The Time Turner [closed thread]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 12, 2015, 10:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

We all know that we have several fantastically run Harry Potter games running on E.  But I want to do something a bit different than the ones we have right now.  I want to do an extremely LGBTQA friendly, Sandbox, ten years in the future game, where we have the same characters, but we're not required to go by J.K Rowling's established canon future.  So everything after the war would be up to us to make up.  I want something simple and fun, that's carried by the players plotting together to create something great, rather than me pushing everything forward myself.   The cast would be around 27+, so they've matured a bit, maybe settled down with the careers they want/or haven't found what they really want to do yet.  I don't care about things being realistic, sexuality wise.  I want to see some gay, straight, trans, asexual characters; and I want them to be played well.  I don't care if you're the same gender as your character, and I'd expect everyone else to respect and be okay with it.  You don't have to play with the same face claims that the cast of the movies had, but at least pick a face claim that's close to the description of the characters.  For now, I only want canon characters.  Once we've gotten those out of the way, I'll accept original characters.  If you're interested in something like this, please let me know!

The other canon characters not listed are available to.  This list is just for reference, the only canon characters I really need filled, in order to allow original characters are the golden trio.

Harry Potter -Reserved
Hermoine GrangerReserved
Ronald WeaselyReserved
Draco Malfoy -Reserved
Neville Longbottom - Reserved
Pansy Parkinson - Reserved
Parvati Patil -
Padma Patil -
Luna Lovegood - Reserved
Bill Weasley
Charlie Weasley -
George Weasley
Ginny Weasley Reserved
Gregory Goyle

Sexuality: Gay
Blood status: Pureblood
Occupation:  What occupation?  He's a Malfoy, Malfoy's do important things, are busy, and don't actually sully themselves with actual jobs.  Except, okay, he poses for a few foreign wizarding magazines; nothing in Britain though, since his reputation isn't exactly what it was before the war.
Marital Status: Not Married
Children: Nope
Hobbies: Knitting, and fuck anyone who thinks that a man knitting is poncy, he dares anyone to say that to his face. 
What's he been doing since the war:  After the war, there was a lot of speculation about what would happen to him and his family.  For several years, they had to deal with the death eater trials, not knowing if they'd have to go to Azkaban, lose everything they had, or worse.  When everything was all done and said, they got off extremely lucky.  Sure his father had to go back to Azkaban for the crimes he committed, but he and his mother got off lightly, with house arrest, and paying war reparations.  It hadn't been ideal, and the isolation had been a bit jarring for a while, but in the end, they had their freedom, and were still very well off, monetary wise.

But after that stint with the house arrest, he has done absolutely fucking nothing.  Okay, so yeah, he started the modeling thing four years ago, and he took up knitting, and he may or may not have a flat on a wizarding floor of a muggle building; but other than that, he hasn't really done anything with his time. 
Personality:  Draco is no longer the spiteful little brat he was as a child, nor is he the same boy he was in his 7th year.    The years of isolation, with nobody but his mother to interact with on a day to day basis, has caused him to hate being by himself.  He likes living around a lot of people; and since he's gotten a tad bit better about his view of muggles, living among them isn't such a monumental problem; or at least it isn't as big of a problem as it once would have been.  He's still almost unbearably snotty, and he's sarcastic as hell; but he's no longer as vindictive as he once was. 

[float=left][img width=300 padding=10][/img][/float]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Blood status:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] 
[b]Marital Status:[/b]
[b]Children:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Post War Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

I am not normally a huge fan of playing cannon characters but a Lesbian Luna could be fun though, or one of the Patil sisters.....hmmm I will have to think about this.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 13, 2015, 12:06:00 AM
I am not normally a huge fan of playing cannon characters but a Lesbian Luna could be fun though, or one of the Patil sisters.....hmmm I will have to think about this.

I completely understand.  I want this game to have a good chance of filling up the canon spots first, but if I do, than I'm definitely open to originals.  But if you chose to play Luna or one of the Patil sisters, I wouldn't be adverse to it!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

I am going to write up one of the Patil sisters and use Priyanka Chopra as her faceclaim.  Hopefully there will be more interest here.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Golden Spider

Im interested and I would like to lay dibs on Harry and/or Luna I'll figure out which one exactly I want to play soon
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 13, 2015, 03:40:42 AM
I am going to write up one of the Patil sisters and use Priyanka Chopra as her faceclaim.  Hopefully there will be more interest here.

Oooh, she's gorgeous!  Also, I hope we get more interest to!

Quote from: Goldenrod666 on August 13, 2015, 04:47:57 PM
Im interested and I would like to lay dibs on Harry and/or Luna I'll figure out which one exactly I want to play soon

I'll put up a reserved list!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Cerevan

Tentative interest in Charlie Weasley. I'm a big fan of playing a grumpy, charming dragon wrangler.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Cerevan on August 13, 2015, 10:50:58 PM
Tentative interest in Charlie Weasley. I'm a big fan of playing a grumpy, charming dragon wrangler.

Oh gods, I could read a whole novel about Charlies life!  Charlie and the twins are my favorite Weasley's!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Cerevan

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 13, 2015, 10:53:10 PM
Oh gods, I could read a whole novel about Charlies life!  Charlie and the twins are my favorite Weasley's!

Right?! I love the hell out of what we see of Charlie in the novels. It makes me sad that there wasn't more of him. (Though it would allow for more headcanon room for meeeee.) >:)

undisclosedtoyou

Yes!  I mean, he was a freaking dragon tamer, a ginger, and handsome to boot!  There definitely should have been more of him. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 13, 2015, 06:28:05 PM
Oooh, she's gorgeous!  Also, I hope we get more interest to!

Well she was described as the best looking girl in her year by one of the other students, so may as well go with a former Miss World right?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 13, 2015, 11:23:53 PM
Well she was described as the best looking girl in her year by one of the other students, so may as well go with a former Miss World right?

Damn right!  Do you know which twin you want to make?  Should I open the other twin up as available, or would you rather I keep the other one a NPC, since it might be easier for you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

RedPhoenix

This keeps calling to me.

Could I make a female from the potterverse a transgirl, if it's someone who wouldn't affect the history too much changing? I'm having a hard time thinking of a canon male character I'd want to have come out as trans.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 13, 2015, 11:51:21 PM
This keeps calling to me.

Could I make a female from the potterverse a transgirl, if it's someone who wouldn't affect the history too much changing? I'm having a hard time thinking of a canon male character I'd want to have come out as trans.

You can definitely do that, yes!  Also, because it has to be said, I'd love for you to do so.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GnothiSeauton

You would do a really awesome and interesting Potter group while I'm rereading the series...

Tentatively interested here.  I'm quite drawn to Neville (slobbers at the thought of Matthew Lewis nowadays).  Not sure if I'm interested in putting a claim on him as of yet.  Going to do some thinking and come back later.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 13, 2015, 11:41:32 PM
Damn right!  Do you know which twin you want to make?  Should I open the other twin up as available, or would you rather I keep the other one a NPC, since it might be easier for you.

I am going to make Padma Patil.  I think I would rather keep the other twin as an NPC.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 14, 2015, 12:09:32 AM
You would do a really awesome and interesting Potter group while I'm rereading the series...

Tentatively interested here.  I'm quite drawn to Neville (slobbers at the thought of Matthew Lewis nowadays).  Not sure if I'm interested in putting a claim on him as of yet.  Going to do some thinking and come back later.

Gothic, you rock. Also yes, he definitely grew into his big boy pants. -grins-

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 12:12:06 AM
I am going to make Padma Patil.  I think I would rather keep the other twin as an NPC.

Completely doable!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

RedPhoenix

Yay, you rock undisclosed. :)

I'm leaning towards Pansy Parkinson at the moment. Would make her former relationship with Draco interesting, esp if he was gay the whole time. Although the whole trying to turn Harry over to Voldemort might hurt her chances of interacting socially with anyone these days....

I'm also thinking of Angelina Johnson, who could be fun if there was a very-into-it George involved. She's one of my favorite characters from the book, whereas Pansy I'd have to reinvent a lot to make more interesting.

Hmmm think think. 

Golden Spider

I really cant decide can I do both? I really want to do a Lesbian Luna. but I also dont really like the idea of what someone might do to Harry. I wont mind him gay just as long as he isnt with Draco. but I also really like the idea of Harry being with ron.. so can i double?

Cerevan

Soooooooo...if we flutter our eyelashes really hard and everything, can we get intensely pretty pictures like the one you made for Draco...?

Also putting down a tentative face claim of Sam Heughan for Charlie Weasley.

GnothiSeauton

A random question...  But is this going to be in, like, a set setting (i.e., a sort of Class Reunion of sorts), or is it just going to be totally open everywhere in the world?
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

undisclosedtoyou

Woo, so I'm back from work, so let me read through everything.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 14, 2015, 12:32:26 AM
Yay, you rock undisclosed. :)

I'm leaning towards Pansy Parkinson at the moment. Would make her former relationship with Draco interesting, esp if he was gay the whole time. Although the whole trying to turn Harry over to Voldemort might hurt her chances of interacting socially with anyone these days....

I'm also thinking of Angelina Johnson, who could be fun if there was a very-into-it George involved. She's one of my favorite characters from the book, whereas Pansy I'd have to reinvent a lot to make more interesting.

Hmmm think think. 

I replied to your plotting PM, RedPhoenix!  But yeah, I'm good with whoever you choose to play.  There are ups and downs for each character, but hey, that's why it's fun!

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 12:37:41 AM
I really cant decide can I do both? I really want to do a Lesbian Luna. but I also dont really like the idea of what someone might do to Harry. I wont mind him gay just as long as he isnt with Draco. but I also really like the idea of Harry being with ron.. so can i double?

Aww, I'm going to prefix my reply to this by saying that I'm a huge Harry/Draco shipper(I'm also a Charlie/Draco shipper, and a Serious/Draco Shipper, I'll pretty much ship Draco with anyone, if there's a believable plot, and the writers good at what they do.)  Also, I should warn you, I created this game with the image of Draco getting reamed by a dashing Harry.  Not that I plan on doing that, but yeah, that was my mind space when proposing this game idea.

Right now, I'm only allowing players to play one canon character.  I'll allow for a second character later on, but those second characters would most likely be original characters.  As a GM, I'd suggest going with the character you want to play, since you'll get more satisfaction from it, and to be honest, I'd enjoy reading your post's more, if I know you're writing a character you really want to play.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about Harry, because while he was the main character in the books, I have a very, "everyone is the main character of their own lives," sort of outlook for group games. 

Quote from: Cerevan on August 14, 2015, 08:20:44 AM
Soooooooo...if we flutter our eyelashes really hard and everything, can we get intensely pretty pictures like the one you made for Draco...?

Ooohhh, I did not make that picture, I actually found it from a "Jeremy Dufour Draco" google search!  It's been a long time since I've made a manip image for characters.  But there are awesome sites out there where you can make requests for images like these to be made for roleplaying games!  I'd check out Caution to the wind, since that was one of my go to sites back in the day. 

But I am super flattered that you think I could make something so awesome sauce-pretty!

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 14, 2015, 01:52:07 PM
A random question...  But is this going to be in, like, a set setting (i.e., a sort of Class Reunion of sorts), or is it just going to be totally open everywhere in the world?

I had envisioned event's centering around Wizarding London, and maybe branching off to the rest of England or abroad.  But if an event is something everyone likes, than I can completely finagle something awesome like that!

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 14, 2015, 03:53:18 PM
If it's up for discussion having everyone meet at once to start the game (maybe a reunion or a wedding or a ceremony of sorts or something?) would be a nice way to sort of get the ball rolling. :) Especially if we are playing characters who might need an excuse to interact with each other otherwise.

This is a doable thing!  We could potentially pick two canon characters who weren't been picked to be played, and have them get married for the sake of the game; and the opening would be the wedding reception. 

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 04:02:43 PM
Understood. I will play as Luna then

Also, I think we all want a Lesbian Luna.  I've always thought she'd be a kick ass lesbian!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Cerevan on August 14, 2015, 08:20:44 AM

I didn't reply to this bit!  Sam Heughan, ooooooooh.  Holy yes!

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 14, 2015, 04:22:08 PM
Working on a Neville sheet tonight hopefully.

Yay, Gnothi, you rock my socks!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Going to try to get my Padma sheet up tomorrow.  I am wasting to much time searching PriyanKa Chopra pics for avatars.  ;D

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 04:47:43 PM
Going to try to get my Padma sheet up tomorrow.  I am wasting to much time searching PriyanKa Chopra pics for avatars.  ;D

Believe me, that is definitely something I understand!  I'll put up the code for the character sheet, to make things easier on you guys!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

undisclosedtoyou

The code for the CS is now up on the first post of this thread.  XD
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Crash

hope some one contemplates a lesbian Ginny.  I do have a warm spot for cute redheads. ;)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 05:02:05 PM
hope some one contemplates a lesbian Ginny.  I do have a warm spot for cute redheads. ;)

Ahhh yeahhhh!  Gingers are where it's at!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 14, 2015, 05:04:33 PM
Ahhh yeahhhh!  Gingers are where it's at!

Yeah.  Julie Kennedy (Suicide Girl Lass). Would make an amazing Ginny.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 05:08:42 PM
Yeah.  Julie Kennedy (Suicide Girl Lass). Would make an amazing Ginny.

Oh she's gorgeous! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Yeah one of my favorite face claims when playing a red head.

undisclosedtoyou

Lol, it's here I should note that this isn't, specifically, a sex centered game.  Sexual identity is a large part of the human experience, but sexual identity doesn't always equal sexual intercourse.  So yeah, I just wanted to throw that out there.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 05:02:05 PM

Honestly Ginny/Luna is one of my favorite slash pairings same with Ginny/Hermione and Luna/Hermione... I really like Luna and Hermione

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 05:59:25 PM
Honestly Ginny/Luna is one of my favorite slash pairings same with Ginny/Hermione and Luna/Hermione... I really like Luna and Hermione

Ooohh Ginny and Luna would look so nice together!  I feel like Hermoine is such an independent and strong character, that she'd do well with either Luna and Ginny.  Ginny, would be nice because she has a strong personality, and Luna because I love the juxtaposition of how empathetic Luna is, compared to Hermoine's no nonsense pragmatism. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

I love Hermione/Luna because of how Luna is always on about "nonexistant" creatures and probably driving Hermione spare, and hermione coming to accept that and support Luna in trying to find them because they love each other.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 06:46:57 PM
I love Hermione/Luna because of how Luna is always on about "nonexistant" creatures and probably driving Hermione spare, and hermione coming to accept that and support Luna in trying to find them because they love each other.

Oh gods, this just gave me a huge case of the feels.  Hermoine would roll her eyes, but you could just see the warmth of her love on her face, when Luna starts talking about some fantastical creature that nobody believes in. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Ginny with anyone because well...redhead.  ;D

No worries undisclosed, I won't turn it into a smut game.  Hell I haven't written a sex scene on E in quite some time.  Just hasn't worked out to make sense in games.  That may change soon but I never go in expecting sex scenes.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 08:14:36 PM
Ginny with anyone because well...redhead.  ;D

No worries undisclosed, I won't turn it into a smut game.  Hell I haven't written a sex scene on E in quite some time.  Just hasn't worked out to make sense in games.  That may change soon but I never go in expecting sex scenes.

Yeah, toe the line, buddy!   :P

Also, you all can call me Dis.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Now I am wondering if I shouldn't play Ginny instead.

Will do Dis.

undisclosedtoyou

Lol, play whichever one you'd get the most satisfaction from! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 14, 2015, 07:28:11 PM
Oh gods, this just gave me a huge case of the feels.  Hermoine would roll her eyes, but you could just see the warmth of her love on her face, when Luna starts talking about some fantastical creature that nobody believes in.

Yeah. sadly nobody writes a good Hermione/Luna fanfiction all the ones on FF.net are smut and porn. you know what I'm saying?

Crash

They both have advantages and disadvantages. They both are not major characters which gives me room to play around with less worry of cannon.  Ginny has more cannon expectations but more people wishing to interact.  Padma allows me to play a non white character which I feel are under played and has virtually no cannon expectations but maybe less interest from other players because of obscurity.

I'll stick with Padma.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 08:35:32 PM
Yeah. sadly nobody writes a good Hermione/Luna fanfiction all the ones on FF.net are smut and porn. you know what I'm saying?

Don't get me wrong, I like smut, when appropriate, but yeahhhhhh, I get you!  I try not to read from ff.net, preferring AFF or Archiveofourown, or hell, even live journal.

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 08:36:14 PM
They both have advantages and disadvantages. They both are not major characters which gives me room to play around with less worry of cannon.  Ginny has more cannon expectations but more people wishing to interact.  Padma allows me to play a non white character which I feel are under played and has virtually no cannon expectations but maybe less interest from other players because of obscurity.

I'll stick with Padma.

Oooh, I went to take a shower, and boom you've solved your conundrum!   Yay for Padma!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 14, 2015, 09:41:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like smut, when appropriate, but yeahhhhhh, I get you!  I try not to read from ff.net, preferring AFF or Archiveofourown, or hell, even live journal.

AFF? well AO3 is practically nothing but smut, and in my experiences Livejournal doesn't have very much of a way to browse. and they tend not to have chapters like FF.net does.

I'm actually just finished reading a pretty good one called Backwards with Purpose

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 09:49:25 PM
AFF? well AO3 is practically nothing but smut, and in my experiences Livejournal doesn't have very much of a way to browse. and they tend not to have chapters like FF.net does.

I'm actually just finished reading a pretty good one called Backwards with Purpose

Adultfanfiction.net.  It doesn't seem to be as hopping as it was say, four/five years ago, but I've found some really good long chaptered fics.  AO3 has a lot of smut, you're right; but with just a bit of browsing you can find a lot of gems.  Admittedly, my main fandom is Teen Wolf, and I don't read a lot of HP fic on there.  The trick with browsing livejournal is to find a quality rec journal.  I mainly browse there in the bottom Draco group journal, and that's because, well, I'm a huge bottom draco fan.  But yeah, mostly, for HP, I go to google, and do specific searches, like, '7th year harry potter fic rec,' and find a lot of good things that way. 

But yeah, a pain in the ass, I know!  I'd throw out good fics for you, but I don't really read gen or fics with lesbian couples(sad I know.)

And yeahhh I feel like a giant nerd now >>
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Hey lol, it's ok. Nerds are the best type to talk to

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 10:47:03 PM
Hey lol, it's ok. Nerds are the best type to talk to

I wish there was a thumbs up emote on here!  Lol.  Consider this as my thumbs up!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Don't worry Red, I'll smut with yah. I just won't smut it single handedly....wait that came out wrong.

RedPhoenix

Pansy 2.0

Name: Pansy Parkinson
Sexuality: Questioning
Occupation: Receptionist, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Centaur Liaison Office
Marital Status: oh don't even ask.... (Single)
Children: grrr (0)

Hobbies:
- Being bitter about not being an evil trophy wife
- Thinking of ways to get back at Draco Malfoy
- Thinking of ways to get back with Draco Malfoy
- Trying to get her parole auror to back off
- Plotting evil plots against pretty much everyone
- Destroying all evidence of such plots in a fit of guilt and fear that Hermione Granger will apparate out of nowhere and arrest her again.
- Gardening
- Raising Exotic Butterflies

Pre War Bio: Slightly altered from canon. Before she started attending Hogwarts, Pansy Parkinson was a nervous, half-closeted transgirl who was highly encouraged in her identity by Narcissa Malfoy when she noticed young Draco spending a lot of time with her. She never fully transitioned but every year an expensive enchantment gifted to her by the Malfoys shaped her more and more into the ideal partner for the high class aspirant that they were grooming Draco to be. Starting her third year she brewed her own potions that transformed her one remaining body area female for several days at a time. Very few at Hogwarts knew she was trans, and those who did gave it very little mind. Otherwise Pansy was every bit the little kiss ass who spent most of her time coddling and crushing on Draco and insulting anyone she thought he didn't like that she is in the novels.

Post War Bio: Pansy has had better days than what happened after the war. During the Battle of Hogwarts she snuck back in and helped many of the Death Eaters who fought for Voldemort arrive by disabling some of the shields around Hogwarts that allowed them to apprate in. Hermione caught her red handed, and a poorly timed comment about how Fred, Lavender, and the others who died would still be around if they had just turned over Harry like Pansy had suggested resulted in a broken nose and being dragged off in magical restraints.

Pansy's trial was a lot more dramatic than many people were expecting. Unlike many of the other Slytherins she was thoroughly unrepentant and uncooperative and refused to turn over any information. Through long veritaserum sessions it slowly came out that while Draco had been the figurehead for Voldemort at Hogwarts, she had been the one who did almost all of the real work. She kept the dark wizards in training organized, provided access to all parts of Hogwarts to some of Voldemort's darkest servants, and even had several Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students under Imperius curses working for her.

She was sentenced to Azkaban and felt glorious as it happened, imagining herself following in the footsteps of her idol Bellatrix Lestrange. She wasn't surprised that Draco avoided sentence, clever guy that he was, and was sure he was going to break her out any day. Instead, when he came to visit her it seemed like he was actually sincerely remorseful and not only that informed her that they couldn't be together anymore due to his revelations about his sexuality. To say Pansy became emotional on being dumped would be a serious understatement. She screamed, she sobbed, she begged she tried to seduce, to blackmail, and everything in between but Draco was firm that their relationship was over.

Pansy's anger over this turned into resentment which she took out on the world at large. Despite her age she was considered one of Azkaban's more dangerous prisoners due to her ability to organize and manipulate and she spent a lot of her time with instructors finishing her schooling (hey, Azkaban is a nicer prison under Auror management!). She is, to a mix of chagrin and pride, the top rated student of the first ever graduating class of the Azkaban Reformatory Academy.

But that was only part of what got her out. Halfway through the first year of her stay in the prison, she was approached by Rita Skeeter, who managed to sneak in in her beetle form, and thoroughly interviewed about a new article she was writing. Pansy played along just like she always did with her favorite gossip columnist. A few months later Voldemort's Forgotten Victim was published and picked up for nationwide distribution in many different journals.

The article portrayed Pansy as an innocent dupe, a victim of prejudice due to her transgender status (descriptions of how she was denied the potion she used to have a fully female form provoked more sympathy than anything else, while also informing the whole world that she was trans) and the backlash against pureblood families that Rita not so subtly suggested was worse than what the mixed bloods had ever experienced. She glossed over the hundreds of hours of evidence of Pansy's truly impressive evil machinations in favor of photos of young Pansy dressed in overalls down on her knees trying to work on her garden as a large Auror stood over her menacingly, testaments of how Pansy looked out her barred window every night dreaming that the man who had lured her into the dark world of Voldemort would come to save her. Draco got raked over the coals pretty hard for his "betrayal" of his former lover. Pansy became the poster child for unjust punishment seeking revenge rather than justice. Meanwhile the article gave Draco a lot of bad boy buzz that really helped launch his modeling career.

When she was up for parole, political pressure, popular sentiment led to her early release, under very strict parole. She moved back into her ancestral home with her parents, and proudly bore their signet ring again. She engaged in a brief affair with Oliver Wood, who had read the articles and found himself feeling sorry for her and greatly aroused, but as he slowly realized she was still rather stuck up and pining for Draco and he proved several times to be extremely rough in his tastes the relationship fell apart. Also it didn't seem to make Draco jealous at all (well, not of Oliver anyway), which had been the whole point from Pansy's end.

As part of her parole she must attend a weekly former Death Eater support group. Seeing Draco every week there is something that makes her rather uncomfortable as she still dreams of him turning to her, announcing what a fool he's been, and presenting a ring to her. She has gotten pretty good at not letting on and they are mostly friendly nowadays.

After a few years of this routine her parents passed away in a tragic dragon attack and she inherited their rather considerable estate. She was forced to auction off many of their old prize heirlooms as they contained too much dark magic for her to be around due to her parole, which infuriated her but ultimately made her richer. This included their ancestral estate which had so many old dark charms in it that the Aurors condemned it. Pansy brought a very nice little house in a magical ward of London with a large garden area and quiet and polite neighbors.  She spends most of her free time there tending to her truly beautiful and impressive collection of rare flowers and exotic butterflies. Her enchantments leave it practically running itself. Unfortunately her security clearance with the Ministry is far too low to let her near anything poisonous or potentially lethal so she can't get a job with magical plants. While it is a very nice house, she finds it lonely and empty most of the time.

While she has the funds to live modestly for the rest of her life, Pansy has never been one to live modestly. She has just enough money to barely need a job to keep herself in a lavish lifestyle and so she went looking for well paying work that would accept a resume that had Azkaban listed under education. Pulling some strings was able to use her family connections to get a job with the Ministry. Even though it is the very definition of dead end. She is the receptionist for a division that never gets any visitors, as the Centaurs still refuse to acknowledge that a Liasion for their people exists. She spends most of her day sitting behind her desk reading about her more successful classmates in gossip magazines and hearing about other people getting promoted and brought up while she wastes away in a dead end job. Although the fact that she has a job with the ministry at all is enough to infuriate some of the more conservative good guys, she isn't likely to describe her job as a lucky one anytime soon. Still, it pays rather well and on top of her inheritance she is quite well off financially for a single lady.

Pansy is up for yearly parole review at which she can request to be let off, which has been denied every time. Many Aurors don't think she should ever have been let out at all and would sooner vote to throw her back in Azkaban than end her parole. She is viewed as not truly repentant (which is true) and still a threat (which probably isn't). The fact that she has been caught growing technically illegal plants and keeping illegal butterflies several times hasn't won her any favors either, although the "oh come on those laws are outdated, they're harmless" counter argument is not without merit.

About a year ago she was assigned a new Auror to be her parole officer. Pansy was stunned when she found out that the Boy Who Lived, the Chosen One, the famous Harry Potter was going to be knocking on her door doing surprise inspections any time he liked. At first she thought she was going to get tossed back in prison, but she soon realized that Harry was nowhere near as enthusiastic about his work as she was worried about. He wrote her up for her infractions but didn't go beyond that. At times the two almost became friendly with each other and talked about their lives and what they were going through, although it was very guarded. Pansy expressed great sympathy for Harry's failing marriage, and quickly learned that when she wore tight and small outfits around the Auror that he tended to more easily forget that he hadn't checked a certain room and when she put a hand on his leg to comfort him he would sometimes forget to mention the illegal plants he had found on that trip. She could never get away with anything serious, and most of the time the stuff he forgot to do was completely irrelevant as there was nothing illegal there anyway, but Pansy started to get a sick thrill out of teasing the poor Auror on his way down. She also realized he was one of the few constant social interactions with her life, and would be embarrassed to admit that she found herself looking forward to getting dolled up for his visits.

At least the very expensive beauty enchantments have all proved themselves worth the money. Pansy remains younger and sexier in appearance than many of her classmates. So at least she's got that going for her. If anyone would just glance her way to notice how pretty she is....

Personality: Halfway between bitter and self-righteous, reformed and rebellious, worker drone and queen bee. Very sensitive about her social status. Sorry for what an evil bitch she's been but more sorry she wasn't more successful at it. Still completely obsessed with Draco. Would probably be very happy if she could find someone to be subservient to the way she used to be with him. Sincere efforts to be nice are often thwarted by the simmering rage and frustration over all her bad decisions. She is obsessive over her appearance, viewing it as one of the few assets she has left.

Golden Spider

Damn. If that's Pansy then Luna may not mind having a roll in the hay with her.

And after being infuriated once again by the lack of good Hermione/Luna tic I Aamm starting one

Roen

Hmm, I see no one reserved Harry yet.

I might take him on. Yeah, I'll take him on.
See if good old Bortter can be made interesting without the entourage of his peculiar friends :P

Edit: maybe I'm just a little worried about the lack of testosterone in the roster, wouldn't want to start a game with a very thin herd of male characters to choose from and be left out in the cold.

More guys, please!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

GnothiSeauton

I am going to hold off on posting/submitting my Neville sheet, just until a few more sheets come in and I can see whether or not what I had in mind would be a good fit or not.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Pansy is awesome Red.  She will be so much fun to interact with!

And always better to smut with a partner than by yourself. ;)

Crash

Tell me what you think.  Too much?  Not enough?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Golden Spider

Well ignoring the blatantly obvious which is that that girl does not look indian at all.

In my mind at least

Crash

LOL her faceclaim is Miss India and Miss World 2002.  I have other pics that show off her Indian heritage better, but they didn't work as well together as those.  I plan on using those in game.

This is another pic of her. 

I think part of the issue is I faded both pics back to match the pastel of the background and the faded her skin too making her looker whiter.

I will look at a different background.  I do want her ethnicity to be apparent after all.

Crash

Here is a second one.  Not sure which I like better.

Golden Spider

I didn't say that the first one was bad. i was quite good, just It is odd to me to see a character that is portrayed as Indian descent, whiter than most white people

Crash

No worries.  I have settled on the best of both.

Red - I agree.  She has some images (not the one above) in beautiful sari's that I may use as formal attire from time to time. 

This is what I am going to use for her character sheet.

Golden Spider

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 15, 2015, 03:27:51 AM
Rough draft....Dis let me know if this is okay. :)

Name: Pansy Parkinson
Sexuality: Questioning
Occupation: Receptionist, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Centaur Liaison Office
Marital Status: oh don't even ask.... (Single)
Children: grrr (0)

Hobbies:
- Being bitter about not being an evil trophy wife
- Thinking of ways to get back at Draco Malfoy
- Thinking of ways to get back with Draco Malfoy
- Trying to get her parole auror to back off
- Plotting evil plots against pretty much everyone
- Destroying all evidence of such plots in a fit of guilt and fear that Hermione Granger will apparate out of nowhere and arrest her again.
- Gardening
- Raising Exotic Butterflies

Pre War Bio: Slightly altered from canon. Before she started attending Hogwarts, Pansy Parkinson was a nervous, half-closeted transgirl who was highly encouraged in her identity by Narcissa Malfoy when she noticed young Draco spending a lot of time with her. She never fully transitioned but every year an expensive enchantment gifted to her by the Malfoys shaped her more and more into the ideal partner for the high class aspirant that they were grooming Draco to be. Very few at Hogwarts knew she was trans, and those who did gave it very little mind. Otherwise Pansy was every bit the little kiss ass who spent most of her time coddling and crushing on Draco and insulting anyone she thought he didn't like that she is in the novels.

Post War Bio: Pansy has had better days than what happened after the war. Although she was deep into the activities of the Death Eaters thanks to her constant efforts to impress Draco, Pansy is a lover not a fighter and promptly surrendered when Hermione cornered her after the Battle of Hogwarts and a poorly timed comment about how Fred, Lavender, and the others who died would still be around if they had just turned over Harry like Pansy had suggested resulted in a broken nose and being dragged off in magical restraints. What exactly she was still doing in Hogwarts is not something she likes talking about. Her official file indicates that veritaserum compelled her to reveal she was attempting to sabotage the defenses to ensure Voldemort's victory. For this she was sentenced to a month in Azkaban, an experience that thoroughly terrified her and has left her deeply committed to never returning there, and she is still subject to random search and inspection by the Auror's Parole Office, mostly due to the fact that her yearly chances to get off of parole tend to go horribly. When the auror that comes to pay her a visit is one of her former classmates she seethes.

Her relationship with Draco also dissolved completely when he told her he just couldn't be with a woman. To say Pansy became emotional on being dumped would be a serious understatement. She screamed, she sobbed, she begged, she tried to get Draco's mom to intervene, she tried to seduce, to blackmail, and everything in between but Draco was firm that their relationship was over. This caused her social stock to plummet. A brief affair with a on-the-rebound Oliver Wood did a little to assuage her ego but didn't do anything to make Draco jealous so that was over very quickly. She still sees her ex every week at the support group for former Death Eaters they both attend.

Despite all of that her family connections were just enough to get a job with the Ministry. Even though it is the very definition of dead end. She is the receptionist for a division that never gets any visitors, as the Centaurs still refuse to acknowledge that a Liasion for their people exists. She spends most of her day sitting behind her desk reading about her more successful classmates in gossip magazines and hearing about other people getting promoted and brought up while she wastes away in a dead end job. Although the fact that she has a job with the ministry at all is enough to infuriate some of the more conservative good guys, she isn't likely to describe her job as a lucky one anytime soon.

Currently Pansy is viewed as not committed enough to evil to be a threat, but not sincere enough about reforming to not be a threat. She has enough social acquaintances that she isn't a hermit but made too many enemies and backed the wrong horse so can't really be thought of as popular. She received enough of an inheritance from her recently departed folks that she is able to afford a very decent and cozy little house in a quiet little wizard's enclave in London and spends most of her free time there tending to her truly beautiful and impressive collection of rare flowers and exotic butterflies. Her enchantments leave it practically running itself. Unfortunately her security clearance with the Ministry is far too low to let her near anything poisonous or potentially lethal so she can't get a job with magical plants. While it is a very nice house, she finds it lonely and empty most of the time.

At least the very expensive beauty enchantments have all proved themselves worth the money. Pansy remains younger and sexier in appearance than many of her classmates. So at least she's got that going for her. If anyone would just glance her way to notice how pretty she is....

Personality: Halfway between bitter and self-righteous, reformed and rebellious, worker drone and queen bee. Very sensitive about her social status. Sorry for what an evil bitch she's been but more sorry she wasn't more successful at it. Still completely obsessed with Draco. Would probably be very happy if she could find someone to be subservient to the way she used to be with him. Sincere efforts to be nice are often thwarted by the simmering rage and frustration over all her bad decisions. She is obsessive over her appearance, viewing it as one of the few assets she has left.

Your Pansy looks good to me, and so you get my GM thumbs up of approval.  If you add or subtract anything from your sheet, let me know.

Quote from: Roen on August 15, 2015, 07:36:36 AM
Hmm, I see no one reserved Harry yet.

I might take him on. Yeah, I'll take him on.
See if good old Bortter can be made interesting without the entourage of his peculiar friends :P

Edit: maybe I'm just a little worried about the lack of testosterone in the roster, wouldn't want to start a game with a very thin herd of male characters to choose from and be left out in the cold.

More guys, please!

Bortter <<-- typo?

But yes, feel free to write up a Harry Potter sheet, and submit it to me! 

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 15, 2015, 08:42:49 AM
I am going to hold off on posting/submitting my Neville sheet, just until a few more sheets come in and I can see whether or not what I had in mind would be a good fit or not.

You could pm meeeeee with your idea, I like receiving interesting PM's.  Or I can hop on Mumble, because I'm accommodating like that.  But either way, I want your Neville in game >.<

Quote from: Crash on August 15, 2015, 01:54:02 PM
Tell me what you think.  Too much?  Not enough?

I like all the pictures you came up with!  Her having a paleness to her skin, can also be attributed to the orange color of the background.  She has a natural orangy tone to her skin, so when you wear/have a backdrop that also has the same tone, you'll look washed out, or pale.  If you had picked another background color, she probably would have looked tanner. 

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

That was not a typo, main characters tend to be a bit stale to my taste, potter was no exception, but I've got it covered.

I am trying to find a new face claim for Harry, though, since I'm not very pleased with the whole "Elijah Wood" thing Radcliffe has been having recently... 

I've got-

Hugh Dancy

Brandon Routh

Or-

Adam Brody (I call him "Shaggy")

Who should I choose? I'd love some helpful opinions :P

-Nathan Alterman.

GnothiSeauton

Hugh Dancy would be my vote.  But I might be a bit biased with my Hannibal obsession.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 15, 2015, 05:27:24 PM
Hugh Dancy would be my vote.  But I might be a bit biased with my Hannibal obsession.

I agree.  He is the one that is recognizably Harry to me.

Golden Spider

I would vote hugh as well as long as you color his hair darker

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 15, 2015, 05:27:24 PM

Except for the Hannibal reference,  this would be my vote to.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 15, 2015, 05:41:27 PM
If you do use Hugh Dancy may I request you not use a picture of him from Hannibal? It's not big deal if you want to but I will not be able to think of him as anything but Will if that's what I'm looking at. xD

Lol!  Hannibal Harry Potter....sorry couldn't resist.

Golden Spider

Quote from: Crash on August 15, 2015, 05:40:07 PM
I disagree. It still works for Harry.

I disagree with your disagreement Harry's hair is black, like a raven. Those pictures you hve as Hugh are all  brown

Im sorry for my pickering. but I can be very religious when it come to Harry Potter  :P :-)

Roen

When you think about it, Harry Potter and Will Graham aren't that different from each other, conceptually speaking.

Both are protagonists in stories about killers that are seemingly impossible to take down.
Both hand picked by the villain, scarred by him and groomed to be their downfall.
Both share a dark side with the villain, which eventually gives them an edge in catching the killer.

Both, eventually, survive the killer and cut their link to him out of their lives, and by doing so- making themselves whole and available for love.

I haven't decided yet. I like the worn out look Dancy has for Harry, but I'll probably make my pick when I write the CS.

-Nathan Alterman.

Crash

My first run at Padma

Sexuality: Lesbian
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: None thank Ganesh.  Not that I don’t want them, just that it would have made things harder.
Hobbies: Photography, dancing (yes she loves Bollywood), puzzles and hiking
Post War Bio: After the Battle of Hogwarts  in which she fought be her sister’s side she graduated from Hogwarts and moved back to Indian with her family.  Like many of Dumbledore’s Army the Auror’s had inquired about her training to join their department.  She had shown an aptitude for Defense Against the Dark Arts, but felt no compulsion to continue with training after the battle was over.  She had joined Dumbledore’s Army because it was the right thing to do and in her mind was necessary.  With Voldemort gone and the Death Eaters routed she declined the offered training. 

Her parents are very traditional and had arranged her marriage to a young strapping wizard, he courted her for a year before she could stall the inevitable for no longer and they were married.  Her husband was not a bad man.  Any young woman would have been happy to have him.  He was good-looking, came from a wealthy family and treated her with respect.  For him it was love at first sight, for Padma it was another lie she told herself and her family.  She lived the lie of a happily married woman for two years before she could no longer take it. 

She told her husband the truth. That she could never be the wife he wished her to be.  She cared for him sure, but she did not love him and never would.  Her husband was devastated and her parents distraught.  Her twin sister Parvati said she had known all along and she may well have, but Padma figured it had little to do with her sister’s supposed aptitude for divination, and more to do with the fact that there was little they could keep hidden from one another no matter how hard they tried.

Using her experience from Dumbledore’s Army, her aptitude for arithmancy and defense of the dark arts Padma took a job as a Curse Breaker for Gringott’s.  Her job served two purposes.  It was a lucrative job and it involved constant travel all over the world.  Padma needed time away from family and her ex-husband.  She needed to accept herself or at least begin too and her new job was just the thing.  Padma spent the last five years travelling the world as a Curse Breaker.  During this time she discovered a love of wizarding photography and has taken many wonderful pictures during her travels.  She has just finished up her latest contract with Gringott’s and finds herself at a crossroads.  She can re-up with Gringott’s for another 5 years as a contract Curse Breaker, or take some time away from her job to pursue other interests.  Her sister Parvati, now the Divination professor at Hogwarts, invited her to London for a few weeks for a visit and she decided to take her up on her offer.   

Personality:

Now that Padma has come out she isn’t nearly as shy and quiet as she used to be.  In many ways she acts much more like her sister now.  She is more outgoing and willing to initiate conversations now than the shy girl at Hogwart’s ever was.  Her similarities with Parvati however do not extend to her sister’s love of divination.  Padma considers it a silly study and retains her more serious demeanor when it comes to work.

Padma is unsure of what she really wants to do with her life.  She could take the responsible route and continue her lucrative career with Gringott’s or she could use the money she has saved during her employment to pursue her favorite hobby, photography.  This isn’t something she has discussed with anyone not even her sister.  After a long self-exile from love and relationships Padma is ready to put herself out there again, this time being completely honest with herself and her chosen interest. 

Crash

Oops sorry. I forgot that. I deleted it out of my background.

Roen

Hmm...

Before I obligate myself to this game, I'd really like to see a few more male submissions. Since, if it's a mostly-female cast (as lovely as those females are :P), this game won't be a good fit for me or my preferences, and I'd hate to join in and then mess things up by pulling out later :/

Which is a shame, because I really want to play a HP game of this style.

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

I'll post my Luna tomorrow. still trying to find a good face-claim.  Not that I've really been actively trying though  :-[

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 01:46:18 AM
Hmm...

Before I obligate myself to this game, I'd really like to see a few more male submissions. Since, if it's a mostly-female cast (as lovely as those females are :P), this game won't be a good fit for me or my preferences, and I'd hate to join in and then mess things up by pulling out later :/

Which is a shame, because I really want to play a HP game of this style.

We have a 4:3 ratio, with 4 guys to three women (unless you and Gnothi back out.

Crash,  I'm heading into work now,  but I'll check out your CS when I get of work.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 09:21:21 AM
We have a 4:3 ratio, with 4 guys to three women (unless you and Gnothi back out.

You've got Draco
I've got Harry
Gnotti, who haven't replied yet, might have Neville
Who's got the fourth one?

-Nathan Alterman.

Cerevan

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 10:01:35 AM
You've got Draco
I've got Harry

I'll be creating a Charlie Weasley as soon as I've got an Internet connection that's not on my phone. Ah, the joys of moving into a new apartment. ::)

GnothiSeauton

My character sheet for Neville is complete for the most part.

I am holding off on submitting it, however, until I get a better idea of what everyone is doing, to see if what I had in mind would be a good fit or if I should do something different.

Seeking New Stories

Golden Spider

where did you all edit your pictures? especially you crash?

Crash

I did it on paintshop pro.  I have heard there are a number of good websites out there but I have never used them since I have the PP software.

Roen

Working on mine now.

I'm keeping the direction Rowling aimed them to- Ginny, a couple of kids, but they're divorced now.
I think that's ok, is that ok?

-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 10:01:35 AM
You've got Draco
I've got Harry

Quote from: Cerevan on August 16, 2015, 10:51:29 AM
I'll be creating a Charlie Weasley as soon as I've got an Internet connection that's not on my phone. Ah, the joys of moving into a new apartment. ::)

Yup!

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 02:28:55 PM
Working on mine now.

I'm keeping the direction Rowling aimed them to- Ginny, a couple of kids, but they're divorced now.
I think that's ok, is that ok?

Nobodies chosen Ginny yet, so I'd say it was okay.  If someone does decide to take her up, make sure to shoot that player a PM, giving them the info.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 15, 2015, 11:37:27 PM

Sexuality: Lesbian
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: None thank Ganesh.  Not that I don’t want them, just that it would have made things harder.
Hobbies: Photography, dancing (yes she loves Bollywood), puzzles and hiking
Post War Bio: After the Battle of Hogwarts  in which she fought be her sister’s side she graduated from Hogwarts and moved back to Indian with her family.  Like many of Dumbledore’s Army the Auror’s had inquired about her training to join their department.  She had shown an aptitude for Defense Against the Dark Arts, but felt no compulsion to continue with training after the battle was over.  She had joined Dumbledore’s Army because it was the right thing to do and in her mind was necessary.  With Voldemort gone and the Death Eaters routed she declined the offered training. 

Her parents are very traditional and had arranged her marriage to a young strapping wizard, he courted her for a year before she could stall the inevitable for no longer and they were married.  Her husband was not a bad man.  Any young woman would have been happy to have him.  He was good-looking, came from a wealthy family and treated her with respect.  For him it was love at first sight, for Padma it was another lie she told herself and her family.  She lived the lie of a happily married woman for two years before she could no longer take it. 

She told her husband the truth. That she could never be the wife he wished her to be.  She cared for him sure, but she did not love him and never would.  Her husband was devastated and her parents distraught.  Her twin sister Parvati said she had known all along and she may well have, but Padma figured it had little to do with her sister’s supposed aptitude for divination, and more to do with the fact that there was little they could keep hidden from one another no matter how hard they tried.

Using her experience from Dumbledore’s Army, her aptitude for arithmancy and defense of the dark arts Padma took a job as a Curse Breaker for Gringott’s.  Her job served two purposes.  It was a lucrative job and it involved constant travel all over the world.  Padma needed time away from family and her ex-husband.  She needed to accept herself or at least begin too and her new job was just the thing.  Padma spent the last five years travelling the world as a Curse Breaker.  During this time she discovered a love of wizarding photography and has taken many wonderful pictures during her travels.  She has just finished up her latest contract with Gringott’s and finds herself at a crossroads.  She can re-up with Gringott’s for another 5 years as a contract Curse Breaker, or take some time away from her job to pursue other interests.  Her sister Parvati, now the Divination professor at Hogwarts, invited her to London for a few weeks for a visit and she decided to take her up on her offer.   

Personality:

Now that Padma has come out she isn’t nearly as shy and quiet as she used to be.  In many ways she acts much more like her sister now.  She is more outgoing and willing to initiate conversations now than the shy girl at Hogwart’s ever was.  Her similarities with Parvati however do not extend to her sister’s love of divination.  Padma considers it a silly study and retains her more serious demeanor when it comes to work.

Padma is unsure of what she really wants to do with her life.  She could take the responsible route and continue her lucrative career with Gringott’s or she could use the money she has saved during her employment to pursue her favorite hobby, photography.  This isn’t something she has discussed with anyone not even her sister.  After a long self-exile from love and relationships Padma is ready to put herself out there again, this time being completely honest with herself and her chosen interest.

I really like your CS, Crash; you did a good job.  And I'll also be PM'ing you with plotting stuff for Padma and Draco.  So yes, consider this sheet approved!   If you decide to add or subtract anything, let me know. 

I'll be putting up a character thread tonight, so once that's up, feel free to post this up there.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Sexuality: Somewhere between bisexual, gay and clueless. 

Blood status: Half-Blood.

Marital Status: Divorced (Ginny)

Children: James Sirius (5), Albus Severus (3)
Hobbies: Conspiracy charts, AKA the only ‘décor’ around his shabby freshly-divorcee-pad. Dozens upon hundreds of newspaper cut-outs, pictures, memos, notes and diagrams linked with differently color-coded strings (the only use any real man should have for yarn) and the random crack, bump or puncture where Harry threw something at the wall.

Post War Bio: Everything started out so nicely, smoothly, even. Every last door was open for Potter, from the mail room to the minister’s office, favours were offered, interviews mentioned, positions secured, especially during the trials of the death eaters, everybody wanted to be the Chosen One’s friend. Harry probably married too early, but he couldn't really keep his best friend’s baby sister hanging, could he? And after all that pain, violence and loss, they were all desperate for something sweet and pure- a new family born of young love.

She deserved so much better than him.

Once the trials were over, once the dust settled and people went back to their routines, Harry quickly discovered that The Chosen One isn't very meaningful without a Dark Lord to run an awe inspiring campaign against. It's not every day that you find a dark wizard to capture and detain, especially when the greatest of them all has just been recently dealt with. Most of the active mal-practitioners lived abroad, and as much as he tried- Potter simply wasn't one for mastering foreign language, especially not at the level required for undercover work (not that he could, with that GD scar shining bright at the top of his face). He could feel their eyes upon him, looking up to him, as if asking- “What, is that it?” like a bunch of muggle kids at a birthday party, waiting for the magician to show his next trick, but Harry had no more tricks up his sleeves.

It didn’t take long for them to realize that the boy wonder has grown up into a big sack of nothingness. The promising junior Auror stayed just that, minus the promising, doing two-bit field work every now and then, but mostly pushing paper, checking facts, amending reports. 

He should have known better than to take his frustration out on her. At the time he had no idea he had been taking anything out on anyone. He simply did his job, collected his paychecks, came home, ate his dinner and shut himself away at his study- which basically was a miniature model of his current conspiracy maniac flat, reading the newspapers, watching some muggle TV news, looking for signs, scanning for shadowy connections, searching for a purpose.

So yeah, sure his purpose should have been his family, thanks for that inspiring pearl of hindsight bullshit, where were you three years ago? Think it’s easy, seeing a failure coming your way? Harry didn’t see it, and that- according to his ex-wife- was a fundamental part of the problem.

He lost her, he lost his kids and his best friend stopped taking his hesitant calls.

Personality: Maturity peeled away the layers of the once shy yet passionate teenager to discover the brooding and intensely silent type Harry never realized he was, being used always having a pair of extremely talkative friends around him, the boy who lived never did learn how to actually start a conversation. Inner dialogues are his thing, conflicting voices and thoughts that sometime drown out the external ones in his immediate surrounding, it’s not rare to see him lost in thought, or witness him change moods suddenly and with no apparent reason. He’s still kind, caring, generous and noble of heart, but in the real world- there’s not much chance for those traits to shine on their own.

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

Sexuality: Bisexual, but prefers the ladies more
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Hobbies: Going on expeditions to discover new magical creatures, writing, researching
Post War Bio: Right after the war Luna went on an expedition to Iceland on another attempt to find the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, as well as a testament to her father who died in the second war. Much to her shock and to the shock of everyone who teased her and bullied her at Hogwarts, not only did she manage to find and photograph one, she also brought it back to London, where she made the front page, she is now a common feature on the wizarding paper for Magical Biology, but the Quibbler is now a respected source of information, surging in popularity over the Daily Prophet due to people remembering how they spewed pro Voldemort and ministry propaganda in lieu of actual news. She also is a loved and looked forward to, substitute for Hogwarts Care of Magical Creatures class. Many years ago before she had a short fling with Nevile Longbottom while it ended somewhat heatedly they remain good friends. To say that the young woman with a sad past was successful and busy would be an understatement.
Personality: Luna is still as odd and quirky as always but now that more and more of the odd creatures she always talked about are being proven real, she had started to become less introverted and gained more friends but she hasn't really changed all that much

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Roen on August 16, 2015, 03:43:22 PM

Sexuality: Somewhere between bisexual, gay and clueless. 

Blood status: Pureblood.

Marital Status: Divorced (Ginny)

Hobbies: Conspiracy charts, AKA the only ‘décor’ around his shabby freshly-divorcee-pad. Dozens upon hundreds of newspaper cut-outs, pictures, memos, notes and diagrams linked with differently color-coded strings (the only use any real man should have for yarn) and the random crack, bump or puncture where Harry threw something at the wall.

Post War Bio: Everything started out so nicely, smoothly, even. Every last door was open for Potter, from the mail room to the minister’s office, favours were offered, interviews mentioned, positions secured, especially during the trials of the death eaters, everybody wanted to be the Chosen One’s friend. Harry probably married too early, but he couldn't really keep his best friend’s baby sister hanging, could he? And after all that pain, violence and loss, they were all desperate for something sweet and pure- a new family born of young love.

She deserved so much better than him.

Once the trials were over, once the dust settled and people went back to their routines, Harry quickly discovered that The Chosen One isn't very meaningful without a Dark Lord to run an awe inspiring campaign against. It's not every day that you find a dark wizard to capture and detain, especially when the greatest of them all has just been recently dealt with. Most of the active mal-practitioners lived abroad, and as much as he tried- Potter simply wasn't one for mastering foreign language, especially not at the level required for undercover work (not that he could, with that GD scar shining bright at the top of his face). He could feel their eyes upon him, looking up to him, as if asking- “What, is that it?” like a bunch of muggle kids at a birthday party, waiting for the magician to show his next trick, but Harry had no more tricks up his sleeves.

It didn’t take long for them to realize that the boy wonder has grown up into a big sack of nothingness. The promising junior Auror stayed just that, minus the promising, doing two-bit field work every now and then, but mostly pushing paper, checking facts, amending reports. 

He should have known better than to take his frustration out on her. At the time he had no idea he had been taking anything out on anyone. He simply did his job, collected his paychecks, came home, ate his dinner and shut himself away at his study- which basically was a miniature model of his current conspiracy maniac flat, reading the newspapers, watching some muggle TV news, looking for signs, scanning for shadowy connections, searching for a purpose.

So yeah, sure his purpose should have been his family, thanks for that inspiring pearl of hindsight bullshit, where were you three years ago? Think it’s easy, seeing a failure coming your way? Harry didn’t see it, and that- according to his ex-wife- was a fundamental part of the problem.

He lost her, he lost his kids and his best friend stopped taking his hesitant calls.

Personality: Maturity peeled away the layers of the once shy yet passionate teenager to discover the brooding and intensely silent type Harry never realized he was, being used always having a pair of extremely talkative friends around him, the boy who lived never did learn how to actually start a conversation. Inner dialogues are his thing, conflicting voices and thoughts that sometime drown out the external ones in his immediate surrounding, it’s not rare to see him lost in thought, or witness him change moods suddenly and with no apparent reason. He’s still kind, caring, generous and noble of heart, but in the real world- there’s not much chance for those traits to shine on their own.

First off, I lurve your picture!   And also, that bit about yarn made me laugh, hard!

Now, everything looks good to me, except his blood status.  Harry Potter is technically a half-blood, since his mother was muggle born.  Everything else looks good!  So if you fix that, your sheet is approved.

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 16, 2015, 04:06:03 PM

Sexuality: Bisexual, but prefers the ladies more
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Hobbies: Going on expeditions to discover new magical creatures, writing, researching
Post War Bio: Right after the war Luna went on an expedition to Iceland on another attempt to find the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, as well as a testament to her father who died in the second war. Much to her shock and to the shock of everyone who teased her and bullied her at Hogwarts, not only did she manage to find and photograph one, she also brought it back to London, where she made the front page, she is now a common feature on the wizarding paper for Magical Biology, but the Quibbler is now a respected source of information, surging in popularity over the Daily Prophet due to people remembering how they spewed pro Voldemort and ministry propaganda in lieu of actual news. She also is a loved and looked forward to, substitute for Hogwarts Care of Magical Creatures class. Many years ago before she had realized that she was lesbian she had an short fling with Nevile Longbottom, while it ended somewhat heatedly they remain good friends. To say that the young woman with a sad past was successful and busy would be an understatement.
Personality: Luna is still as odd and quirky as always but now that more and more of the odd creatures she always talked about are being proven real, she had started to become less introverted and gained more friends but she hasn't really changed all that much

Oooh the face claim you chose is gorgeous!

I also like what you've written out for her.  So yes, you've got my approval!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 02:36:50 PM
I really like your CS, Crash; you did a good job.  And I'll also be PM'ing you with plotting stuff for Padma and Draco.  So yes, consider this sheet approved!   If you decide to add or subtract anything, let me know. 

I'll be putting up a character thread tonight, so once that's up, feel free to post this up there.

Thanks Dis.  I replied to your plotting. :) 

I will probably not add anything to the character sheet.  I prefer to leave it a bit open ended to adjust for things in game.

Gnothi - Would you give us an idea of what you are contemplating?  It may give others some inspiration if they are searching for it.

Roen

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 04:33:27 PM
First off, I lurve your picture!   And also, that bit about yarn made me laugh, hard!
Now, everything looks good to me, except his blood status.  Harry Potter is technically a half-blood, since his mother was muggle born.  Everything else looks good!  So if you fix that, your sheet is approved.

Thanks... First draft I made didn't have a scar >_>
And creating the scar was more trying than I'd care to admit :P
Still kinda look like bad photoshop, but it'll do for now.

As for the blood status, I've fixed it. Thanks :P

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 16, 2015, 04:33:27 PM

Oooh the face claim you chose is gorgeous!

I also like what you've written out for her.  So yes, you've got my approval!

Thank you! I really Like the face claim, I saw her on a list on blonde models and i thought "That so looks like a grown up Luna."

Also I suppose i got her age wrong, cuz she was a year behind the golden trio, as was Ginny. so she would be 26 wouldn't she?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 16, 2015, 05:02:56 PM
Thank you! I really Like the face claim, I saw her on a list on blonde models and i thought "That so looks like a grown up Luna."

Also I suppose i got her age wrong, cuz she was a year behind the golden trio, as was Ginny. so she would be 26 wouldn't she?

Yeah, sorry. I was on my cell phone when I read your CS, and missed that. She'd be a year younger, so make sure to fix that on your sheet.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

undisclosedtoyou

I found this online, she is definitely my dream casting for Hermoine Granger.  Although, that being said, I adore Emma Watson!

On an unrelated note, I wishhh I had her hair!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Very nice.  You sure you don't want people playing multiple characters. ;)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 16, 2015, 07:59:04 PM
Very nice.  You sure you don't want people playing multiple characters. ;)

Lol, I'm sure for now! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

If someone comes in as Hermione and doesnt choose Emma Watson, I will be sad. because Emma Watson is perfection

Crash

Golden - You are getting dangerously close to telling others what they should and should not be doing with characters. That is the purview of Dis as she is the GM.  I know if I was someone joining this game as Harry or Hermione and you were saying some of the things you have been saying about characters I would look for another game.

Golden Spider

Oh okay I guess I missed the memo that stated that people were not allowed to have opinions anymore.

Crash

Opinions are fine and I was giving you mine.  Take it or leave it, it is up to you.

undisclosedtoyou

Hey guys, okay, so with this, I value everyone's opinions, and I can see where you're both coming from.  I'm sure Golden wasn't meaning to come across as telling people what they should and shouldn't do with their characters.  But since this is the internet and it's easy for miscommunication to happen, since we don't have any visual or auditory cues to go off of, I can also see where Crash might think that Golden is being too communicative with his opinions.  As long as we all keep in mind that as a GM I'm giving people the freedom to portray their characters however they like(to an extent), and that while everyone's opinions are valid, it's ultimately up to the player and myself on what people can and cannot do with their characters, we should be fine.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Hey guy's, so we have a character thread now, so for everyone who's gotten their characters approved, feel free to hop on over there and post them up.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Sweet. and how the hell did you find that sweet-ass font.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 16, 2015, 11:13:31 PM
Sweet. and how the hell did you find that sweet-ass font.

It is pretty sweet, right!  I got it from a font generating site called Flaming text
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Yeah I really need to have Padma meet Pansy.  I have no idea how well they get along, but no matter what that will be fun!

PreciousPetra

Now look what you have all done. Reading through all these posts is tempting me to ask to play Hermione!!!!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 07:48:10 AM
Now look what you have all done. Reading through all these posts is tempting me to ask to play Hermione!!!!

-tempts youuuuu- you should definitely do that!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

I really don't take much tempting! Haha

Please reserve Hermione for me though I will state now though she is straight she will more than likely not be married to Ron. I just never saw them together in my head!

Crash

Your character Precious you do what you want with her.  Welcome aboard!

PreciousPetra

Thanks Crash :-)

Now I just have to decide on a play by and a bio sheet. Lucky I am not at work till Thursday!

Crash

PreciousPetra

Name Hermione Granger
Sexuality:Heterosexual.
Blood status:Muggle born.
Occupation:Ministry of Magic: Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
Marital Status:Single.
Children:None.
Hobbies:Reading, writing and spending time with her friends.

Post War Bio:After the final battle she returned to Hogwarts to complete her education having missed her seventh year because of the war and having gone  hunting for Horcruxes with Harry and Ron. All through her school years she had thought her future might be with Ron but a heated kiss during the final battle and a brief affair after the war threw cold water on those thoughts. Though she loved him she soon realized it was the same love she felt for Harry...the two of them were like her brothers and relationships as close as theirs should never be ruined by sex!

Having gained her N.E.W.T.s she interviewed for and won a position within the Ministry in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Now ten years on from the final battle she has risen through the ranks to Magical Law Enforcement. This was the career she had wanted and had worked hard to  obtain though her private life had proved less successful. Hermione had wanted it all, a career, a husband and children but at 27 she only had her career and the memory of her beloved childhood cat Crookshanks. Not that she hadn't dated or had flings and affairs, she had but she had wisely kept those from becoming public knowledge despite Rita Skeeters best efforts to expose them! Just as when she was at school she has a few very close friends whom she spent time with and who knew of her loves and losses and just as it had been since they were 11 she had shared more with Harry than Ron..perhaps partly because she had never been foolish enough to have a fling with the boy who lived.

Being someone who wishes to forgive but never forget she has fought hard to help change the laws from within the Ministry. This has meant she has had involvement with several pure bloods whom at one time may have despised her simply because she was a Mudblood.       

Personality: Has been called bossy as well as brilliant since she was a child and that hasn't changed. She is still a loyal friend though now one or two of those friends now include former students of Slytherin. Less uptight than she was at 17 she enjoys having her nose in a glass of wine just as much as a book these days. Losing so many people reminded her that life can be all too short and sometimes it's fine to let your hair down, drink, dance, laugh and have fun. However she still fears failure which is why she works so hard, in her mind it compensates for her personal life which she finds much harder to control...much like flying on a broom which she still avoids at all costs! She is strong but sometimes her more vulnerable side will appear, when it does she relies on those close to her to help her through with a shoulder to cry on and some words of wisdom that perhaps match her own. Oh and not forgetting the chocolate!

NOTE: I know there is no play by attached and there are two reasons for that. The first I am debating between Emma Watson or perhaps someone else and secondly...I have no clue how to make an attractive looking Hermione photo graphic thingy!

Crash

Chose who you looks like Hermione.  I am sure there are people that can help with a pic.

PreciousPetra

In the past when playing her it's normally been during the book years so it was always Emma Watson. The one time I played her older I used Kate Winslet as she did a film where in my view she looked like a bushy haired mid twenties Hermione...but of course now Emma is almost the right age anyway :-)

Crash

I head read the books early on so I don't feel so attached to the actors I guess.  I felt they did a good job with casting but the ideas of what the characters looked like we're already in my head yeah know. 

Golden Spider

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 07:56:22 AM
she will more than likely not be married to Ron. I just never saw them together in my head!

You are now beloved to me.

Golden Spider

Also regarding a sparkly grpahical pic. it doesn't need to be all that. If you like Luna's pic all I did was add some text, it can be that easy

Also in case you havent noticed I have changed Luna's sexuality. now listed as bi, I did this because while She is going to be mostly lesbian, with what the fling with Neville in the past... well I think Luna isn't someone who would ever be confused about her sexuality, or be unaware she was gay.

Roen

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
well I think Luna isn't someone who would ever be confused about her sexuality, or be unaware she was gay.

Unlike Harry, for whom the most accurate label would be, in my opinion, Derpsexual >_>

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

Quote from: Roen on August 17, 2015, 12:52:10 PM
Unlike Harry, for whom the most accurate label would be, in my opinion, Derpsexual >_>

Derpsexual... I personally like that a lot more than Queersexual which is last I checked was the term for questioning

Roen

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 02:20:38 PM
Derpsexual... I personally like that a lot more than Queersexual which is last I checked was the term for questioning

Derpsexuality: An orientation of a man with the sexual intelligence, grace and insight of a Teletubby.

-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 11:08:02 AM
Name Hermione Granger
Sexuality:Heterosexual.
Blood status:Muggle born.
Occupation:Ministry of Magic: Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
Marital Status:Single.
Children:None.
Hobbies:Reading, writing and spending time with her friends.

Post War Bio:After the final battle she returned to Hogwarts to complete her education having missed her seventh year because of the war and having gone  hunting for Horcruxes with Harry and Ron. All through her school years she had thought her future might be with Ron but a heated kiss during the final battle and a brief affair after the war threw cold water on those thoughts. Though she loved him she soon realized it was the same love she felt for Harry...the two of them were like her brothers and relationships as close as theirs should never be ruined by sex!

Having gained her N.E.W.T.s she interviewed for and won a position within the Ministry in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Now ten years on from the final battle she has risen through the ranks to Magical Law Enforcement. This was the career she had wanted and had worked hard to  obtain though her private life had proved less successful. Hermione had wanted it all, a career, a husband and children but at 27 she only had her career and the memory of her beloved childhood cat Crookshanks. Not that she hadn't dated or had flings and affairs, she had but she had wisely kept those from becoming public knowledge despite Rita Skeeters best efforts to expose them! Just as when she was at school she has a few very close friends whom she spent time with and who knew of her loves and losses and just as it had been since they were 11 she had shared more with Harry than Ron..perhaps partly because she had never been foolish enough to have a fling with the boy who lived.

Being someone who wishes to forgive but never forget she has fought hard to help change the laws from within the Ministry. This has meant she has had involvement with several pure bloods whom at one time may have despised her simply because she was a Mudblood.       

Personality: Has been called bossy as well as brilliant since she was a child and that hasn't changed. She is still a loyal friend though now one or two of those friends now include former students of Slytherin. Less uptight than she was at 17 she enjoys having her nose in a glass of wine just as much as a book these days. Losing so many people reminded her that life can be all too short and sometimes it's fine to let your hair down, drink, dance, laugh and have fun. However she still fears failure which is why she works so hard, in her mind it compensates for her personal life which she finds much harder to control...much like flying on a broom which she still avoids at all costs! She is strong but sometimes her more vulnerable side will appear, when it does she relies on those close to her to help her through with a shoulder to cry on and some words of wisdom that perhaps match her own. Oh and not forgetting the chocolate!

NOTE: I know there is no play by attached and there are two reasons for that. The first I am debating between Emma Watson or perhaps someone else and secondly...I have no clue how to make an attractive looking Hermione photo graphic thingy!

Oooh, I like her! If you need help with the picture let me know.  But you can also just put a pic up when you find one, and just add a name into the sheet, if you want to.  But yeah, she's pretty much approved by me. 

Also, hahahaa I'm not the only one who thought the Ron/Hermoine pairing was weird! 

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
Also in case you havent noticed I have changed Luna's sexuality. now listed as bi, I did this because while She is going to be mostly lesbian, with what the fling with Neville in the past... well I think Luna isn't someone who would ever be confused about her sexuality, or be unaware she was gay.

Okay, gotcha!

Quote from: Roen on August 17, 2015, 03:10:58 PM
Derpsexuality: An orientation of a man with the sexual intelligence, grace and insight of a Teletubby.

OMG yes!

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 17, 2015, 06:11:04 PM
Oooh, I like her! If you need help with the picture let me know.  But you can also just put a pic up when you find one, and just add a name into the sheet, if you want to.  But yeah, she's pretty much approved by me. 

Also, hahahaa I'm not the only one who thought the Ron/Hermoine pairing was weird! 

Yay! I'm glad you like her. And yes please any help with the picture would be greatly appreciated as I am very rusty at getting something decent up photo/banner wise.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 17, 2015, 04:33:13 PM
I actually started with my picture search by looking for the actress who played Pansy in the movies, but other than appearing topless in Lake Placid 4 (No I'm not kidding) I couldn't find that she had done much since.

Wow I bet you were not expecting topless photos when you began your search...bet that made you blink a few times.

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 17, 2015, 12:35:41 PM
You are now beloved to me.

Even JK realized she had made a mistake in landing poor Hermione with Ron for the rest of her life. I have paired her with various Weasleys over the years but never with Ron...um though I confess she did once have a thing with Arthur in a past story long long ago. Hey I never said she was perfect!

Golden Spider

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 06:41:48 PM
Even JK realized she had made a mistake in landing poor Hermione with Ron for the rest of her life. I have paired her with various Weasleys over the years but never with Ron...um though I confess she did once have a thing with Arthur in a past story long long ago. Hey I never said she was perfect!

My favorite non-Ron pairing for Hermione would personally be Harry, but I've read a good Hermione/Weasley Twins one before. I also have read one of Hermione with Hagrid, which was nice. (imagine the sex though!... poor girl). Personally as well I didn't make much sense of Harry with Ginny, since she was practically nonexistent from all of the books until she was suddenly Harry's love interest. My favorite non-canon pairing with Harry (that isn't Hermione of course) would actually be Luna, or Daphnee Greengrass.

I love Luna, and one of the reasons I love Luna so much is because she is quite fun to play as and read. and I think it's pretty cool how Luna is practically a fanon character, her past, her relationships, etc. is not really explored in canon, which leaves a lot to play with

GnothiSeauton

Neville Longbottom - Character Submission

Name:  Neville Longbottom

Sexuality:  Heterosexual

Blood status:  Pure Blood

Occupation:  Professor of Herbology, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Marital Status:  Divorced recently to Hannah Abbot.  Single.

Children:  None

Hobbies:  Herbology.  Reading.   Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Travelling.

Post War Bio:  After the Second Wizarding War, Neville, like a number of those who fought, entered the Auror Service in order to help track down and capture the remaining supporters of You-Know-Who.  For a time, he did his part, helping to clean up the remnants of the Dark Lord's supporters.  Eventually, however, he left the Auror Department, and took up a teaching position at Hogwarts, after the retirement of Professor Sprout, to become the school's new Herbology Professor.  After a courtship that had quietly taken place during the final months of You-Know-Who's reign, and afterwards, he married Hannah Abbot.  Their relationship lasted a short time before divorce struck.  Rumors have been abound about the couple's marriage, and the talk of both becoming increasingly dependent upon firewhiskey, as reported by Rita Skeeter.  See Personality Section for Further Details

Personality:   Though there have been rumor and talk of a possible alcohol dependency, Neville shows nothing of the sort.  He can be a friendly presence, even lively at times, but shows no loss of his facilities.

While at school, he may have been a quiet young boy, nervous and forgetful, but the changing of times and difficulties of life have changed and molded him into the opposite.  He is more confident than he ever had been before, strong and quick of mind.  Earlier struggles with his self-confidence have been obliterated, due largely in part by past professors (i.e. Lupin, McGonagall, Fake Moody, Sprout, etc.) as well as his experiences and friendship with Harry Potter, and others of Dumbledore's Army. 

He possesses a strong sense of loyalty to friends and loved ones.  There is very little he will do for those he considers close to him, often going above and beyond.  And with his friends and family, he is not afraid to speak his mind and stand up for what is, in his opinion, right and wrong.

And yet, though as strong and friendly as he may appear, changed over the years, fear and the past still have a firm hold upon him and his decisions.  It was largely why he chose to leave the Auror service.  True, he had said that it was his desire to leave in order to pursue the vacant Herbology post, but deep down, it was the fear of what had happened to his parents, the famed Aurors, and the dangers they faced and succumbed to, that helped to fuel his decision.  Fear of the past has also helped to reinforce his apprehension of having children, which is the true reason why he and his former wife, Hannah, are no longer together.

While what brought them together, forged over the years in the beginning through letters and that kinship formed over the suffering of parents and loved ones by Death Eaters, for a time both of them hesitant to bring children into a world even after the demise of the Dark Lord, over time, it only strained their relationship.  Hannah wanted children, wanted to be a mother, and Neville's hesitation, his apprehension, of becoming a parent, not wanting his children to endure what he, and so many others left parent-less by War.  It drove Hannah to drink, straining the relationship between them until it was irreparable. 

He masks his emotions and feelings well enough.  Putting his thoughts and true feelings behind a wall of positivity and confidence.  While he may appear to be changed, turned into the confident young man, deep down, he is still the frightened young boy who still struggles with his fear and the past.

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 06:41:48 PM
Yay! I'm glad you like her. And yes please any help with the picture would be greatly appreciated as I am very rusty at getting something decent up photo/banner wise.

Let me know when you've picked a face claim,  and I'll Jimmy rig something up for you.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 17, 2015, 07:44:33 PM
Neville Longbottom - Character Submission

Name:  Neville Longbottom

Sexuality:  Heterosexual

Blood status:  Pure Blood

Occupation:  Professor of Herbology, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Marital Status:  Divorced recently to Hannah Abbot.  Single.

Children:  None

Hobbies:  Herbology.  Reading.   Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Travelling.

Post War Bio:  After the Second Wizarding War, Neville, like a number of those who fought, entered the Auror Service in order to help track down and capture the remaining supporters of You-Know-Who.  For a time, he did his part, helping to clean up the remnants of the Dark Lord's supporters.  Eventually, however, he left the Auror Department, and took up a teaching position at Hogwarts, after the retirement of Professor Sprout, to become the school's new Herbology Professor.  After a courtship that had quietly taken place during the final months of You-Know-Who's reign, and afterwards, he married Hannah Abbot.  Their relationship lasted a short time before divorce struck.  Rumors have been abound about the couple's marriage, and the talk of both becoming increasingly dependent upon firewhiskey, as reported by Rita Skeeter.  See Personality Section for Further Details

Personality:   Though there have been rumor and talk of a possible alcohol dependency, Neville shows nothing of the sort.  He can be a friendly presence, even lively at times, but shows no loss of his facilities.

While at school, he may have been a quiet young boy, nervous and forgetful, but the changing of times and difficulties of life have changed and molded him into the opposite.  He is more confident than he ever had been before, strong and quick of mind.  Earlier struggles with his self-confidence have been obliterated, due largely in part by past professors (i.e. Lupin, McGonagall, Fake Moody, Sprout, etc.) as well as his experiences and friendship with Harry Potter, and others of Dumbledore's Army. 

He possesses a strong sense of loyalty to friends and loved ones.  There is very little he will do for those he considers close to him, often going above and beyond.  And with his friends and family, he is not afraid to speak his mind and stand up for what is, in his opinion, right and wrong.

And yet, though as strong and friendly as he may appear, changed over the years, fear and the past still have a firm hold upon him and his decisions.  It was largely why he chose to leave the Auror service.  True, he had said that it was his desire to leave in order to pursue the vacant Herbology post, but deep down, it was the fear of what had happened to his parents, the famed Aurors, and the dangers they faced and succumbed to, that helped to fuel his decision.  Fear of the past has also helped to reinforce his apprehension of having children, which is the true reason why he and his former wife, Hannah, are no longer together.

While what brought them together, forged over the years in the beginning through letters and that kinship formed over the suffering of parents and loved ones by Death Eaters, for a time both of them hesitant to bring children into a world even after the demise of the Dark Lord, over time, it only strained their relationship.  Hannah wanted children, wanted to be a mother, and Neville's hesitation, his apprehension, of becoming a parent, not wanting his children to endure what he, and so many others left parent-less by War.  It drove Hannah to drink, straining the relationship between them until it was irreparable. 

He masks his emotions and feelings well enough.  Putting his thoughts and true feelings behind a wall of positivity and confidence.  While he may appear to be changed, turned into the confident young man, deep down, he is still the frightened young boy who still struggles with his fear and the past.

Your freaking picture of Neville had me drooling.  Man did that not grow into his...everything!  Approval is definitely given.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 17, 2015, 07:57:14 PM
Your freaking picture of Neville had me drooling.  Man did that not grow into his...everything!  Approval is definitely given.

Woot woot!

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

All my typo's are the fault of my phones auto-correct.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 17, 2015, 07:57:14 PM
Let me know when you've picked a face claim,  and I'll Jimmy rig something up for you.

I have decided to go with the Hermione in my head which is Emma Watson though I lean more toward the book version of her than the film one.

Remind me to keep Hermione away from Neville unless there are other people around...you know just in case...he might need an old friend to talk to, yes that's it talk to! Is it me or is it warm in here?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 08:13:18 PM
I have decided to go with the Hermione in my head which is Emma Watson though I lean more toward the book version of her than the film one.

Remind me to keep Hermione away from Neville unless there are other people around...you know just in case...he might need an old friend to talk to, yes that's it talk to! Is it me or is it warm in here?

I could have gone with these as the pics...

Seeking New Stories

PreciousPetra

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 17, 2015, 08:20:05 PM
I could have gone with these as the pics...

Now your just being a tease!!!!

If his female students do not crush on him they are out of their minds because well they didn't have Professors like that when he and Hermione were at Hogwarts! As for Miss Granger she just needs to remember how he looked when he was 11 and walking around holding Trevor...that should do it as long as she doesn't see him without his trousers, she has a thing for hairy men haha!

I'm sending Hermione and her muse to bed to sleep now!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 08:30:03 PM
Now your just being a tease!!!!

If his female students do not crush on him they are out of their minds because well they didn't have Professors like that when he and Hermione were at Hogwarts! As for Miss Granger she just needs to remember how he looked when he was 11 and walking around holding Trevor...that should do it as long as she doesn't see him without his trousers, she has a thing for hairy men haha!

I'm sending Hermione and her muse to bed to sleep now!

Haha!!!  Well, he is single and ready to mingle.

I always liked to think that Neville had something of a slight crush, infatuation, whatever, for Hermione.  Getting her help with stuff in classes, asking her to the Yule Ball and getting rejected, etc.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Not Emma Watson, but I was having fun looking up possible Hermione faceclaims and came up with this.

Golden Spider

Crash

Roen

Amber Tamblyn would also make a nice Hermione... Not British, though :P

I like Neville's CS, kinda hard to read with that picture hanging right next to it >_> I love how you kept him a teacher at Hogwarts. Hetero, though... Shame :P would have loved having Harry stumble, mumble and bumble all over... Err, around him ;)

-Nathan Alterman.

Crash

Wow very different than before.  Much darker and more serious it seems.

Golden Spider

Crash

Quote from: Roen on August 17, 2015, 10:50:42 PM
Amber Tamblyn would also make a nice Hermione...

Always though she was a real cutie.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Roen

Hey Raven!

I don't think she is yet, but she is divorced with two kids to raise :P

-Nathan Alterman.

Crash

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 18, 2015, 10:40:12 AM
Dis, is Ginny taken?

Quote from: Roen on August 18, 2015, 10:48:41 AM
Hey Raven!

I don't think she is yet, but she is divorced with two kids to raise :P

Raven - Roen is correct.  She is available last I knew but it would be good to look at Harry's character sheet.  She is a divorced mother of two at the moment.

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

Crash

I guess I just meant the change from somewhat sympathetic jilted Pansy to truly understanding her evil actions Pansy when I said serious.  She was a little more of a darkly humorous character before.  Not that this is a bad thing, what is important is you like the changes.  Since you are generally awesome I do not question your changes. ;)

PreciousPetra

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 17, 2015, 08:35:46 PM
Haha!!!  Well, he is single and ready to mingle.

I always liked to think that Neville had something of a slight crush, infatuation, whatever, for Hermione.  Getting her help with stuff in classes, asking her to the Yule Ball and getting rejected, etc.

Ah she always liked to help him especially in potions as she knew how terrified he seemed of Professor Snape. I'm sure as old friends they can meet up for a catch up and a butterbeer...though not where his ex wife is the landlady!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 17, 2015, 08:13:18 PM

Okay, just woke up from a late night out with friends, so I'll do your picture today.

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 18, 2015, 10:40:12 AM
Dis, is Ginny taken?

She is not taken. Also, Ravennnnnnnn, Mi amore, amigo!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 18, 2015, 02:24:49 PM
Okay, just woke up from a late night out with friends, so I'll do your picture today.

Thank you kindly Dis :-)

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Crash on August 18, 2015, 11:26:17 AM
Raven - Roen is correct.  She is available last I knew but it would be good to look at Harry's character sheet.  She is a divorced mother of two at the moment.

I like that angle, actually.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Crash

undisclosedtoyou

And I did the thing, with the help of one awesomeeeee Amelita!  Like seriously, everyone should give her props for walking me through making this!

It's far from perfect, so I apologize for that!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

Once I get caught up on work, I will work on her sheet.

PreciousPetra

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 18, 2015, 04:57:37 PM
And I did the thing, with the help of one awesomeeeee Amelita!  Like seriously, everyone should give her props for walking me through making this!

It's far from perfect, so I apologize for that!

Awww thank you Dis and also Amelita too! It's great and so kind o you :-)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 18, 2015, 05:29:00 PM
Once I get caught up on work, I will work on her sheet.

Good!  Lol

Is definitely no problem Petra.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 18, 2015, 05:37:18 PM
So dis and Petra are you ladies ok with the updated sheet I made for pansy? If so I will copy it to the sheets thread.

It's all fine by me too Red :-)

undisclosedtoyou

Soooo, I'm thinking of adding onto Draco's profession.  He would have modeled for a few years before opening up a tea room.  I really like the idea of this snarky, unlikeable asshole who knits and owns a tea toom.  I want everything to point towards him being this sissy, but in reality he's this smart mouthed piece of work, who's all man, just...a but fastidious.  Opinions?

Also, this in no way changes the plotting between Padma and Draco XD
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

I am actually thinking that Padma isn't fitting in to well with the group we currently have.  No fault of anyone I'm just not seeing anything but forcing interactions and that tends to kill characters for me.

undisclosedtoyou

Awww, but her relationship with Draco was so entertaining to think about! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 18, 2015, 09:32:58 PM
*Pansy scoffs and mutters*

He is!  I mean, technically speaking, there isn't one way for a real man to behave, so all men are all man to me.  But Draco is definitely all man! ;)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

So the opening event will be a wedding reception!  I'm thinking it'll be the wedding of Blaise Zabini, but I'm unsure about who the other person should be.  Any suggestions?  I'm thinking this person would have to be someone who was friendly with the "good" characters.  That way we have a reason for everyone who have been invited.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 18, 2015, 10:32:36 PM
So the opening event will be a wedding reception!  I'm thinking it'll be the wedding of Blaise Zabini, but I'm unsure about who the other person should be.  Any suggestions?  I'm thinking this person would have to be someone who was friendly with the "good" characters.  That way we have a reason for everyone who have been invited.

I'd go with a D.A. member.

I think everyone who is a "good guy" character was in the D.A. 

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 18, 2015, 10:43:12 PM
Katie Bell? No particular reason she's just a named character that isn't claimed. xD

Yes I agree, sorry I get impatient to get in character. ^_^

XD  No worries!

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 18, 2015, 10:45:06 PM
Marietta Edgecombe?

I don't think she has very many friends left from the DA, since she betrayed them to Umbridge.  But good suggestion!

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 18, 2015, 10:45:36 PM
I'd go with a D.A. member.

I think everyone who is a "good guy" character was in the D.A. 

Mhm, I'm perusing the list of DA members right now!

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 18, 2015, 10:43:12 PM
Katie Bell? No particular reason she's just a named character that isn't claimed. xD

Yes I agree, sorry I get impatient to get in character. ^_^

I could go with Katie Bell.  Would that work for everyone else?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 18, 2015, 10:54:32 PM
I don't think she has very many friends left from the DA, since she betrayed them to Umbridge.  But good suggestion!

Mhm, I'm perusing the list of DA members right now!

I could go with Katie Bell.  Would that work for everyone else?

Katie Bell works for me.

Also, I'm working on my sheet (written by hand), but it's about halfway done.  If not up tonight, will be up tomorrow or early Thursday.  Depends on how fast my fingers and transcription go.

Crash

undisclosedtoyou

So the unlikely union of Zabini and Bell will be on like donkey kong!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Sweet. I can't wait to play my Luna. She is going to have so much fun mercilessly teasing Neville and Hermione. *wicked grin*

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 18, 2015, 11:25:00 PM
Sweet. I can't wait to play my Luna. She is going to have so much fun mercilessly teasing Neville and Hermione. *wicked grin*

Spider, you haven't posted your sheet up in the character sheet thread yet.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Katey Bell works out great. A member of the old Quidditch team (captain at some point as well) and a DA member, Harry would have no excuse to shy away from this one. Plus, probably gotta be there to make sure Pansy doesn't do... Well, anything :P

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 18, 2015, 09:02:27 PM
Soooo, I'm thinking of adding onto Draco's profession.  He would have modeled for a few years before opening up a tea room.  I really like the idea of this snarky, unlikeable asshole who knits and owns a tea toom.  I want everything to point towards him being this sissy, but in reality he's this smart mouthed piece of work, who's all man, just...a but fastidious.  Opinions?

Hahaha! I'd love to see Harry stumbling upon this place, with all the delicate tea ware and the knitwork on the walls, seeing Draco standing there with his apron on and be all "...Bloody hell.  ???"

-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Roen on August 19, 2015, 12:01:55 AM
Hahaha! I'd love to see Harry stumbling upon this place, with all the delicate tea ware and the knitwork on the walls, seeing Draco standing there with his apron on and be all "...Bloody hell.  ???"

Draco would raise a brow and be all, "I know you were raised in a barn, but has nobody ever told you that it's impolite to stare, Potter?"

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Hehe, can't wait, gonna be awesome.

By the way- Kristen Bell for Katie Bell?

Also, can we have an OOC thread pretty please? :P

-Nathan Alterman.

Golden Spider

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 18, 2015, 11:59:50 PM
Spider, you haven't posted your sheet up in the character sheet thread yet.

I haven't? My bad ill go do that now before I forget.

PreciousPetra

Quote from: Roen on August 19, 2015, 12:01:55 AM
Katey Bell works out great. A member of the old Quidditch team (captain at some point as well) and a DA member, Harry would have no excuse to shy away from this one. Plus, probably gotta be there to make sure Pansy doesn't do... Well, anything :P

Don't worry I'm sure Harry and Hermione can restrain her if they need to...nice and quietly though so not to disturb the happy couples big day! haha

Roen

Would be kinda funny if they start bickering and fighting and then looking at Harry to pick a side :P

-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

Ceravan, I want your Charlie Weasley, -cough- I mean, how's your sheet going?

Quote from: Roen on August 19, 2015, 01:49:26 AM

Also, can we have an OOC thread pretty please? :P

I was going to wait for the Charlie sheet to go up, but I can put something together.

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 19, 2015, 09:34:40 AM
Don't worry I'm sure Harry and Hermione can restrain her if they need to...nice and quietly though so not to disturb the happy couples big day! haha

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 19, 2015, 02:51:50 PM
Restrain eh? I thought hermione was straight. :D

That's funny because my mind didn't go to a sexual place, I legit thought Hermione would restrain her for the real purpose of keeping her from causing trouble.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 19, 2015, 02:51:50 PM
Restrain eh? I thought hermione was straight. :D

Haha she is straight. I meant the kind of restraint to prevent her making a scene or harming herself or anyone else if she was so inclined. And if push comes to shove she is still crack hot at a full body bind. For references please speak to Professor Neville Longbottom!  :D ;)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 19, 2015, 04:42:21 PM
Haha she is straight. I meant the kind of restraint to prevent her making a scene or harming herself or anyone else if she was so inclined. And if push comes to shove she is still crack hot at a full body bind. For references please speak to Professor Neville Longbottom!  :D ;)

Bwahaha

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

I'm thinking of puns for Draco's tea room, and Et tu Brutea? sounds oddly satisfying!  Lmao. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Alright everyone, so we now have two new threads up.  The first one is going to be our OOC thread, which will strictly be for important questions/plotting/notifications and the such, and than we have our Chatting thread, which will be for chatting between players.  We're still recruiting for characters, so please post in here every once in a while so we can catch more people.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

We need a few more characters for me to open the IC threads.  So if anyone is interested, come on in!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

For approval, let me know if anything needs to be tweaked, Dis!

Ginny Weasley Potter

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Occupation: Recruiter, Ministry of Magic, Department of Magical Sports and Games
Marital Status: Divorced from Harry Potter, newly single.
Hobbies: Quidditch, gardening, reading muggle classical literature, travelling
Post War Bio:  Being the wife of Harry Potter (aka The Boy Who Lived, aka The Chosen One) and a professional Chaser for the Holyhead Harpies seemed like a dream come true, at least that’s what she had believed and everyone told her.  In reality, once the shine of the spotlights in the wake of the Second Wizarding War turned off, she was left with a husband and two small children, a burgeoning career, and no compass in life.  The idea she had built for herself, she supposed, had been a lie.  Her friend, her confidante, her lover, the great Harry Potter, had been replaced by an unravelling, paranoid, conspiracy theory chasing madman who she barely saw, even when the Harpies weren’t playing away.  She missed her family and she missed the friends she had slipped away from in the chaos that had ensued after they had all become heroes.

She wanted her life back.  So one day she took it.

She left their home and their life, if you could call the mockery of their love a home, and took their children to the home she thought theirs would be, but wasn’t.  Back to Devon and the Burrow.  Molly, of course, was nothing but shocked but asked only enough questions to understand.  Ron, though angry, reminded his sister to be herself and not to let the split get her down.  It was soon after that he stopped taking Harry’s calls and family solidarity kicked in.  She and Molly fell into old habits at the Burrow, tidying and even gardening together--though with the aid of magic, weeding became a much easier task than the one remembered from her childhood and she grew to love the quiet.  Arthur, in his own bid to cheer up his daughter, began bringing home oddities from work, including old tomes half falling apart, that included classical muggle literature and, while he couldn’t make heads or tails of it, Ginny found herself looking forward to the evenings after her boys were asleep so she could dive into the worlds of Jane Eyre or Margaret Hale or Cathy Earnshaw.

All the distractions heaped on her by family made her realize that maybe Harry could not live up to expectations in quiet moments, that adrenaline and sensationalism were what fueled his purpose in life.  For the Chosen One, maybe mundanity was too much stress to be “normal” and fit in.  But it was something that was needed for family.  She found she couldn’t hold his passion for his work, or the crazy theories, against him, it just didn’t work when he made love to his theories instead of her.

Since their divorce, she has settled close to the Burrow to give the boys stability with family and has taken up a job at the Ministry since her recent retirement.  She now is a recruitment officer that is often at Hogwarts or other magical schools during Orientation or Quidditch matches, but always home for dinner, and always to bed at ten (or thereabouts).

Personality:  Ginny is and always has been a fun-loving, boisterous girl with a heart of gold and a wicked sense of humor.  She loves with all she has and gives what she can, even if it means the last piece of pie she really wanted.  She is happiest, now, curled up in front of a fire with her sons and a good book, but she is not far off from the adrenaline junkie that was daredevil enough to sneak broom practice from the gardening shed as a child.  She still tries to instill a love of quidditch in the young impressionables that she visits as well as foster a passion for the outdoors and the possibility of friendship that games can cement.

She loves the fresh air of home, as well as the crisper chilly air that circulates above Hogwarts, but she can just as easily blend in while in the closer air of London--muggle or magical.  She’s kept an eye for a bargain, one instilled in her since childhood, but she uses it to her best advantage and has endeavored to always seem stylish in spite of whatever ridiculous price she may have found it at (or haggled the shopkeeper down to).

She is also kind and always willing to stop and talk to (especially) young fans that might remember her from the Harpies, or look up to her because of it.  She also visits St. Mungo’s regularly to visit the children’s ward and (quietly) the Longbottoms and Gilderoy Lockhart.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 20, 2015, 10:41:17 PM
For approval, let me know if anything needs to be tweaked, Dis!

Ginny Weasley Potter

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Occupation: Recruiter, Ministry of Magic, Department of Magical Sports and Games
Marital Status: Divorced from Harry Potter, newly single.
Hobbies: Quidditch, gardening, reading muggle classical literature, travelling
Post War Bio:  Being the wife of Harry Potter (aka The Boy Who Lived, aka The Chosen One) and a professional Chaser for the Holyhead Harpies seemed like a dream come true, at least that’s what she had believed and everyone told her.  In reality, once the shine of the spotlights in the wake of the Second Wizarding War turned off, she was left with a husband and two small children, a burgeoning career, and no compass in life.  The idea she had built for herself, she supposed, had been a lie.  Her friend, her confidante, her lover, the great Harry Potter, had been replaced by an unravelling, paranoid, conspiracy theory chasing madman who she barely saw, even when the Harpies weren’t playing away.  She missed her family and she missed the friends she had slipped away from in the chaos that had ensued after they had all become heroes.

She wanted her life back.  So one day she took it.

She left their home and their life, if you could call the mockery of their love a home, and took their children to the home she thought theirs would be, but wasn’t.  Back to Devon and the Burrow.  Molly, of course, was nothing but shocked but asked only enough questions to understand.  Ron, though angry, reminded his sister to be herself and not to let the split get her down.  It was soon after that he stopped taking Harry’s calls and family solidarity kicked in.  She and Molly fell into old habits at the Burrow, tidying and even gardening together--though with the aid of magic, weeding became a much easier task than the one remembered from her childhood and she grew to love the quiet.  Arthur, in his own bid to cheer up his daughter, began bringing home oddities from work, including old tomes half falling apart, that included classical muggle literature and, while he couldn’t make heads or tails of it, Ginny found herself looking forward to the evenings after her boys were asleep so she could dive into the worlds of Jane Eyre or Margaret Hale or Cathy Earnshaw.

All the distractions heaped on her by family made her realize that maybe Harry could not live up to expectations in quiet moments, that adrenaline and sensationalism were what fueled his purpose in life.  For the Chosen One, maybe mundanity was too much stress to be “normal” and fit in.  But it was something that was needed for family.  She found she couldn’t hold his passion for his work, or the crazy theories, against him, it just didn’t work when he made love to his theories instead of her.

Since their divorce, she has settled close to the Burrow to give the boys stability with family and has taken up a job at the Ministry since her recent retirement.  She now is a recruitment officer that is often at Hogwarts or other magical schools during Orientation or Quidditch matches, but always home for dinner, and always to bed at ten (or thereabouts).

Personality:  Ginny is and always has been a fun-loving, boisterous girl with a heart of gold and a wicked sense of humor.  She loves with all she has and gives what she can, even if it means the last piece of pie she really wanted.  She is happiest, now, curled up in front of a fire with her sons and a good book, but she is not far off from the adrenaline junkie that was daredevil enough to sneak broom practice from the gardening shed as a child.  She still tries to instill a love of quidditch in the young impressionables that she visits as well as foster a passion for the outdoors and the possibility of friendship that games can cement.

She loves the fresh air of home, as well as the crisper chilly air that circulates above Hogwarts, but she can just as easily blend in while in the closer air of London--muggle or magical.  She’s kept an eye for a bargain, one instilled in her since childhood, but she uses it to her best advantage and has endeavored to always seem stylish in spite of whatever ridiculous price she may have found it at (or haggled the shopkeeper down to).

She is also kind and always willing to stop and talk to (especially) young fans that might remember her from the Harpies, or look up to her because of it.  She also visits St. Mungo’s regularly to visit the children’s ward and (quietly) the Longbottoms and Gilderoy Lockhart.

So you know, that I know, that you know, that I'm going to approve this.  So yes, go on and post it in our character thread!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

I know my Hermione is not married to Ronald but she does have quite a past with him so I would LOVE to be able to tempt someone who might see this thread to decide they would like to play him.

Harry and Hermione still need him! Er granted he and Harry are not speaking but that might change in time! Come on Ron Weasley we will treat you to cream cakes and stuff in Draco's tea room! We know how much he likes his food our Ron!

rotburn

I heard someone needed a Ron.
I checked out all the threads to push myself up to date, although Ron is a bit of the 'butt of the joke' side in here huh?
Poor bloke.
;)

rotburn

He was wasn't he?
Ah, well when life gives you a redhead... you've found a friend that'll hold your beer in one hand and swing a fist with the other for you.
The Golden Trio can't be complete without him.

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 04:31:29 PM
I checked out all the threads to push myself up to date, although Ron is a bit of the 'butt of the joke' side in here huh?
Poor bloke.
;)

He can be whatever you want him to be, that's the point here :P
I'd love to have an active Ron in this, dunno if you've read Harry's CS, but they had a bit of a falling out.
Hopefully their friendship can be redeemed in the game!

-Nathan Alterman.

PreciousPetra

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 04:31:29 PM
Poor bloke.
;)

Greetings!

You may have seen Hermione and Ron did go with canon romance wise with the final battle kiss and also a fling afterwards. Hermione decided it wasn't working but I didn't comment on how Ron took it so if we were lucky enough to get a Ron they could choose for themselves how he felt and feels about her now. Maybe he still wants her, another woman or maybe he wants another man instead!!! Choice is up to whoever plays him...but yes the golden trio will not be the same with one missing!

rotburn

Indeed. Thank you Roen, (from the bottom of my shriveled black heart) for choosing Hugh Dancy as Harry Potter. Both the HP world and the TV Hannibal Series ARE my top two favorites of all time.
*I bow to you.
As for the friendship... we shall see :P

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 22, 2015, 04:57:13 PM
Greetings!

You may have seen Hermione and Ron did go with canon romance wise with the final battle kiss and also a fling afterwards. Hermione decided it wasn't working but I didn't comment on how Ron took it so if we were lucky enough to get a Ron they could choose for themselves how he felt and feels about her now. Maybe he still wants her, another woman or maybe he wants another man instead!!! Choice is up to whoever plays him...but yes the golden trio will not be the same with one missing!

Sounds good to me. I wasn't a huge Ron/Hermione fan myself. I think it's a wicked idea to see how the old team reacts when they come back together. Secretly, I'm thinking that Ronald took it bad from Hermione... and the fact that he had a falling out with his best mate Harry will have made him somewhat sour over the years. Still trying to get a deeper feel of the character, so be assured when I say that I'll check out the profile's already updated.

PreciousPetra

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 05:02:47 PM
Sounds good to me. I wasn't a huge Ron/Hermione fan myself. I think it's a wicked idea to see how the old team reacts when they come back together. Secretly, I'm thinking that Ronald took it bad from Hermione... and the fact that he had a falling out with his best mate Harry will have made him somewhat sour over the years. Still trying to get a deeper feel of the character, so be assured when I say that I'll check out the profile's already updated.

Well we all know Hermione should have married Harry in the books but we also all could tell she was going to end up with Ron. Had I been writing it I would have been more shocking and had her remain single a while and then end up with a Slitherin haha.

Please do take your time and read through everything but if you want to ask me anything about the fling they had or to bash out how things ended between them, how things are now and any plot possibilities just drop me a PM  :-)

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 05:02:47 PM
Indeed. Thank you Roen, (from the bottom of my shriveled black heart) for choosing Hugh Dancy as Harry Potter. Both the HP world and the TV Hannibal Series ARE my top two favorites of all time.
*I bow to you.
As for the friendship... we shall see :P
Less than friends? ...More than friends?  ::)
Now we're delving into the world of HP slashes  ;D

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Quote from: PreciousPetra on August 22, 2015, 05:13:26 PM
Well we all know Hermione should have married Harry in the books but we also all could tell she was going to end up with Ron. Had I been writing it I would have been more shocking and had her remain single a while and then end up with a Slitherin haha.

Please do take your time and read through everything but if you want to ask me anything about the fling they had or to bash out how things ended between them, how things are now and any plot possibilities just drop me a PM  :-)

Understood. I'll PM you in a bit, still searching for a suitable pic.

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 05:22:56 PM
Less than friends? ...More than friends?  ::)
Now we're delving into the world of HP slashes  ;D

I am the epitome of HP slashes -ha! I was going to put his orientation as: Conflicted

Roen

-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

rotburn

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 05:36:59 PM
You.
*points*
Awesome.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 22, 2015, 06:22:45 PM
Posting from a baby shower, just to agree with This.

*gobbles up points and leaves pictures to choose from...

Harm Verwegen?

Alfie Allen?

randoms:

Any others? I'm not all that updated on celebrities or models.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

rotburn

rotburn

I shouldn't have posted so many choices.  8-)

But I've come across the difficult possibilities of occupations now.
Hit Wizard, Magizoologist, and Metal Charmer.
I can see him being the type to throw himself into danger as a Hit Wizard, to wrestle and tackle off magical creatures with studying them, or to take a different turn as a Metal Charmer suckered into the dark community.
What say the masses? Want to see a darker side to ginger?

rotburn

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 22, 2015, 07:52:19 PM
Pansy needs an evil buddy. So yes! :D

Alright, then that decides it. A wayward Weasley falling into the wrong crowd trying to sell his skills.

Golden Spider

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 07:59:15 PM
Alright, then that decides it. A wayward Weasley falling into the wrong crowd trying to sell his skills.

hmm, if we was a magizooligist I could've seen him and Luna becoming good friends

The Dark Raven

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 07:59:15 PM

Rotburn!

*hugs!*

I have Ginny so if you wanna plot let me know :)

rotburn

<u< HEY Raven!
It's been awhile. Everything has changed to extremes!
I'll send you a PM...

The Dark Raven

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 08:54:57 PM
<u< HEY Raven!
It's been awhile. Everything has changed to extremes!
I'll send you a PM...

Yes'm :)

undisclosedtoyou

The Charlie Weasely, and Patil characters are open for new players to take up.  Also, if someone plays Charlie, I'll be super happy!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 22, 2015, 08:31:00 PM
hmm, if we was a magizooligist I could've seen him and Luna becoming good friends

OMG yes!  If Ron was a magizooligist, that would make my inner fangirl want to squeeze him!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 22, 2015, 06:59:05 PM
*gobbles up points and leaves pictures to choose from...

Would be my pick, because he's so delicious >_>

Also, err...

How about-

He might be a little old, but he doesn't look old :P And he has a great ass, and he's a ginger!

-Nathan Alterman.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: rotburn on August 23, 2015, 09:16:15 AM
<_< I already made him, sorry undisclosed...
Is this an acceptable Ron?

Ronald Bilius Weasley
Sexuality: Conflicted
Blood Status: Pure Blood
Martial Status: Single and Proud
Hobbies: Tinkering with junk/ Cage fighting/ Binge drinking/ One night stands/ Dragon's Breath addict

Post War Bio:
Ronald sometimes contemplates on where his life spiraled from. Was it the moment Hermione broke it off with him just recently after the war ended? Or had it been the time he and Harry had such an explosive argument when the man divorced his baby sister? Possibly... it started before then, when his low self-confidence and envious nature always reared its ugly head. He thought he'd be content in the fact that everything was over and everyone split to opposite paths. There was going to be opportunity in his life like all of his older brothers. Except reality is harsher...

He failed out of an apprenticeship for Metal Charming and slunk back home. It was inspiration from his father, that Ron started taking apart muggle objects and turning them into magical devices. Never will he forget the first time he tried to sell something either; the shop-owner had laughed outright and told him to get the hell out. Desperate, the male found himself teetering through the darker streets of Knockturn Alley. He learned that certain constructions were useful crafting, such as; bombs, magical detectors, alarms, and other illegal creations. It went against his morals at first, but he soon caved in the pressure of needing some sort of income.

Nothing is stable in his life now. Ron takes jobs from anyone who'll purchase his work or services. He uses the money for food, clothes, and entertainment. The Weasley male pretty much lives on the street, and most of his activity is during the night. Besides trying to sell his secondhand items, Ronald goes down to the hush-hush places and lets off steam within a cage fighting ring or knocking back brews at the pubs. Every once in awhile when he can clean out his system, Ron goes and visits his family with what little he can afford presents for nieces and nephews. He's also turned into the new handyman for his mother to set to work if he sticks around too long at the Burrow.

Throughout the years of him toughening up and darkening down, the redhead found himself addicted to a Wizarding Smoke called Dragon's Breath. It tore his life up for a bit until he found a steady supplier and patron in Pansy Parkinson. Now as her thug and less enjoyable confidant, the man kicks his feet up at her digs whenever he's not beating the pavement selling on the black market.

Personality: Temperamental, Bitter, and Paranoid.

I'm going to PM you so we can go over your sheet in privé.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's