Star Wars (for beginners)

Started by HairyHeretic, April 10, 2011, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

i know I want to do delta for this game, but i need to know if stats are rolled or allocated, I don't have a preference.
there is no set write up for the B3 commando, so I'm going to have to custom design this one (we played in a diffrent star wars edition)here's what I know

When alone or in a squad they use inflitration and terror tactics against enemies.
They impersionated clones in the series due to their humanoid frame and voice replicator.
when part of a large battle unit they play a supporting role, engaging jedi and clones in hand to hand or striking from cover, they are the only droid to use cover, they have jumping and running abilities on par with padwans, that let them keep up.
they are fast and carry vibro knives in addition to the same weapons as the B1 battle droid which they use with superior ability to their B1 brothers, and as I mentioned, fighting from cover.
their body armor is thicker than the B1, but weaker than the B2

in the series they usually take two or three hits from blasters to kill, the B3 taking much more.

they learn from combat, and make decisions on the fly giving them greater flexability, which is their main strengh, but to prevent them from developing independence they are scrubbed after each battle.
Dispite their superority over the B1, they are far more costly to produce, and the B2 is better as heavy infantry, because of their cost they are never deployed in Massive numbers like most droids, and are therefore support troops.

about their intelligence, they are given objectives by the same computer that controls all the other droids on the battlefield, but they have leeway on how to accomplish those objectives. usually the commands are such as "kill this target, destroy that target, capture location, cover commander, support this unit" and so on.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-MIczXJ2R9w/Ski88etVL-I/AAAAAAAACn8/3wA8gm6Ddtc/s400/BX-series_droid_commando.jpg
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

HairyHeretic

The rules for droid characters are in the Scavangers Guide to Droids book. I know at least one of the droids is a military model, so we should be able to get something together for you. I seem to recall Droid PCs are created a bit differently, but I've not created one myself, so will need to brush up on those rules.

Since we seem to have a mixture of roll / no preference, I'll go with rolling.

4d6, drop the lowest, assign where you want them.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Ironwolf85

understood, I actually have a the star wars d20 main book.. me and the DM hashed somthing out last time for the other system
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Blue Leah

Cool. I will have to get a character sheet up once I get my computer back up and running. Trying to fill out a character sheet with an iPhone might be very frustrating. :P

HairyHeretic

Trying to fill out a character sheet from an iPhone would drive me nuts I think :)

I can paste in a text only character sheet for people to use, if they don't want to register anywhere else. It won't be as pretty as those others, but it will do the job.

Another question ... forum play or live? Assuming we could find a time that worked for everyone, I would like to try running this over Mumble, but we can always use the forums. What do people prefer?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

NosCorventius

not framiliar with mumble at all and I waskinda hoping to see how a system game played out in forum form anyways so my preferrence is in Forum.

HairyHeretic

Fairly similar to around a table, but slooooooooooooooooooower  ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Blue Leah

Depending on the day, I could probably work out a time to play over Mumble. I am down for either though.

Ironwolf85

no mumble for me.... I have dialup... the high speed like stops about half a mile short of my house

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

I vote for forums as well. Anycase here is Mick's stats done by invisible caste;

STR 10, DEX 17, CON 12, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 13

Blue Leah

Here is the stat block for the as of yet unnamed Kel Dor Scout:

11 Str, 16 Dex, 12 Con, 14 Int, 12 Wis, 10 Cha
http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/26554/

HairyHeretic

Do you guys have access to the books to sort skills and talent trees, as well as racial modifiers, or do you need help with those?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Blue Leah

I have temporary access to the core book.

HairyHeretic

Ok. If you've any questions, you know where to find me :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 13, 2011, 05:58:23 PM
Do you guys have access to the books to sort skills and talent trees, as well as racial modifiers, or do you need help with those?

I have none the books :/. So need guided by hand to hand in char creation.

HairyHeretic

Not a problem. If you use any IM programs regularly, we can go through it there. Failing that, PM is probably handiest.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 14, 2011, 06:35:10 AM
Not a problem. If you use any IM programs regularly, we can go through it there. Failing that, PM is probably handiest.

Ok, sending PM.....

HairyHeretic

If anyone needs a hand, I can be available via PM or IM. Just let me know what you need.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Blue Leah

Money roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2982776/

9 x 250: 2250

My sheet so far:
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8447

Not sure how to start with equipment, though.

HairyHeretic

I give everyone max money and hitpoints to start.

PM me a list of the sort of equipment that you're interested in, and I'll give you prices.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

SinXAzgard21

I saw this and had to add that I have a lot of the books in PDF. Format.  if that would help in anyway.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Blue Leah

HairyHeretic

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 15, 2011, 06:52:06 PM
I saw this and had to add that I have a lot of the books in PDF. Format.  if that would help in anyway.

*Ahem*

From the site rules

QuoteThis server is governed by the laws of the United States. You will not link to or provide warez, illegal pdfs or mp3s, and so on.

So, while the offer to help is appreciated, we must refuse :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Ironwolf85

type 4 droids genrally have +2 dex +2 con -4 int this would apply to delta too, probably increased armor, sealed, hardcoded, etc I have no idea where those jumping skills come from, but other characters have the skill that aren't jedi... is it just extra skill points?