News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dead Space.

Started by Inkidu, July 14, 2008, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

For those of you who don't know, Dead Space is E.A. Games's soon to be released Sci-Fi/survival horror game. It bosts a ton of head-shot proof badies and zero gravity puzzles and enviroments. The idea, I find, is a very original concept because I can't even think of a survival horror game in space. I hope I interested you, and made you google it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

It looks to me like standard EA affair. Nothing too interesting or original.

Inkidu

Really? I'm sure I've never seen E.A. do a survival horror, or any survival horror game in space. Anyway at least it's not Capcom. Though I do love my Resident Evil 4.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MagicalPen

Isnt DOOM 3 a space-survival-horror game? If i recall, they're on Mars or something.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

ZK

Doom 1/Doom 3 is in an UAC Mars Mining/Research Facility.

Dead Space is on an alien planet mining/research facility.

Most of the weapons in Dead Space are in fact mining equipment.

It might be a decent game but it is in fact taking a bit of things from Doom 1/3 (Same game, just 3 is the remake of 1 and 4 is going to be the remake of 2) with esoteric puzzles like Silent Hill 2+
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

ZK

So, it's Silent Hill merged with Doom with mining equipment with a RE4 shoulder view.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Chris Brady

And that's a problem...  Why?

if it works, don't knock it I say.  Often 'innovative' doesn't make for a fun game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ZK

Since when did I say it was bad or a problem? I was simply pointing out it takes from those successful games not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I'll formulate my opinion after I play it.

Inkidu

Quote from: ZK on July 16, 2008, 01:56:40 PM
Doom 1/Doom 3 is in an UAC Mars Mining/Research Facility.

Dead Space is on an alien planet mining/research facility.

Most of the weapons in Dead Space are in fact mining equipment.

It might be a decent game but it is in fact taking a bit of things from Doom 1/3 (Same game, just 3 is the remake of 1 and 4 is going to be the remake of 2) with esoteric puzzles like Silent Hill 2+
Doom isn't a survival horror game it's a first person shooter.

ZK

I didn't say anything about it being a survival horror.

I was comparing the atmosphere of Doom to Dead Space.

Inkidu

Quote from: ZK on July 19, 2008, 04:22:10 PM
I didn't say anything about it being a survival horror.

I was comparing the atmosphere of Doom to Dead Space.
It was my understanding it all happens on the Ishimura the ship that the protagonist is on.

Sabby

Doom used to be cool... then it had an identity crisis and wanted to be System Shock with lots of gunzors

ZK

I like Doom 3 minus the fact apparently the UAC said "No, you cannot have flash-light mounts on your firearms. I don't care Private. I don't care how dark and spooky it is in the tunnels of Mars. What? What if the power goes out? Well walk around with flashlight only! What? Use your pistol while balancing your flashlight on your forearm? Are you mad? No one uses those tactics anymore!"

*falls over*

Le RandomBloke

Aye, it didn't make any sense at all. But atleast it was kinda extra scary(/annoying)

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Inkidu

That's why God authorized the invention of the "Duck Tape" mod. He got tired of getting owned in the dark.

Chris Brady

Quote from: ZK on July 19, 2008, 09:23:39 PM
I like Doom 3 minus the fact apparently the UAC said "No, you cannot have flash-light mounts on your firearms. I don't care Private. I don't care how dark and spooky it is in the tunnels of Mars. What? What if the power goes out? Well walk around with flashlight only! What? Use your pistol while balancing your flashlight on your forearm? Are you mad? No one uses those tactics anymore!"

*falls over*

Yeah, that's what destroyed the game for me.  I can suspend QUITE a bit of disbelief, but when we in the real world have mounts under rifles, under pistols for flash lights, and somehow a Marine in the Future doesn't have it intergral to his weapon???

Sproing!  There goes the suspenders.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 20, 2008, 11:10:00 AM
Yeah, that's what destroyed the game for me.  I can suspend QUITE a bit of disbelief, but when we in the real world have mounts under rifles, under pistols for flash lights, and somehow a Marine in the Future doesn't have it intergral to his weapon???

Sproing!  There goes the suspenders.
Hell they gave Leon from RE 4 a freaking belt light and this guy doesn't have some kind of pen light or anything.