The Empress's Own (historical, culture clash, all welcome)

Started by IrishWolf, January 08, 2015, 06:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote from: IrishWolf on January 11, 2015, 05:58:38 PM
I can see it now, there is going to be a "Your a man?!" moment.

I thought that Ada should have that exact reaction.  ;D

HHmm...as a side note, since we seem to have a lot of characters, should we have a tag of sorts? to help us keep track of who is who?

Question Mark

Quote from: IrishWolf on January 11, 2015, 05:58:38 PM
I can see it now, there is going to be a "Your a man?!" moment.

My only question is how the Arakians got their hands on Photoshop...

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on January 11, 2015, 05:34:27 PM
Hmm...
I've been looking at this for a day or two now, though I haven't got a proper app yet, I may make one soon.

And perhaps of relevance to the above post, my character will probably look like this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

One could perhaps say that blue eyes and that hair colour are due to some Ainu ancestry or something.In this setting, it would be an equivalent to that, I suppose.

I'm just being an idiot, Izaya.  I look forward to your full sheet, the more the merrier!

Quote from: Lustful Bride on January 11, 2015, 06:05:43 PM
I thought that Ada should have that exact reaction.

HHmm...as a side note, since we seem to have a lot of characters, should we have a tag of sorts? to help us keep track of who is who?

A gag system would help I think, although I've done bigger games without them.  It's Wolf's call either way, though.

Juggtacular

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 11, 2015, 06:13:25 PM
I wonder if Aurora will still like Takahashi.

Well we are doing a complete restart. Unfortunately Aurora's attraction to him was the grace and beauty he held. That has changed now, as he is closer in appearance (not exactly mind you) to a Sesalian man. Despite him still having the grace, he is rougher looking - and that probably will not draw her eyes (since it really doesn't draw my eye, and my characters dont' go where I won't... XD)

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

IrishWolf

Well, we will have a roster on the first post of the OOC and I think a simple system for where the characters are will work, for IC posts. Maybe something like Mark's posts from the first attempt at this story.

Question Mark

Quote from: IrishWolf on January 11, 2015, 06:20:43 PM
Well, we will have a roster on the first post of the OOC and I think a simple system for where the characters are will work, for IC posts. Maybe something like Mark's posts from the first attempt at this story.

Do you mean like this?

QuoteName
Precise Location
General Location

For example...

QuoteHenry Jean Vesalier
Second Officer's Cabin
Triomphante

Scribbles

AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Lustful Bride

I just realized, we have a dog in our party, with Gerard keeping Chasseur.  >_< *internaly bracing for future heartache* 

I have a soft spot for dogs.

Question Mark

Quote from: Lustful Bride on January 12, 2015, 10:22:28 PM
I just realized, we have a dog in our party, with Gerard keeping Chasseur.  >_< *internaly bracing for future heartache* 

I have a soft spot for dogs.

Oh no!

Lustful Bride

Question Mark

Quote from: Lustful Bride on January 13, 2015, 07:34:10 AM
I am fully prepared for heartache on the level of I Am Legend.  :P

Oh man, my heart just broke all over again.   :'(

Lustful Bride

Juggtacular

Lustful Bride

Question Mark

Quote from: Lustful Bride on January 13, 2015, 05:01:49 PM
You can mess with a man, but you don't mess with his dog.  >:(

The sterile, intellectual, detached part of me has always boggled at this ridiculous double standard.  We ascribe people all of these rights: the right to happiness, to life, to property, to freedom, rights most people will not give to dogs.  And yet most people would agree with your quoted sentiment.

I have a friend who supports the death penalty only for one crime: animal abuse.

It's amazing how motivating innocence can be.

Well, that was a tangent.  But ya, I think I agree with you.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Question Mark on January 13, 2015, 05:08:09 PM
The sterile, intellectual, detached part of me has always boggled at this ridiculous double standard.  We ascribe people all of these rights: the right to happiness, to life, to property, to freedom, rights most people will not give to dogs.  And yet most people would agree with your quoted sentiment.

I have a friend who supports the death penalty only for one crime: animal abuse.

It's amazing how motivating innocence can be.

Well, that was a tangent.  But ya, I think I agree with you.

Pets are almost family man. *owns a dog rescued form an abusive home*  but should it come down to the wire I would say a Human life is more over that of an animal.........darn we really could use that OOC thread.  :P
Were filling up this recruitment thread with our banter.

Question Mark

Quote from: Lustful Bride on January 13, 2015, 05:10:39 PM
Pets are almost family man. *owns a dog rescued form an abusive home*  but should it come down to the wire I would say a Human life is more over that of an animal.........darn we really could use that OOC thread.  :P
Were filling up this recruitment thread with our banter.

I think it's the injustice that makes people's blood boil.  It definitely heats me up. 

But anyway, an active OOC thread is always a promising sign.  It's just making me look forward to this game even more.

Scribbles

I'd pick a human life over an animal's nearly every time but I'd cry over the loss for days to come...

I think what kills me the most is that when an animal dies, it's pain is likely coupled with confusion. They just don't understand the world and they might even think something horrible, like their caretakers are punishing them...
AA and OO

Question Mark

Man, I feel like I inadvertently made this whole thread really depressing...  :-[

Who can save us from this melancholia?  What power of hope and happiness could possibly pull us back into the light?

...ah, much better!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Question Mark on January 13, 2015, 05:52:59 PM
Man, I feel like I inadvertently made this whole thread really depressing...  :-[

Who can save us from this melancholia?  What power of hope and happiness could possibly pull us back into the light?

...ah, much better!

hahahah yes let the moustache save us!

Juggtacular

Mustaches for everyone!

Scribbles

Quote from: Question Mark on January 13, 2015, 05:52:59 PM

...ah, much better!

Hahahaha, how can I stay all glum in the presence of such a moustache!
AA and OO

IrishWolf

And we have an OOC thread open. I am still working on tweaking my opening IC post. Hopefully, it will be up before I leave for work but if not, tomorrow.

And I have three things to add;

1. That smiling face and excellent mustache, brightens my day

2. I love dogs but that said, we will be going into combat, nasty things may happen.

3. As always, still accepting new characters.

IrishWolf