The Furies (Pathfinder; Harem-esque)

Started by Lunar Raven, November 29, 2015, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar Raven

There will still be general use items like wands, potions, bags of holding, handy haversacks, and the like.

Basically, this time round, characters can stop worrying about searching for specific magic items and worry on survival necessities or occasionally find ingenious solutions to problems.  When magic items do crop up, it should generally be a real treasure.

To summarize, you're not going to be able to walk into any shop and find a magic item, but get to know the local wizard smith and they might do you a favour and make a few things for you.  Of course there's always raiding an evil wizard's layer for more exotic items.  I'll encourage the use of social and knowledge skills to learn about such items and where they might be found.

And there's always the option of crafting them yourself...
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lunar Raven

Merry Christmas (or post-Christmas) to all; hope you've had a great time!

Still on the lookout for 2 more players for this, after dropout; specifically an arcane and divine caster, with priority to the latter.  Creation guide repeated here for convenience, and more information on the campaign in general in the OP post.  The campaign will be a go in the near future (I'm aiming for 1st - 4th Jan.)

BUILD GUIDE

• Use of Points-Buy for ability scores, with 25 points to spend.
  • Starting character level at 6th.
  • Maximum of 2 character traits.
  • +2 inherent bonus to any one Ability Score of choice.
  • This will be a minimal magic item campaign – the focus being on the characters – refer to the Automatic Bonus Progression page for more info.  The bonuses gained are equal to their level.
  • At every level (including first) characters gain 2 bonus skill points that can only be spent on the following skills; Appraise, Artistry, Craft, Handle Animal, Knowledge (engineering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nobility), Linguistics, Lore, Perform, Profession, and Sleight-of-Hand.  Further info can be found on the Background Skills page.
  • All characters begin with 7,000 gp worth of equipment.  Purchased magic items may only be selected from Wondrous Items, Wands, Potions, and Scrolls, no one of which is worth more than 3,000 gp.
  • Full Hp at 1st level.  1/2 of maximum Hp die +1 at subsequent levels (i.e. 4 for d6s, 5 for d8s, etc...)

Idea & Request Thread

Ershin

You mentioned that you were looking for an arcane or divine caster, but mind if I ask which of the archetypes these were and as such were now available, elegant, exotic, mysterious or tainted?

Lunar Raven

Hello Ershin!  As of present, Muse and Blinkin are filling the positions of the Elegant and the Exotic respectively.  That said, the particular beauties are rough guides of things that I was interested in seeing.  Anyone can feel free to come up with a pitch that loosely fits the archetypes and doesn't have to fully conform to the suggested classes (e.g. the Elegant is currently a Kensai Magus, and the Exotic a Swashbuckler/Bard combination).

In short use the mentioned archetype beauties for inspiration rather than a rigid ideal  :-)

Idea & Request Thread

Chulanowa

Renewing interest in "mysterious," since I seem to have thinking time on my hands now.  ;D

Lunar Raven

Great to hear Chul.

Also, since someone brought this to my attention via PM, just because one of the archetype beauties are taken doesn't mean someone else can't base the characters around the same - the four represent women types I'm interested in seeing.

In addition, all character ages have undergone reversal upon their transition back in time (so they have the starting ages of typical characters made during character creation.)  They no longer have an upper limit to their age (so they can't die of old age) but they will still physically age and accrue the relevant penalties (unless they find a way to get around it.)

On that note, they game will span over centuries (if we can keep it going that long) so there's going to be 'transition' periods between adventures.

Idea & Request Thread

ChaoticSky

*counts* Drat, so your filled up again then?

Blinkin

I suspect that this is still on a non-first come basis. Submit a profile and I'm sure that she'll consider it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Lunar Raven

Idea & Request Thread

ChaoticSky

So! Lunar has been chatting with me abit recently to enquire if i was still interested. And I am! But I'm kinda holding up the game here, sooo... i figured id toss my sheet up and work on it here, and maybe we can chat some ^^. Our group supposedly knew each other very well and were at the very least, close companions, so its probably worthwhile to discuss how we all got along and such before the game started. My character, who im tentatively calling Miska is a Psychic and a worshipper of the gods of the dark tapestry, particularly Shub-Niggurath. Shes really nice!

And also more than alittle nuts!

But in a nice, fun way.

...Most of the time.

Mixing the Tainted and Mysterious concepts to a degree. Dont mind the tentacles!  :P

(still very much a WIP)
Miska

Name: Miska
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Shub-Niggurath
Level: 6 Psychic D6

Bio
Background

Personality

Stats
Abilities

StatValueContribution
Str10(0)10(0point)
Dex12(1)12(2point)
Con14(2)14(5point)
Int22(6)17(13point)+2(race)+1(4thlvl)+2(Prog)
Wis10(0)10(0point)
Cha16(3)14(5point)+2(gmbonus)

Derived Stats

StatValueContribution
BAB+3
Fort5+2Class+2Con+1Prog
Ref5+2Class+1DexB+1Prog
Will6+5Class+0WisB+1Prog
CMB4+3BAB+0StrB
CMD1610+3BAB+0StrB+1DexB
AC1210+1DexB+1Prog+Armour

HP: 38/38

Skills
2+6int(+2bg)/lvl
10sp+6bg
Bluff (Cha)
Craft (Int)
Diplomacy (Cha) 9 3+6sp
Fly (Dex) 5 3+2sp
Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge[Arcana] (Int) 5 3+2sp
Knowledge[Nature] (Int) 5 3+2sp
Knowledge[Religion] (Int) 5 3+2sp
Knowledge[Dungeoneering] 5 (Int) 3+2sp
Linguistics (Int)
Perception (Wis) 9 3+6sp
Perform[Dance] (Cha) 9 3+6bg
Sense Motive (Wis)
Spellcraft (Int) 9 3+6sp
Swim (Str) 5 3+2sp

Languages: Common, Aklo, Draconic, Aboleth, Necril, Protean, Abyssal

Features, Feats & Traits

Features
Human
Type: Humanoid (Human)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft land
Languages: Common
Ability Score: +2 choice [Cha]
Feat&Skill: Bonus Feat
Fey Magic: Gain Low Light Vision; Swim, Perform as classskill. Gain three lvl0/one lvl1 druid spells as SLA in a particular terrain type. DC cha-based.
Terrain:
-
-
-
-
Favoured Class: Psychic: +1spellknown, lvl less than max. +0spells/+0SP/+0HP
Progression
Resistance: Gain +1 on all saves.
Armour Attunement: Gain +1 on a set of armour
Weapon Attunement: Gain +1 on a chosen weapon
Deflection: Gain +1 deflection to AC
Mental prowess: Gain +2 on a mental stat
Psychic
Proficiency: All simple weapons.
Spells: Casts psychic spells from the psychic’s spell list. DC against a spell is 10+spell’s lvl+IntB. At 4th lvl and every even lvl after, trade one spell for a new one. Knacks (lvl0 spells) don’t consume slots unless cast as a higher level (via Metamagic).
Phrenic Pool (Su): Has a pool of supernatural mental energy that she can draw upon to manipulate psychic spells as she casts them. Phrenic pool points = 1/2 lvl+ChaB. Replenishes each morning after 8hrs of rest or meditation; these hours don’t need to be consecutive. Current: 9/9
Phrenic Amplifications: Can activate phrenic amplifications while using psychic magic,
-
-
Psychic Discipline (Ex or Sp): Gains additional spells known based on selected discipline. Each discipline gives a number of discipline powers additional spells known. DC against a psychic discipline ability = 10+1/2 lvl+IntB.
=
-
-
Detect Thoughts (Sp): Can use detect thoughts as SLA 1/day. Can also expend spell slots cast detect thoughts. (slot used to determine DC)
Detect Thoughts (1stand. T/E. Rng: 60ftCone. Dur: Cons max1min/lvl. Save:WillNeg; SR: No)
School: Divination [mind-affecting]
Effect: Detect surface thoughts; more info per round:
1st: Presence or absence of thoughts (conscious with Int1 or higher).
2nd: Number of thinking minds and Int of each. If Int is 10 points over yours, you are stunned  for 1rnd. Does not determine location of the minds if you can't see them.
3rd: Read surface thoughts of any mind in the area. Creatures of Int 1 or 2 have simple, instinctual thoughts.
Can penetrate barriers up to 1 ft of stone, 1" metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 ft of wood or dirt.

Feats
-Improved Initiative: +4 Init.
-
-
-
-

Traits
-Headonist:
+Unspeakable Bond: +2 Diplo with Aberrations.
+Magical Lineage
+

Magic
Spells
Type: Psychic
0 ∞
-Dancing Lights
-Detect Magic
-Lullaby
-Mage Hand
-Mending
-Prestidigitation
-Telekinetic Projectile
1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{
-Charm Person
-Magic Missile
-Shield
-Unseen Servant
2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{
-Mind Thrust II
-Silence
3 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{
-Fly

Equipment

Weapons [ lbs]

Armour [ lbs]

Items [ lbs]
Kit, Courtesan's [5 lbs]
-a razor
-scented oils and salves
-fragrances
-a warming pot
-a variety of appealing outfits.
-Books of poetry, literature, and plays -often focusing on salacious topics and full of double entendres.

Misc

Gold
+Starting [7000]
-Kit, Courtesan's [10]

-Handy Haversack [2000]
-Lesser Logical Metamagic Rod [3000]
>

EXP: 0
Wanted Lists (stuff to remember for when i get some money)
Gear ideas
-Magic Bedroll (Endure Elements. Heal classlvl HP in addition to normal for 8h sleep)
-Bag Of Holding I: Contains: 250lb, 30 ft3. 15lb
-Chaos Emerald: Various abilities, with a limited pool of use.
-Ring of Psychic Mastery
-greater talisman of healing power

Feat Ideas
-spell perfection
-spell focus/greater

Notes

Grizzly

If it's not a first come first served sort of submission, maybe I'll try my luck.  :)
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Muse

Ooooh, two more potential players?  Excellent! 

Nice to meet you both.  Any way I can help? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

Almost done with my offering on this  :D should have her up later today; it's super-late right now though.