Looking for: Small to Large PF group, Players/Dm

Started by OyabunKobold, December 02, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

So I have a small itch I need scratched and thats giving my Slyph Sniper some attention via a game.

I currently have Her built Sans Description/personality/background/equipment for levels 1-20 and thus would be willing to roll for anything be it a Homebrew world/module/Dm's Decision. I would like this to be a Group Adventure/campaign of anywhere from 3 or more in size Ill leave the size up to the Dm's Discretion

Shes not a Normal Slyph but She is balanced towards the core races that have 10-11 RP builds.

Slyph changes: (moving it from 6 rp to 10 rp)

Flexible (+1 RP): +2 Dex +2 Int
Small Size
Swift as Shadows (3 RP): -5 DC Stealth for moving full speed -4 Dc for sniping Stealth

She is currently built For 25 Point buy as well as having Breeze-Kissed Like the wind and Swift as wind Alternate Racial traits from the Slyph race.

She can easily be run 20 or 30 point buy and without the Like the wind Trait change if the Dm would want her to be And I can use the Normal Slyph as well if its too much of a problem.

Just looking for a home to meander her around in and give her and her muse some attention  ;D

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OyabunKobold

Sweet so 2 players so far :3 and a lot of views mayhaps this is a possible thing.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

OyabunKobold

So a Quick update:

We have 3 players interested in running an adventure counting myself 1 from here 1 from a pm were looking for a Dm and maybe another player to round out the group.

Only thing to add to the Dm as per request of one of the players is that the Dm be willing to give the roleplay their attention and stick around so as to not have another roleplay just suddenly die without warning.

OyabunKobold

I'm not sure if we have 3 people still wanting to run but I myself am interested in giving my Sylph a play-through so I'm still looking for a dm/partners in crime :D

OyabunKobold

just a minor bump showing continued interest in finding a group for my sylph

LuciferOs

What section would this be in / and how sex focused would this game be ?

I may be interested but I am not sure if I am of the tastes that others expect in a female player (have a look at my ons and offs) and I do like playing with heavy sexual themes.

Hi there

That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Mantis Shrimp Prime

I've always been interested in doing some Pathfinder lately...
You still looking for a GM?

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Tentative interest as GM then... depending on what exactly potential players are interested in and expect from a DM in this case.

Blinkin

I'll put out tentitive interest, depending on the scenario offered and the party make-up. I'll admit that I'm not really thrilled with a game set uparound one character, but we'll see what hppens.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

OyabunKobold

Lets get down to replies.

@ Luci

I would expect that this would be somewhat high up in the ratings Im not exactly sure how high to be honest. As for a Sexually charged game I wouldnt mind if it is but personally i try to drift away from mostly sex driven games.

That being said it would be up to the DM more than me on how sexual the game is.

@Mantis

Why yes we are still looking for a GM Ill pop a Pm to to other two people who were interested long ago if they are still interested but we do still need a GM.

What I personally expect from a DM and a Player is that they are fair, invested, And overall communicative with the group. Had far too many games in the past up and die because people just dropped off the face of the earth without warning. Id prefer not to have such happen.

@Muse

Woot you beat me to it so at least we know 2 people are still interested now to send off a PM to the other one.

@Blinkin

If that's what worries you then you can put it aside. I do have a class/race concept that I want to try out but the character itself can be modeled and molded to be whatever is desired for any kind of game. If the GM decides they want to travel to Ravengro for some Carrion Crown Hijinks, Run a Kingmaker game, send a group of baddie bad guys escaping jail, Or something wholly their own without a modular game then by all means Ill adapt my char to fit.

Even tho the race is somewhat altered if the DM preferred Id run it with a normal Sylph as well not to make any waves. I'm just more interested in the class build to be honest. Trying to see if the build is good and will last long term as compared to other builds where the mage of the group has in the past just taken over doing everything in the group better leaving many people feeling more like they are just the baggage carrier.

So long as I can use the class I'm good with changing everything to fit the needs of the setting we are given. I just figured I might as well put everything Id like on the table so that people can see.

Blinkin

The reason why I had not shown interest in this before is because it seemed like you were trying to build a game around a character that you had already developed. Like your mage example, the game would essencially be focused by one player/character and everyone else in a secondary position. If it's a party effort, then I'm cool with it; everyone in a party has a role to fill and while someone may get the spotlight from time to time, everyone gets something to do.

In one of my first pathfinder games on E, the very first encounter, a mage dropped a fireball that did 20D in damage. The next closest character to that was a piddly 3D8 with some minor additions from feats.  So, guess who ruled the game whenever there was an encounter?

Anyway, as long as everything doesn't focus on one character, I'm cool. I'll probably toss up a Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) when the generation details are announced. Beyond that, the sex and so on will depend on the party make-up. If it's heavily female, I'll make a male just to have some diversity. If it looks about half and half, I'll make a female because I only get to play them in group games. *shrugs* We'll see what happens.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

OyabunKobold

Ahs yeah I see i see.

No I'm more of a team player type person Yes my character and how her class is built would probably take up the forward scout/Ranged DPS role of the group however big it is but I'm not looking for a here she is here is her podium game. To be perfectly honest I'm not all that comfortable playing a character that gets tons of attention without any real reason behind it.

If she shot a dragon in the eye while running away on horseback sending it sprawling in pain into a unholy nexus that ended the world ending spell and killed the evil beast well then sure she should get attention. Starting out though I'm figuring it is more Shes Like anyone else type person whom is trying to make a mark in the world with her own desires and past fluffing her up.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 08, 2015, 09:04:25 AM
I would expect that this would be somewhat high up in the ratings Im not exactly sure how high to be honest. As for a Sexually charged game I wouldnt mind if it is but personally i try to drift away from mostly sex driven games.

My take on this is, I definitely would have a game where players wouldn't have to shy away from sex (since most
And character could definitely have heavy sexual themes, but the content wouldn't be on a level you'd do with a typical smut-roleplaying partner.
i.e. expect a natural flow of things. Not summoning succubi just to get a random forced sex scene.

Even tho the race is somewhat altered if the DM preferred Id run it with a normal Sylph as well not to make any waves. I'm just more interested in the class build to be honest. Trying to see if the build is good and will last long term as compared to other builds where the mage of the group has in the past just taken over doing everything in the group better leaving many people feeling more like they are just the baggage carrier.

So long as I can use the class I'm good with changing everything to fit the needs of the setting we are given. I just figured I might as well put everything Id like on the table so that people can see.

I'm pretty permissive to tinkering, 3rd party stuff, adapting 3.5 material, maybe a bit of homebrew. Lord knows *I* do that as a DM. Just as long as everyone's happy and people feel there's no... inequality.

As for other stuff... if prospective players want to put some preferences for level (do you want to be level 1 newbies, or veteran 10th level adventurers), setting and tone (like a Ravenloft-ish horror, a intrigue-laden urban setting, etc).

Otherwise I can pitch a few things.

OyabunKobold

I have a base sheet filled out for level 1-20 so any level is fine the only problem being i have never ran a character that's been passed level 7... so I'm not 100% sure what a lvl 8+ character looks like equipment wise and thus might end up coming out weaker than I should due to less than decent buys.

As for the setting I'm completely open to whatever others want though I wouldn't mind changing things up and maybe being a Evil group or in a setting like Eberron or something like that. Maybe even going into a Horror type setting to mix things up a bit. The whole Lotr type settings are a dime a dozen and being in a newish setting would be fun if nothing else. :3

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Kay. So let's go with...
Level 5. Standard wealth-by-level for items.
20 point buy (except it's a straight 1-for-1 instead of whatever they usually use.)
Max hp per die.
Since I hate rolling for anything permanent in character creation.

Setting/Story ideas will pend some other feedback from interested players.

Muse

So we have a swashbckler and a sniper (Whatever that is.) 

Sounds like we need a caster type.  I was hoping to run my magus, but it sounds like a cleric or focused arcanist might fit better. 

OyabunKobold

Whats the base stats for the 20 point buy?

Like 10 and then 1:1 or 8 then 1:1?

LuciferOs

whats the standard wealth by level for level 5 ?
Active threads

OyabunKobold

indarkestknight

Posting tentative interest dependent on story and setting. Since swashbuckler is taken (Hi Blinkin), how do you feel about Synthesist summoners, Mantis Shrimp Prime?

Blinkin

5th level works for me.

Do you mean, by a 1 for 1 that a 14 would be 4 points instead of 5, a 15 would be 5 instead of 7 and so on? That'll give some fairly high stats.

And hi, yeah, I got the swashbuckler in first. *sticking out tongue* nahhhh! lol

A sniper is an archetype of the Slayer class, I believe. Basically a ranger with a big single shot instead of feathering something with arrows. There's potential for the feathering, but it degrades the chances to hit.

As it's level 5, I may throw in a level of bard for variety, but I'll have to look at things first.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 08, 2015, 07:54:44 PM
5th level works for me.

Do you mean, by a 1 for 1 that a 14 would be 4 points instead of 5, a 15 would be 5 instead of 7 and so on? That'll give some fairly high stats.

And hi, yeah, I got the swashbuckler in first. *sticking out tongue* nahhhh! lol

A sniper is an archetype of the Slayer class, I believe. Basically a ranger with a big single shot instead of feathering something with arrows. There's potential for the feathering, but it degrades the chances to hit.

As it's level 5, I may throw in a level of bard for variety, but I'll have to look at things first.

Sniper is a archtype of rogue actually.

There is a slayer archtype but the rogue one is better as the slayer one goes up 5 ft at the cost of talents whereas the rogue one goes up 10 ft every 3 levels no cost by lvl 20 ill have a 90ft Sneak attack and all my talents compared to a slayer having 90ft and no talents.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Muse on January 08, 2015, 07:17:59 PM
So we have a swashbckler and a sniper (Whatever that is.) 

Someone that hunts elusive birds, I think.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 08, 2015, 07:19:10 PM
Whats the base stats for the 20 point buy?

Like 10 and then 1:1 or 8 then 1:1?

10. Like usual.  I always do the 1:1 because it's simpler to check the numbers.
Seeing if someone spent the 5 points to reach 14 is just... too much trouble for me.

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 08, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
whats the standard wealth by level for level 5 ?

Quote from: indarkestknight on January 08, 2015, 07:35:37 PM
Posting tentative interest dependent on story and setting. Since swashbuckler is taken (Hi Blinkin), how do you feel about Synthesist summoners, Mantis Shrimp Prime?

Should be fine.
Despite I see it's one of those things people seem to be bugged about a lot.
I suppose it will have to depend on our overall group template and  power, since, I see concerns over it being too powerful.

Quote from: Blinkin on January 08, 2015, 07:54:44 PM
5th level works for me.

Yup yup.

OyabunKobold

k cool that works :3 time to get my char all set up.

Would you like a full char application here Mantis or are you going to make another thread for the char applications? Doesnt matter to me either way

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: indarkestknight on January 08, 2015, 08:25:47 PM
Are we allowed to go below 10 on a stat if we so desire?

Maybe. Depends on the character concept. If you're squishy and weak as a kitten caster, I be okay going low on Strength or Constitution. I'd say, probably not if you're going to dump mental stats, esp Charisma.
Since if you're Cha is below 10 you smell bad and the party doesn't want to travel with you. Or something.
Just don't be cheap about it.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 08, 2015, 08:27:49 PM
k cool that works :3 time to get my char all set up.

Would you like a full char application here Mantis or are you going to make another thread for the char applications? Doesnt matter to me either way

How about PM it to me? Then you can keep details to yourself if you wish.
I'm still getting used to the site layout.

Anyway, I'll have some plot pitches to see what y'all think is interesting.

indarkestknight

I'm thinking the Synthesist will have all around low physical stats in the vein of Raistlin Majere and Elric of Melnibone. He looked for a way to improve his natural frailty and discovered a ritual that allowed him to bind an eidolon to himself, giving himself the strength, grace, and toughness of an eidolon.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

So let me pitch this. I'm thinking the party would start out imprisoned.
The immediate starting action would be the escape sequence.
Initial conflict would surround possible seeking revenge/intrigue regarding their captor, though could diverge in other directions depending on player choice and what kind of motivations your characters have.

Thinking the initial setting would be urban, a very large, thriving and mysterious metropolis, a city you might have heard of but have never been to.

Oh, regarding characters. I'd like a brief write-up on their personality/background and like... 3 characters goals or motivations. Since I'm very into tailoring the plot to characters.
As far as "character sheet" stuff, I leave that up to you how you want to format it.

OyabunKobold

I like that Idea though my only question is how would they get all their gear were working on spending 10500 gp on?

An outside influence?

EDIT: Small update I just need to write out a character background and Im good to go got my little Shadow Sylph ill get to that tomorrow since its almost midnight here.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 08, 2015, 11:07:42 PM
I like that Idea though my only question is how would they get all their gear were working on spending 10500 gp on?

An outside influence?

EDIT: Small update I just need to write out a character background and Im good to go got my little Shadow Sylph ill get to that tomorrow since its almost midnight here.

It'll be locked up in the storage room next to the cells. :P

OyabunKobold

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Note you're not in prison from crimes, you've been abducted for mysterious reasons.
But you can still be a criminal anyway. :D

OyabunKobold

Well now I'm in prison awaiting the stocks for burglary :P

Edit: if youre curious what my char is looking like heres her background notes

Background notes: Town or village, Both parents alive, No siblings, Left to die, Parents are Yeomen, Fell in with a bad crowd, Conscripted, The lover, Conflict 1: Broke a promise, Leader, Love, No guilt  (CP=4 Neutral),   Conflict 2: Violent Crime, Clergy, Money, Enjoyed it (Cp=13 Chaotic.), Burglary, Stocks, No Deity, Current Lover (Kobold, Male), Cruel,

Muse

I like the city setting, Mantis.  Is this goloarion?  More improtantly, what are the religons like?  Should i make a cleric of a pathfinder deity?  Or faerun?  OR can I make one up? 

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Muse on January 09, 2015, 01:33:51 AM
  I like the city setting, Mantis.  Is this goloarion?  More improtantly, what are the religons like?  Should i make a cleric of a pathfinder deity?  Or faerun?  OR can I make one up?

Nah, it's not Golarion, it'll be original.
Probably reminiscent of Sigil, minus the whole portals thing.

You can select a deity from any setting you like or make one up. I sometimes crib deities from various settings. Vecna's a perennial favorite.
Typical D&D/fantasy religions do exist. Though a lot are atheists too and clerics don't need a deity to manipulate divine energies.

Muse

Hm... 

*Grins* 

Okay, so having looked at builds, I'm thinking I'd like to do an Aasimar cleric--a big guy with a two handed weapon--or a human oracle. 

Karasu

*peeks head in* U-Um.. Muse-sama said I should come ask if you guys maybe umm.. needed a sorceress?
Removed, due to vandalism.

OyabunKobold

mayhaps we could use a magically inclined person never hurts to throw together a char and try :3

Karasu

If the umm GM is alright with it.. all I need to knwo is how stats are done and starting gold and level..

Muse

Level five.   

Stats:  Base 10 in each, add 20. 

Starting gold for 5 is 10,500. 

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Oh, and on other thing to keep in mind.
I do my own "take" on a lot of things, especially monsters.
So don't assume monsters are the same as presented in the bestiary/monster manual.

The biggest example being dragons. I don't do the standard hierarchy of power or the assumption that color strictly equal species/element.

Things like that. So don't be all "wtf" is there's a WHITE fire-breather or something.

Muse

I hope the references in this guy's religion aren't too bad.  (Still working on him.) 

Gabriel Brewer, Dedicated cleric of the Lord of the Morning
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcbkX3M8pQbn33cIAG_GW-HVLeCnccV-_JdtNVqnlxk/edit

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Muse

*Gins*  it's the family trade, but I totally agree.  : ) 

Are we going to wind up refugees?  Or should we dedicate money to living expenses?

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Well, you'll be in a city.
And you'll have the chance to rob the place you're being held captive on the way out.

Muse

*nods*  :) 

I just meant, will we be hiding out in the slums afterwards?  Or will I be able to go live in my home again, talk to other members of my church, and check on the aple brandy brewing in my vats.  :) 

Muse

I have a request. 

Can the Lord of the Morning's fire domain grant Flame Blade as it's second level domain spell? 

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 09, 2015, 12:48:17 AM
Well now I'm in prison awaiting the stocks for burglary :P

Edit: if youre curious what my char is looking like heres her background notes

Background notes: Town or village, Both parents alive, No siblings, Left to die, Parents are Yeomen, Fell in with a bad crowd, Conscripted, The lover, Conflict 1: Broke a promise, Leader, Love, No guilt  (CP=4 Neutral),   Conflict 2: Violent Crime, Clergy, Money, Enjoyed it (Cp=13 Chaotic.), Burglary, Stocks, No Deity, Current Lover (Kobold, Male), Cruel,

Ah, good old cross-species romance.

Quote from: Muse on January 09, 2015, 03:47:51 AM
*nods*  :) 

I just meant, will we be hiding out in the slums afterwards?  Or will I be able to go live in my home again, talk to other members of my church, and check on the aple brandy brewing in my vats.  :)

Nah, you'll be free to go to wherever.
Though the idea is that you've been abducted to a strange city by a mysterious individual and are rather far from home (unless player consensus hates that idea).

Quote from: Muse on January 09, 2015, 03:57:57 AM
  I have a request. 

Can the Lord of the Morning's fire domain grant Flame Blade as it's second level domain spell?

Yes.

Muse

Blinkin

My question was that an 18 would cost less than half of it's normal cost, so you culd see a couple of them with decent stats in 2 or 3 more with racial modifiers. I agree that it's easier to do math wise, if you keep in mind the racial adjustments and the level 4 increase.

As for setting, I'm pretty much open to whatever. I haven't done anything in the horror realm in decades, but I can fit the character into just about anything.

I should be able to PM you the character sheet sometime this weekend.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Interested in more?  I'm running a PF game at the moment and would love to play in one.  Would this be a more urban setting?  Would duels be allowed (in the setting)?

Pretty open on char concept.  Thinking of playing an Int based archer.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

OyabunKobold

@blinkin

Yeah it does make some pretty good scores but they arent like op For example mine is 14/18/14/11/16/10 spread before racial and level its decently high but its not overly so

@Kckolbe

Never hurts to submit a char after all :3

@Mantis

Yeah I rng everything for my background I just used the adopted race list of the generator then rolled a 1d3 for the gender :3

OyabunKobold

:P So I decided to reroll one of my background things since Im always growing up in a village/town and now im growing up in a city/metropolis so woot ill get the background done today and then send it off mantis

Chulanowa

So... I see you guys are in need of a character who can take a good punch to the face, since the combined lot of you will have, what, none hit points?  ;D

DM, just so i understand, you mean 1:1 as in, "it only costs 8 points to get to 18 in a stat"? it seems obvious but i wanna make sure.

OyabunKobold

I have some Staying power Chul :P Not saying Ill be getting face first into fights often enough but if needbe I can take a hit to the face and keep going.

Blinkin

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 09, 2015, 10:51:14 AM
@blinkin

Yeah it does make some pretty good scores but they arent like op For example mine is 14/18/14/11/16/10 spread before racial and level its decently high but its not overly so

=23

You're 3 points over, if you haven't added in racial mods and the level 4 bonus. My stats aren't anywhere near those...

STR: 13
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 15

Before racial mods or level 4 bonus.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chulanowa

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 09, 2015, 01:22:24 PM
I have some Staying power Chul :P Not saying Ill be getting face first into fights often enough but if needbe I can take a hit to the face and keep going.

Ten hit points, then. Plus, you and the swashbuckler will need a flank buddy anyway. I just need a little brainstorming as to what sort of Thunk MASH character i'll be doing  ;D

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 09, 2015, 01:30:11 PM
=23

You're 3 points over, if you haven't added in racial mods and the level 4 bonus. My stats aren't anywhere near those...

STR: 13
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 15

Before racial mods or level 4 bonus.

Hrms... ill go back and look it over lol Probably did something wrong math wise

EDIT: Yup I did lol Oops new spread 14/16/14/10/16/10

Still pretty good

@Chul

I dont get into melee range with Sneak attacks I could but I don't need to I got 40 ft currently of SA range i can mess with.

Blinkin

The swashbuckler has nearly 60 HP and a good TAB/AC, so I don't see much trouble with getting up in someone's face. True, he's a "light" fighter and flanking is the prefered method of combat, but he should have sufficient staying power to go toe to toe with 5HD critters.

Still, if someone wants to play flanker, I won't object to it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Karasu

almost done with my stuff guys and girls ^^

Correction.. Meet Valtyra..

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1093823

Working on her items and will update it when that's done

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Karasu on January 09, 2015, 08:26:09 PM
almost done with my stuff guys and girls ^^

Correction.. Meet Valtyra..

Working on her items and will update it when that's done

:) its good thus far cept for 1 thing.

1(for sure): Lvl 4 you get 1 ability point to spend in any of the 6

EDIT: erased the 2nd thing as my journey into the curiosity has led to an answer.

Its not a set in stone rule that you cant have a stat starting over 18 there's just no set in stone rules for handling getting a stat over 18 no point buy or roll rules that work so its not a rule but there's usually no way to do it outside a house rule.

Karasu

all the higer thing does hun is give my DCs a boost by like one XD

the max of 18 is a DM rule only. if the DM says no cap, then its fine, otherwise, no big deal. I'll be fine even if I ahve to move stats around, and I did dearie.

Started out with

My Aasimar Race, gives me + 2 to Wis and Cha, hence the bump. I then took two points from my strength score, which means nothing to a sorcerer, and put that into Wis, using the racial bonuses to bump that up to where it is. Thusly I am well within the rules and all adjustments have been accomidated for. ^^

Have played this particular version of D&D for a few years now.. According to the rules the DM has set thusfar (cap vs no cap notwithstanding)  I am fully legal, just missing the items.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Karasu on January 10, 2015, 01:50:40 AM

Yeah no I asked around after the post and then edited my post afterwards when I got a sufficient answer from a few people. I guess Ive just been living in a Unofficial house rule for 11 years that's why it caught me off guard because every dm in the last 11 years Ive played with has told me there's a rule that 18 is the max and made it sound like it wasn't a house rule

SO yeah my bad :3

What it is tho is normal Point buy starts at 7 and ends at 18 and normal Dice roll is 4d6 drop the lowest both of which don't give a possibility for a 19+ Stat.

SO its not a rule that its impossible and a set in stone base ceiling its more a There's really no definitive rules to go over 18

for this one tho math checks out its all good  so don't mind me :P

LuciferOs

Name: Priestess Joula Shawin
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Aasimar
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 120 lbs
Class: Cleric
Level: 5
Hit points 40
Languages: Common, Celestial, Sylvan, Elven

Religion: Priestess of Arshea, the god/goddess of Freedom, physical beauty and sexuality.

Background

General

Upon visiting a temple of Arshea at an early age, a high-priestess noticed Joula's beauty and  immediately knew  of her calling. Being a vision of female beauty and a hermaphrodite also, Joula  represented a  sexuality aspect of Arshea that was in high demand.  Her parents were given a large sum of money by  the temple as an incentive to allow Joula to become  a priestess of Arshea. Her parents agreed on the condition that she be allowed to return to them if  she was treated poorly, a concern that never materialized. Priestess Joula's wisdom was second to none and as a result of her form as well as her ability to  fathom peoples motives and secrets, became a very well known and respected ambassador of Arshea.

Appearance and Presence

Joula has classical good looks and is about as stunning as one can hope to meet in a lifetime, perhaps more, she has mousy-brown hair, hazel eyes finely chiseled features and a feminine triangular jaw. She is most often found wearing her clerical attire, consisting mainly of free flowing silks, perfect for summer or heated indoors but impractical for other weather conditions. She is always recently bathed and adopts a rustic flowery perfume that is very distinctive to those who have met her. Due to her training as a priestess Joula's diction of all languages she speaks is near perfect. Concerning her gender, she does have a penis instead of a cliterous which is larger and thicker than that of most men.

Clerical background and role

Joula has often been asked to perform rituals that are revealing and partake in pubic demonstrations of seductive techniques but has not been asked to perform sexual favors on behalf of the temple. She is treated well and well paid by the Temple of Arshea but has reserved a lot of the money to prepare for travel to other places she has heard so much about. Although happy being a priestess, Joula is not content to stay in its confines as she finds temple life too predictable and unchanging to suit her interest. She yearns for adventure and more, something the High-priestess is very aware of.

Loves and Hates

Joula is used to living in luxury, this includes soft beds and fine dining as much as the average noble. She adores pools, baths and staying clean and would find it hard to focus if she is dirty for an extended period of time. Joula hates spiders and cockroaches passionately and is terrified of them being even near her.

Aasimar Background

Joula's father Drachlin, is a celestial grandchild of Arshea, who fell in lust with Joula's mother, Helena, a moral woman of impeccable beauty. Using dream visions Drachlin seduced Helena, and conceived Joula in a glade in the forest nearby her home village. At the time the pregnancy was thought by others to be due to rape, as Helena refused to talk of the father, believing doing so would cause more grief than good. And jealousy would have been warranted as Drachlin did ensure that Helena had friends of wealth to pay for expenses needed in raising a child, as well as contacts in the right places in case too much focus was made regarding the union.

Helena is close to her daughter and lives in wealth, both know about as much as each other concerning the union. Drachlin sometimes visits them both in dreams to offer (very) vague advice, and visits Helena, Joula's mother, in the flesh every few months.

Stats

STR: 10
DEX: 10
CON: 10
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 22 +6
CHA: 20 +5

Combat Information

Armour Class: 18 = 10 +6 (Breastplate) +1 (ring of protection) +1 (Dodge)
Flat Footed: 17 = 10 +6 (Breastplate)   +1 (ring of protection)
Touch: 12 = 10 +1 (ring of protection) +1 (Dodge)
Base Attack: +4 = +3 (Base) +1 (Masterworked weapons)
Fortification Save: +6 = +4 +2 (Great Fortitude)
Reflex Save: +3 = +1 +2 (Lightning Reflexes)
Will Save: +10 =+4 + 6(Wisdom Bonus)

Typical Attacks

Channel Energy (Su) (See class feats)
Flail+1: 1d6   1d8   ×2   —   5 lbs.   B   disarm, trip
Masterwork Sling: 1d3   1d4   ×2   50 ft.   —   B   —
Dagger:1d4            1 lb.   2

Traits

Child of the Temple
  You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (nobility and royalty) and Knowledge (religion) checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.

Honest
  You gain a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy checks. This bonus increases to +2 when the Diplomacy check is made to influence those who are already friendly or helpful toward you.

Skills

Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier

Appraise (Int) +2 = 0 + 2
Craft (Int) +2 = 0 + 2
Diplomacy (Cha) +13 = 5 + 5 +2 (Aasmir racial) +1 (Trait)
Perception (Wis) +8 = 0*0.5 +6+ 2 (Aasmir Racial)
Heal (Wis) +7 = 1 + 6
Knowledge (arcana) (Int) +3 = 1 + 2
Knowledge (history) (Int) +3 = 1 + 2
Knowledge (nobility) (Int) +4 = 1+ 2+1 (Trait)
Knowledge (planes) (Int) +2 = 0+ 2
Knowledge (religion) (Int) +4 = 1+ 2+1 (Trait)
Linguistics (Int) +2 = 0 + 2
Profession (Wis) (Seduction) + 11 = 5 + 6
Sense Motive (Wis) +11 = 5 + 6
Spellcraft (Int) +2 = 0 + 2

Feats

Racial Feats

Spell-Like Ability (Sp): Aasimars can use daylight once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level equal to the aasimar's class level).
  Darkvision: Aasimar have darkvision 60 ft. (they can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.)
  Skilled: Aasimar have a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Perception checks.
  Celestial Resistance: Aasimars have acid resistance 5, cold resistance 5, and electricity resistance 5.

General Feats

Dodge
  Lightning Reflexes
  Great Fortitude

Class Feats

Class Feats

Aura (Ex): A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity's alignment (see the detect evil spell for details).

Spontaneous Casting: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric who worships an evil deity) can't convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with “inflict” in its name).

A cleric who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can convert spells to either cure spells or inflict spells (player's choice). Once the player makes this choice, it cannot be reversed. This choice also determines whether the cleric channels positive or negative energy (see Channel Energy).

Channel Energy (Su): Regardless of alignment, any cleric can release a wave of energy by channeling the power of her faith through her holy (or unholy) symbol. This energy can be used to cause or heal damage, depending on the type of energy channeled and the creatures targeted.

A good cleric (or one who worships a good deity) channels positive energy and can choose to deal damage to undead creatures or to heal living creatures. An evil cleric (or one who worships an evil deity) channels negative energy and can choose to deal damage to living creatures or to heal undead creatures. A neutral cleric who worships a neutral deity (or one who is not devoted to a particular deity) must choose whether she channels positive or negative energy. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed. This decision also determines whether the cleric casts spontaneous cure or inflict spells (see spontaneous casting).

Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on). Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier. Creatures healed by channeled energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total—all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect. A cleric must be able to present her holy symbol to use this ability.

Magic

Spells

Prepared Spells
O:4 1st: 3+^1+*2 2nd: 2+^1+*2 3rd: 1+^1+*1
* Bonus spells per day based on wisdom
^ Domain Spells

Orisons

Light
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Stabilize

Level 1
Comprehend Languages
Remove Fear
Remove Sickness
Bless
Sanctuary
^charm person

Level 2
Augury
Remove Paralysis
Zone of Truth
Silence
^align weapon (good only)

Level 3
Create Food and Water
Dispel Magic
^magic circle against evil

Domains

Charm Domain
Granted Powers: You can baffle and befuddle foes with a touch or a smile, and your beauty and grace are divine.

Dazing Touch (Sp): You can cause a living creature to become dazed for 1 round as a melee touch attack. Creatures with more Hit Dice than your cleric level are unaffected. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Charming Smile (Sp): At 8th level, you can cast charm person as a swift action, with a DC of 10 + 1/2 your cleric level + your Wisdom modifier. You can only have one creature charmed in this way at a time. The total number of rounds of this effect per day is equal to your cleric level. The rounds do not need to be consecutive, and you can dismiss the charm at any time as a free action. Each attempt to use this ability consumes 1 round of its duration, whether or not the creature succeeds on its save to resist the effect.

Domain Spells: 1st—charm person, 2nd—calm emotions, 3rd—suggestion, 4th—heroism, 5th—charm monster, 6th—geas/quest, 7th—insanity, 8th—demand, 9th—dominate monster.

Good Domain
Granted Powers: You have pledged your life and soul to goodness and purity.

Touch of Good (Sp): You can touch a creature as a standard action, granting a sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws equal to half your cleric level (minimum 1) for 1 round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Holy Lance (Su): At 8th level, you can give a weapon you touch the holy special weapon quality for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level. You can use this ability once per day at 8th level, and an additional time per day for every four levels beyond 8th.

Domain Spells: 1st—protection from evil, 2nd—align weapon (good only), 3rd—magic circle against evil, 4th—holy smite, 5th—dispel evil, 6th—blade barrier, 7th—holy word, 8th—holy aura, 9th—summon monster IX (good spell only).

Equipment

Belt pouch (Purse)   1 gp Containing:
   57 gold 2 silver 0 copper

Breastplate 200 gp Armor Bonus +6
CIRCLET OF PERSUASION - Price 4,500 gp; 
   This delicately engraved silver headband grants its wearer a +3 competence bonus on Charisma-based     checks.
Ring of protection +1 2,200 gp
Flail +1: 1008 gp (Deity's favorite weapon)
Masterwork Sling 300 gp
Holy symbol, platinum signet ring (Symbol of Eyelashes Priestess of Arshea) 505 gp
Dagger 2 gp
Silk rope (As belt) 10 gp
2 x Engraved Water Canteens (on belt)   2 gp

Scroll case (over shoulder)   1 gp Containing:
  1 x Remove Blindness/Deafness  375 gp
  1 x Remove Curse 375 gp
  1 x Remove Disease 375 gp
  10 x Paper (sheet)   4 sp
  Ink Quill 1 sp
  Ink Well 8 gp
  Sealing wax   1 gp

Backpack, masterwork   50 gp Containing:
Cleric's vestments (silks) 5 gp
Whetstone   2 cp
Blanket   5 sp
Bedroll   1 sp
Everburning torch   110 gp
Compass   10 gp
Flint and steel   1 gp
Magnifying glass   100 gp
Mess kit   2 sp
Mirror   10 gp
Perfume/cologne   5 gp
8x Soap   1 cp
Pathfinder's kit   12 gp
Pot, common   8 sp
Skeleton key   85 gp
10 x Rations, trail   5 sp
Climbers Kit   80gp
Area map   50 gp
Chirurgeon's kit   400 gp
Healer's kit   50 gp

Active threads

Karasu

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 10, 2015, 02:00:00 AM
Yeah no I asked around after the post and then edited my post afterwards when I got a sufficient answer from a few people. I guess Ive just been living in a Unofficial house rule for 11 years that's why it caught me off guard because every dm in the last 11 years Ive played with has told me there's a rule that 18 is the max and made it sound like it wasn't a house rule

SO yeah my bad :3

What it is tho is normal Point buy starts at 7 and ends at 18 and normal Dice roll is 4d6 drop the lowest both of which don't give a possibility for a 19+ Stat.

SO its not a rule that its impossible and a set in stone base ceiling its more a There's really no definitive rules to go over 18

for this one tho math checks out its all good  so don't mind me :P

Your just Adorable:P

I'll also have more stuff for fleshing her out with shortly.

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 10, 2015, 02:02:53 AM

Name: Priestess Joula Shawin
Aligment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Level: 5
Religion: Priestess of Arshea, the god/goddess of Freedom, physical beauty and sexuality.

Background

Upon visiting a temple of Arshea at an early age, a high-priestess noticed Joula's beauty and  immediately knew  of her calling. Being a vision of female beauty and a hermaphrodite also, Joula  represented a  sexuality aspect of Arshea that was in high demand.

Her parents were given a large sum of money by  the temple as an incentive to allow Joula to become  a priestess of Arshea. Her parents agreed on the condition that she be allowed to return to them if  she was treated poorly, a concern that never materialized.

Priestess Joula's wisdom was second to none and as a result of her form as well as her ability to  fathom peoples motives and secrets, became a very well known and respected ambassador of Arshea.

Stats

STR: 10
DEX: 10
CON: 10
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 19 +4
CHA: 18 +4

Combat Information

Armour Class: 20 = 10 +9 (Full plate) +1 (ring of protection)
Flat Footed: 20 = 10 +9 (Full plate)  +1 (ring of protection)
Touch: 11 = 10 +1 (ring of protection)
Base Attack: +3   
Fortifcation Save: +6 = +4 +2 ( Great Fortitude)
Reflex Save: +3 = +1 +2 (Lightning Reflexes)
Will Save: +8 =+4 + 4(Wisdom Bonus)

Typical Attacks

Channel Energy (Su) (See class feats)
Flail: 1d6   1d8   ×2   —   5 lbs.   B   disarm, trip
Sling: 1d3   1d4   ×2   50 ft.   —   B   —
Dagger:1d4            1 lb.   2

Skills

Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier

Appraise (Int) +2 = 0 + 2
Craft (Int) +2 = 0 + 2
Diplomacy (Cha) +9 = 5 + 4
Heal (Wis) +4 = 0 + 4
Knowledge (arcana) (Int) +3 = 1 + 2
Knowledge (history) (Int) +3 = 1 + 2
Knowledge (nobility) (Int) +3 = 1+ 2
Knowledge (planes) (Int) +3 = 1+ 2
Knowledge (religion) (Int) +3 = 1+ 2
Linguistics (Int) +2 = 0 + 2
Profession (Wis) (Seduction) +9 = 5 + 4
Sense Motive (Wis) +9 = 5 + 4
Spellcraft (Int) +2 = 0 + 2

Magic

Spells

Prepared Spells
O:4 1st: 3+^1+*1 2nd: 2+^1+*1 3rd: 1+^1+*1
* Bonus spells per day based on wisdom
^ Domain Spells

Orisons

Light
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Stabilize

Level 1
Comprehend Languages
Remove Fear
Remove Sickness
^charm person

Level 2
Augury
Remove Paralysis
Zone of Truth
^align weapon (good only)

Level 3
Create Food and Water
Dispel Magic
^magic circle against evil

Domains

Charm Domain
Granted Powers: You can baffle and befuddle foes with a touch or a smile, and your beauty and grace are divine.

Dazing Touch (Sp): You can cause a living creature to become dazed for 1 round as a melee touch attack. Creatures with more Hit Dice than your cleric level are unaffected. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Charming Smile (Sp): At 8th level, you can cast charm person as a swift action, with a DC of 10 + 1/2 your cleric level + your Wisdom modifier. You can only have one creature charmed in this way at a time. The total number of rounds of this effect per day is equal to your cleric level. The rounds do not need to be consecutive, and you can dismiss the charm at any time as a free action. Each attempt to use this ability consumes 1 round of its duration, whether or not the creature succeeds on its save to resist the effect.

Domain Spells: 1st—charm person, 2nd—calm emotions, 3rd—suggestion, 4th—heroism, 5th—charm monster, 6th—geas/quest, 7th—insanity, 8th—demand, 9th—dominate monster.

Good Domain
Granted Powers: You have pledged your life and soul to goodness and purity.

Touch of Good (Sp): You can touch a creature as a standard action, granting a sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws equal to half your cleric level (minimum 1) for 1 round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Holy Lance (Su): At 8th level, you can give a weapon you touch the holy special weapon quality for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level. You can use this ability once per day at 8th level, and an additional time per day for every four levels beyond 8th.

Domain Spells: 1st—protection from evil, 2nd—align weapon (good only), 3rd—magic circle against evil, 4th—holy smite, 5th—dispel evil, 6th—blade barrier, 7th—holy word, 8th—holy aura, 9th—summon monster IX (good spell only).

Feats

General Feats

Lightning Reflexes
  Great Fortitude

Class Feats

Class Feats

Aura (Ex): A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity's alignment (see the detect evil spell for details).

Spontaneous Casting: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric who worships an evil deity) can't convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with “inflict” in its name).

A cleric who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can convert spells to either cure spells or inflict spells (player's choice). Once the player makes this choice, it cannot be reversed. This choice also determines whether the cleric channels positive or negative energy (see Channel Energy).

Channel Energy (Su): Regardless of alignment, any cleric can release a wave of energy by channeling the power of her faith through her holy (or unholy) symbol. This energy can be used to cause or heal damage, depending on the type of energy channeled and the creatures targeted.

A good cleric (or one who worships a good deity) channels positive energy and can choose to deal damage to undead creatures or to heal living creatures. An evil cleric (or one who worships an evil deity) channels negative energy and can choose to deal damage to living creatures or to heal undead creatures. A neutral cleric who worships a neutral deity (or one who is not devoted to a particular deity) must choose whether she channels positive or negative energy. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed. This decision also determines whether the cleric casts spontaneous cure or inflict spells (see spontaneous casting).

Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on). Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier. Creatures healed by channeled energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total—all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect. A cleric must be able to present her holy symbol to use this ability.

Equipment

Belt pouch (Purse)   1 gp Containing:
   236 gold 2 silver 7 copper

Full Plate Price 1,500 gp Armor Bonus +9
CIRCLET OF PERSUASION - Price 4,500 gp; 
   This delicately engraved silver headband grants its wearer a +3 competence bonus on Charisma-based     checks.
Ring of protection +1 2,200 gp
Flail 8 gp (Deity's favorite weapon)
Holy symbol, platinum signet ring (Symbol of Eyelashes Priestess of Arshea) 505 gp
Dagger 2 gp
Silk rope (As belt) 10 gp
2 x Engraved Water Canteens (on belt)   2 gp

Scroll case (over shoulder)   1 gp Containing:
  1 x Remove Blindness/Deafness  375 gp
  1 x Remove Curse 375 gp
  1 x Remove Disease 375 gp
  10 x Paper (sheet)   4 sp
  Ink Quill 1 sp
  Ink Well 8 gp
  Sealing wax   1 gp

Backpack, masterwork   50 gp Containing:
Cleric's vestments (silks) 5 gp
Whetstone   2 cp
Blanket   5 sp
Bedroll   1 sp
Everburning torch   110 gp
Compass   10 gp
Flint and steel   1 gp
Magnifying glass   100 gp
Mess kit   2 sp
Mirror   10 gp
Perfume/cologne   5 gp
Soap   1 cp
Pathfinder's kit   12 gp
Pot, common   8 sp
Skeleton key   85 gp
10 x Rations, trail   5 sp

You madam, are fucking adorable.

LuciferOs

Karasu - thanks :) - I did just add how large she was as a hermaphrodite in her background, considering I am a hermaphrodite myself and this is a sex-site mainly, I trust it doesn't offend others.

If there isnt much sex in this IC then it doesn't really matter, and if there is - then it does I guess :)
Active threads

LuciferOs

Hey if Aasimar get plus 2 to both charsima and wisdom that would really suit my character - I might change mine to not be human but Aasimar also.

Do they get a -1 level penalty btw ?
Active threads

Chulanowa

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 10, 2015, 04:54:57 AM
Hey if Aasimar get plus 2 to both charsima and wisdom that would really suit my character - I might change mine to not be human but Aasimar also.

Do they get a -1 level penalty btw ?

Pathfinder doesn't do level adjustments, no. Aasimar are a little more powerful than most other races, but not really enough to warrant loss of a whole level.

Also, if you're looking for build advice on a cleric... packing it all into Wisdom and Charisma isn't really the best way to go; you'll want some dex and con in there for AC and hit points, else we have ourselves a dead cleric  ;D

Two other changes from 3.5; Clerics no longer have proficiency in heavy armor. Also, you get a feat every odd level, instead of every 3 levels. So you'll have a level 1 feat, a level 3 feat, and a level 5 Feat; plus one for being human.

Humans can trade out their Feat for another +2 to a stat (which can't stack with the initial +2 they get, AFAIK)

LuciferOs

I have given her some practical feats to keep her alive but I do like my stats as it is because that is how I see her,
yes some of her stats could change for her to be more survivable in combat but her focus is with people.

She is who I would want to be in a fantasy setting, and that isnt the hardest to kill.

She isnt special when it comes to fighting, but that isnt her strength, she isn't the most robust either but she does have feats to make her at least more survivable to balance the fact.

Thanks for the heads up on the differences, I think I have revisited her correctly.
Active threads

Blinkin

Character sheet sent to the GM, here's the personality and description. Still working on history.

Physical Description:

Justin, standing a respectable 5’11, makes quite an impression between his mane of sable colored hair, bright green eyes and almost constant grin that hints at some mischief about to be revealed. A tanned complexion under a straight, almost bold nose, well formed masculine mouth and strong, square jawed chin makes him a favorites of the ladies and might, under the wide brim of his flat topped cap with it’s thick plume on his head, make him appear just a hint of the Dandy. Often dressed in well made, expensive clothing in bold colors, well fitted leather pants tucked into turned down boots and weapons belt about his trim waist certainly shows a flare for the dramatic, he none-the less manages to walk with the grace of a hunting cat, each step almost a dance all by itself… the swagger of a man who knows that he’s dangerous and willing to commit mayhem if it’s called for.

His wide shoulders and well formed arms are the result of good, honest work. His broad chest narrows in a V to a trim waist and the hips of a dancer with long, well muscled legs with an not unimpressive bulge at their meeting.

Personality:

Justin never lacks for something to say, usually witty and perhaps just a little insulting, but that’s only to his opponents. A fairly happy-go-lucky man, Justin is everything that a swashbuckler should be, urbane, polite, and loves a good duel. While he might plan to kill a man tomorrow, there’s no reason why he can’t sit down and have a drink with the man for some banter and piffy interchanges the day before. As long as the rules of etiquette are followed, he’ll even buy the drink. But, when the time calls for seriousness… well, he’s probably not the guy to look toward.  He’s not lazy, or doesn’t take things seriously, he just doesn’t want to look like he is. But, when the decks are awash with blood and the sails are flapping in the dead air, he’s the man you want at your back.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Karasu

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 10, 2015, 04:32:04 AM
Karasu - thanks :) - I did just add how large she was as a hermaphrodite in her background, considering I am a hermaphrodite myself and this is a sex-site mainly, I trust it doesn't offend others.

If there isnt much sex in this IC then it doesn't really matter, and if there is - then it does I guess :)

Love Herms <3

OyabunKobold

EDIT: Reposted next page over in full Have fun :3

Muse

Meep! 

I wonder how many our GM can handle?  Sounds like I've got competition for the cleric spot! 

kckolbe

Well, if that's an issue, I can offer to help out in exchange for a part.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Mantis Shrimp Prime

K. Will look at characters tonight and give feedback.

Quote from: Karasu on January 09, 2015, 08:26:09 PM

God I love you guys for using myth-weavers to host character sheets.
Most of my other online games I have to look at text stat blocks. <,<

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 10, 2015, 01:16:50 AM
Its not a set in stone rule that you cant have a stat starting over 18 there's just no set in stone rules for handling getting a stat over 18 no point buy or roll rules that work so its not a rule but there's usually no way to do it outside a house rule.

Well, 18 is the max that you can get from 3d6, the standard "method one" of stat generation.
So there's a precedent for 18 being the cap before racial bonuses, even that's not stated verbatim (though I thought it was).

And heyyyy peeps, don't worry about taking "spots". Just make your character how you want it.
Especially since in a game like this we could have a party of ALL clerics and still have vastly different characters mechanically.

Karasu

Cause I looked and no one said anything about a cap as far as I saw...

If you like I can easily move a couple poitns form my CHA to something else, it's no big deal ^^

OyabunKobold

So decided to repost my char here but Im gonna post it in full :3 I dont mind everyone taking a looksie at it might find a couple more mistakes like Blinkin did with the ability spread (thanks again for that)

Name: Mirana Carnaldusk
Race: Shadow Sylph
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Fighter (archer archtype) 2/Rogue (Sniper Archtype) 3
Traits: Reactionary, Magical Knack (rogue), Influence (Sense motive)
Flaws: Cruel
Ability spread (including Shadow Sylph stat increase to dex/int and lvl 4 stat increase to Dex) Str (14), Dex (19), Con (14), Int (12), Wis (16), Chr (10)

Description:
Mirana Carnaldusk appearance

Personality: Shy: Shes usually quite shy around new people and a bit quiet and contemplative. This changes quicker though due to her confidence that allows her to open up to new people quicker.

Loyal: She puts her Friends and people she cares out first and foremost. Sometimes her friends get in danger and She worries about them constantly but shes never turned her back on them. Its the one trait about her that others would deem wholly pure.

Confident: Mirana though quiet and a bit shy at first is confident. She knows her limitations and knows just what she needs to do to overcome them eventually.

Tomboy: Shes a tomboy usually quite rough an tumble. She does wear skirts but at the same time she hangs out with the boys a lot. She doesn't mind getting a bit dirty. she also likes other tomboys and even some girly girls tho the girly girls have to be quite special.

Cruel: shes quite cruel reveling in the pain of others she deems an enemy. She will go out of her way to bring more pain than is needed to such a person when given the chance.

Background: Mirana was born in a A bustling urban paradise. For some at least her life wasn't one of splendor and freedom as others seemingly held. Her parents Yeomen to the great king Aemilius. The family unable to take care of their child on the meager funds that they produced Left her to die. She didn't die though a group of bandits and thieves that populated the slums of the great city saw her and took her into their group. She had to earn her keep stealing and killing for the group when told. Even got caught a few times when finally she was given a choice. She either joins the Militia and serves her king in battle and blood or she gets sent to jail to rot out her life behind bars. It was a easy choice for her she joined the militia and was sent off to war.

In the war she was brutal to her adversaries. Like a shadow in the night she slipped in and killed. Like a Hawk in the sky her aim
was second to none. No matter who it was no matter how it was she did her jobs and rose in the ranks of the shadow. An elite sect of the militia known for being silent and deadly leaving no trace of their arrival and leaving only death in their wake. The war was long and Lasted much of her adolescent life until finally they won. Being sent home there was only one last mission she was to be sent on to pardon her of all crimes. A mission she succeeded in the eyes of her superiors but failed ultimately. She was sent to kill a wizard growing in strength. When she reached the mage she found only Youta Fukui a Kobold sorcerer.

The man stopped her attack and explained himself to her before gathering his things to go back into hiding. A man of honor he was and told her that the hold would disappear after he left. It did and she spent the next few years covertly searching for him looking for something that would lead her to his whereabouts. Being released from her servitude in the militia she took to the countryside in search. Eventually coming across weird rumors of a Lizard like Priest known to do fanatical things without the help of a god. Finding a group of Clergy members she assaulted them stealing all the valuables on their forms and getting the information out of them before disappearing into the night leaving them to live or die depending on if they were found in time.

She held no love for the church nor for any god so when the kobold retired to his chambers that night he was surprised to find her eating an apple waiting for him. Rushing to cast the spell she tossed said apple at his snout breaking the concentration he held before holding her dagger to his throat hissing in his ear that he wouldn't get away this time. Fearing for his life he begged for it wondering just what this demonic girl wanted that could blend into the shadows with ease. Surprisingly her answer was him. It threw him off guard enough before he found himself waking up next to her bare form cuddled up against his own. Thus started a new saga of burglary and subterfuge. She was accepted into the clergy but kept in the shadows where those who went against Youta were taken and never seen again. Her luck ran out a few years later when she was caught stealing from a nobles house and thrown into jail awaiting her time on the Stocks. Three weeks on the stocks were her punishment. Three weeks of enduring the elements and being tortured abused and humiliated for the populous' enjoyment. She would not wait three weeks for such a thing and started plotting her escape.

Posting format

Mirana Carnaldusk, Female Shadow Sylph Sniper (2 fighter(archer)/3 Rogue (sniper))
Character Sheet
HP:57 (Current: 57)  AC: 18, touch: 15, flatfooted: 14
Fort:+6 Ref:+7 Will:+4

Statistical info

Combat: CMB: +5, CMD: 19, Move: 35 ft
Melee: MW Earthbreaker +8 (1d10+3 x3)
Dagger +7 (1d3+2 19-20/x2)
Ranged: Adaptive +1 composite Longbow +7 (1d6+2+1+4 x3 115ft 20 blunt arrows/20 Alchemical silver arrows/20 cold iron arrows)
Dagger (thrown) +7 (1d3+2+4 19-20/x2 10ft 1 dagger)
Buffs:
-Innate: +1 to perception, +8 to stealth, +2 to non-magical ranged AC,
-Spells:
-Potions:
Debuffs:

This is where I post this is normal non speaking posting
This is how I talk isn't it lovely
This is how I think isn't it lovely

OOC
OOC goes here much wow many woot

Actions
Actions go here isnt it lovely?

Rajah

In the interest of front lines and flanking: nobody flanks better than the Warlord!

Name: Taegrin Ziati, the White Cobra

Personality and History: Taegrin's no stranger to waking up somewhere unfamiliar, uncertain why he's there or what's to become of him. In some ways, it feels like coming home.

The White Cobra is an elan, a transhumanist aberration created by means of a secretive psionic ritual. Like most elans, Taegrin was chosen because he was exceptional. Noble at heart, in affect, and of station, he was further blessed with beauty and with grace: his mastery of dance as an art brought him to the attention of visiting powers well beyond the borders of the little kingdom he called home...but these things were not enough. What brought him to the attention of those who would be his makers was his changed psyche, after years abroad in foreign courts, where his pursuit of local dancing traditions (and the occasional local dancing lady) led him into the mysticism of certain ecstatic traditions of dancing, and from there into the first glimmers of psionic awakening - and the eye of an elan cult in service to an Outer Thing, who sought through wild meditations and mental shifts into pure emptiness to chisel away at the tyranny of Time itself. That was the first time he found himself imprisoned for sinister purpose, and the most transformative: he was made an elan, broken by the unbearable mind-warping of an Outer Thing, rescued by a princess clad in iron, and released to his home...to find himself too different in perspective, let alone essential nature, to call it that any more.

Taegrin instead sought out his heroine, who turned out to be a warder in service to the Knives of the Loom, a religious order that hunted down and destroyed those who would bend time and fate to their whim. The metaphysics and philosophy were of little interest to the young man who became the White Cobra, however; he wanted only stability and direction, and the cause gave him that. The rest he grew into. Swordsmanship was an art expected of the high culture of his homeland, and he found in its disciplined flow the delightful echoes of dance bounded up in borders that gave him a sense of security - something he desperately needed, after coming so close to drowning in the total freedom of insanity. He was a fine student, and his skill and clear heart - untainted by his experiences - advanced him within the order and the wider world. Soon enough he was the slayer (and occasional seducer) of all manner of insane arcanists and tentacled horrors, acquiring impressive titles like the White Cobra (there was an incident with a phrenic dire mongoose), developing new and excitingly flashy martial techniques, and privately mourning the loss of his promising dance career. Well, you can't have everything.

Of course, when you go about making enemies of rogue mages, wicked psions, and clerics of chaotic powers, you can expect the odd malevolent teleportation, plague of assassins, or abduction and indoctrination attempt: Taegrin's become almost as skilled at being captured as he is at slashing open evildoers who meddle in things best left to their natural order. He affects a sunny disposition and a good sense of humor about that kind of thing, because he has enough experience to dull the fear, because it's an coping mechanism, and because it occasionally annoys a wild-eyed priestess of the god of taking oneself too seriously into making a useful mistake. He does his best to conduct himself with honor, compassion, and merit, although he tends to lose his moral center when placed in conflict with the aberrant and the mentally unclean - which hasn't always been to his disadvantage. Still, that's the exception rather the rule. On some level, it's all a bit of a charade: something got lost in the transition from human to posthuman, some essential spark of self, and what he's really doing now is imitating his idealized memory of the girl who saved him all those years ago...but, well, like I said: you can't have everything.

Goals: Taegrin wants to save someone else the way he was saved, only this time he doesn't want to be just a little too late. He wants to explore his psionic potential safely, chained to the discipline of his swordmanship. He wants a chance to come to terms with being irrevocably transformed, body and mind, with someone who understands what it is to have one's identity unmade by the designs of another.

Race: Elan
Traits: Savant (Perform [Dance]), Fate's Favored
Class: Warlord
Archetype: Bushi
Tradition: The Knives of the Loom are an elusive brotherhood subject to much rumor and conspiracy; despite their image, however, they are often in good standing with the noble class and governments of nations they pass through due to their willingness to lend aid at pivotal moments and in times of crisis and their lack of interest in claiming accolades - there are no small number of men and women in power who have found benefit in their careers by accepting a Knife's timely offer. Despite the occasional sinister implication, the truth is that they are present at such moments because they search for them: the Knives are the priests, paladins, and devoted knight-errants of a dozen gods of time of fate, dedicated to hunting for rifts in destiny where the tapestry of reality has begun to come undone. They oppose the meddling of powers divine, arcane, and psionic, the works of vestiges and the ruin brought by Outer Things. Their symbol is a weaver's loom with a frayed thread being pared away by a knife. They offer Riven Hourglass and the Autohypnosis skill. (Trading for Golden Lion and Diplomacy)
Abilities: Tentatively Strength 18, Dexterity 12, Constitution 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 18 (+2 Elan racial).
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Blinkin

You missed INT there.

And, it's not a compitition to see who's the best, As long as nothing kills Jason, he doesn't care.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 03:56:20 PM
You missed INT there.

And, it's not a compitition to see who's the best, As long as nothing kills Jason, he doesn't care.

If this is to me blinkin posting my char here isn't so much a competition as much as I made this char at like 12 am in the morning I think its fully complete and cohesive but as you pointed out before I was wrong on my stat buy by 3 points so this way I can get some feedback and others can point out anything else they see off hand that is off before the game officially starts so i can fix now rather than later :3

If its not then don't mind me running on one hour of sleep at the moment and not very Perceptive of subtle cues.

Chulanowa

I'll have a Dwarven Skald up shortly; that 1:1 point buy is a godsend for this thing. Stoopid charisma penalty!

Blinkin

No complaint, just saying that your ability scores didn't have intelligence. As far as flankers go, I was just saying that Jason is designed to be a flanker, but doesn't have to have someone flanked to be effective. :) As far as warlords go, I've never seen one in play, but they seem fairly well built as far as parties go... On the other hand, just because he's a warlord doesn't mean that he's automatically the party leader... just good at morale. ;) lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Rajah

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 04:24:59 PM
No complaint, just saying that your ability scores didn't have intelligence. As far as flankers go, I was just saying that Jason is designed to be a flanker, but doesn't have to have someone flanked to be effective. :) As far as warlords go, I've never seen one in play, but they seem fairly well built as far as parties go... On the other hand, just because he's a warlord doesn't mean that he's automatically the party leader... just good at morale. ;) lol

I traded out about half of the leadership stuff for sword stuff anyway. Still have gambit bonuses, Warleader, and Tactical Flanker. ;) Speaking of, if we both get in, let me know if there's something particular you want for a Teamwork feat. You don't have to take it or qualify for it (Warleader) but I do. I was thinking Paired Opportunist or Precise Strike.

Quote from: MuseSo what's a warlord?

If you know 3.5, it's like if the marshal and the warblade had a Pathfinder baby. If you don't, it's kinda like a skald, but less singing and spellcasting and more glorious charges.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Okay. Gonna take a look at character submissions thus far.

Quote from: kckolbe on January 09, 2015, 09:18:07 AM
Interested in more?  I'm running a PF game at the moment and would love to play in one.  Would this be a more urban setting?  Would duels be allowed (in the setting)?

Dueling would be technically illegal, but not really enforced, or with loopholes (i.e. when nobles or other high profile citizens want to duke it out, they willingly enter a "gladiatorial spectacle" with each other).

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 09, 2015, 12:58:48 PM
DM, just so i understand, you mean 1:1 as in, "it only costs 8 points to get to 18 in a stat"? it seems obvious but i wanna make sure.

Just so.

Quote from: Karasu on January 10, 2015, 01:43:52 PM
If you like I can easily move a couple poitns form my CHA to something else, it's no big deal ^^

Yeah, let's do that.

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 10, 2015, 04:32:04 AM

Feel free to mack on any NPC you take a shine to. :P

Quote from: Rajah on January 10, 2015, 03:44:38 PM
In the interest of front lines and flanking: nobody flanks better than the Warlord!

Where's Warlord from?

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 03:56:20 PM

Yeah.
When people want to make powerful characters, I always ask them why.
If the answer is, "Because I want my character to kick ass and do awesome things",  that's cool, we can work with that.
If the answer is, "Because I want to be the most powerful person in the party", that's just a problematic attitude and we'd need to have a bit of a talk before I'd be okay with them in the game.

And if the answer is, "Because I want to be more powerful than your bad guys", I laugh in their face.

Karasu

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 10, 2015, 06:10:18 PM
Where's Warlord from?

The newest Paizo Splatbook Path of War found here Warlord

Tho just to put it out there Path of war as a whole vastly unbalances parties you want to see strong give me path of war Stalker levels instead of fighter levels and Ill return you something that can deal out around 900+ damage a Round to everything within 20 ft of 8 areas I designate that will blind them and Crit on a natural roll of 10 with a composite longbow all without using any arrows

Its PFs version of the ToB that made Melee/ranged people able to stand toe to toe with any mage.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 10, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

Tho just to put it out there Path of war as a whole vastly unbalances parties you want to see strong give me path of war Stalker levels instead of fighter levels and Ill return you something that can deal out around 900+ damage a Round to everything within 20 ft of 8 areas I designate that will blind them and Crit on a natural roll of 10 with a composite longbow all without using any arrows

Its PFs version of the ToB that made Melee/ranged people able to stand toe to toe with any mage.

*looks it up*
Ahhhh.
Gah.
Well. I'll allow it.

Just, everybody... use restraint in your characters.
When it comes to stuff like this I hate saying 'no you will be too teh powerfuller' to people's concepts, but at the same time I don't want
to have too many headaches trying to keep things together down the line.

Chulanowa

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 10, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

It's not Paizo - it's 3rd party, Dreamscarred Press. And if it's as unbalancing as Tome of battle was in 3.5 (keeping in mind Pathfinder is already on a higher power scale) then... yeesh.

OyabunKobold

it was Dreamscarred press but Paizo recently (like in the last few months) made it an officially recognized and approved splatbook for any Paizo sanctioned game.

but yeah Path of war is Tomb of Battle  for Pathfinder

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Anything by Dreamscarred is basically like a common-law official material.
In other cases I probably would have said 'nah' but I *did* say I'd be down with 3rd party materials (and maybe some slight homebrew) on the first page, and I hate reneging.

Just don't make me regret it like I did that time I tried running a game for folks on Giant in the Playground...

edit:  And since I see most people have taken them anybody, as a clarification you do get two traits.
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedNewRules.html#traits

As a side note, might I add that "Dreamscarred Press" would be an awesome name for a wrestling finisher.

OyabunKobold

so two traits and a flaw or 3 traits if you take a flaw?

i like flaws so either way is fine for me :)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Yeah, three traits and a flaw would be fine.
For those wondering, they are here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/drawbacks

Chulanowa

Taavia Perkele
Class: Skald (Fated Champion archetype)
Race: Dwarf
Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1093939 (WIP)

Background:
   The land is replete with songs and tales and fables of commen men rising to greatness through pluck, guile, and bravery. Samford and the Silver Maid, the tale of Jahoq who could out-bargain Djinns, and Rivel with his nine tasks, winning the entire kingdom of Hakboor. Taavia knows them all, and their variations across the land, and she takes these myths and legends as inspiration for herself.

Taavia is a merchant's daughter, originally, hailing from the northern land of Syldr. As soon as the winter ice broke, her father would leave with his crew, taking the crafts of winter south to great trade cities, and returning at the end of summer with new goods and riches. While at home, Taavia learned from her mother, all the old stories fo the dwarves, and the ways of Syldr, the legends of its kings, especially. Though the kings of Syldr had been born into the line for nearly three hundred years now, in the old days, their ancestors earned - and lost - thrones on the basis of their might and glory. They traded in dragon skulls and troll beards the way ship captains traded in cut-silver today. By the laws of the alting, a new king could prove his right to rule in the same way, the stories went.

When she was old enough, Taavia begged her father to take her along on one of his voyages, to see the lands beyond the hills and forests of Syldr. he finally assented, and for four years, Taavia worked aboard the Sea-Raven, visiting lands to the south and east, though only rarely setting foot beyond their docks. She learned the way of battle, to fend off raiders both onboard and at home, and from the ship's volva, she learned some magic and the ways to know the weather.

In her fifth year, she hugged her father, kissed his cheek, and bade him send her love home to mother; Taavia was staying behind. Well, that was the plan, and it took two days of loud arguing for her father to accept it, but accept it he did. She told him a tale of wanting to make a name for herself, to make the family proud. She didn't dare tell him the deeper reason; If kings could win thrones through glory and song, what was to stop a queen?

Goals:
   Taavia seeks to return to Syldr in fame and prestige, lay claim to one of the tones o that land (Syldr is ruled by many small kings) and reign as the first Queen of legends. That's a long way off though, so in the meantime... She seeks glory. Both her own and that of others. It's not bragging or boasting if it's at least mostly true! Third, and most immediate, she has found herself in this prison, clad in rags, stripped of dignity and goods. This will not stand. Whoever's behind this will pay, even if she has to bide her time... While working on all this, she is an inveterate loreseeker, always trying to dig up new stories, new takes on old tales, mysteries, histories, and old gods (she carries the holy symbols of about twelve, just in case.)

Personality:
   The standard image of dwarves is that of a staid, if not grim, rough-around-the-edges traditionalist. but even dwarves have young people with big dreams and wide eyes; This is Taavia. She's out to seize destiny for herself, to live life to its absolute fullest; let her parents and aunts and uncles content themselves with salt fish and whittling spruce in Syldr, Taavia has discovered a wide world of things to explore, discover, learn, and try. She's always on the lookout for new stories and myths, and absolutely wants to forge some herself. Though she can be as bullish and single-minded as any dwarf, she tempers this with open passion, whether at the bar, in a bed, or on a battlefield. There are no stories of kingdoms won by a brooding, sullen loner, after all.

Yes, I'm basically playing a viking dwarf. And yes, I'm lifting a good bit from the Golarion Land of the Linnorm Kings. But I think it works! I've still got to finalize her spells, traits, and equipment stuff, but other than that, the sheet is done - and then I need to pick a picture.

LuciferOs

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218781.msg10876774#msg10876774

I am not sure about boons and flaws or drawbacks - if any who know pathfinder well can recommend any changes to my character it would be appreciated.

I would love to know which characters are approved - and which need rework or are rejected.
Active threads

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Yeah, expect commentary and feedback by tomorrow.

Also, quick question. Would every body be down for a bit of preliminary solo RP before the real action starts?
Nothing that would need rolls, just a quick scene to establish your what your characters were doing before capture.

Rajah

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 10, 2015, 06:58:39 PMAnd if it's as unbalancing as Tome of battle was in 3.5 (keeping in mind Pathfinder is already on a higher power scale) then... yeesh.

Even worse: Tome of Battle was lots of fun, but never came close to challenging caster supremacy. Path of War's design team has been pretty explicit that they want to give mundane classes mastery over their areas of specialization. Stalkers who focus on stealth can actually be better at it than illusionists for once in the history of sneaking, you'll be horrified. :p (Teasing!)

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp PrimeJust, everybody... use restraint in your characters.

Yeah, I'm not trying to play Theoretical CharOp: the Unnecessary Implementation. I just like the toys.

I'm down for preliminary solo, so long as the prologue doesn't end up being its own trilogy. :p

Quote from: OyabunKyuubiit was Dreamscarred press but Paizo recently (like in the last few months) made it an officially recognized and approved splatbook for any Paizo sanctioned game.

This is amazing! Do you perchance have a link or a keyword for that? I'm having some trouble digging it up.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Rajah on January 10, 2015, 10:19:01 PM
Even worse: Tome of Battle was lots of fun, but never came close to challenging caster supremacy. Path of War's design team has been pretty explicit that they want to give mundane classes mastery over their areas of specialization. Stalkers who focus on stealth can actually be better at it than illusionists for once in the history of sneaking, you'll be horrified. :p (Teasing!)

I think it's always a tough thing because, from an ideal standpoint, magic > regular stuff. That's just how it is.
And when you start giving the regular stuff a means to combat magic (like, super kung fu or "I sneak better than divination"), it really changes the tone of things. Not that it's a BAD tone, mind you, but it starts to become a lot more mythical/anime/wuxia and sometimes you don't want that.

QuoteI'm down for preliminary solo, so long as the prologue doesn't end up being its own trilogy. :p

Don't worry, it won't.
But it *might* contain an outrageous river barrel sequence.

Chulanowa

QuoteBut it *might* contain an outrageous river barrel sequence.

My dwarf is ready!

Blinkin

Ummm... kidnapping? I haven't really seen an overview of the story being offered beyond character creation yet... Unless it got edited into an older post and no one told me to look back 2 or 3 pages, etc.

As far as short solo's, I'm fine with it... but if the equipment I've gone to such effort to purchase is going to disappear... not so sure about things.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

The imprisonment angle is just a device to give some immediate action.
You've been captured. By some happenstance you are able to get free and your stuff is conveniently in the next room.

Again, it was more a suggestion, so feel free to object. Thought it might be interesting than "so one day you all were in the same tavern".

Blinkin

Ah, no problem. I just had a bad experience once with a GM who let the players buy the equipment for their characters, then stole all of it via some super-thief NPC in the first session and we spent the next 6 months in a fruitless attempt to get it back and struggle to put two coppers together.

But, if this bunch can get the stuff back, I'm cool.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 11:15:47 PM
Ah, no problem. I just had a bad experience once with a GM who let the players buy the equipment for their characters, then stole all of it via some super-thief NPC in the first session and we spent the next 6 months in a fruitless attempt to get it back and struggle to put two coppers together.

Ugh. Yeah no.
I'm not above a little GM dickery, but I don't do stupid crap like that. I won't steal all your junk, I won't make your fire-specialized mage fight all fire-based monsters, I won't make a campaign where your favored enemies NEVER show up, and I surely won't have a Lawful Good demigod named Captain Story fly down, hold out his hand and shout, "Captain Story says NO!" every time you do something I didn't expect (no, really I know someone who did this).

Also, as another sort of GM oath, I won't do crap to your character like chop off their arm, randomly kill them, in general cheat or fudge rolls or not allow you to make your rightful saves or checks. Nor will I have an NPC rape or otherwise abuse your character.

But, if this bunch can get the stuff back, I'm cool.

Yeah. Again, it's just a set-up. Maybe even so far that your hero auras were on and they didn't bother taking your stuff before locking up.

Karasu

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 10, 2015, 11:41:12 PM
Nor will I have an NPC rape or otherwise abuse your character.

Aww but I was hoping for the DMNPC Rapes :P XD

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Karasu on January 10, 2015, 11:50:20 PM
Aww but I was hoping for the DMNPC Rapes :P XD

Yeahhhhhh, not this time around. Sorry all you non-con lovers.

LuciferOs

Perhaps the characters that are approved /done can start - and all be thrown in the same cell, and the late commers are in a different cell (which we can let free when they are all there).

That way we can talk to each other - try and get out etc.
Active threads

LuciferOs

BTW - is there any chance that the first post of the formal OCC or IC threads (or both) can have links to online references for the rules ?

It isn't easy tracking down the posts that have those links.
Active threads

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 11, 2015, 01:08:40 AM
BTW - is there any chance that the first post of the formal OCC or IC threads (or both) can have links to online references for the rules ?

It isn't easy tracking down the posts that have those links.

Yup. I suppose I should get on a formal OOC thread and we can move discussion there.

edit: Oh, one more important matter of business. Languages. Since this isn't a particular setting, just go with racial languages (i.e. the usual ones commonly listed, or associated with another monstrous race not specifically listed there).
Kind of odd but it'll make things smoother.

I thiiiiink that should take care of everything.

nother edit:  Everyone has submitted a character is accepted, but I'm being PMing everyone thus far about any tidbits.
Think it's a good time to close things off (though anyone else who has posted in the thread for interest can still join if they want).

OyabunKobold

Im quickly searching through traits and getting my 3rd one mantis not that itll change much but itll be nice to have. So ill Edit my char sheet before i head off to work with the new trait.

kk there added Influence (sense motive) Fits with my char a bit :3

Blinkin

Yeah, I had one of those DM's too. He had a set path to follow for the PC's and anything that didn't fit into that path was a "Can't do it." Of course, that DM also set a group of male characters up against a succubus at 1st level and had a nasty habit of pushing a fight with over-whelming enemies until someone was just about to die, then the bad-guys all ran off. Really pissed me off when it looked like the PC's might actually win a fight, for a change, and get it yanked from under them. We got the XP, but it's not all about XP, you know?

Almost as bad as "The World's Biggest Dungeon." That monster was built to be a TPK! In more than 30 years of fantasy role-playing, I've never lost a character a session until I tried that thing... come to think of it, those were the only characters that I ever lost...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Note: Since this was brought to my attention, anyone with Craft skills or something like Scribe Scroll can use that to cut their equipment costs.
Figure it's fair enough since it's not much difference from keeping the cash and then crafting it as soon as we have downtime, so, may as well let you do that.

Quote from: Blinkin on January 11, 2015, 05:22:25 AM
Yeah, I had one of those DM's too. He had a set path to follow for the PC's and anything that didn't fit into that path was a "Can't do it." Of course, that DM also set a group of male characters up against a succubus at 1st level and had a nasty habit of pushing a fight with over-whelming enemies until someone was just about to die, then the bad-guys all ran off. Really pissed me off when it looked like the PC's might actually win a fight, for a change, and get it yanked from under them. We got the XP, but it's not all about XP, you know?

Yeah, it's not really something I understand. The only reason I ever try to put PCs on a train is because I want to see what they do to derail it. Same thing with how I love trying to figure out what their expectations and assumptions are and then flip those on them.

QuoteAlmost as bad as "The World's Biggest Dungeon." That monster was built to be a TPK! In more than 30 years of fantasy role-playing, I've never lost a character a session until I tried that thing... come to think of it, those were the only characters that I ever lost...

I can understand the appeal from a... "Dude, what if we had a huge-ass dungeon with every monster in it?" standpoint.
I mean, even the book itself says it's not *really* meant to be a beginning-to-end dunge-a-thon.

OyabunKobold

k im good now mantis

and im more than willing to do the little solo rp before only problem is I gotta head off to work so itll be after I get home >.<

LuciferOs

Do we have enough approved characters to start the game ?

The others can jump in when they are ready :P
Active threads

OyabunKobold

Would be kind of cool to have multiple sometimes intersecting groups/solo stories tho would ask a lot for gms

Blinkin

I would rather wait and have the whole group start at one time, if they have solo entrances or not. It doesn't start things off on someone feeling slighted because they weren't in on the first round of post.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Awful lot of aasimar in this group.
Some of you non-aasimar might be entitled to a couple extra racial perks to help balance it out.
And I think everyone interested had a character in... everyone that's been posting in the past couple pages.
So we should be good to start here pretty soon.

Anyway. Which forum should put the OOC and IC threads in?

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 11, 2015, 05:21:23 PM
Anyway. Which forum should put the OOC and IC threads in?

Depends on how detailed you would like it.

The higher the forum rating the more gory detail you can put into a post. that's Usually why I do the highest rating in Fanfics I write even if i never actually use it.

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 11, 2015, 05:21:23 PM
Awful lot of aasimar in this group.
Some of you non-aasimar might be entitled to a couple extra racial perks to help balance it out.
And I think everyone interested had a character in... everyone that's been posting in the past couple pages.
So we should be good to start here pretty soon.

Interested in what kind of racial perks you speak of that would be in use.

I doubt I will get any to be honest being a Custom RP 10 race as it is changing it up much more would be unusual at best.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 11, 2015, 06:00:29 PM
Depends on how detailed you would like it.

The higher the forum rating the more gory detail you can put into a post. that's Usually why I do the highest rating in Fanfics I write even if i never actually use it.

Interested in what kind of racial perks you speak of that would be in use.

Well, I'll leave that to consensus of the players.

And yeah, I dunno. Stuff listed under alternate traits in the race guide. I just want to make sure no one feels sore over race inequality.

Chulanowa

Meh, I'm playing a dwarf. I'm already the most awesome race in this game, I don't need to add to that baggage by being more powerful. Give the foofy teacher's pet race their chance to compete.  ;D

Blinkin

Am I playing the only human in the party?

I wouldn't mind having something minor like low-light vision or an exotic weapon prof. ;) Of course, that means that my traits would have to change a little, but if you're giving out free perks, I'm not proud. llol

On teamwork feats, since we all seem to of made it in and things haven't started yet, I'm willing to talk about a teamwork feat if someone wants to do one.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 11, 2015, 06:34:32 PM
On teamwork feats, since we all seem to of made it in and things haven't started yet, I'm willing to talk about a teamwork feat if someone wants to do one.

Only teamwork feat i can think up off hand is the Stealth one but outside of me and a few choice others there isnt a whole lot that someone would gain from a decent stealth pooled amongst the group.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Any of our aasimar care to throw out what kind of celestial they might have had as an ancestor?

Quote from: Blinkin on January 11, 2015, 06:34:32 PM
exotic weapon prof. ;)

Maybe if you plan on dual-wielding a whip... :P

LuciferOs

Would it be acceptable if my character

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218781.msg10876774#msg10876774

had an ancestor that was a descendant of Arshea ?

http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Arshea

It would explain the favoritism shown towards her by the temple.
Active threads

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Karasu

Well my girl's a 1st Gen Aasimar.. so her mommy or daddy was a half celestial XD

and one daddy of hers was a dragon or something ;)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

A half-dragon hound archon in the family tree perhaps? :P

Blinkin

Dual whelding, no. But, a whip is a neat tool for more than combat. It still requires a weapon prof though. If the human gets an extra, extra bonus feat, perhaps something like the regional feats from 3.5, it'll open Justin up to be a bit more versitile.

As far as the teamwork feat goes... someone mentioned a flanking thing, but if not, it's not a big deal. Not everyone in the group has to have a teamwork feat.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chulanowa

Well, the tactics I'm envisioning is Taavia in the front, clobbering things with her power-attacking two-handed self, with Compel Hostility keeping whatever-it-is focused on her (or getting its butt whupped by AoO's), while screaming out some to get everyone pumped, all while getting Fast healing II and having everyone surrounded by a mess of spirit entities that also engage in clobbering.

My feats are full, I'm being a team player with my Rage stuff  ;D And using my character's face as a sword-stopper.

LuciferOs

in .. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218781.msg10876774#msg10876774
added

Aasimar Background

Joula's father Drachlin, is a celestial grandchild of Arshea, who fell in lust with Joula's mother, Helena, a moral woman of impeccable beauty. Using dream visions Drachlin seduced Helena, and conceived Joula in a glade in the forest nearby her home village. At the time the pregnancy was thought by others to be due to rape, as Helena refused to talk of the father, believing doing so would cause more grief than good. And jealousy would have been warranted as Drachlin did ensure that Helena had friends of wealth to pay for expenses needed in raising a child, as well as contacts in the right places in case too much focus was made regarding the union.

Helena is close to her daughter and lives in wealth, both know about as much as each other concerning the union. Drachlin sometimes visits them both in dreams to offer (very) vague advice, and visits Helena, Joula's mother, in the flesh every few months.
Active threads

Rajah

Quote from: Blinkin on January 12, 2015, 01:12:18 AMAs far as the teamwork feat goes... someone mentioned a flanking thing, but if not, it's not a big deal. Not everyone in the group has to have a teamwork feat.

Warleader grants me a free teamwork feat and lets me share it around as an aura. I can also temporarily gain any teamwork feat you possess, but I can't share those. Tactical Flanker is a class ability that sets the flanking bonus for me and anyone flanking the same target to my Charisma, which is basically a scaling Outflank, so for my free feat I was going to take the one that lets you ignore positioning while flanking (Pack Flanker?). Since that applies to you while Warleader's up, you could spend the feat on whatever. Martial Training and/or Deadly Agility are out there.

The catch with Warleader is that I have to burn a standard action to get it started, which isn't a great cost-benefit trade except against extremely powerful bruiser-types we're going to need to stick to for a while anyway, but Tactical Flanker is always-on so you've always got an accuracy boost. I'm taking Acrobatic Gambit and Brave Gambit, so you get damage bonuses whenever I charge or dodgeroll.

Blinkin

Ah, ok. I'll just stick with the feats as I've got them then. Unfortunately, even with a crit range of 15+, dicebot hasn't been kind to me of late and actually getting into that kinda roll is a big if. *sighs* My last half dozen rolls have all been 3 or less... just not fair!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Blinkin on January 12, 2015, 09:17:06 AM
Ah, ok. I'll just stick with the feats as I've got them then. Unfortunately, even with a crit range of 15+, dicebot hasn't been kind to me of late and actually getting into that kinda roll is a big if. *sighs* My last half dozen rolls have all been 3 or less... just not fair!

They need to make a... like basically it'd be kinda like vine accept geared towards roleplayers rolling their dice on video.
I know I definitely prefer rolling dice on a table rather than using a computer roller.
The dice gods do not recognize such technology.

Still not sure where to put this. Bondage-exotic, I think? I'd rather keep away from anything non-con in this one, I think.

Blinkin

To be safe, I would put it in NC-small groups. That doesn't mean that there will be any non-con, it just gives you some latitude in the event that characters get kinky . As for any sexual content, I would put it in a side thread so that it won't bog down the story. It leaves the option open for those who want it and keeps the E-Gods off of your back if somethinghappens that you weren't expecting.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Mmmkay. Yeah. That might be a good idea. We'll see if that's needed when we come to it.
Expect an actual OOC to be up sometime today then. Then we can get the final kinks (ha!) worked out, before IC stuff.

Muse

I was going to suggest Light or Bondage Exotic System, give our GMs apparent preferences.  No need to put things in non-con if Prime isn't comfortable with that. 

OyabunKobold

well to be perfectly honest I wouldnt really be all into Non-con either but if we have it in non-con then jic someone is into it and does like it then they can do it.

I do like the idea of a second thread for the smexy so if someone does want to get in detail for the non-con/bondage/whatever then they can fade to black play it out there and the game can continue.

Rajah

I'd vote bondage-exotic. If the GM's not okay with it then you can't rape NPCs anyway, and PCs are going to run into the OOC/IC problem. For example, my Neutral Good character would probably react about as well to finding out a companion is a rapist as he would if he found a companion was a soul-stealing rakshasa: sword first, ask questions never. If characters want to get kinky, bondage covers that; if players want to OOC consensually get IC nonconsensual, PMs and never referencing it in-game cover that.

OyabunKobold

See me personally I have no problems with referencing it at all in char. Your char grows as you play with them so if something happened like that they would be affected on some level. But theres a difference with referencing and going into detail and that fine line is hard to see sometimes.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Yeah, I think bondage-exotic.
I noticed LuciferOs has non-con scenes under her dislikes.
So yeah, I think we'll leave that off this time.
Hm. Will put OOC up tonight. maybe laaate tonight but definitely by the morn.

now i just need a title...

Mantis Shrimp Prime

OOC is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221520.0
So please move discussion to that thread.
Would probably be good too if those who posted your characters here would copy-paste them over there too.