Wheel of Time ~ Centered on the White Tower & Tar Valon (Now Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, August 13, 2015, 08:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

• Focused on story; scheming, rivalries, relationships. Smut may happen but is definitely not a strong point.
  • Centered around Tar Valon and the White Tower, so that the group isn't too scattered
  • All original characters, no canons
  • in 990 NE. That's a little less than a decade before Rand is found
  • This would be AU, all the information about the past would be accurate, but we would write the story from this point on.
  • Position available: Amyrlin, council, Sister of any of the 7 Ajah (black available too, but Shhh...), Accepted, Novice. Gaidin,  Tower guard, Trainee, City Guard, other White Tower staff.
  • If there's enough request, Tar Valon might open for non-tower characters
  • Talents *might* be available, but they should be rare and often weak
  • Systemless. We're all adults, we can work it out without dices and a list of available weaves.
  • Sandbox, with events (participation to events optional, but they may still affect your character)
  • Will put a limit on gay/bisexual female character played by Lords proportional to the number of characters available.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

RampantDesires

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

VioletPanda

Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cynadea

Sindra

I would be very interested in playing a Gaidin.  Personally, I am quite happy for the timeline you're working with as I only read a handful of the books. 

Belisuavious

Cynadea

Yay!

I'll put together some information regarding the setting, so that it's possible for people who don't really know much about the books may still be able to join.

I'll definitely play Aes Sedai. I play pretty much any Ajah but the white or the red. I can't relate with these two.

VioletPanda

Quote from: Aysande on August 13, 2015, 11:05:36 PM
What makes you hesitant?

I've seen a lot of group games I join fizzle and die and I'd hate to get into this group and then have it die too.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cerigo

Placing a tentative flag as well.

Saldaea Warder Represent! Proud exporter of Forward Farmgirls and dances with scarves.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

Cynadea

I could use some help designing the male half of the tower, any volunteers?

VioletPanda

Saldaea for the win,  hell yeah!  - Novice might be is from there-

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Krayz

I would definitely be interested in playing the role of a Warder or one of their students, maybe becoming a Warder during the events of the story. If someone were interested in playing Black Ajah, they could PM me if they were interested in having a bonded Darkfriend ^_^

Cynadea

They don't have to be both dark ;)

We'll need some Aes Sedai, it seems.

Sindra

As the balance seems to be in favor of the Gaidin's, I am happy to switch over to playing an Aes Sedai.  My preferences for that would be for Green, Blue, Black or Yellow Ajah.

Cynadea

I've put this together yesterday. If you pick up on something that isn't accurate please let me know. Just keep in mind that this, in the timeline, is before Rand is discovered, so things such as gateways or healing stilling haven't been discovered. It's still a work in progress, but the character sheet is there if you want to start working on it. :)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=234779.0

Moraline

Hello Aysande, the WoT epic is my favorite fantasy series of all time. I'm interested in the game but can you tell me what posting frequency expectations would be like for this game? I strongly prefer faster moving games with multiple posts per week or are we able to pair off with people and post at our own rates?

Note:
I'm interested in playing either an Accepted or an Aes Sadai. I sort of like the idea of being an Accepted and taking the test right in the beginning.

Cynadea

Posting frequency expectations is pretty much up to the players and their partners, but for people in key position. The Amyrlin/keeper/mistresses/masters will have to be prompt with their answers so that the "young" ones aren't eternally stuck in their training positions.

I am like you though, I prefer faster moving games, so I am hoping that it will lean in that direction.

Moraline

I could potentially play two characters if that's alright with you?

Do you need/want someone to play the role of Tamra Ospenya , The Amyrlin Seat? I'm pretty familiar with the setting and all the major characters(if needed) as I've read the books a few times. I even had an RP long ago where I played the role of a young Tamra. It would be fun to scheme with you. ((Scratch that, I just noticed the date, the Amyrlin is Siuan Sanche by the date of 990 NE.))

I also forgot to ask if you wanted us to submit characters here or via PM?

EDIT:

Think I found the answer to the question.

Quote from: Aysande on August 15, 2015, 03:36:57 AM
The requirements for each is between parenthesis, remove it and replace it with the information about your character. When done, please send it to the GM.  There is currently no maximum on the amount of character per player, but please make sure that you have time for them before writing them up.

Cynadea

Yup that's the answer to your questions :)

And as for the Amyrlin, we're going full original no canon character. If you want to call dibs on the seat, I'll keep it for you.

Moraline

Sure, I'll take the Amyrlin Seat.  *wonders what I've gotten myself into.. starts to see Black Ajah in every shadow*

Krayz

So, I've decided to make a Valdar, a Warder-in-training. I'm trying to decide if I want him to have passed his final test and be ready for bonding, or if I want to actually roleplay the test itself (for those who haven't read, the test is tricking the Valdar into believing an Aes Sedai's life is in danger, and seeing if he is willing to sacrifice his own to save her). If I go with the latter option, I'll need some help in actually making it happen, either from PCs or NPCs, so I wanted to ask who might want to be involved in that?

Cynadea

The Master of Arms is already in the works, and there will be at least one Green hanging around with the men to practice her muscle memory and learn new tricks, so if you go for passing the test, I am pretty sure it won't be difficult to plan. I can't talk for Cerigo, who will play the MoA, but if he doesn't or can't, I'll NPC another of the Masters for you ;)

BlackStone

Question, will we be allowing situations like the Old Blood, Dreamers, or Wolf Brothers?

Cynadea

They are very rare. So yes, there is a wolfbrother in the works already, but no old blood, or dreamers, or foretelling yet. There shouldn't be a ta'veren unless it comes with a heavy plot to justify it, though.

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os