Write-in for President

Started by Oniya, October 18, 2011, 02:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

Ned Stark for President...

(Hey, he made a great, trustworthy Hand....)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, but he's honest. That would doom him from the start.

Though I wholeheartedly support the notion of having defeated incumbent presidents publically beheaded - it'd do a lot to curb 2nd-term leader syndrome.

MasterMischief

Is that the French Revolution I smell?

Let the 99% eat cake.

Oniya

Have you been reading my signature again?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MasterMischief

No.  You can't prove a thing!   :P

The Dark Raven

OT, I love Oniya's sig.  Makes me get the warm fuzzies. :)

/hijack

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Beguile's Mistress

Right now if you look at what is going on with the Republicans and their horse race to the nomination you can see where a viable candidate with a credible history and a personable manner could come out of nowhere with a social networking campaign supported by volunteers in their county and present enough activity to get invited to the debates if nothing else.

I heard a comment today that said Mitt Romney is ahead of Herman Cain and Rick Perry simply because he's said and done nothing controversial lately and Newt Gingrich is gaining ground using non-traditional campaigning methods.

Oniya

Exactly - The average, moderate voter is getting fed up with extremism, while the politicians still seem to be courting the extreme demographic.  We're also seeing a surge in people wanting to get involved, meaning that more of those moderate voters are more likely to actually vote.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Get-out-the-vote groups start hitting college campuses in the Spring to encourage students to register in their home states and then they hit them again in the Fall to pass out absentee ballots.

I'd love to see a big push on facebook for a candidate.