Pokemon: Path of Destiny; Applications Closed

Started by King Serperior, February 18, 2015, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Hello, and welcome, readers!  I'm happy to see that there's some interest here!  Now, before I begin explaining what this game entails, there are some things that you should know:

- This game will take place in the non-canon Tokai Region.  Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leader, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not be any "Fakemon" in this game.  Mega Evolution will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- This will Not be a system game.  We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done (That and I really have next to no experience in playing system games, let alone running one!).
- That in mind, all final decisions will be decided by me.  If all else fails and a conflict can't be resolved, I will step in and resolve it.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions.  This game is OCs Only.
- This will be a rather slow-paced game.  I'll admit that I will be somewhat picky about who I'll accept, but that's because I don't want someone to drop out halfway, which will cause all sorts of problems.  I've seen it happen many, many times in the past and don't want it to happen here.  Feel free to submit Character Sheets in this thread or via PM.  Don't be disheartened if you aren't accepted though.  It's nothing personal.
- I do not plan for a smut-filled game.  Although such things are fun, but it can really bog down a game.  I would like this to be mostly story based.
- On that note, any sexual content will remain between humans.  I am not too much a fan of Pokemon x Human pairings, so apologies if that is what you're looking for.
- Finally, I would prefer anyone who wants to play this game to have taken the Oath of Drake. (Note:  Though it is preferred, it's NOT required)

So, with all of that out of the way, let me welcome you to the Tokai Region!  This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey.  It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old.  Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago.  However, not all is grand in this world.

A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin.  Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built.  It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai.  After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside.  Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous.  Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland.  Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.

That's where we come in.  We get to test this fledgling region and League.  Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship.  There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed.  Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?

This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon.  People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths.  There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark.  However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured.  That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon.  This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.

Character Sheets:

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Preferably 18-21)
[b]Orientation:[/b] (Can be any orientation, but being specifically Hetrosexual or Homosexual can be limiting;  However, as this isn't a game run off the sexual element, that shouldn't come up too often)
[b]Home Region:[/b]
[b]Team:[/b] (Everyone is given '6 Points' for team building;  Explained below)
[b]Personality:[/b]  (Just a couple of sentences)
[b]Biography:[/b]  (Just a paragraph or two;  I'm not looking for League Champions, Ex-Gym Leaders, or anything like that;  However, 1 or, at most, 2 gym badges from their home region is good enough.)
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread)

Now, before you begin working on your Character, you'll notice that the team needs explaining.  This game is about following the journeys of four relatively new trainers in a new, strange region.  It's possible that your characters can have a badge, maybe even two badges from whatever region they came from, but no more than that.  They certainly won't have any badges in this region.  So, that brings us to the reasoning behind this.

Our characters can have anywhere between one and three Pokemon on their starting team.  However, there are some restrictions on this.  It would be easy for someone to have a team of Arcanine, Blastoise, and Sawsbuck to start, but that would be too easy, if you get what I mean.  So, here's the Pokemon Team Rule:

Most first stage Pokemon are allowed (Charmander, Slugma, Spheal, Beldum, etc);  Most single-stage Pokemon are allowed (Tauros, Lapras, etc);  Now, there are some final-stage Pokemon that are also allowed, specifically the early-game Bug types (Beedrill, Dustox, etc) because no one really wants a worm or cocoon, right?;  Pokemon that evolve from "Baby-Stage" Pokemon (Magmar, Marill, Chansey, etc) are allowed as well since 'Baby Pokemon' are extremely weak;  Finally, Gyarados and Milotic are allowed on the team because no one wants Magikarp/Feebas, right?  Again, let me repeat my earlier statement:  No Legendaries will be under the ownership of PC characters.

However, this is where things get tricky.  First-Stage Pokemon are "Ranked" as 2-Points.  Single-Stage, Fully Evolved early Bug-Types, Evolved 'Baby-Stage' Pokemon, and Gyarados/Milotic are "Ranked" as 4-Points.  As every character has a total of '6 points' to use however they like, I wanted to do something so no one starts off with an overpowered team.  Under this sort of thing, everyone can have between 1 and 3 Pokemon.  If someone wants just a single first-stage Pokemon like a Charmander, that's fine and would only take '2 points' leaving 4 left over with no consequence.  The same goes for if you want to spend four points on a Pidgey and a Houndour.  If someone wants a Butterfree and a Dratini, that's worth all '6 points.'  Also, if someone wants a Joltic, a Rattata, and a Froakie, that's three Pokemon for '6 points.'

It's complicated, I know, but if you have any questions, let me know.

Finally, let me repeat:  This game is going to be long term and slow-paced;  ONLY players who don't mind a slow game should submit a sheet.

Other than that, feel free to submit a sheet!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Kimera

Looks like a fun and interesting game King, I might make a character for this.

King Serperior

Hey, Kim!  Glad to see that you're interested.  Do you have any sort of questions or anything that needs clarification?  What sort of character do you see yourself playing?  I'm waiting to see what sort of interest there is before I decide on what my character's gender will be (I have two separate characters that I can certainly play, one of each gender).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

I've been dying to play a Pokemon type game!

That realistic Aggron is quite something o.O

I might try to play with a female character with this sort of game but it's like 70-30, 60-40 in favor of a male character. But it depends on what type of interest this garners after all. I've already got a team in mind as well!
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

King Serperior

Aiden!  Nice to see your interest.   ;D

*Nods*  The artist does some pretty good realistic art.  I was most impressed with that image over the others.

Feel free to work something out that you're comfortable with.  I'm hoping for a ratio of two males and two females so things stay even.  I can easily play either gender and I think Kim prefers playing female characters, so it'll depend on whoever is interested. 

That said, I am glad to see your excitement.  Can't wait to see what you might come up with, character-wise.   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

I was perhaps thinking of a bug trainer, but nothing is set in stone yet ^^

And yeah, i tend to run female chars don't i  ;D

King Serperior

A bug trainer would certainly be welcome (as well as just about any other types of trainers!).  Just think on things for a little bit.  I can't wait to see what sort of character you come up with.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Quote from: King Serperior on February 18, 2015, 02:03:13 PM
A bug trainer would certainly be welcome (as well as just about any other types of trainers!).  Just think on things for a little bit.  I can't wait to see what sort of character you come up with.   :-)

*nods*

I'll cook something up during the weekend ;D

King Serperior

Can't wait to see what you come up with, Kim!

Okay, with Kim most likely going to create a female character, Aiden possibly making either a male or female character, and me having a character for either gender, we're just looking for one more player. 

Anyone who's interested should be fine playing either male or female characters (Though if someone prefer's playing one or the other, that's fine since some of us appear to be pretty adaptable character-wise).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 19, 2015, 11:06:04 AM
>.> Pokemon!
Heya, La Dame!

If you're interested, please feel free to work out a CS and/or ask any questions that you may have!   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

*pokes head in*

This might be my chance to get into dem Pocket Monsters again... <u<
O/O

King Serperior

Heya, Warg!  It's been a bit since we've last talked!  Glad to see that you're interested.

There's only one place available at the moment, but I'd like to see what sort of character concept that you've got in mind.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

Was the war in the Tokai region three years ago or was that the start of the local league. Could you potentially play a native of the region?

Ghost and psychic types are my favorites, but might try something else. Also, I just realized I think third or fourth generation was the one I stopped at so might have to read up a whole lot... 8V
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wargtass on February 19, 2015, 01:42:51 PM
Was the war in the Tokai region three years ago or was that the start of the local league.
The war in Tokai ended three years ago, at which point the League was founded.  The war actually began in the region about 20 years before that.
Could you potentially play a native of the region?
It is possible, if you want to.  Though, if you do create a character from Tokai, I'll have to be a little more strict when looking over the character since this is a brand new region.
Ghost and psychic types are my favorites, but might try something else. Also, I just realized I think third or fourth generation was the one I stopped at so might have to read up a whole lot... 8V
Haha, yeah, there's a LOT to cover if that's where you last left off!  Though, all you'll really need to learn are the new Pokemon, new type matchups, and whatnot.  If you have questions, please ask!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

If you'll excuse the double-posting, I have the two characters that I can use in this game.  I can happily use either one, so I guess it just depends on what everyone else comes up with:

Female Character

Name:  Misa Mizuno
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region:  Sinnoh
Team:
1).  Rhyhorn:  Her first and strongest Pokemon, Rhyhorn is as hard-headed as its trainer and will not back down in the face of it's weaknesses.
2).  Nidoran♀:  Cute and cuddly right now, Nidoran is by no means weak.  However, she likes to be babied a lot.  This is likely to change should she evolve.
3).  Yanma:  It's almost a family tradition to train a Pokemon that is tied to the past.  Yanma is rather jittery and twitchy and is prone to occasionally attacking anything that scares it with Sonic-booms.
Personality:  Misa, as a beginner Rhyhorn Racer, is stubborn and tough.  It's unlikely that she'll give up on anything once she sinks her teeth (and fingernails) into something.  Despite her petite size of 5'3", she'll stand before anyone who presents a challenge and take them head-on.  However, her tough exterior hides a nice side who has a soft spot for ground and rock types as well as chocolate and candies.  Misa is also rather afraid of heights and doesn't like the typical 'girly clothes.'
Biography:  Misa is the daughter of Sinnoh's Rock Gym Leader, Roark, and the grandaughter of Sinnoh's Steel Gym Leader, Byron.  She was raised in Oreburgh City where she first met with her Ryhorn at a young age.  By the time she was 10, she applied to become an official trainer.  Soon after that, she met her Nidoran.

By the time she was 13, she applied to become a Rhyhorn Racer and even came in third place in her first race.  While she traveled, she helped defend a small swarm of Yanma that were being attacked by a group of enraged Beedrill that wanted their nest for their own.  As she left, having defended the home of the swarm, one of the Yanma decided to follow her.  From there, she trained the three of them for the next couple of years.  Finally, by the time she was 17 and having won her first Race, she decided it was time to challenge her father.  The battle was long, but a tie between her Rhyhorn and her father's Cranidos got her her first badge.  Two years later, while training in Eterna Forest, she received a call from her father that he had heard some interesting rumors of a new league opening in a distant region.  At first, she wasn't interested, wanting to continue her league challenge at home, but when she heard that this new region was tough and full of strong trainers, she decided to take the chance and booked a boat to the new region.
Ons/Offs:  Link

Male Character

Name:  Kyoji Saito
Orientation:  Bisexual, prefers women
Home Region:  Kanto
Team:
1).  Nidoran♂:  Kyoji's first Pokemon, he has raised Nidoran since it hatched from an egg.  While not his most Powerful, Nidoran is very versatile and uses unorthodox tactics to defeat it's foes.
2).  Vespiquen:  Vespiquen is Kyoji's strongest Pokemon.  She's ruthless in her battles and will take victory by any means necessary.  However, she'll do anything in her power to defend her trainer and her teammates.
Personality:  Kyoji is a well-kept individual that sees battles as a chess game.  Despite being a cold and calculating leader in battle, he has a warm heart and loves his Pokemon and friends.  He rarely gives people who have wronged him a second chance and puts a lot of trust in his friends.  There's really not a whole lot that will shake him due to his mentality, but he tends to dwell on past decisions, believing that learning from the past will help him in the future.
Biography:  Kyoji was born in Fuchsia City, son of one of Koga's best students.  He spent a lot of time in the Gym, watching his father battle trainers who believed they were ready to take on the Leader and just training in general.  However, unlike most of the trainers who spent a lot of their time at the Gym, he never wanted to become a ninja.  However, he took the teachings to heart, even when his father gave him an egg that would eventually hatch into Nidoran.  Kyoji started to play chess in the meantime and treated his battles like the game.

By the time he was 16, he felt ready to leave the city and try the League challenge himself.  While on his journey, he caught a Combee that he saw defeat a Magmar when all other Combee and their Vespiquen leader fled.  By the time he reached Cerulean City to take on his first gym, he was confident that he could defeat the Leader, Misty, and her Starmie.  However, when he eventually challenged her, her Staryu proved to be almost too much for him to handle.  Luckily, just before the final move that would spell his defeat, Combee evolved into the powerful Vespiquen.  Vespiquen then proceeded to brutally defeat Misty's Pokemon without taking another hit, even to the point of ignoring his commands to do so.

From that point on for the next four years, Kyoji trained with his Pokemon until they worked like a well-oiled machine, and just in time too!  He'd heard rumors about a new region far away and decided that that was just the challenge he needed.  After speaking with his father, who informed him of the Gym's new Leader, Janine was taking over, he bought a plane ticket and took the first flight to Tokai.
Ons/Offs:  Link

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

AidenWhite

King Serperior

Quote from: Kimera on February 19, 2015, 03:00:01 PM
Nice characters. Both look quite interesting
Thanks!
Quote from: AidenWhite on February 19, 2015, 03:48:20 PM
Hey! It's Tieria!
Indeed!  It was somewhat difficult to find a serious character that fit the personality type that was called for for this character.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

I would love to join this and can work on a character profile tonight, however I respect that Wargtass posted before me and therefore he has the right to be considered over me. I've played all six generations though so I know all 721 Pokemon. But it's all up to King Serperior's decision, and I'm okay with whatever he decides. ^^
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

King Serperior

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 03:57:20 PM
I would love to join this and can work on a character profile tonight, however I respect that Wargtass posted before me and therefore he has the right to be considered over me. I've played all six generations though so I know all 721 Pokemon. But it's all up to King Serperior's decision, and I'm okay with whatever he decides. ^^
Hello, Dimir.  I'm happy to see that you're interested.  If you want, you can work on a character sheet.  However, both la dame and Wargtass have both posted interest ahead of you, so they'll be considered first.  That doesn't mean that you won't be accepted, but I want to say that I've seen people who are new to E post interest in games, make one or two posts, then vanish without another word.  It puts strain on games, even enough to cause a game to falter.  So, I just wanted you to be informed that if you aren't accepted, it's not because of you or your character.  It's just a precaution from experience with relatively new members.

That said, feel free to make something up.  If the character is good enough, he/she'll have a decent chance of being accepted.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

Quote from: King Serperior on February 19, 2015, 04:10:29 PM
Hello, Dimir.  I'm happy to see that you're interested.  If you want, you can work on a character sheet.  However, both la dame and Wargtass have both posted interest ahead of you, so they'll be considered first.  That doesn't mean that you won't be accepted, but I want to say that I've seen people who are new to E post interest in games, make one or two posts, then vanish without another word.  It puts strain on games, even enough to cause a game to falter.  So, I just wanted you to be informed that if you aren't accepted, it's not because of you or your character.  It's just a precaution from experience with relatively new members.

That said, feel free to make something up.  If the character is good enough, he/she'll have a decent chance of being accepted.

I have no issue at all with that decision and completely understand.

Dimir

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 04:25:05 PM
I have no issue at all with that decision and completely understand.

EDIT: Here's the character profile.

Image: http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/character.php?id=47480
Name: Katsuro
Orientation: Heterosexual
Home Region: Kalos
Team: Houndour - Katsuro's starter Pokemon, his family hatched it from an egg. It's a quick-tempered pokemon, but is loyal to those with the devotion to train it well. Houndour hasn't fully integrated with the other two pokemon in Katsuro's team yet.
Slowpoke - While at a beach, Katsuro found this pokemon by using an old rod. It's sometimes lazy but will defend itself and fellow pokemon if threatened.
Honedge - Katsuro caught this on Kalos Route 6 during his short journey in that region. It's an eager fighter, always wanting to test itself in battle, however it can sometimes get carried away and lose focus.
Personality:  Katsuro has a major devotion to the growth and interaction he has with his Pokemon, however he often fluctuates between what Pokemon he wants to use at a time. He is the most interested in exploring new areas and seeing the culture and people of new regions and cities. He is trying to work on focusing under pressure during important battles, but he still has a lot of improvement to make in that area.
Biography: Katsuro grew up surrounded by fellow pokemon trainers and got good grades at the local pokemon school. Wanting to go on a journey with his Houndour and Slowpoke, he fought against two of the Kalos gym leaders, Viola the bug-type leader, and Grant the rock-type leader. Katsuro obtained two badges as a result, however his father began to fall ill so he returned to assist his mother in looking after their family. Katsuro was very disappointed with this turn of events but he understood that his family came first, since his mother now had to run their family business, a clothing store by herself. After a year battling a terrible illness, his father sadly died. He decided to explore another region to take his mind off his father's death so he wanted to tackle the Tokai region with the three Pokemon he currently had. He found out about the Tokai region through an online news report website and took a look at his wartime history. With the region now at least somewhat safer, he felt that it would be a worthwhile endevour to go and see the region for himself and being a young adult, he could take care of himself there. The rest of his family supported Katsuro's desire to travel to Tokai so he pooled together his funds and prepared for the journey ahead. He wanted to accomplish something really amazing in his life, like beating the Tokai League, although he knows that will be a long and difficult journey.
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

King Serperior

Okay, Dimir, I see a few things regarding the character that needs some work.

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
I'd prefer it if you used an actual anime image for your character than this.
Team: Slowpoke (Moves: Water Gun, Confusion, Yawn)
Houndour (Moves: Ember, Smog)
Honedge (Moves: Fury Cutter, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance)
In regards to your Pokemon, I don't mind the species, but I would like to point out that this will not be like the games where they have a set number of moves.  No, they won't know every single move in the book, but they won't be so limited.  Also, if you wouldn't mind giving a small sentence or two about the Pokemon, that would add a little character to them.
Personality:  Derek has a major devotion to the growth and interaction he has with his Pokemon, however he often fluctuates between what Pokemon he wants to use at a time. He is the most interested in exploring new areas and seeing the culture and people of new regions and cities. He is trying to work on focusing under pressure during important battles, but he still has a lot of improvement to make in that area.
Okay, personality looks good. 
Biography:  Derek has two badges in his home region of Kalos, however his father began to fall ill so he returned to assist his mother in looking after their family. Two years ago, his father sadly died. He decided to explore another region so he wanted to tackle the Tokai region with the three Pokemon he had obtained in Kalos, especially his starter, Houndour. He wants to accomplish something really amazing in his life, like beating the Tokai League, although he knows that will be a long and difficult journey.
Could you expend on the biography?  It would help explain more about the character's history.  What you have at the moment seems rather rushed.

Take a look at the characters I have posted above as an example. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

That can all be worked on. I have a haircut appointment shortly so I can't work on it until I get back. Also if you could link me a site where you can find personal anime images, that would be awesome. ^^

King Serperior

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 05:12:10 PM
Also if you could link me a site where you can find personal anime images, that would be awesome. ^^
I'm afraid to say that I know of no such sites.  You'll just have to find an image yourself.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

I don't think I'll make a good character, I just posting because I thought the idea was exciting.

@Dimir: I could help you find a few pictures if you would like the help.
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 19, 2015, 05:32:35 PM
I don't think I'll make a good character, I just posting because I thought the idea was exciting.
That's perfectly fine.  You're still free to design a character if you really want to.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

Thanks for the suggestions King Serperior, I hope you feel my editing did a good enough job. And noir, assistance in image locating would really be appreciated. ^^

King Serperior

Okay, just a couple of things of note:
Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
Name: Derek
It's not quite as big a deal to most, but I would like the characters to have Japanese names.

Now, this is where I might get slightly nit-picky, but I would like things to be consistent.  I like the way the Bio is looking, but here are a couple of things I noticed:
... he fought against the first two gym leaders of Kalos.
Just a small thing here, but the game will not follow the games in the sense that there's a specific order in the gyms.  There isn't a 'first' or 'second' gym other than the first gym that a trainer challenges.  For instance, Kyoji's first gym battle was against Misty in Kanto.  However, a Gym Leader's team strength depends on the number of badges a challenger has, so it's not like a beginner trainer would battle Clair's Kingdra or anything like that!
He decided to explore another region to take his mind off his father's death so he wanted to tackle the Tokai region with the three Pokemon he currently had. He wanted to accomplish something really amazing in his life, like beating the Tokai League, although he knows that will be a long and difficult journey. The rest of his family supported Derek's desire to travel to Tokai so he pooled together his funds and prepared for the journey ahead.
The last part is that Tokai is still a fledgling region that has only recently come across some stability.  The average trainer in the known regions won't know of Tokai's existence outside of possibly a vague rumors and similar.  For instance, Misa only learned of the region after her father called her.  Kyoji learned of the region via rumors after training and traveling around the region for four years.  Plus, trips to Tokai aren't extremely common and most would rather visit one of the canon regions, especially if they hear that Tokai is just recovering from a war.

Fix these things and it'll be good.  I'm still going to wait and see what Warg has planned as well as see if anyone else may be interested.  I'll likely keep the player search open for another day or so before finalizing the players for the game.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

Seems we are going to get a male character joining if either Dimir or Warg join.

I'll post my male and female characters and we can decide on who plays what.

Female
Name: Yuli Andou
Home Region: Johto
Team:
1) Charmander (Shiny, Male): Feisty and adventurous, Charmander loves testing his own abilities in battle and victory. Despite all that, he is really attached to Yuli and growls at anyone who approaches her. He was Yuli's first Pokemon.
2) Petilil (Female): Petilil is a beautiful pokemon that a little shy but opens up to other people if they are nice. Yuli caught her exploring the Safari Zone.
3) Deino (Female): Given to Yuli as a parting gift from her father before leaving Blackthorn City and heading towards Tokai. Yuli and Deino haven't been together long enough to bond, but they seen to get along well enough.

Personality: Yuli is a solemn individual, keeping only to herself and her Pokemon. She is self-sufficient and does not need to rely on others for help. Yuli is quite strong despite being only 5'4'' and not only physically strong but mentally strong. Due to her circumstances, she had never the time or chance to make friends, so she might seem a little awkward although not really meaning to. Her manner of dress is conservative, just like her mannerisms and behavior, with loose fitted shirts that don't stand out with baggy pants.

Biography: Yuli's older sister is Ibuki (Claire) the gym leader of Blackthorn City in the Johto region and her cousin is Lance, the dragon-user of the Elite Four. Yuli, along with Ibuki, tended to the Dragon's Den. Yuli trained all of her life in the Dragon's Den, from the age of 6 until she was 16 with Charmander. Then, getting permission from her sister and the Master of the Dragon's Den, Yuli was allowed to leave Blackthorn City and travel around the Johto region. Her adventures eventually took her to the Safari Zone near Cianwood City, where she challenged the Fighting-type gym leader, Shijima (Chuck), and won with ease with just her Charmander. Shijima was surprised by her decisiveness in battle and how fast Charmander reacted to her directions. Shijima directed her to the Safari Zone nearby and Yuli's interest was piqued. Here, she caught Petilil, a non-dragon type Pokemon which was the oddity for someone who came from Blackthorn City. Then, Yuli's travels took her to Goldenrod City and took on the Normal-type gym leader, Akane (Whitney). With impressive performances from Petilil and Charmander, Yuli won the Plain Badge.

Shortly after, a message was sent to her from Ibuki, asking her to return immediately to Blackthorn City. News came that there was new region discovered and that they'd like to send someone to see if there were any unknown Dragon-type Pokemon and the Master, as well as Ibuki, nominated Yuli for this task. Yuli agreed to this and before leaving, Ibuki gave to her another Pokemon, Deino, a powerful dragon-type Pokemon, before she left on her boat to Tokai.

Ons/Offs: In my signature

Male
Name: Moroha Arima
Orientation: Straight
Home Region: Hoenn
Team:
1) Growlithe (Male): Growlithe was Moroha's first Pokemon. Strong, fast, and intelligent, Moroha was surprised when this Growlithe decided to be caught by him. Moroha found this Growlithe injured on the road between Verdanturf and Mauville City. After treating him, Growlithe grew fond of Moroha and decided to join him.
2) Rufflet (Male): Rufflet was found accidently as Moroha was out doing his chores, being attacked by other Rufflet. Using his Growlithe, he defended the Rufflet and saved him. Moroha took the Rufflet, treated him, and he joined as well. Rufflet is an amusing Pokemon, always messing with Moroha just as a manner of playing.
3) Aron (Female): While exploring Verdanturf tunnel, Moroha heard rumors about a stray Aron attacking all the Whismur in the tunnel. He took it upon himself to find the Aron and stop her. After defeating her with Growlithe, he caught her and trained her so she became a little more mild-mannered, but still a little aggressive. Since Aron was caught with a battle, she respects Moroha as a trainer and listens to him closely.

Personality: Moroha is a cheery, happy person who loves Pokemon and taking care of them. He considers all Pokemon as friends and dislikes it when other people think of Pokemon as tools. At 5'9'', his build does not suggest that he is an intimidating person at all. Moroha is very approachable and makes friends easily, all thanks to his kindness. His favorite color is orange and he tends to dress with orange.

Biography: Moroha is the grandson of the Day Care Lady and Man near Mauville City and he helps take care of Pokemon and has done so since he was young. His mom lives in Mauville City and his father is abroad in the Kalos region. Most of his time is spent with his grandparents at the day care center, helping them take care of the Pokemon and going around finding injured or abandoned Pokemon and bringing them to the Day Care. This was how he met his Growlithe and Rufflet. Also, as a sort of side job, he also took care of issues that Pokemon cause. Everyone in Mauville and Verdanturf thought that he would make a good Pokemon Ranger, but he just felt like he was doing his job as a person living in the Pokemon world.

In fact, he didn't want to become a Pokemon Ranger, he wanted to take the League challenge and get all eight badges and challenge the Pokemon League. Though, he felt guilty leaving his grandparents behind and didn't leave like every other 10 year old was. It wasn't until he was 16 that his grandparents told him to go and fulfill his dreams and that it was silly to think that he should feel guilty for following his dreams. Instead of taking the Hoenn League challenge, he sailed to Unova instead and took their challenge instead, just so he could see more.

After winning two gym badges, the Bolt Badge from Kamitsure (Elesa) in Nimbasa City and the Toxic Badge from Homika (Roxie) in Virbank City, he heard news of a brand new region, the Tokai region. Moroha really wanted to finish the Unova region challenge but, in the end, his adventurous spirit took him to the previously war-torn region of Tokai.
Ons/Offs: In my signature.

I think I'm liking my female character just a bit better. I know I said I was 70-30, 60-40 in favor of the male, but I just had a good idea with her and rolled with it.

King Serperior

Both characters look good.  I really like the way both of them are designed.  Either one would be accepted.  Depending on what Kim and Warg or Dimir have, we'll figure out which character fits best as a group.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

This backstory is about to turn dark, I don't know if it will fit but alright...  ;D

I was wondering what sort of climate and general culture the Tokai Region has, as well as the nature of the war. Was it a civil war, invasion from another region? Were Pokemon used extensively or was it mainly human fighters with guns and fervor?
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wargtass on February 20, 2015, 09:02:47 AM
This backstory is about to turn dark, I don't know if it will fit but alright...  ;D

I was wondering what sort of climate and general culture the Tokai Region has, as well as the nature of the war. Was it a civil war, invasion from another region? Were Pokemon used extensively or was it mainly human fighters with guns and fervor?
Well, as Tokai is the largest region, it has a very wide climate base.  Where the story begins, it will be a semi-tropical location, but there are places where blizzards and below freezing conditions are common as well as volcanic areas, desert areas, and even a large area where it's a decently sized sea full of islands.  The culture is also fairly varied.  If I had to compare it to another region's, it'd be most similar to Sinnoh's in that Pokemon played extremely vital roles in the region's formation long ago.  That's where the similarity ends.  As of now, the region in the 'civilized' parts promote peace the best they can.  If we think of the region as a circle (it's not actually circular in shape), then the most populated areas are along the coastal areas along the edges of the landmass.  They are the least damaged by the war.  As one travels inward, they'll find that life is tougher as the central parts of the region are still recovering from the massive battles.

As for the war, it was indeed a civil war.  The vast majority of those who fought in it had no clue as to why exactly they were fighting in the first place, but the rumors that spread was that one side wanted to turn Pokemon into living weapons, devoid of all emotion.  For the most part, it was humans and Pokemon fighting humans and Pokemon.  No official records exist anymore to provide truth as to the true nature of the war and the primary leaders of both sides mysteriously vanished about a year before the war ended, thus leaving the 'headless' sides lost without a cause.  So, the war ended with a peace treaty after the remains of both sides found no more reason to fight one another.

Also, feel free to do what you would like with the backstory.  I'll look it over and answer any questions you may have.  I hope this answered your questions?   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Dropping by to politely ask King to stop having such cool looking avatars.
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Applications for the fourth character will close about 12:00pm tomorrow, so if anyone's thinking about it, please post your interest and submit a sheet.  Don't be shy!  Who knows, you may get lucky.   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

Finished editing my profile. Best of luck to whoever gets the player position. ^^

King Serperior

Okay, the CS looks good for now.  Now, we just wait to see if anyone else is interested and, if not, wait for Warg's CS and figure out what character fits best.

Also, I cannot believe I forgot to mention this, but players wanting to join should be able to write at minimal between 2-3 paragraphs consistently.  This will be a very story-focused game and such games need players who can write detailed posts.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

Wargtass

Almost done with the CS, and I had a question, but now I have forgotten what it was... .__.
O/O

King Serperior

Great!   Well, the CS being nearly done is.  If the question that slipped your mind pops back up again, I'll answer it.   ;D

Until then, I can't wait to see what you have.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 03:46:53 PM
Are you still looking for someone? @-@
There is still one character space open!  There are a couple of other potentials for the spot, but it doesn't hurt to create a CS.   :-)

And on that note:  After a small chat with Aiden, this is the current character lineup so far:

KS:  Misa Mizuno;  Female
Aiden:  Yuli Andou;  Female
Kimera:  Potential Female character

Then we have Warg, Dimir, or Wolfy's possible character.  Dimir has a male character on the plate.  Any gender is good as this is not a smut-based game, so choose whatever you feel most comfortable with.  Any questions that you may have, I'll answer to the best of my abilities.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

King Serperior

Point increase?  If you want a Magikarp, it's 2 'points' while a Gyarados is 4 'points.'  If you really want a Magikarp, nothing's stopping you from getting one later, should your character be accepted (though I doubt that anyone will have a full team before the 4th gym).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Are we allowing Eeveelutions from the start as a 4 point pokemon, or no? :3

King Serperior

I did think about that, yes, but I eventually decided to not allow that.  On it's own, Eevee is decently strong, unlike such Pokemon as Magikarp, Wurmple, and Combee as well as Baby-stage Pokemon which are generally not useful at all in battles.  Besides, having a Eevee means that, should a character eventually wish to evolve it, they have options in the future.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

And two final questions.

I may have missed it in the opening post, but do we post character sheets here?

And secondly: How are Fossil Pokemon Treated? Same Point system, or are they not included?

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 04:16:07 PM
I may have missed it in the opening post, but do we post character sheets here?
Yes, you post your Character Sheets here.  In this way, any problems can be solved quickly and easily.
And secondly: How are Fossil Pokemon Treated? Same Point system, or are they not included?
By this point, all regions have a way to revive Fossil Pokemon.  However, they aren't overly common, at least when compared to other kinds of Pokemon.  That said, they are treated with the same point system.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Name: Raine Tanaka
Orientation: Heterosexual....or at least she believes so.
Team:
Riolu: A very strong willed fighting type. It isn't likely to give up, even as the odds stack up against it, and it gets stronger as it takes more damage. Feels that it owes Raine a 'life-debt' for saving it from a cave-in, and will loyally throw itself into danger to protect her if necessary.
Trapinch: Tough little bug with a big head and equally big jaws. Has a rivalry with Tyrunt because both have very large jaws. Often gets into biting contests with the dinosaur pokemon, but would protect it if necessary.
Tyrunt: Raine's oldest partner, having been with her the longest and her most loyal. However, she is prone to tantrums that can reek havoc on her surroundings as she bites indiscriminately and only Raine can calm her.
Has a rivalry with Trapinch, and is currently 30 - 30 in biting contests as a deadlock between them.

Personality: Sarah is a trainer full of energy and ready to go and explore a new region, even if it is reported to be something harsh and savage. The thought of new challenges makes her blood boil.

Biography:  Born to scientist parents in the Kalos region, Raine has always been around pokemon, even from a young age. Her parents being scientists, there were high hopes for their daughter to go into the field of pokemon studies, perhaps even become a pokemon professor like her father. Because of this hope, and because her parents were the ones to perfect the technology to allow Pokemon revival from fossils in the Kalos region, Raine was given her first pokemon at the tender age of twelve...a newly revived Tyrunt.

While the Pokemon was wild and threw tantrums easily at first, Raine and her parents soon found that the two shared a close bond, with Raine being the only one to calm Tyrunt's tantrums before she could destroy anything important with her powerful jaws. Not the studious type, however, Raine soon found herself arguing with her parents because she wanted to be in contests, rather than be a Pokemon professor. it was for this reason that, at age 16, she ran away from her home along with Tyrunt to become a contestant rather than having to constantly be forced to study and learn. While she loved pokemon dearly, she hated being forced into becoming something that she had no interest in.

Joining the contest scene at age 17, Raine found that while Tyrunt was able to perform well in contests, she couldn't perform in all of them and it was unfair to expect her to be able too. This drove Raine to seek out other pokemon, after which she captured a Trapinch who had latched onto Tyrunt and simple wouldn't give up. While the two were fierce rivals at first, Tyrunt and Trapinch seemed to form a frienemy kind of relationship, keeping each other blazing hot in both contests and battles and daily biting contests. At age 19, Raine was well on her way in the contest scene, earning ribbons and making somewhat of a name for herself because of it. She had also managed to earn a Gym badge or two, though this was mostly to make her pokemon stronger.

Around this time, while wondering a mountain cave system in search of another partner to join her contest and battle team, she stumbled upon a Riolu who seemed to be splitting rocks and causing havoc in the mountain. While she tried to stop it from harming not only itself but other while Pokemon, a cave in happened within the mountain, burying them all under rock and injuring the blue fighting Pokemon. Determined not to allow this to be the end, and also determined not to let Riolu fall like this, Raine used her pokemon to bite and rip a while through the rubble, each with their powerful jaws splitting and crushing rocks to allow Raine and Riolu an escape. Once Riolu was safely in the Pokemon Center, Raine was ready to leave it be and continue on, not necessarily wanting a fighting type Pokemon for her contest team. However, Riolu escaped from the center and decided to follow her, leading to her eventually accepting him onto the team as a sort of 'life-debt' between her and the strong willed fighting type.

At age 20, fresh off the contest scene, Raine received a letter from a Professor Pine who knew of her lineage and her contest exploits as well. Seeing promise in the young woman, the letter spoke of an invitation to a new region that had been war torn and was getting back onto it's feet, though information about why and how this had happened was scarce in the letter. Still, it bid her to come to the region and to see for herself what new adventure could spring forth along with new opportunities to prove herself. With thoughts of contests and the Archaeological possibilities on her mind, Raine set off to the new region with her three Pokemon in tow.

Ons/Offs: (Have no thread :/) Offs: Scat, Vore, Gore, Watersports, Most extreme things.

King Serperior

Okay, there's a couple of things to point out that caught my eye.  Some are small and others are a bit bigger.
Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 04:36:30 PM
Although the image is nice and all, perhaps an image that's a little less 'furry/gijinka' looking?
Name: Sarah OverSky
I like the name, but It's my preference that our characters have more Japanese names.  Not a big issue, but something I wanted to point out.
Team:
Riolu
Trapinch
Tyrunt
Nice team and pretty unique too!  Do you think you can add a sentence or two about them, so as to add a little character to them?
Personality: Sarah is a trainer full of energy and ready to go and explore a new region, even if it is reported to be something harsh and savage. The thought of new challenges makes her blood boil, and the thought of finding a lovely Gir-Guy! Guy excites her a little too.
In regards to the bolded part, could you explain what you mean?  A 'Gir-Guy?'  I have never heard that term before.
Biography:  A former contest participant in Kalos and other regions, Sarah holds a few ribbons to her name, though nothing fancy or noteworthy. She sees the Tokkai region as not only a place to explore and see new things, but possibly start up her own contest ring within the region. With everything being rebuilt and the area slowly being reclaimed, she sees it as the perfect place to blossom out her dream. She isn't opposed or unused to Pokemon battles, however, her pokemon able to fight just as well as any other. She just prefers contests and having fun a bit more to battling, but she realizes that in order to make her dream come true, she has to make a name for herself...and being the first one to topple the newly founded Tokkai League sounds like just the ticket.
Okay, there's a few things here that I'd like to address.  For one thing, her biography could use some expanding.  It's mainly saying her goals rather than how she acquired her Pokemon and her past experiences, such as how she got into contests and similar.  Second, it doesn't say how she came to discover Tokai's existence since it's not a well-known place to the majority of most people in the six known regions.  Also, the fact that Tokai's just recovering from a war isn't something that most would know beforehand until they're already boarding the plane or ship to the Region.
Ons/Offs: (Have no thread :/) Offs: Scat, Vore, Gore, Watersports, Most extreme things.
Well, that's a bit of a bummer there.  I suppose that we can overlook this for now, since it's a small game, but I've noticed that many games prefer players to have a thread.  Not quite as big a deal as some might make it out to be though.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

Name: Takeshi
Home Region: Tokai Region
Team:
Noibat - The second of Takeshi's pets, this little bugger usually just sleeps hanging upside down in the inner folds of his owner's jacket. It seems to take an active disinterest to everything that isn't food, especially the Tyrunt.
Tyrunt - The first of Takeshi's pets and probably the most loyal, he is prone to tantrums as per the standards of his kind, during which his owner simply watch and let the rage run its course. Otherwise it is an upbeat little fella that loves to play fetch with rocks, rifle magazines and shell casings from howitzers.

Personality:  Growing up in a warzone rarely makes for a very stable or compelling individual. After his parents died in the urban combat of the central region's largest city he was forced to steal and rob along with other unfortunate children orphaned by the war. The gang that Takeshi joined was composed of mostly younger children, ruled over by a cruel teenage boss and his two goons. Constantly being pushed to gather more supplies that was mostly used by him and his elite, it was no wonder when Takeshi lead a small rebellion against the oppressive trio. He became the new Boss and began focusing more on helping other kids around the shelled out city.

Once the war became more frantic several dozen new factions and rebel forces began springing up. Takeshi suddenly found himself leading a small youth army, dedicated to defending their streets from whatever factions happened to be their enemies at the time, their allegiances switching seemingly all the time as realization started to hit them that no one was actually fighting for their good. This was around the same time that one of the major factions began using pokemons as war-machines as well, something he found particularly disturbing. Even so, a bullet would kill a Charmeleon and even a Golem could be split into pieces by a well placed round from a rocket launcher.

It was during one of these pitched battles with an enemy force of military Pokemon that Takeshi came into contact with the first one of his own. Having fought off a rather vicious attack from several electric types Takeshi found to his horror that he had in fact been flanked by a Voltorb during the battle. The explosion ripped through the street and sent Takeshi falling into a deep underground cavern. His legs were fractured from the landing and his calls for help went unheard and worse yet there were growling coming from the pitch black beyond. The large-headed creature that approached seemed hostile at first, but with some bribes in the form of food he was left well alone until help arrived. For some reason he felt compelled to bring it along and despite everyone's protests and it's stubborn temper the Tyrunt became Takeshi's pet and ally during the last few months of the war.

When it ended the city was never rebuilt, remaining a bombed out gathering of large ruins without any real future. Even so no one really wanted to leave and it soon became apparent that without help from the outside the deserts would soon swallow the remnants up. Takeshi volunteered to make his way to the closest other city, bringing his Tyrunt along for the dangerous journey. With the horrid condition of the central regions it wasn't until about a year later that he finally found a city that wanted to help them out by the coastline. By the time he arrived he had picked up another "pet" and when the humanitarian convoys were leaving he was grateful for the lift back home. As by a miracle the remains of the city had survived during the long journey and Takeshi was hailed as a hero.

The next two years he spent at home, building the shantytowns in the ruins along with his fellows. Being far from anything resembling the former glory of the city, it was no wonder that outsider most often passed it by without a thought of stopping. Only the occasional relief worker ever visited and it was through this channel that Takeshi heard of the Professor and the Pokemon league. A worker saw him playing around with his pets and said he should look into training his Pokemon for competing in the league. Having been intrigued by the prospect of adventure and sating his curiosity, the young trainer to be took his chance and traveled to the Professor to learn the way of the Trainer.

Ons/Offs: Come and get it!
O/O

Wargtass

Alright, I really struggled with actually choosing mah pokmanz, so many new ones to go through for me. In the end I went for entirely new ones, let's explore some territory! Not sure if I tucked up on the point system there tho... =~=

Gimick sorta I guess is Dragon as secondary type. I just really liked how they looked to be honest, especially their evolved forms. Also Tyrunt is a grumpy cutie.

Image is not there yet because I am struggling to find something that fits. Might just draw one myself I can't find it within the next hour... :V
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wargtass on February 20, 2015, 06:13:43 PM
Alright, I really struggled with actually choosing mah pokmanz, so many new ones to go through for me. In the end I went for entirely new ones, let's explore some territory! Not sure if I tucked up on the point system there tho... =~=
Not a problem at all!  I'll look over the profile and help with any details that you may have overlooked.   :-)
Gimick sorta I guess is Dragon as secondary type. I just really liked how they looked to be honest, especially their evolved forms. Also Tyrunt is a grumpy cutie.
Again, not a problem.  It's all a matter of picking out what you like, whether it's your favorite, you like the design, or you just want to try it!
Image is not there yet because I am struggling to find something that fits. Might just draw one myself I can't find it within the next hour... :V
That's fine.  There's more than enough time to look for/draw a character if you want to. 

Now, let's take a look at the Character Sheet itself!

Quote from: Wargtass on February 20, 2015, 06:07:51 PM
Already discussed....
Team:
Noibat
Tyrunt
Vibrava
First things first, Vibrava evolves from Trapinch, so you'll have to put the little, big-headed guy in there over it.  Of course, if there's something else you like, you're always free to change your team around.   :-)  Other than that, that's an interesting team.  May I suggest that you add a sentence or two about them so as to add a little character to your team?
Personality:  Takeshi is surprisingly open and enthusiastic for a survivor of war, preferring to look at it as something of the past, not the present. As a trainer he is still green, but makes up for any shortcomings with a fiery fervor and brilliant leadership (in his own mind at least, though his rousing speeches only do so much for his "comrades"). He's in his prime, not at war and determined to win! Time to make allies and rivals! It's time for Wa-uhm, Competition!
Okay, looks good.  No problems with someone who's a little enthusiastic!

Now comes the more difficult part.  I'll look closely over this and point out anything that doesn't fit as well as I see it in my mind.
Biography:  Growing up in a warzone rarely makes for a very stable or compelling individual. After his parents died in the urban combat of the central region's largest city he was forced to steal and rob along with other unfortunate children orphaned by the war. The gang that Takeshi joined was composed of mostly younger children, ruled over by a cruel teenage boss and his two goons. Constantly being pushed to gather more supplies that was mostly used by him and his elite, it was no wonder when Takeshi lead a small rebellion against the oppressive trio. He became the new Boss and began focusing more on helping other kids around the shelled out city.
Okay, this looks good so far.  There would have been a lot of orphans in the hardest hit areas and gangs as a result.  I would assume he's in his early teens around this point?
Once the war became more frantic several dozen new factions and rebel forces began springing up. Takeshi suddenly found himself leading a small youth army, dedicated to defending their streets from whatever factions happened to be their enemies at the time, their allegiances switching seemingly all the time as realization started to hit them that no one was actually fighting for their good. This was around the same time that one of the major factions began using pokemons as war-machines as well, something he found particularly disturbing. Even so, a bullet would kill a Charmeleon and even a Golem could be split into pieces by a well placed round from a rocket launcher.
Looks good still.  There would be rogue armies comprised of misplaced youth.  Though, one thing I would like to point out is that both sides used Pokemon in the war, but one side used them a lot more sacrificially.  Though, in the heat of combat, things like that may get overlooked.  I would assume that he's about 16-17 around here, right?
When the war ended the city was never rebuilt, remaining a bombed out gathering of large ruins without any real future. Even so no one really wanted to leave and the ghostly remains of the city are still inhabited. Takeshi himself had gained an interest for Pokemon through his very unusual perspectives of them as well as his determination to rehabilitate humans and Pokemon from a lifestyle of warfare. Whether or not duelling will bring about that change remains to be seen however.
*Nods*  There would be many cities and towns in the worst hit areas that wouldn't rebuild much.  Though, I might want to ask how he came to having his Pokemon?  What made him decide to become a trainer?  Could he have heard of a new League being started over a radio and perhaps made his way to the nearest large city?  Or did he meet a trainer who traveled the worst parts of the region?  Remember, he won't officially become a trainer until he's met with a Professor, received his Pokedex, Pokeballs, and a badge case.  I would assume that he would meet with the other characters at the Professor's lab at the same time the rest of them would start?  After all, this story will begin with all the characters starting their League Challenge at the same time.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

I'm working on remaking my profile..give me a few moments. Also the Bio is going to be...quite a bit longer. >.>

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 07:18:18 PM
I'm working on remaking my profile..give me a few moments. Also the Bio is going to be...quite a bit longer. >.>
Don't worry.  You're not on a time-limit here while making your character.  Only applications close by 12 tomorrow.

Also, that's fine.  If you need examples, I have a couple of characters on the first page you can look at.  There's no need to write a book if you have all the relevant details mapped out.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Quote from: King Serperior on February 20, 2015, 07:24:41 PM
Don't worry.  You're not on a time-limit here while making your character.  Only applications close by 12 tomorrow.

Also, that's fine.  If you need examples, I have a couple of characters on the first page you can look at.  There's no need to write a book if you have all the relevant details mapped out.   :-)

it's up....hope you like. I dunno about the last part, I kind of ran out of ideas. @_@

Wargtass

Quote from: King Serperior on February 20, 2015, 07:11:42 PM
First things first, Vibrava evolves from Trapinch, so you'll have to put the little, big-headed guy in there over it. 
Oooh, I thought Vibrava was the first in the line! Trapinch looks pretty darn adorably cool though, so no loss there.  ;D
There would have been a lot of orphans in the hardest hit areas and gangs as a result.  I would assume he's in his early teens around this point?
Aye, somewhere between 12-15. I kept a whole lot vague so that I can revise as it goes.
Looks good still.  There would be rogue armies comprised of misplaced youth.  Though, one thing I would like to point out is that both sides used Pokemon in the war, but one side used them a lot more sacrificially.  Though, in the heat of combat, things like that may get overlooked.  I would assume that he's about 16-17 around here, right?
Indeed. I was going for a sort of confusion, inspired by an account from fighters in Syria about the uncertainty of who did what and which groups fought which. With smaller groups they tend to view everything not their own as the same evil. And yes, 16-17 would be correct.
Though, I might want to ask how he came to having his Pokemon?  What made him decide to become a trainer?  Could he have heard of a new League being started over a radio and perhaps made his way to the nearest large city?  Or did he meet a trainer who traveled the worst parts of the region?  Remember, he won't officially become a trainer until he's met with a Professor, received his Pokedex, Pokeballs, and a badge case.  I would assume that he would meet with the other characters at the Professor's lab at the same time the rest of them would start?  After all, this story will begin with all the characters starting their League Challenge at the same time.
Easy changes, I already have some things in mind to flesh it all out. Now I need to get a few hours of sleep though, so I'll get that sorted out tomorrow.  ;D
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 07:26:06 PM
it's up....hope you like. I dunno about the last part, I kind of ran out of ideas. @_@
Alright, let's take a look.

Quote from: Wolfy on February 20, 2015, 04:36:30 PM
Ah, much better!  She even looks like a scientist's daughter-turned-contest participant!
Team:
Riolu: A very strong willed fighting type. It isn't likely to give up, even as the odds stack up against it, and it gets stronger as it takes more damage. Feels that it owes Raine a 'life-debt' for saving it from a cave-in, and will loyally throw itself into danger to protect her if necessary.
Trapinch: Tough little bug with a big head and equally big jaws. Has a rivalry with Tyrunt because both have very large jaws. Often gets into biting contests with the dinosaur pokemon, but would protect it if necessary.
Tyrunt: Raine's oldest partner, having been with her the longest and her most loyal. However, she is prone to tantrums that can reek havoc on her surroundings as she bites indiscriminately and only Raine can calm her.
Has a rivalry with Trapinch, and is currently 30 - 30 in biting contests as a deadlock between them.
Very nice!  I like the little biting rivalry between Tyrunt and Trapinch.
At age 20, fresh off the contest scene, Raine received a letter from a mysterious benefactor who knew of her lineage and her contest exploits as well. Seeing promise in the young woman, the letter spoke of an invitation to a new region that had been war torn and was getting back onto it's feet, though information about why and how this had happened was scarce in the letter. Still, it bid her to come to the region and to see for herself what new adventure could spring forth along with new opportunities to prove herself.
The edited biography looks good!  However, I am questioning this 'mysterious benefactor' a little.  For instance, why would someone single her out, even if her parents helped create Kalos' fossil revival technology?  Why would this mysterious person mention a war had happened in the first place with no reason or explanation?  If I'd been asked to go to a far away place that was previously in the middle of a war, I certainly wouldn't have gone.

Now, for Warg:

Quote from: Wargtass on February 20, 2015, 07:49:10 PM
Oooh, I thought Vibrava was the first in the line! Trapinch looks pretty darn adorably cool though, so no loss there.  ;D
Haha, Trapinch is arguably rather adorable!  :P
Aye, somewhere between 12-15. I kept a whole lot vague so that I can revise as it goes.

Indeed. I was going for a sort of confusion, inspired by an account from fighters in Syria about the uncertainty of who did what and which groups fought which. With smaller groups they tend to view everything not their own as the same evil. And yes, 16-17 would be correct.
*nods*  Okay, then that's all good on that end.
Easy changes, I already have some things in mind to flesh it all out. Now I need to get a few hours of sleep though, so I'll get that sorted out tomorrow.  ;D
No problem!  You go get some rest.  Can't wait to see you tie the rest of the background all together in the end.  ^_^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

I told you I ran out of ideas!....But I wanted to created a character who's main focus wasn't about toppling the pokemon league...at least not primarily. What I'm thinking is that the letter mentions the war and that it's currently finished, meaning a rebuilding continent that's in need of someone intelligent...and while she's not the studious type, Raine also isn't just an air-head either. Her parents drilled knowledge into her head until she couldn't take it, but she still retains it.

And you didn't mention whether or not the region already had a Pokemon Professor on hand, so...I'd say this mysterious benefactor could be linked to the Pokemon League in an attempt to draw someone in to become one(as while questions would be asked why she left, no one would really know that Raine didn't want to become a professor like her parents wanted, and her views could have changed as well after some time and humility is given), or possibly even someone evil, shady, behind the scenes.

Though I can try to change that part if you like. :3

King Serperior

There is indeed a Professor onhand, a middle-aged guy by the name of Pine.

That said, one possibility is that, as there's a new region, her parents could have sent her there with the intentions of her working with fossils, but she just takes it as the chance to do her own thing. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Possibly, though she hasn't had contact with her parents since running away. :3 Still, the proposal could come from Professor Pine, as there are no doubt fossils to be found, especially ones that could have been unearthed (and hopefully not destroyed) by the war. Not to mention possible Ancient ruins.

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Kimera

Ok, first real draft of my character. I'm just not so familiar with the different regions, so she probably comes from one of the other chars ^^

Name: Niru Tachibana
Orientation: Lesbian
Home Region: Sinnoh
Team:
     - Venipede: An eager and loyal pokemon ready to protect its Mistress. Niru's venipede is the offspring of the scolipede of Niru's mother.
     - Goomy: The first pokemon Niru caught. An oddball perhaps cause its not a venomous one. She caught it just cause it looked cute and while her venipede is her main fighter, she keeps this little girl around mostly for cuddling.

Personality: Niru is sweet and kindhearted. Not a real fighter, she has barely any outdoor skills and relies mostly on her friends while traveling. Niru is an eager student wishing to become the best in her field. 

Biography: Niru was born in a wealthy family and is the daughter of a rather talented pokemon trainer that was best known for her strong Scolipede.

However, Niru never had taken any real interest in pokemon training before, as the girl was just satisfied with playing with her mom's pokemon while focusing mostly on her studies. Her field of study is medicine and for her doctorate, she does a study on poke-venom and its possible uses in medicine. Although she planned on stuying samples at the university, her mother actually convinced her a more direct approach and going into the field. As such, after some convincing, Niru decided to become a pokemon trainer like her mom, but with an eye to specialise in capturing venomous types to further her studies.

Although one might think she could begin by using her mothers pokemon, her mom thought it best she began from the bottom with just a rookie. To help her on the way, Niru was given one of Scolipede's children, a strong venipede. As for where to begin her quest, her mother suggested going to Tokai, a fairly unknown region with oppertunities to find new venomous pokemon and a region that could also benefit from Niru's medical skills.

Now armed with her companion, her medical satchel and sample analyser, Niru was ready to begin her voyage.

Ons/Offs: Just keep it clean. I'm open to a lot but when in douth, just PM me and we can discuss ideas.

King Serperior

Quote from: Kimera on February 21, 2015, 10:10:18 AM
Ok, first real draft of my character. I'm just not so familiar with the different regions, so she probably comes from one of the other chars ^^
That's perfectly fine.  She doesn't have to be from a region that you don't know much about.   :-)

Now, let's see what we have here:
Home Region:
As said above, she can be from a region that you know. 
Team:
     - Venipede: An eager and loyal pokemon ready to protect its Mistress. Niru's venipede is the offspring of the scolipede of Niru's mother.
     - Goomy: The first pokemon Niru caught. An oddball perhaps cause its not a venomous one. She caught it just cause it looked cute and while her venipede is her main fighter, she keeps this little girl around mostly for cuddling.
     - ???:
Interesting team!  I know that you're likely looking for a Poison type to round things out, so a couple of possible suggestions could be:  Croagunk (A mischievous frog), Bulbasaur (A basic starter), Gastly (Versatile ghost), or Budew (Grass type baby-stage).  That said, if you want, she can just start with those two Pokemon.
Biography: Niru was born in a wealthy family and is the daughter of a rather talented pokemon trainer that was best known for her strong Scolipede.

However, Niru never had taken any real interest in pokemon training before, as the girl was just satisfied with playing with her mom's pokemon while focusing mostly on her studies. Her field of study is medicine and for her doctorate, she does a study on poke-venom and its possible uses in medicine. As such, she decided to become a pokemon trainer like her mom, but wishes to specialise in capturing venomous types to further her studies.

Although one might think she could begin by using her mothers pokemon, her mom thought it best she began from the bottom with just a rookie. To help her on the way, Niru was given one of Scolipede's children, a strong venipede.

Now Niru was ready to begin her voyage.
Okay, I'm liking the nice student aspect.  I think a doctor would be much-needed on this journey!  That aside, how would she have found out about Tokai?  I could see her possibly learning about it through her mother as I am sure that Tokai is in need of doctors.  Perhaps also as a way to 'kick her out of the nest' as well?  A small expansion on the bio and she'll be ready.  Just make the changes I suggested and we'll be one step closer to starting.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

So King, has it already been decided who's going to be in the game as far as the three others go, and now we're submitting profiles to be the fourth member, or is everything still up in the air?

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 21, 2015, 10:35:14 AM
So King, has it already been decided who's going to be in the game as far as the three others go, and now we're submitting profiles to be the fourth member, or is everything still up in the air?
Applications for interest in the game will end in about two hours.  After that, I'll wait until the final edits for Warg and Kim to be made.  Then, I'll make my decision as to the final four.  However, the characters are looking extremely good, so, depending on how things look, I may take another of the characters.  I am just hesitant to have more than five players, maybe even six as a max, for the game.  Any more than that and things can quickly fall apart if a person decides to leave the game.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

AidenWhite

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 21, 2015, 10:52:51 AM
Oh I almost forgot, what's your stance on Shiny Pokemon?
I don't mind an occasional shiny to appear, but it's not going to be something that is very common.  I don't want to see every character getting a Shiny or finding them.  Even if they do happen to see one, I don't think they'll be an easy catch.  So, while I don't mind them, I'll be somewhat strict on their capture/obtaining.
Quote from: AidenWhite on February 21, 2015, 10:53:41 AM
I'd never leave a Pokemon game, that's just blasphemy.
Haha, no worries, Aiden!  I know you'd never poof away unless you were kidnapped by aliens of sucked into an alternate dimension where anime rules apply!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Aw, I was hoping my character could have a shiny Tyrunt....Blue Dinosaur! xD

...But that's ok. :3

AidenWhite

Yuli's Charmander is shiny, but that's because she's from the Dragon's Den where they are fanatics of dragon-type pokemon, even though Charizard doesn't get Dragon-typing until he megas into X, I think it's X.

Quote from: King Serperior on February 21, 2015, 10:57:02 AM
Haha, no worries, Aiden!  I know you'd never poof away unless you were kidnapped by aliens of sucked into an alternate dimension where anime rules apply!

I admit that would be pretty fantastic, but even then I'd find a way to keep playing this game! *determined look*

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on February 21, 2015, 10:59:48 AM
Aw, I was hoping my character could have a shiny Tyrunt....Blue Dinosaur! xD

...But that's ok. :3
Quote from: AidenWhite on February 21, 2015, 11:04:39 AM
Yuli's Charmander is shiny, but that's because she's from the Dragon's Den where they are fanatics of dragon-type pokemon, even though Charizard doesn't get Dragon-typing until he megas into X, I think it's X.
Well, once the final edits done to characters are done and I've gotten the characters chosen for the game, we can discuss more in detail in regards to possible shiny Pokemon  For now, we'll assume that none of them are Shiny, but it's a distinct posibility that a character may have one to start.  I just don't want to dilute the uniqueness of Shiny Pokemon by giving everyone one or more.
I admit that would be pretty fantastic, but even then I'd find a way to keep playing this game! *determined look*
I'm sure you would, with all the multidimensional tech that an anime-universe would have.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Teehee...Tyrunt could have been Genetically modified to be Shiny...xD Kidding. Red Dinos are also nice. :3

AidenWhite

Alright, then that's the plan.

And anime-universe seriously sounds so good right now.

Kimera

Ok updated Niru's bio.

I'm still toying with the final choise of her 3rd pokemon. I might swap goomy (even though I think its mega cute) for a 4 point 'healer' pokemon like an audino to fit Niru's medical backstory.

King Serperior

Applications are now Closed!
Aiden, Warg, Dimir, Kim, and Wolfy, if there are any changes that you need making, go ahead and make them.  Once everyone is satisfied with how their final CS's look, I'll look them over and decide what characters will take part in the journey through Tokai.

Quote from: Wolfy on February 21, 2015, 11:12:53 AM
Teehee...Tyrunt could have been Genetically modified to be Shiny...xD Kidding. Red Dinos are also nice. :3
Perhaps, haha!
Quote from: AidenWhite on February 21, 2015, 11:17:44 AM
Alright, then that's the plan.

And anime-universe seriously sounds so good right now.
Indeed, I'd have to agree there.
Quote from: Kimera on February 21, 2015, 11:31:03 AM
Ok updated Niru's bio.

I'm still toying with the final choise of her 3rd pokemon. I might swap goomy (even though I think its mega cute) for a 4 point 'healer' pokemon like an audino to fit Niru's medical backstory.
Okay, I like the updated bio.

As for the third Pokemon, there are other options that don't require you to dump the Goomy if you really want it.  Grass types tend to be very useful in medical situations.  Chikorita, Oddish (especially if you plan to evolve it at some point into Bellossom instead of Vileplume), Bulbasaur, Hoppip, Budew/Roselia (Rank 2 and 4 respectively), Sewaddle (It can make casts out of sticky silk), and Deerling.  Non-Grass types include:  Blissey line, Audino, the Wigglytuff line, and the Clefable line.  Though, in that case, the options you'd have would be:  Happiny/Chansey (Rank 2 and 4 respectively), Audino (Rank 4), Igglybuff/Jigglypuff (Rank 2 and 4 respectively), and Clefa/Clefairy (Rank 2 and 4 respectively).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

I'm fine with my character sheet. I hope whoever gets selected really enjoys the roleplay. ^^

AidenWhite

I'm more than fine with my sheet. Yuli is perfect. :3

Kimera

I'm gonna keep Niru just as she is now with only venipede and goomy to reflect her inexperience etc ^^

AidenWhite

So is Niru like the older sister of the group that likes to molest the other girls of the group?

Wolfy

Kimera

Quote from: AidenWhite on February 21, 2015, 01:07:12 PM
So is Niru like the older sister of the group that likes to molest the other girls of the group?

Well, given that her current age 18 makes her in fact the youngest, maybe not, although given her studies, I might need to raise her age a couple years ^^

Wolfy

Where as Raine is the girl that's in denial about liking girls. lol

Wargtass

Quote from: Kimera on February 21, 2015, 03:30:22 PM
Well, given that her current age 18 makes her in fact the youngest, maybe not, although given her studies, I might need to raise her age a couple years ^^

Seeing as kids are apparently old enough to go out in the world on their own at age 10 I don't think that age is unreasonable for a person with a modicum of higher education.  ;D
O/O

AidenWhite

Quote from: Kimera on February 21, 2015, 03:30:22 PM

Oh right, I forgot to check her age. :p

King Serperior

Quote from: Dimir on February 21, 2015, 12:23:51 PM
I'm fine with my character sheet. I hope whoever gets selected really enjoys the roleplay. ^^
Quote from: AidenWhite on February 21, 2015, 12:33:47 PM
I'm more than fine with my sheet. Yuli is perfect. :3
Quote from: Wolfy on February 21, 2015, 01:59:51 PM
I'm fine with my sheet :P
Quote from: Kimera on February 21, 2015, 01:04:02 PM
I'm gonna keep Niru just as she is now with only venipede and goomy to reflect her inexperience etc ^^
Alright, then in that case, all we're waiting on is for the final touches on Warg's CS.  There is no major rush however.  But, if it is finished today, I could get the selection done and put up an OOC and Character Thread so we can begin hammering out any fine details.   :-)

That being said, I've been thinking on the sheets so far and I'm finding it difficult to imagine only three of your characters will be traveling with Misa.  I may add in an extra character to the little group, which wouldn't cause any difficulty since this isn't a smut-focused game.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

Alright, done with the first revision. Damn did that backstory grow in length!

Removed Trapinch since it seemed a bit much for him to have three "pet" pokemon. The I noticed just now that Wolfy had Tyrunt in Raine's team too as well as Trapinch and I was like oh no! Then I thought it would be kinda fun though to have two Tyrunts throwing tantrums at each other so if the two of us are both chosen that might not be as much of a negative thing.

My brain is kinda fried now after work and I haven't even made coffee yet, so you have fun  for a few while I do that! 8V
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wargtass on February 21, 2015, 07:00:38 PM
Alright, done with the first revision. Damn did that backstory grow in length!
Haha, well, there's nothing wrong with an extended backstory!  I'll take a look at it after I've finished supper on my end.
Removed Trapinch since it seemed a bit much for him to have three "pet" pokemon. The I noticed just now that Wolfy had Tyrunt in Raine's team too as well as Trapinch and I was like oh no! Then I thought it would be kinda fun though to have two Tyrunts throwing tantrums at each other so if the two of us are both chosen that might not be as much of a negative thing.
That's fine.  If both are chosen, then we'd be able to work out those details in the OOC.  Minor details like that are easily revisable.  It's once the game starts that the teams are 100% locked down.
My brain is kinda fried now after work and I haven't even made coffee yet, so you have fun  for a few while I do that! 8V
You go get some rest.  If I see no problems or have any questions with the updated backstory, then I should have my decision in about an hour, give or take.  I'm just going to say that there's some really good characters here.  It'll be difficult to choose! 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, after some thought, I am going to do something drastic and accept each character.  However, before you all go running to the OOC and Character threads, I have some last minute things to say about each character:

Dimir's Katsuro:  I need you to make sure that the CS is done like the other CS's.  What you have currently are a few minor errors that need editing:
Image: http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/character.php?id=47480
Name: Katsuro
This is what you currently have.  Please do not change the coding in regards to the image.  Follow the coding in the first post so that it looks like everyone else's characters.  Also, do not bold the name and gender.  I have taken to fixing the errors shown:

Name:  Katsuro

Once you've made these changes, please post the Character sheet in the character thread below.

Aiden's Yuli Andou:  Everything is good.  Please go ahead and post her in the Character thread below.

Wolfy's Raine Tanaka:  Everything looks good.  Please go ahead and post her in the character thread below.

Wargtass's Takeshi:  With the changes to the biography made, everything looks good.  However, I would like to point out that no Pokemon region has a 'Capital City' and it's highly unlikely that the Professor would have made his way to his town.  It would be more to the point that someone who was helping rebuild the town, even partially, could have seen how good he is with Pokemon and suggest he go meet the professor in his home town.  Also, may I suggest that you get a different image?  I can help if need be.

Make those changes and then go ahead an post him in the Character thread.

Kim's Niru Tachibana:  Everything looks good.  There may be a detail or two to discuss, but go ahead and post her in the character thread below!

OOC
Character Thread

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

King Serperior

Quote from: AidenWhite on February 21, 2015, 10:18:38 PM
KS is so nice to accept everyone! ^^
Heh, well, I figured I'd go out on a limb and give everyone a chance.

I just hope that everyone reads and follows the rules so we all have a fun experience in this.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

Quote from: King Serperior on February 21, 2015, 10:12:34 PM
Also, may I suggest that you get a different image?  I can help if need be.
YES, help me... ;ω;

I'll get those changes done then, after a brief pause for supper.
O/O