Shout box changes

Started by Cherri Tart, March 02, 2009, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldRanger

FYI...That's been happening occasionally for me as well.

Vekseid

0 basically means your computer was too impatient.

4xx means something could not be found or accessed... 403, 404, etc. Should never see this.
500 means something is up with the php call... you shouldn't see this except under extremely heavy load.
503 usually means I'm restarting the database.

Cherri Tart

eek! now the SB has just disappeared! lol - this is starting to get kind of funny, actually...
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Vekseid

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 07, 2009, 04:20:50 PM
eek! now the SB has just disappeared! lol - this is starting to get kind of funny, actually...

It can blank from time to time, just start typing in the box. : )

Apple of Eris

Ooooh! *raises hand*

For me, the SB keeps like, freezing. For a bit it automagically shows new messages and then it just... stops. And I have to refresh the browser to see the messages. Not a big deal really, but kinda odd.

I have a high speed connection and I'm using uhm... IE 7.0.6001.18000
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Vekseid

That's rather common, you can get it to restart normally by typing int the box. It's actually a bit of a  feature else we'd be getting hammered hard >_>

Prefect Mos

Is this a situation that's, "We have a great new server, but its already time to start planning the next one?" cause if it is im cool with that, Im hoping that work picks up so I can donate money, Or since I work at MS and we throw good crap out all the time perhaps even find a server and rescue it from PC recycle (purchase from PCR) .

Vekseid

Quote from: AdmerWill on March 07, 2009, 07:33:14 PM
Is this a situation that's, "We have a great new server, but its already time to start planning the next one?" cause if it is im cool with that, Im hoping that work picks up so I can donate money, Or since I work at MS and we throw good crap out all the time perhaps even find a server and rescue it from PC recycle (purchase from PCR) .

...not unless someone is planning to donate several thousand dollars. I would appreciate that, to be sure >_>

But no, I plan on having this server last us quite awhile.

Apple of Eris

OOOOOH! OOOOH! PICK ME! PICK ME! I HAVE A QUESTION!

Eh... sorry.

So, how many character/lines of text can one enter into a singleShoutBox 'post'? I'm... curious :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Oniya

If a recent post by RandomBloke is any indication, 572 characters.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

999 characters, but some symbols will take up more than one character.

Oniya

I guess RandomBloke got tired of holding down the 'o' key.   ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17