completely through a normal human shape causing major damage and possibly
       incapacitate victims)
hooved hands and feet (**hurts a lot to get hit with hooves**, A blow to a joint can cause major sprains or possible breakage
        causing major pain and limited use to complete inability to use the limb, A blow to any bone structure can fracture or even break the affected
        bone)
stomp (major injuries and/or death can result from his weight on any single hoof when there is no where for the victim to move.)
horse tranquilator darts
stampede (can cause a stampede in herdbeast type animals that are near him, also capable of bull rushing victims.)
dark elf enchanted bracelets (has quite a few amazing abilities, unremovable without the correct words (barely movable on his wrists))

Defensive:
Thick hide (Inherent ability of high tolerance to pain, injury and head butts 33}:)
Leather or chain mail armor (a very accomplished blacksmith could probably make him some 'special' plate mail armor, but that would be an
        extremely hefty price and he wouldn't be able to afford it.)
dark elf enchanted bracelets

Background: Taken at age 7 by a black anthropomorphic horse, he was unwillingly morphed from a human boy into a rather scrawny anthropomorphic bovine, and forced to do hard labor on the small farm that the horse creature inhabited. He never learned the true nature of his first master's intentions believing them to be just about doing his hard work. By age 14, he had developed into a larger framed creature with above average muscle build. It was at this time that a major spellcaster battle began between the horse creature and the dark elves of Ironwood forest. Having successfully killed his first master, these elves who, after finding him hiding form the battle, placed the bracelets upon his wrists, and they trained him in the job of stablehand. He learned the names of most of the family who claimed him from the horse creatures home, but he never spoke while he was living on his second master's land; they had to name him themselves, and that is how he got the name Ruminant. If asked to spell it, he would be unable, having only learned to read and write in the small common everyday life words.

The Tail of the Tauren

TaurusBeresford

Endorel
63 year old dark elf also known as the drow(player is 43)

Last surviving son of the previous master to Ruminant. Prefers strong muscular men.

Character descript and abilities: He stands at 5'6" and weighs 135. Non descript dark elf having green and brown skin presumably an evolutionary effect to blend in with their natural forest type settings.

Offensive:
Average proficiency in melee weapons, but expert marksman.
daggers
short bows
medium bows
firestarter (capable of using the elven word for fire to cause spontaneous combustion in or on flamable materials.)
enchanting (familiar in his families traditions of enchanting weapons and armor during their crafting.)
book of enchanting (a complete record of enchants created in his family for armor and weapons)
low light vision
magic arrows

Defensive:
Floating disk
shadowmeld
teleport (up to 300ft-one turn, up to a mile-two turns, between neighboring kingdoms-3 turns, 500 miles-5 turns, can teleport by touch,
       long distance requires full concentration)
physical shield (protects against damage to the caster from melee or ranged attacks until destroyed from too much damage.)

Background: He has lived with warring tribes for most of his life, and now is no exception; the tribes were preparing for battle again. Having been raised on the family farm, he was familiar with all aspects of running one. In addition, his family was involved in blacksmith work and enchanting weaponry and armor. While having been around the smithy, he really had not learned much of the trade aside from how the enchantment process works during the creation of the item. enchanting had become his specialty in the family, learned from his mother. The family kept a boock of enchanting records in which was written over the ages the various enchantment rituals learned and performed by them; it was entrusted to his care.

The Tail of the Tauren

Crythan

Hi there!

I thought I would let you know that if this thing gets off the ground, I'd like to play the Captain of the Guards (I have a character in mind). I would also be willing to be play the Queen's sister if need be  :-) Let me know if that works for you.

I'll check back often

TaurusBeresford

Accepted providing there is further interest from at least 3 others.

The Tail of the Tauren

TaurusBeresford

The Tail of the Tauren