~Looking for a Discworld story~

Started by Blythe, April 02, 2015, 04:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

"Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question."
~The Science of Discworld (1999)

Hi all, I'm looking for someone to RP a Discworld story with me, the Discworld books being those written by Sir Terry Pratchett. I am finding since someone gave me a copy of Men at Arms and Guards Guards! that I am feeling really nostalgic for Discwold and would love someone familiar with the series to help me build a story in it. I'd like it if we could create original characters, but we could easily trade off writing the iconic characters of the setting as NPCs, depending on which we'd like to use and who we'd feel would write them better.

Sex wouldn't really be a priority in this story, although I'm not ruling it out.

My idea?

Discworld just got it's first superhero. Ideally, I'd like this set in Ankh-Morpork. I'd love to see a character spoof a big-time superhero like Superman or Batman (we could make this awesome in so many ways), and the other character would be the love interest. I was thinking the love interest might be a reporter for The Times or maybe a member of the Watch. I know, I know, this is a really vague idea, but I feel that we could build on it by brainstorming strong characters.

For stories in Discworld, I sort of follow a special golden rule called the Rule of Trope--namely, if we want the story to go in a certain direction but aren't sure if it's a good idea, if a trope matches what we want, then it can probably fit into a Discworld story, because of Narrativium.

I'm looking for some casual writing, no real stress on post length. I don't care what the gender of my fellow co-writer is, and I would be happy to play either the hero or the love interest in a MxM, MxF, or FxF pairing. Please PM me if you are interested!

Remiel

Huge Terry Pratchett fan here.  I would certainly be interested in this.

Rincewind had been told that death was just like going into the next room.  The difference was that, when you shout, "Where's my clean socks?" no-one answers.

Blythe

Awesome, I'll toss you a PM tomorrow when I'm more awake!  ;D

Callie Del Noire

I've always wanted to do a fallout of Hogsfather story myself. I had this idea on my mind.. but never got it going.