Minecraft Question!

Started by persephone325, September 15, 2014, 04:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

So, I suck at building nice houses in Minecraft. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good website tutorials to help build nice houses? Specifically, I want to try and build a Japanese style house. ^^ (Surprise, surprise! lol)

I don't want a map pack to download or anything. I want to be able to to it myself.

Thanks!
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

BAMF

I know I've seen some floor plans with layer by layer outlines on DeviantArt for castles at least. Not sure if you'll find anything Japanese, but it might be a good starting place?
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

River

Funny how I find this now...

I've been struggling to figure out how my mountainside home should look like.

What you can do is go on Youtube, and search for the particular building you like. :) I've seen tons of Asian Temples and such on Youtube and the Official Minecraft Forums.
𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗌: Open to suggestions for future scenarios.
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌
𝖥𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗒: within 48-72 hours.

Oniya

I don't know about 'Asian style', but for house-building tips in general (as in, getting the house to look good and be functional), there's a YTer named Tyken132 who has some great vids.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Missy

My suggestion is to look around on Planet Minecraft to see if there's anything available there to help you. I did a bit of peeking to see if I wasn't sending you in the complete wrong direction and I was able to find this which might help you out if your goal is to improve your building skills over the long term.

I'm not sure if there's any sort of schematic or tutorial for a specific house . . . though you might check and see if there's anything posted you can download and add into your world with mcedit perhaps?

The Dark Raven

Step 1: Build a "quickie house" to keep the creepers out.

Step 2: Do what they said. ;)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Isonaroc

YouTube can also be an amazing source for minecraft ideas, and there are a lot of how to videos that can give inspiration that you can use to make all sorts of new and interesting things.