Baron Wyrmhaven's Academic Institute for Seductive Demons (Need 2 More Players!)

Started by Capone, April 11, 2017, 09:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

Capone

I was a dumb dumb and forgot to add the character sheet to the first post. I also added some information regarding Earthly status of most demons.

Capone

Also: your revised character sheets have been approved, Jane.

WHOO!

Sephiriel

WHOO back!

Taking the opportunity to bump for more interest. Come on people, demon college scholarly extravaganza! What's not to like?
On the same note, perhaps allowing human characters from the get-go will bring more players. They could be part of the Academy as willing test-subjects or something. Or part of the official student-teacher trips on Earth as "touristic attractions". Just a suggestion, if interest doesn't rise in the next week. 

Bibliophilia

I'm betting the low interest is due to the holiday.  We just gotta be patient.

Capone

So here's some conceptual courses and their respective levels for students to be taking. When I can come up with my faculty's character sheet, I'll list out his courses as well. His will be the ones that focus on concealing one's demonic features, illusions, and hypnotism. Many of these courses cover the differences of human cultures across the entire world, so each can take a full year to cover all material in-depth.

In regards to other subjects students can be looking forward to or faculty may be able to take up:

Introduction to Human Courtship - 100 Level
Human Females: Pheromones, Psychology, and Cultures - 200 Level
Human Males: Pheromones, Psychology, and Cultures - 200 Level
Longevity of Human Relationships - 300 Level
Understanding the Human Family - 400 Level

Introduction to the Human Diet - 100 Level
Simulating Human Consumption Preferences - 100 Level
The Science of Human Cooking - 200 Level
From Five Star to Fast Food: Mastering Human Gastronomy - 300 Level

History of Human Competition - 100 Level
History of Human Warfare - 100 Level
Popular Human Sports - 200 Level
The Psychology of Sports Fanaticism - 200 Level
Basic Human Martial Arts - 200 Level
Basic Human Weaponry - 200 Level
Advanced Human Martial Arts - 300 Level
Advanced Human Weaponry - 300 Level
Becoming a Human Athlete - 300 Level
Human Military the World Over - 400 Level

Understanding Human Linguistics - 100 Level
Intro to (Language) - 200 Level
Advanced (Language) - 300 Level
Speaking (Language) Like a Native Human - 400 Level

Introduction to the Demon Diet - 100 Level
Controlling Your Sustenance - 200 Level
Theories of Alternative Sustenance Sources - 300 Level
Theories on Improving Potency of Human Sustenance - 300 Level

A History of Pagan Cults - 100 Level
How Humans Perceive Demons - 100 Level
Psychology of Occultists and Magicians - 200 Level
Leading a Human Cult - 300 Level

History of Human and Demon Art - 100 Level
What Inspires Human Artists - 100 Level
Understanding Human Craftsmanship and Pride - 100 Level
Introduction to Stonework and Masonry - 200 Level
Introduction to Carpentry - 200 Level
Introduction to Tailoring - 200 Level
Introduction to Paints and Colors - 200 Level
Introduction to Modern Entertainment Art - 200 Level
Introduction to Human Performance - 200 Level
Advanced (Art Skill) - 300 Level
Mastering (Art Skill) - 400 Level

Fitness Program: Weight Lifting
Fitness Program: Speed Training
Fitness Program: Hand-to-Hand Combat
Fitness Program: Modern Human Dance
Fitness Program: Advanced Human Dance
Fitness Program: Erotic Dance
Fitness Program: Human Yoga
Fitness Program: Mental and Physical Health Benefits in Sexual Rituals
Fitness Program: Human Sports
Fitness Program: Aqua Competition

That's about all I can think of for now. Most students will be taking 100 level courses at the start, though some will be able to take 200 level. Fitness Programs are available to any student with an interest. I'll leave it to players to help contribute to individual clubs/organizations. And of course, if anyone else has ideas of their own, feel free to put forth.

Sephiriel

These are great. Most of them should be taught in a human academy too *snickers*

Capone

College would have been a much more pleasant experience if it had a Mental and Physical Health Benefits of Sexual Rituals course to take.

Capone

Alright, here are my other two characters. I'll probably be coming up with a sheet for the Dean as well in the near future, though I don't plan on him hanging around too much.

Name: Phenex Starflight
Philosophy: Integration
Clan Skill: Artisan
Clan Family: Scholar
Clan Hierarchy: Upper-Middle

Demonic Traits: Elongated ears, whip-like spade tail, wings (wingspan of .5x his height), wavering hair follicles

Physique: Phenex is generally more human in appearance than others of his species. His elongated ears resemble those of an elf, and his spade tail is thin and manipulated with great finesse. While he is handsome by human standards, his rather average appearance makes him seem downright homely to many demons. His hair is kept short, dark at the roots but bright and blonde towards its ends. His hair appears to waver like smouldering flames. He has an average build and height of 5'9", some muscle but not too much. Hair seems incapable of growing upon his face.

Bio: Phenex spent most of his life in the human world. His mother is one of the higher ranking scholars studying human culture and advancement, keeping her on the surface for longer than most demons are usually permitted. This is the only way she could manage time spent with her child while continuing her work. However, this still left her away from Phenex for weeks at a time. As he grew into his "teens", he began to develop a great curiosity in the world beyond. Breaking out, he fled into the city in time to discover a comics convention, where many at first believed him to be in costume. He discovered the human art of sequential story-telling -- or comics -- but also began to freak members of the public out. Finally, his mother and her team had to conduct a mass amnesia treatment, after which Phenex had to be sent back to the underworld for disciplinary action.

Due to growing up away from other demons, he hasn't quite absorbed how to relate with them or how their hierarchies operate. Instead, he has developed a great love of human culture and particularly comics, which his mom continued to -- and still continues to -- deliver to him for his entertainment and education. He seeks to return to Earth one day and become a comic artist himself. As such, he follows his mother's beliefs of integration quite closely.

His own knowledge of humanity is limited, however, and he has a tendency to get even basic information wrong.

Name: Nigel Forktongue
Philosophy: Subjugation
Clan Skill: Muse
Clan Family: Aristocrat. Exiled originally, but brought back in over time
Clan Hierarchy: Upper

Demonic Traits: Horns (3), spinal quills, forked tongue, wings (wingspan equal to height)

Physique: A slender man standing at 6'5", Nigel is simultaneously imposing and inspiring, and even welcoming. His smile is wide and always seems sincere with glittering ivory teeth. The three horns on his head are dark and seem to flow down towards his shoulders with his hair. It would look like he has a shallow mane of hair running down his spine, but it is actually fine quills that travel down, prickly to touch. He has tan skin with thin wings, also dark in color that he often keeps wrapped about him like a cloak. His voice is soothing with long fingers that carry a chill touch.

Bio: It took some time for Nigel's family to realize he was a Muse. At first they thought him simply an unambitious and poor Aristocrat, without any abilities they could perceive as useful. It was a cousin in his house that, through careful observation, became aware of his persuasive technique as a muse. A philosopher, speaker, and thinker, Nigel's talents were in persuasion, often through charismatic speeches and interaction. He could capture a crowd or ensnare through personal contact.

For this reason Nigel was brought back into the fold as a useful tool. After using him to make negotiations between houses and clans, they believed he'd be most useful in the institute. It is there where he tries to do his best to persuade students to see things as the Subjugators see them, though without doing so directly.

Nigel himself believes he is meant for better things, but also understands the long game. It is his hope to one day become Dean of the Institute, allowing his house full control of the academics and therefore future of Demons.

Rel Mayer

Tentative interest. Just depends on if I have enough time!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)

Bibliophilia

Name: Sidonai
Philosophy: Subjugation
Clan Skill: Muse
Clan Family: Artists
Clan Hierarchy: Upper

Demonic Traits: Horns(2), feline tail, prehensile tongue,  wings (wingspan 1.5x height)

Physique: Donai stands 5'11" barefoot, with a slender physique and bird-like bones that make her surprisingly light for her height.  Pale horns extend back from the crown of her head, following the curve of her skull relatively closely to come to a point at the nape of her neck.  From the center of her back, between her shoulder blades, extend a large pair of black feathered wings, their construct allowing them to fold quite tightly against her back despite their impressive size when spread.  At the base of her spine, just above her shapely ass, the velvet peach fuzz on her skin darkens and thickens to a soft, luxurious fur that covers a four foot, cat-like tail the same plummy red as her hair.  The tail moves as if it has a mind of its own, and is nearly as dexterous as the long, pointed tongue which occasionally flicks through her full, crimson lips.

Bio: From the moment of her birth, Sidonai was doted upon by her loving father, which she came to view as the sort of treatment she was entitled.  Anything she asked for was given to her, rarely did much time go by without her being reminded of how lovely she was, and on those few occasions when she was thwarted, all it took was a pout and a whimper for her to get her way.  Well, in all things other than the human world.  Her father, of course, could not grant her desire to travel there, which meant that any requests inevitably led to temper tantrums and, of course, presents enough to distract her and appease her for a time.

Someday, he always said, someday she would finally be able to go to the human world and they wouldn't know what hit them.  Her father was an artist, a quite famous photographer and painter in the human world, but he knew his daughter would be far greater than he ever could be.  He believed she would be the one to finally bring the humans to heel and lead the demons to their rightful place, ruling over humanity without need to skulk in the shadows.  He often told her how beautiful and entrancing she was, that she would draw in humans by the hundreds, even thousands, and make them her devoted slaves.  She quite liked the sound of that.

As she grew older and began to grow into her powers, she plotted how she would create a cult following on earth, draw in the most influential humans first and use them to reach even more.  But, she realized she needed school to teach her how to blend in, at first, to lure the humans into a sense of security, to make them love her.  Sometimes, when she was enjoying herself with another demon, she would imagine all those delicious humans at her command, a feast for the taking, whenever she wished.  She is determined to learn everything she can in school, to develop her powers until they are irresistible, and then see her dream of having all of humanity at her beck and call realized.

Capone

Oooh, I'd say she's gonna have a hard time making friends, but then perhaps she relies more on her standing than anything else.

Hrm...

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 18, 2017, 06:39:54 AM
Tentative interest. Just depends on if I have enough time!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)

The way things are currently going, you at least have plenty of time to decide. :P

Bibliophilia

Do you mean Donai?  -giggles.-  She's definitely a mean girl.  Total bratty princess-type.  Those types always have friends, even if they're just NPCs.  I mean, we're playing demons, here...

Capone

Added a "Need Male Characters" note since that's where we really seem to be hurting, though if Rel isn't able to partake then we'll need at least one more female player as well.

If this doesn't have enough interest by next Saturday I think I'll store it in a box and shelve it for the time being.

Capone

I'm gonna bump things up to closing tomorrow morning if there's no additional interest today. Doesn't mean I won't be up for reviving it later down the line, though.

LordLuck

I am interested, will take my time to day to submit a character sheet for a male fiend.

Just have to take some time to read through your idea, Capone. Don't give up on the dream just yet. :)
Mourning.

Sephiriel

LordLuck

Name: Bauldros Thunderhead
Philosophy: Apathetic (family is Subjulgation)
Clan Skill: Artisan
Clan Family: Artisan
Clan Hierarchy: Middle

Demonic Traits: horns (2), curling over his heads ram-like, crocodile-eyes with double lids, bat-like leathery wings.
Physique: Athletic, thin, wide-set shoulders, 6'2'' tall.

Bio: For long centuries the Thunderheads have lived as favored artisans among their daemonkin, pursuing the arts of crafting stone and metal - and perhaps even the rare shaping of wood as scarce as it becomes in the underworld. While Bauldros have been brought up self-conscious of his particular place in society, he has not really ever felt a sense of belonging to his particular clan. True, he was trained into the arts that define his family - mainly the sculpting of statues that encompass both displays of glory and awe-inspiring power, from the naked likeness of aristocrats to the pained expressions of the humans groveling under their feet.

As one consigned to living in the underworld for most of his days, Bauldros has grown bored out of his life with the sermons of his mother - herself a very-accomplished artist, cherishes by her architectural achievements in creating places of bliss. Bauldros' mother, Agnassa, has been a leading innovator on the use of wood and plants among stone: her designed gardens, both ample and small, secretive or public, were not too long ago a fever among well-to-do fiends, integrating a new style of heat-resistant flora, fountains, and sculpted handrails being now spoke about as 'Nassetic'-style: heavily ornamented but without the usual features of human bones or other 'tasteless' decorations so favored by the older clans. Bauldros himself is an uninspired artist - his work more one of masterful technique than breath-taking inspiration. His family, as well as himself, usually show themselves in the position of Subjulgators - as Traditionalists before many other Subjulgator families, their patrons and contractors - than actually any real desire of imposing Daemonkind over Mankind. Bauldros himself is curious and prone enough to listen - a quiet and reserved individual except on matters that hold his interest - he actually understands the logic behind the Integrator Philosophy given that Daemons cannot breed true with one another, their dependence and even reliance on Man suggesting that a better way of living within the human societies being the more 'natural' way of living.

He is bored out of his life right now - not actually depressed, but doubtlessly melancholic. His art has become job and work alone, rather than another way to achieve pleasure - and that has started to grind at his relationship with his closer family and associates. He is curious about the human world more out of a desire to fight off his melancholy than an actual interest in the humans themselves. The environment of the Academy does call his interest, and slowly it might inspire him to a new impression on the daemon nature and conditions - as, say, how he watches the succubi jogging at the fitness programs and elsewhere... He is a curious dilettante on Human History and of its interactions with fiends mostly as a source of inspiration - or where he might find it again.
Mourning.

Bibliophilia

Capone

Oooh, that's a good character sheet. I'm diggin' the vibe.

If we can get two more players/characters, one playing an Incubus and one playing a Succubus, we should be good to go. Maybe I'll extend it another day or two then.

If this does not work out, I'll keep you in mind for future ideas, LordLuck. That's a good character sheet.

...heh... "Bauldros" reads like "bulge-ros". Hehehe...

Bibliophilia

LordLuck

Quote from: Capone on April 27, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
Oooh, that's a good character sheet. I'm diggin' the vibe.

If we can get two more players/characters, one playing an Incubus and one playing a Succubus, we should be good to go. Maybe I'll extend it another day or two then.

If this does not work out, I'll keep you in mind for future ideas, LordLuck. That's a good character sheet.

...heh... "Bauldros" reads like "bulge-ros". Hehehe...

Oh, thanks! You flatter me.

The faceclaim is alluring, isn't he? I gotta say this character made itself up just as I found the image - I really had little idea on how to make a distinct, unique character. Glad he's appreciated! :) I have a good feel for this whole game.

Aaaand welcome to the 5th grade, ya'll! Which is nice, I love that sort of boyish humor. *winks*
Mourning.

Bibliophilia

Capone

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 27, 2017, 07:18:19 PM
Guy McManGroin

Hrmm....

Guy McGirdloin has a bit of a better ring to it.

Makes a note for potential professor names...