Souled! (Fantasy Role Play Interest Thread) OPEN! (15/20 TAKEN)

Started by kasper, April 30, 2012, 10:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MezzaNotte

It was a little difficult to write without Death, Life, Nightmare or Dream being finalized (though I know Rampant has written one for Dream), but here is my entry for Sleep! Pleasedon'ttearittoshreds.

Desired Position: Sleep
Name: Doromir

"And visited upon them was a comforting darkness, so enticing that naught but the rise of morning could break them from their slumber."

The night comes and goes; so too does Doromir walk the earth. Herald of the night and harbinger of the day, his presence marks the transition from the darkness to the light. At least, that's what the official job description says; the truth is often times far less glamorous.

In the beginning, he spent much of his time guiding those who wandered into his realm through the night and into the morning, granting them safe, though often lonely, passage by his mandate. As the clock turned forth from then on, he slowly came to realize that his presence was far less necessary; those under his charge had long since grown able to find their way through his kingdom themselves. Having deemed his personal attention irrelevant, therefore, Doromir turned his attention to other endeavors. He fathered Dream, and gave her free reign within his realms; he admits to those who ask that he finds her... "different" perspective helpful in distracting him from the monotony of his own work.

A calm, collected individual with an unfortunate tendency towards sloth, Doromir's laziness causes him to avoid being a major player in the underworld. Though he no longer holds such an important share in the state of affairs, he still rules the realm of the slumbering with an iron fist. Because of his carefree and generally paternal attitude towards his "job," he often finds himself in conflict with Nightmare, although one could argue that it is less because of his distaste for Nightmare's petty games and more due to Dream's somewhat unhealthy obsession. After all, what father doesn't care for his daughter? So he keeps a careful eye on the happenings within his domain.

For much the same reason, Sleep tends to disagree with his brother, Death. Because of his own nature, Doromir often thinks his brother petty and shallow; so even though it is Death who typically rules over mortality and dying, Doromir often accompanies his brother to visit those he believes deserve peace and the final rest he has to offer. For these special, unique few he makes personal house calls, and will often emerge from his domain to claim their souls once they have been brought to the dark realms and bring them back to where they can find eternal peace under his watchful eye.

Nowadays, he spends his time watching those under his care, often moving casually from place to place, unseen and unnoticed. For Doromir, the living world has always been an interesting place; he finds the awake interesting, and enjoys watching them go about their lives. As he has watched the living world change, he has found an almost admiration - others would say attraction - for Life, and has taken a fancy to visiting her when he isn't working. Their visits often sour when idle chatter reveals that he often spends much of his time stalking attractive women in the world of the living, when awake (which would be only mildly awkward) and asleep (which is mildly disconcerting).

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Ember Star

I was wondering if these "pairings" were sexual/romantic pairings? I usually only do F/F pairings unless the male is played by my boyfriend. But I am willing to do a M/F where I play the male, assuming my partner is female. Sorry. I'm a bit weird with my comfort levels.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kasper

The roles are as is. If it doesn't suit your comfort level then the game is not for you.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Ember Star

But you didn't answer my question. I know you're not gonna change the gender or anything. I would never ask you to do that. I was simply asking if they were all sexual/romantic, so I could decide from there rather I want to go for a male role, or get my boyfriend interested, or just go for it.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kasper

Yes it is romantic pairings.

Edit: Also if you were to get the role it wouldn't necessarily mean your boyfriend would get the role opposite or vice versa.

Ember Star

Okay. Thank you!  :) I am extremely interested in the concept and the characters here. However, I'm very tired tonight, so I'll look further into it when I'm more awake since there's several roles I'm interested in.

Flower

It's exciting to see all the new characters. I can't wait to write with everyone. <3

PuddingDragon

Desired Position: The Banshee
Name: Hercia (Hair-see-ah)

"Oh! Please forgive me, I did not mean to disturb you, my dear. Although... I could sing your soul into oblivion if it would please those keen ears of yours..."

Background: Hercia has never reckoned with the origins of her existence. Her song has been sung for years by now, and that is all she has ever known. Her precious silver hair has never changed, seemingly always of the perfect length and arrangement to flow beautifully from her gilded crown. That strange, intricate mark has always woven itself about her shoulder, and her flowing silken garments have always fluttered, draped across her ever perfect figure. Her beginnings exist, of course. But she doesn't dare to question them. The hierarchy of the dark world is far beyond anything she wishes to comprehend, and if it lies beyond the ferryman, she needn't know about it. Hercia is quite content with the wonders and delights of the mortal realm, all of its souls and people just waiting to hear her call.

Her mind is always set upon her passion in life, sharing her voice with the ethereal figures that litter the fringes of the dark world and beyond. Nothing gives her more joy than to look upon the faces of those she sings to, to see how her voice resonates in the very souls of those wretched enough to delight in her voice. For to the souls of the damned, her song is like a lullaby in the tumultuous darkness, guiding them to the all too capable hands of the ferryman. She sees herself as a guide, not a temptress, more of a helping hand than a waiting snare. Her intentions are benign, in her mind at least, and Hercia believes herself a guiding light in the dark. Though, she is all too knowing of where she guides her loyal listeners to, and she does not envy them in their fates.

The only thing that depresses her, except for the inevitable endings of those who respond to her call, is that of mortals and their kind. Hercia cannot sing to them, lest she tear their souls from them and be forced to sing them to their fate thereafter. In light of what she views as an unwillingness to listen to her beautiful voice, Hercia directs most of her scorn at the dwellers in the mortal realm, and is generally distrustful of them until they shed their delicate forms and ascend to her plane. However... There are those particularly fortunate mortals who escape her unwavering hatred. Or perhaps they are not so fortunate?

For Hercia has known love, or more aptly, infatuation. A beautiful little thing that sparkled like the sun dappled waters, with skin as pure as the snow. Her hair was silken, perfect. She was perfect, a delightful girl whose radiance reflected her mentality of equal brightness, and her manner of equally brilliant elation. She never saw the darkness that Hercia did, and she always looked for the good in things. These were all the qualities that Hercia would shed endless tears over as the girl lay dead in her arms. Hercia had just wanted to sing to her... To let her delight in a voice more heavenly than the angels. So why then, did the girl thrust her palms to her ears to block out the banshee's wonderful voice? Why would she scream her discordant cries of terror and disrupt Hercia's beautiful song? How could she break the banshee's heart like that? Hercia didn't pretend to understand why they wouldn't listen to her, nor why they would let their mortal forms fall away from their soul whenever they heard her chorus. She simply couldn't fathom it.

In more recent years, Hercia has grown ever more tired of her existence, her songs becoming repetitive and dull. Sometimes she visits the Ferryman, but more often than not she won't utter a word to him, as though she's afraid he might drop dead at the sound of her voice, however silly the notion. Upon these occasions, she might also make an attempt at conversation with a dearly departed soul that she's sung to its final passage. Though it takes an interesting specter, an intriguing remnant of an intriguing person to catch her eye...

Always open to any RP, so feel free to come calling if you're a member down! ^^

Ember Star

After rereading things while more awake, I'll be applying for the role of the Damned Soul. He's the only one besides Life and Banshee that my Muse is calling me towards. I'll get the sheet up in a day or two.

Karasu

I think I played soemthing like this before.. but I'm interested in Dream or Twin 2.. since I feel I could play both rather well ^^
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

kasper

DarkRose15

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

PuddingDragon

Yay, cookies! I do so hope my banshee application was good enough, I can't wait to play with you all ^_^

*Omnomnom cookies!*

Flower

kasper

I'm waiting to decide when more applications have been submitted which will be after every position has been applied for.

DarkRose15

I have a friend who might be quite interested, I'll send him the link to the thread and see if he's up to joining.

PuddingDragon

I don't actually have anything to say, but I think this thread could benefit from (or at least couldn't be harmed by) being moved to the top if the list.

DarkRose15

Octo is having a bit of a rough week, so if anyone needs any help while she's taking care of things I'll do my best. Otherwise just keep posting here and checking back  :-)

Karasu

I'm moving my status to spectator for now. my muse won't let me focus on this >.<

Flower

Thank you for letting us know. I am sure you will enjoy reading the story when it begins. There is always time to change your mind before then.

Karasu

I will definatly say so if it does. But I was in the last one and had problems even then so I think it's just my muse being bitchy.

Rel Mayer

Desired Position:Life
Name: Tansy
Background: For Tansy there was no beginning or end. Her raison d'etre was given to her so long ago, she could hardly remember what she did beforehand. For her, there was no past, no future, only the present. For what does the future matter if it's eternity? Maybe it was because of her lack of enthusiasm for the future it made her perfect guardian of those who had such little time compared to her. She may not admit it to anyone else, but she truly cares about the people in the living realm. That is what made her perfect for her reason of being.

Tansy has a caring personality towards most people she encounters, unfortunately she mostly has to deal with people misbehaving in the underworld realm, and that causes her to be seen in a bitchy light. To make matters worse someone always seems to be causing some trouble. So, when she has the time to sit and rest people get to see her true sweet and pleasant nature. But don't let that fool you, if you cross Tansy or catch her on a bad day be prepared to feel her wrath. It's rumored to be a terrifying bitchy experience.

Then there are other times where she's so exhausted from preventing mass chaos that she's found sleeping somewhere randomly. Curled up on something soft and clean in the underworld, limbo, or the living realm. Like clockwork, whenever she seems to doze off on the job, Sleep seems to visit her and cause some mischief himself...but no one has ever heard Tansy complain about it.

DarkRose15

Quote from: Dancing flower on June 02, 2012, 04:25:10 PM
Thank you for letting us know. I am sure you will enjoy reading the story when it begins. There is always time to change your mind before then.
You and I can look after the thread together :D

Flower

-giggles-

More than likely it will be you. I just happened to be online. ;)