Flight of the Broken-Winged Crane [Exalted 2.5 GSPs & More - Recruitment Thread]

Started by Cessali, September 01, 2013, 12:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorn14

@Jarick: I hear you, I'm just worried the party size might be a bit large enough already and one more might be too much.

Wheresmycow

Updated to latest.

Sanger, the Dawn Charger
Sanger, the Dawn Charger

Player:Wheresmycow
Type:Solar
Caste:Dawn
Motivation:To Protect People from the Predation of the Strong
Anima:Like the sun rising at the beginning of the day, light begins to emit from his caste mark, flaring quickly as if as impetuous as Sanger.  As his anima grows in power, the light blazes in intensity, like the sun at noon in the South.  Fully manifested, it takes on the form of a towering centaur, the upper torso clad in heavy and ornate plate that merges into barding at the lower body.  The centaur holds a shield in one hand, and a weapon that shifts from lance to sword when appropriate.  His totem is faceless, with a helm that completely obscures it's feature, not even possessing eye holes.  The only distinguishing mark is the symbol of the sun emblazoned on it.
Birthday:1st of Ascending Fire
Height:6'1"
Weight:207
Skin:Heavy tan
Hair:Fiery red
Eyes:Dark brown

Bio

History:
Sanger came from a long line of Marukani circuit riders. Dedicated to the idea of protecting others, it was a family boast that no one in their family had ever died in vain or in bed. As such, it was no surprise when Sanger became one himself. Bold and brave, he was relentless in his pursuit of criminals, and did his best to dispense justice as fairly as he could. A major fault though was his headstrong nature, making him rather brash.

This culminated one evening when he was tracking down a group of bandits that had attacked a small caravan of merchants and slaughtered everyone. Having found where they lay, Sanger announced himself to the bandits, telling them to surrender and face justice or die. Too late did he realize that the group of bandits were composed of a Raksha and its hobgoblin minions. Sensing that his doom was upon him, he nevertheless charged into battle, seeking to take down as many of them as possible and avenge the dead.  Through luck and skill, he had managed to hew through the hobgoblins, only to face the Fairfolk noble in single combat.

His fight was desperate, but Sanger wouldn't run, even as the battle went on and on, until he could barely hold his sword up.  He knew that the noble was taunting him, and could have struck him down many times, but Sanger still held on.  Then, as the sun crested over the horizon, he could feel himself grow stronger.  It was like gaining a second wind, but so much more potent and invigorating.  He watched the noble's eyes widen and watched the creature lunging forward to strike him down, but the movements were so slow and Sanger easily parried it aside.  The battle raged on once again, but this time the noble was the one being hard pressed, until it was forced to runaway.  Before it fully escaped though, it shouted out a final curse:

Their battle would be unfinished, their stories bound together.  Just as the dawn follows after the moon but never reaches it, so would Sanger chase after it and never quite catch it.  Only when the dawn touches the moon would their story and battle come to an end.

And so Sanger rides, his circuit all of Creation now, to avenge wrongs, protect the innocent, and obtain that final confrontation.

Personality:
Sanger could be known across Creation, but he has no desire for fame.  He could lead armies into glorious battle, but he has no desire for command.  He could rule a nation, but he has no desire to rule.  There is only one thing he aspires to, since he was a boy sitting on his father's knee, to when he first took his first route as a Circuit Rider, and now as one of the Unconquered Sun's Chosen: to ride, to hear the hoof beats of his mount beneath him and feel the winds caress on his face, as he searches for who needs him next and come to their aid.

Sanger has a certain earthiness to his character.  Having spent most of his life wandering, he lacks the refinement in his speech that most city-dwellers would have, but it doesn't cross into rudeness.  Rather, Sanger is a welcoming fellow, with an easy-going cheer and an enjoyment for the simple pleasures in life.  He feels comfortable with peoples of any station, neither exalting his status or others.  As a man of action, he can be impulsive and spontaneous, but never without care for others.  Indeed, selflessness seems to be the core of his personality, as well as a stubborn dedication to the notions of bravery and honour.  Sanger is a man of his word, even in a world where he acknowledges that there are others who do not share the same beliefs.

Character Stats

ATTRIBUTES
[] Strength••••[] Charisma•••••[] Perception••••
[] Dexterity•••••[] Manipulation•••••[] Intelligence•••••
[] Stamina•••••[] Appearance•••••[] Wits••••

ABILITIES/SPECIALTIES
DawnZenithTwilight
[•] Archery•••••[•] Integrity••••[] Craft•••••
[•] Martial Arts•••••[] Performance•••••[] Investigation•••••
[•] Melee•••••[•] Presence••••[] Lore••••
[•] Thrown•••••[] Resistance•••••[] Medicine•••••
[•] War•••••[•] Survival•••••[] Occult••••

NightEclipseSpecialties
[] Athletics•••••[] Bureaucracy•••••Melee(Sword and Shield)•••
[•] Awareness•••••[] Linguistics••••Specialty•••
[] Dodge•••••[•] Ride•••••Specialty•••
[] Larceny•••••[] Sail•••••Specialty•••
[] Stealth•••••[] Socialized•••••Specialty•••

Languages:

BACKGROUNDS
Artifact: Orichalcum Super Heavy Plate - Guardian of Creation•••••
Artifact: Shield of the Dawning Sun•••••
Artifact: Orichalcum Reaver Daiklaive - Zankanto•••••
Manse: Gem of Perfect Mobility•••••
Allies: Hiparkes, the Marukani God of Horse and their Riders•••••
Resources•••••

VIRTUES
Compassion••••
Conviction•••••
Temperance••••
Valor••••
Limit[••••• •••••]
Flaw:Red Rage of Compassion

Essence: ••••• •••••
Personal Pool: 25/25
Peripheral Pool: 43/57 (Commited: 14m)
Overdrive: 0/10

Willpower: ••••• •••••
Temp Willpower: 10/10
Intimacies
Positive
-Bravery (respect)
-Compassion for others (respect)
-Honor (respect)
-Horses (likes)
-Independence and Self-reliance (appreciates)
-Temperance/Keeping your cool (admires/envies/wishes he could do that)
-True Love (admires)
Negative
-Bandits (dislikes)
-Fairfolk (dislikes)
-Guild (dislikes)
-Slavery (hates)
-Sloth, both moral and actual laziness (hates)

HEALTH LEVELS

-1••
-2••
INCAP
DYING

ATTACKS
Physical

WeaponSpeedAccuracyDamageDefenseRateTagsNotes
Zankanto5+4+8L/2+13O
Shield of the Dawning Sun5+1+1B+61M, Sh0

DEFENSES
Physical
Soak:  6L/6B (+17L/+17B)
Hardness:  1L/1B (11L/11B)
Dodge DV: 6
Parry DV: 12

Social
Dodge MDV: 10
Parry MDV: 4

Charms

Awareness
2nd Awareness Excellency
Panoptic Fusion Discipline
Surprise Anticipation Technique

Integrity
2nd Integrity Excellency
Integrity-Protecting Prana
Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver

Melee
2nd Melee Excellency
Supreme Perfection of Melee
Dipping Swallow Defense
Bulwark Stance
Heaven Guardian Defense
Protection of Celestial Bliss
Perfect Blade Aegis
Hungry Tiger Technique
Perfected Battle Array
Final Sunset Stance
Fading Light Quickening

Presence
2nd Presence Excellency
Majestic Radiant Presence
Irresistible Salesman Spirit

Resistance
Invincible Essence Reinforcement

Ride
2nd Riding Excellency
Master Horseman's Techniques - Harmony of Spirits Style
Phantom Steed

Survival
2nd Survival Excellency
Hardship Surviving Medicant Spirit

War
2nd War Excellency
Heroism-Encouraging Prescence

Panoply

-Guardian of Creation (Soak: +17L/+17B, Hardness: 11L/11B, Mobility: -2, Fatigue: 2, 9m.) A set of armor reminiscent of the First Age, the armor is more curved and elegant than its Second Age counterparts. It is also colored differently, being primarily ivory with gold gilding. At the center of the chest is the symbol of the sun in its blazing glory. The helm is a wing-tipped front mask, the eyes of which give the impression of being stern and unyielding.
-Shield of the Dawning Sun (Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +2B, Defense +6, Rate 1, Tags: M, Sh0.) This shield is a beautiful curved kite shield, made from exotic materials from the First Age.  The front surface of the shield has a pearlescent sheen to it, shimmering with all the colours of the dawn.  With motes committed to it, the sheen becomes a dazzling, shinning display in combat, able to baffle even the surest stroke.  The wearer may apply Parry DV against unblockable attacks.
-Zankanto (Speed 5, Accuracy +4, Damage +8L/2, Defense +1, Rate 3, Tags: O.) A single-bladed weapon of straight lines and hard angles, what it lacks in elegance and design it makes for in cutting power and durability.
-Level 2 Hearthstone.

EXPENDITURES

EXP Spent726/730
Attributes:
1>4 Strength (24)
1>5 Dexterity (40)
1>3 Stamina (12)
1>3 Charisma (12)
1>2 Manipulation (4)
1>3 Appearance (12)
1>4 Perception (24)
1>2 Intelligence (4)
1>4 Wits (24)
=156

Abilities:
Martial Arts 2 (4)
Melee: 5 (19)
Sword and Shield 3 (9)
War: 5 (19)
Awareness: 5 (19)
Integrity: 4 (12)
Presence: 4 (12)
Ride: 5 (19)
Survival: 5 (19)
Athletics: 2 (5)
Dodge: 3 (9)
Linguistics: 1 (3)
Lore: 1 (3)
Occult: 1 (3)
Resistance: 3 (9)
= 164

Backgrounds:
Artifact 3 (9)
Artifact 3 (9)
Artifact 2 (6)
Allies 3 (9)
Manse 5 (15)
Resources 2 (6)
=51

Charms:
2nd Awareness Excellency (Free)
Panoptic Fusion Discipline (8)
Surprise Anticipation Technique (8)
2nd Integrity Excellency (Free)
Integrity-Protecting Prana (8)
Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver (8)
2nd Melee Excellency (Free)
Supreme Perfection of Melee (8)
Dipping Swallow Defense (8)
Bulwark Stance (8)
Heaven Guardian Defense (8)
Protection of Celestial Bliss (8)
Perfect Blade Aegis (8)
Hungry Tiger Technique (8)
Perfected Battle Array (8)
Final Sunset Stance (8)
Fading Light Quickening (8)
2nd Presence Excellency (Free)
Majestic Radiant Presence (8)
Irresistible Salesman Spirit (8)
Invincible Essence Reinforcement  (10)
2nd Riding Excellency (Free)
Master Horseman's Techniques - Harmony of Spirits Style (8)
Phantom Steed (8)
Hero Rides Away (8)
2nd Survival Excellency (Free)
Hardship Surviving Medicant Spirit (8)
2nd War Excellency (Free)
Heroism-Encouraging Prescence
=178

3>5 Essence (56)
5 >10 Willpower (70)
1>4 Compassion(18)
1>3 Conviction (12)
1>4 Valour (18)
=174
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ShadowFox89

Anyone want to have a bit of a history with Cail(ana)? Would have to be more recent history, s/he doesn't remember much from further than a year ago.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

I wouldnt mind! but my char isnt up yet, so i can hardly make a proper request :<

Anon315

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Anon315 on September 07, 2013, 11:29:03 PM
Why does my guy say Fiend... thus far he's Eclipse...
I'm guessing because you mentioned you were considering going GSP and Jarick took it as a sure thing?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Anon315

Ah. Well perhaps still might be... hadn't specifically decided yet. It goes more to balance what we need. I can either be a selfish jerk or a selfish jerk with a nicer attitude. (( And whatever advances my goals will advance the party's goals. I'm not a COMPLETELY selfish jerk. That you can prove. ))

ShadowFox89

I think I'd prefer the nicer attitude :P

Cail(ana) isn't selfish, just... odd. The Question/Rorschach of the group. Minus the mental instability.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

Well there you are. And my character isn't WHOLLY selfish, just definitely aligned with his own goals before those of others necessarily. I think he'd make a fine GSP but he could also make a decent solar. It's whatever we'd like me to be. I will build the character from there, unless I should already be building, in which case tell me which to build and it shall be so.

EDIT: Looking at Adorjani or Ophidian if I do go Fiend.

ShadowFox89

Build whatever you find most fun and comfortable to work with, it's your character.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

Actually this character is an attempt to exit my most comfortable zone, as I'm not playing a Lunar. Already playing enough lunars.

ChaoticSky

Cessali

Okay, -that- is a recipe for hilarity.

Thought you were sure about the Fiend, Anon, or I'd not have put it there.  Thus far, the gathered characters look divided fairly evenly between matters -- a Dawn errant, a pair of Defilers, a Malefactor, a Changing Moon-- and subsequently there's not an easy "what does a group need" factor.  Both the Eclipse and the Fiend have access to Oathery powers; an Eclipse is by Solar Charms way better when working with larger groups and societies, and a Fiend is by Ebon Dragon Charms way better at breaking them down in ways that leave little to work with.

You don't need to have a sheet until the 15th, but I'll be more than happy to look things over.  I haven't done more than skim what's been submitted thus far, but that's what Tuesday will be for.

I still need shorthand character bio/interests + three loves and a hate about Exalted from Shadow, Zaer, Rajah, and Anon.  This helps me plan things out, so when you have the time, I would be most appreciative.  :D

ShadowFox89

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"So luv, tell me a little 'bout you. Where'd you come from?" The man said as he trailed kisses down Cailana's bare legs. Reynard, that was his name. He was the magistrate for this port province in the north. He was also a shameless womanizer and had been secretly selling his populace off to the local fair folk for decades. He wasn't bad looking, he had the rugged sort of looks that you'd expect from a man born in the North.

"Well, I..." Cailana stopped and shuddered for a moment as his kisses reached her inner thigh, "I was born out west, to a fairly large family. Old man was a fisher, ma was the queen of the house though. I didn't learn anything 'bout sailing though. Wasn't the proper place for a girl. Storm mothers didn't like it you see, when a gal prettier than them was on a boat. And the storm mothers, well, they're fairly ugly."

"And you, you are beautiful enough to make any goddess jealous." Reynard said, resting his head on her belly. "But, how did you come all the way here? To the north?"

"Well... There aren't many opportunities for a gal out west, you're two choices are usually get married off or become a Tya. Neither option really suited me. So I slipped aboard a ship dressing myself as a boy, I had no breasts back then, and made my way East. I got lucky, if a Storm Mother noticed me I would have got tossed overboard."

"Oh? But that brings you to the Isle at most."

"Indeed it does. But I'm afraid this is the end." Cailana said, sitting up. Reynard tried to move away as she drew her moonsilver sword from within her collar, swearing. But he was too slow, her legs keeping him from moving. The sword plunged into his back, coating the lunar's tanned skin in crimson.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Edited my charsheet included three things I love and one thing I dislike about exalted.

ChaoticSky

WIP, Almost done
Valiant Reign of Hope
Valiant Reign of Hope, 'Vali', The Reborn Queen

Player:Darkling
Caste:Zenith
Motivation:To protect her kingdom and bring similar prosperity to all of Creation.
Anima:Vali's anima is powerful and symbolic in its simplicity; At the lower levels it lines her body in golden fire, seeming to flare out from her heart before flowing across her body in waves. As the anima grows, it becomes a sphere of golden radiance that encloses her body entirely, centered on her heart, which now shines like a star. At the totemic level it becomes a towering mile-high pillar of laser-focused golden light, with a nearly opaque core of white fire that seems to emanate from her entire upper torso, blowing her hair skyward and leaving her eyes visible only as brighter pricks of light within the conflagration.
Birthday:26th of Decending Fire
Height:5'6"
Weight:No.
Skin:Tanned
Hair:Charcol
Eyes:Gold

Bio

The Past

Vali's First Age incarnation was a solar named Golden Arms Zeal, a Zenith caste martial artist, renowned and named for the loss of his arms during the battles against the Primordials, his body cursed with terrible magics that blocked even Solar regeneration to prevent him from regrowing his lost limbs. He compensated with a pair of arms of Clockwork Elegance, or to be more precise, his arms where the prototypes for that later creation, crafted and fitted to his form by Autocthon and Twilight artisans, their might and power proved far greater than what he had enjoyed with his original arms, their touch alone could nullify shaping and he developed many personal charms to further improve their power. So much so that, by the a cure was finally found for the curse, he learned the charm, but did not use it.

After the war, like Queen Merela, he maintained close relations with the Dragon Kings after the ascension of the solars and receipt of the Mandate. In them he saw what he considered the ideal state of being, especially the Antlok, who like the Zenith caste solars where naturally implied priestkings of their kind, but who built no great temples or monuments. Instead, these noble saurians wandered the world, seeking adventure and glory, making fields of battle their temples and the blood of their enemies their prayers. He considered this pure and noble methodology to be truer to the will of Sol; Surely the temperate Ignus Divine disapproved of gaudy solar temple-palaces and elaborate ritualized courtly prayer. After all, if he didnt approve, why not direct the Dragon Kings otherwise?

This line of reasoning was, to his mind, fully proven when Sol turned his back on the solars, and he threw himself into the Wyld, battling fairfolk and driving reality into the teeth of the Wyld, fixing causality and expanding Creation on a personal crusade, meant to emulate the deeds of the Dragon Kings in the early days Creation and regain the favour of the Sun. His crusade was still ongoing when the Usurpation occurred, and his legion of Dragon Blooded warriors turned on him in the Wyld, his arms were sabotaged before the battle began, and during the melee his Lunar companion was killed, but he would not fall so easily, and retaliated by ripping up the laws he had laid down, and dropping the entire area that held their camp back into the Wyld, where the Fairfolk were only too happy to 'help' with the problem. Ten days later, he returned to Creation proper, armless and wounded, but alive, and no sign of his legion was ever been found.

It did not take him long to realize that what had happened to him was no freak, wyld-spawned betrayal, The evidence was before his eyes, he could see the burning cities from where he stood, and his charmed brought him the Truth before long. Still struggling to appreciate the scope of what was being done to the world, his mind immediately went to his young daughter, and he feared for her safety. He had not seen her in many years, a god blooded mortal, she would have grown fast and strong, but neither she nor her mother were any match for the exalted forces that even now hunted the remaining Solars, and for all he knew; those closest to them. He immediately set off for his home with all the world spanning speed he could muster, and arrived to find his villa a ruin, and feared the worst. He called out to the ruins, too fearful of what he might find if he called up his magic to seek her out. And he was answered twice. First, came the answering call of his daughter, blessedly safe, who emerged from the ruins, the child of one of the house staff in hand, and ran towards him. Second, came the motic hum of airships, a entire fleet, casting off the magics that had hidden them, all around, they filled the sky.

What followed was recorded, and is considered by the few scholars of such matters, to be one of the biggest mistakes of the of the entire Usurpation. The Sidereal commander ordered the ships to attack... with his daughter in the line of fire. She was slain in the opening salvo of the assault, and in his grief, Zeal lost is mind entirely; his valour, pain and righteous anger coalescing into a mote of transcendent inspiration that caused him to simultaneously invent and master a new Celestial martial art, one based on valorous fury and destruction. Which he used to devastating effect on the skyships that had been sent after him... and then, on the entire south. In the end he slew thousands of dragonbloods and a dozen or more Sidereals, leveled half the South and caused more death and destruction than the breaking of the Dam and creation of the White Sea did in the North before he was finally taken down. Whats more, the echos of his fury reached all the way to Hell, where Malfeas used his transcendent intellect to reverse engineer the style for the creation of his Infernal Monster, which like everything else in Hell, is a debased mirrior of the original style of Zeal.

The Girl
Vali was born with a different name, far to the north; a child of Deshan, a slave. She served as a slave to uncaring patricians, most often as a house-slave, cleaning their palaces and other little duties around their home, her parents where personal servants of a patrician household and so she was afforded a slightly better quality of life than some, though she was still a slave. Her life, such as it was, came to a end when one of the elder Patricians took a liking to her and tried to seduce her with a kind hand and sweets... though his interests turned out to be far more perverse. Though she was still a child, he tried to take her to this bed, however she refused and escaped, the old patrician unable to keep up with the girl. In his fury at being rejected, he said that she had attacked him, and had her drugged with opium until she was more.... pliant, though instead of sending her to the fields, he kept her around, under the pretense of using her as a example. He used her alright, for over a year, the young girl was frequently abused, and almost never escaped the has of opium. That was when the old man's wife discovered his 'affair', she banished Vali to the fields, with specific orders to the guards to have her worked to death, to get around having to ask permission to execute a slave.

They naturally took this a permission to do whatever they wanted with her, since she was slated for death anyway and another round of abuse began, this time however, things were much worse, rather than being the favourite toy of a perverse patrician, she was a slave labourer who was passed around the guards barracks at night, often she got no sleep at all. By the end of the week she was nearly dead, a drug hazed skeleton on legs... but thats when she found her will once more, she was so wasted, the guards hardly bothered to watch her any more, and on one particular morning, she stood in the fields and saw the sun setting... the sight touched something in her, and without realizing it.... took one step, then another, and then more, trees rose in her path, and branches lashed across her body like a master's whips, but she barely felt them, she wanted to see where the sun went at night, and all else seemed to fall away... just her and the sun, but strange, now that she really looked, the sun looked like a man with four arms. He had a kind smile, and extended a hand to her, as if beckoning her onward.

She was awoken by the spray of chill surf on her face,  the haze of opium was gone from her mind, and looking down at herself, she found she was hole and hale, even her slave brand was gone. In a panic, she realized that she had escaped.

The Exalt\
She looked around fearfully, expecting to see the landscape of the nearby White Sea.... but what met her eyes was nothing but, a endless expanse of white and blue, with none of the landmarks she knew...

The Queen
Working together with Rannoc, Vali was able to save the crew of a ship that crashed on a reef in the wyld oceans, and brought them to the island to recover. As it turned out, they were not the crew (hense the crash) but slaves who had mutinied and taken over the ship, Vali offered them a place on the island, or transportation to Wavecrest if they wished to leave. Many chose to stay, seeing rightly that this was a place where they slave brands would not matter, and with the aid of dragon kings, they built a small village. Those who had left however, proved to be the most valuable assets in growing their nation, as they told stories of the land they had found, of its beneficent queen and lizard guardians who walked like men. Within the year, the story had caught on and spread far and wide, gaining the name of Sanctum. Before long those who would began to seek it out, braving the dangers for a chance at freedom and equality, and the island's human population rose rapidly, the village became and town, and then a city. Rannoc and Vali ruled jointly, overseeing the building and legislature, acting as a example of how the two races could work together. Together they forged Sanctum as it exists today, a bare few years from its conception, as a progressive metropolis, defended by humans and dragon kings, backed up with might of the island's god, and the essence weaponry of the isle's two manses, filled with happy people who share and work together for mutual benefit, with a culture of open sexuality, and sincere faith in the Sun.

As a ruler, Vali is seen as fair handed and kind, and none work harder than her to make it all work. When she is not with Rannoc, or engaged in offical duties, she spends much of her time wandering Sanctum, chatting with the people and dragon kings, providing aid here and there, and assisting with difficult tasks. Some of the smugger citizens consider her as much mascot as queen, and affectionately referr to her as Gentle Breeze. No one with two braincells to rub together question her spine and resolve though, as she is often at the forefront of repelling Fairfolk incursions, and out of moral obligation and religious duty, she performs all executions herself. Of which there have been blessedly few.

Many feel some degree of trepidation about her leaving, but that she will has been long known and the people have come to accept it, the fact that this puts them under the rule of Rannoc alone doesnt particularly concern them however, a strong trust exists between the humans the dragon kings of Sanctum, forged in their battles against the Fairfolk and shared struggle to build a future better than any of their pasts.

Personality
Vali is a fundamentally just and righteous person, she genuinely cares about people, both in the specific sense of the human and dragon king inhabitants of her kingdom, and in general, and wants to create a land where everyone is happy. As a priestess-queen of the Sun, she is a devout believer follower and righteous crusader against the forces that would tear creation apart, the Fair Folk in particular, have a special place in her ire.

That all well and good, but as they say, the devil is in the details. Vali takes a somewhat inverted ideology towards nation building, most nations create a structure and fit people into it, with those who do not fit into a ordained role becoming criminals, outcasts, dissidents, or worse. Instead, she seeks to shape her nation to suit her people, the core of her ideology is that a good kingdom should have a place for everyone, no one should be unwanted or excluded that didnt choose such status for themselves. As such she strives to guide those with negative personality traits into harmony with the rest of society, rather than marginalizing them, and this extends to her interactions with anyone. Confronted with all but the blackest of souls she would try to guide their nature to some positive use... That said, she is both human and there are limits to her equanimity; While she understands that slavery is necessary to maintain other (lesser!) civilizations, masters who are abusive or exceptionally cruel, can expect a rather blunt, fist-shaped, response. Woe betide the slave owners of Deshan should she ever return to her homeland, and if those three gods have a issue with it, she has a fist for them too. Truly black souls, such as most Deathlords, and demons, non-friendly Raksha, and the most unhinged or despicable of mortal and exalt criminals she will purge and offer up their hearts to the Sun, that in burning away their darkness, the world may be made alittle brighter.

Shes been well educated on the First Age, though her learning is specifically though the lens of recorded Dragon King lore about that time, which places a particular slant on much of her considerations about that era, for example, her version of the solar faith is more or less a copy of the Dragon King's, rather than anything the Solar Deliberative ever approved of. She knows that the ancient Solars did things differently, but since their civilization fell, clearly they werent doing it right. Also, due to the increasing isolation of the Dragon Kings towards the end of the Deliberative peroid, she knows nothing about how erratic solars became during the twilight years of the First Age. One particularly important thing she did learn was about the various reality-reinforcing devices the ancient solars made, placing them at the very top of her list of things she would like to find, reckoning that a couple Reality Engines or a cache of Jade Pillars could re-stabilize large swaths of the West. Short of genocide, shes willing to do a great deal to get them.

Vali has a wanderer's soul, she loves to go to new places, see new things, and meet new people, It drove her to escape her old life, and its part of the reason her leaving the island at some point was always a foregone conclusion. No one expects her to remain forever, and though flying with her mentor provides a relief valve, shes always wanted to know what was just over the horizon. The main reasons she had not left before now, were due to the duties of running a country, which she takes very seriously, and didnt feel comfortable leaving until she was confident that it would remain stable in her absence. She was also waiting for the sages to finish going over the archives, to furnishing her with a list of things that could benefit the island, lore, technology and artefacts that she should be on the lookout for. In a official sense, the reason shes leaving is to seek out these items.

Emotional scars from her childhood left her incapable of physical intimacy for a over a decade, but the gentle therapy of her Dragon King mentor has finally closed those old wounds, and while she is now very open, relaxed, and indeed quite experienced, her relative lack of experience with human partners and kink often leaves her somewhat oblivious to human romance. She just doesnt look at people that way, like a proverbial pre-apple Eve. It also hasnt occured to her that people might look at her that way. That isnt to say shes unavailable, itll just take some work to get her head to shift gears.

Beyond her surface personality however, there is a tight core of controlled anger, to put it most simply; shes angry at the world. Valour is her defining Virtue, and it constantly stokes her inner furnace as she silently rages against injustices great and small, though she controls and focuses it masterfully, shes quite afraid of what might happen if it was ever unleashed. In her darker moments, she wonders if infact, she might be a bad person bent to positive ends. This is made even more poignant by the Monster. She doesnt know what it is, if its part of her nature as a solar, or some personal flaw, but at times she would swear there was something else behind her eyes, like a idea she could not quite grasp, she knows it feeds on her anger and valour, coming to the fore in her mind when she at her most unfettered, but she does not know what it portends. For now she considers it a foe like any other, and pushes it back down whenever it arises, which actually helps her control herself better, since its appearance is a clear sign that shes loosing her calm. As with the best of solutions, she has turned a negative into a positive.

Character Stats

ATTRIBUTES(8/6/4)
[] Strength•••••[] Charisma•••••[] Perception•••••
[] Dexterity•••••[] Manipulation••••[] Intelligence•••••

ABILITIES/SPECIALTIES(28)
DawnZenithTwilight
[] Archery•••••[•] Integrity•••••[] Craft•••••
[•] Martial Arts•••••[•] Performance•••••[] Investigation•••••
[] Melee•••••[•] Presence•••••[•] Lore•••••
[] Thrown•••••[•] Resistance•••••[•] Medicine•••••
[] War•••••[•] Survival•••••[•] Occult•••••

NightEclipseSpecialties
[•] Athletics•••••[] Bureaucracy•••••MA(Fists)•••
[] Awareness•••••[] Linguistics••••Integ(Mindfuckery)•••
[] Dodge•••••[•[/colour]] Ride•••••Resist()•••
[] Larceny•••••[] Sail•••••Specialty 4•••
[] Stealth•••••[] Socialized•••••Specialty 5•••

BACKGROUNDS
Allies•••• (Dragon Kings)
Manse•••• (Seven Stone)
Artefact ••••• (Skinmount Amulet)
Artefact •••• (Ori Smashfists)
Artefact ••• (Kata Bracers)
Artefact ••••• (Symbiont)

VIRTUES
Compassion•••••
Conviction•••••
Temperance••••
Valor••••
Limit[••••• •••••]
Virtue Flaw: Berserk Anger
Break Effect:Kill Everything, starting with hostile and then others. If everything is dead, Destory Everything.
Partial Control:Dont have to attack allies or scenery.
Condition:Witnessing cruelty to slaves.

Personal Pool: 22/22
Peripheral Pool: 56/56 (Commited: m)
Overdrive Pool: 10/10

Intimacies
Rannoc (Affection and Honour)
Sanctum (Benign Rule)
The Unconquered Sun (Worship)
Humans (Guidance)
Dragon Kings (Respect)
The List (Dedication)
Slaves (Freedom)
Bad Raksha (Despise)
Slavery (Despise)
Cruel Slave Owners (Hate)

HEALTH LEVELS

-0 [  ]
-1 [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]
-2 [  ] [  ]
-4 [  ]
INCAP [  ]
DYING [  ]

ATTACKS Attack: 15 dice(3Dex+5MA+3FistSpec+4Dragon Stone)

Physical
Fists5d+5+4B+63N
Charm
Hands of The SunSpeedAccuracyDamageDefenseRateTagsNotes
NameDurationTypeKeywordsCostDescriptionNotes

DEFENSES
Physical (Soak, Hardness)
Natural:  11L/11B, 2L/2B
Armour:
Charms: 
Total:      11L/11B, 2L/2B

Dodge DV:
Parry DV:

Social
Dodge MDV:
Parry MDV:

Charms

CHARMS
NameDurationTypeKeywordsCostDescription
Martial Arts
Second Ability ExcellencyInstantReflexive(1,2)Combo-Ok1mAdd 1sux to roll, up to (attribute+ability)/2
Style
Always Ready ForesightInstantSuppComboOk3mMA auto sux on Join Battle
Blazing Across The Sky MethodInstantSuppComboOk2m-1 Speed. Can move Ess yards before attacking.
Hands Of the Sun1SceneReflexive(2)ComboOk5m1wphands gain stats of Ori Daiklave
Lesser Foe Enlightenment Stance1SceneReflexive(2)ComboOk5m+1MA die from soaked attack, 2die from harded attack from O.
World Scorching Valour Form1SceneSimpleComboB, Form, Emotion, Obv6m-Enemies take 2x wound  penalties to oppose her in combat. Resisting this unnatural Emotion for 1scene costs 2wp
World Scorching Valour Form1SceneSimpleComboB, Form, Emotion, Obv6m-Any unarmed attack she makes against a CoD consumes a motes for every level of damage as Crippling
World Scorching Valour Form1SceneSimpleComboB, Form, Emotion, Obv6m-Unarmed MA attacks gain an O value of 3.
Integrity
Second Ability ExcellencyInstantReflexive(1,2)Combo-Ok1mAdd 1sux to roll, up to (attribute+ability)/2
Staring At The SunInstantReflexive(2)ComboOk, Social1mNullifies App based penalties for social combat
Integrity-Protecting Prana1DayReflexive(2)ComboOk5m1wpPDs direct Shaping
Righteous Lion DefensePermPerm -MI to betray or forsake a intimacy is treated as Unacceptable (Sanctum)
Presence
Second Ability ExcellencyInstantReflexive(1,2)ComboOk1mAdd 1sux to roll, up to (attribute+ability)/2
Enemy-Castigating Solar JudgementInstantSuppComboOk, Holy, Obv, SocialCostMelee: Holy(Agg)/Social: Holy(UMI/halves DV)
Resistence
Second Ability ExcellencyInstantReflexive(1,2)ComboOk1mAdd 1sux to roll, up to (attribute+ability)/2
Invincible Essence ReinforcementPermPermStack-x2. Natural Soak becomes (Sta+3(x2). E4: Hard becomes (x2)
Soul Fire ResurgencePermPermNative(1wp)Channel Valor to heal hls = sux
Durability of Oak MeditationInstantReflexive(7)ComboOk2mGain Ess+Resist L/B Soak
Spirit Strengthens the SkinInstantReflexive(7)ComboOk, Obv1mnullify one die of post-soak damage per mote spent
Iron Skin Concentration1TickReflexive(7)ComboOk, Obv2mReduce Min Damage by 1
Adamant Skin TechniqueInstantReflexive(7)ComboOk, Obv8mPD Soak. Flaw: Cannot act against Motivation
Essence-Gathering TemperPermPermNative, Overdrive-10m Overdrive pool, 1m for hit with no damage, 2m for B, 3 for L or Agg
Ox-Body TechniquePermPermStack-x2. (1 -0HL) (2 -1HLs)x2 (1 -1,2 -2HLs)
Survival
Hardship-Surviving Mendicant SpiritIndefReflexComboOk10mIgnore Enviromental Penalties, easily find food, etc
Lore
Chaos-Repelling Pattern1HourSimpleComboOk, Obv8mArea within E yards of exalt obey the laws of Creation.
Medicine
Occult
Athletics

Panoply

-Skin-Mount Amulet (Slot: Seven Leaping Dragon (+4 dice to MA). +8 essence/hour, +8 Peripheral Essence)
The amulet is set into her lower chest, at the bottom of her sternum, beneath her breasts.
-Perfected Kata Brancers (Add Ess to Acc, Dam, Def. Make attacks Lethal or Bashing. Attacks are Holy)
-Chaomorphic Symbiont ()

EXPENDITURES

Chargen EXP693/720
-First dot in 9 favourite/caste skills [27]
-2-5 dots in Str [40]
-2-3 dots in Dex [12]
-2-5 dots in Sta [40]
-2-5 dots in Cha [40]
-2-3 dots in App [12]
-2-3 dots in Per [12]
-2nd dot in Int [4]
-2-4 dots in Wits [24]
=509 remains
-2-5 dots in MA [16]
-2-5 dots in Lore [16]
-2-3 dots in Medicine [4]
-2-5 dots in Occult [16]
-2-5 dots in Integ [16]
-2-5 dots in Presence [16]
-2-5 dots in Resistance [16]
-2-3 dots in Survival [4]
-2-5 dots in Athletics [16]
=389 remains
-First dot in Ling [3]
-1-3 dots in Awareness [9]
-1-3 dots in MA(Fists) spec [9]
-1-3 dots in Integ(Mental Resist) spec [9]
-1-3 dots in Resist(In Combat) spec [9]
=350 remains
-6-10 dots of WP [70]
-2 dot of Comp [3]
-2-3 dots of Conv [9]
-2-4 dot of Val [18]
=250 remains
Invincible Essence Reinforcement [16]
Soul Fire Resurgence [8]
Durability of Oak Meditation [8]
Spirit Strengthens the Skin [8]
Iron Skin Concentration [8]
Adamant Skin Technique [8]
Essence-Gathering Temper [8]
Ox-Body Technique x2 [16]
Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgement [8]
Chaos-Repelling Pattern [8]
Staring At The Sun [8]
Righteous Lion Defense [8]
Integrity-Protecting Prana [8]
Hardship Surviving Medicant Spirit [8]
Always Ready Foresight [8]
Blazing Across the Sky [8]
Hands Of the Sun [8]
Lesser Foe Enlightenment Stance [8]
World Scorching Valour Form [8]
=82 remains
Allies 4 [12]
Manse 4 (seven stone)[12]
Artefact skinmount 3 [9]
Artefact katabrancers 4 [12]
Artefact symbiont 3 [9]
=24 remains
Essence 4 [24]

Earned Exp

Gm Stuff

-Past
1) If any sid whos seen that recording finds out that hes back, they would probably piss themselves, then ring up the Death Squads XD
2)The core inspiration of Zeal's Style style is carved into Vali's Exaltation by the fury and violent death of her predecessor. this is the identity of the 'Monster' she feels is lurking in her mind, but quite frankly, she is never been angry enough to beable to grasp the concept. It is the reason for her talent for martial arts in general though. The style its self is a custom style im basing on Infernal Monster, i had hoped to include it with her. But i dont have to the time to develop it now, so imma work on it slowly in my spare time, and offer it up for consideration when and if she ever reaches a point that she could figure it out.
3) His arms are still out there somewhere, lost in the Wyld, but it would take some serious talent in Craft(Magitech) to repair them. They are, atleased, a five dot artefact. Of course, to make use of them, a person would first have to be.... *trollface* disarmed. !In light of the inapplicability of smashfists, i would like to find these eventually, 
-Time
For the sake of linearity, her timeline goes like this: patrician claims her at 8>hes discovered and shes sent to the fields at 9, and she exalts about a week later> she finds Sanctum around 11, and awakens Rannoc, who begins training her in addition to rising hatching and training saved eggs and young DKs.>they rescue the mutinous crew when shes 13, and the nation begins growing>it has grown steadily for 7 years, and currently shes is 19 and repairing to leave to go on her journey.
Martial Art Proposal
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
World Scorching Valour Style

I had ideas for my own entirely custom style based on the thematics of Infernal Monster, but i think that may have been alittle overly Ambitious. So instead ive refluffed Violet Biers and made some minor tweaks to suit the valour-centric thematics i had in mind. The original style can be found on Pg 78 of the Errata. Specific tweaking of charms is noted with the charm, but in general i removed any reference to form weapons, as my style is Unarmed only. The last two charms are undone, ill probably replace them entirely at some point in the future, well before i ever get close to them XD

Always Ready Foresight
Lesser Foe Enlightenment Stance   Blazing Across The Sky Method   Hands Of the Sun
World Scorching Valour Form
Arms Of the Sophist   All Consuming Fiery Fist   Something
Something

Always Ready Foresight (Secrets of Future Strife)
Cost:3m; Mins:Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;
Type:Supplemental
Keywords:Combo-OK
Duration:Instant
The Valorous God Kings of Creation are never unprepared for battle, their righteous anger is ever beneath the surface, disdainful of circumstances that would impede their path to victory. A Join Battle roll supplemented by this Charm converts up to (Martial Arts) dice to automatic successes.

Blazing Across The Sky Method (Flight of Mercury)
Cost:2m; Mins:Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;
Emulating the Sun's burning path though the heavens, the Solar strikes with valour and zeal. An unarmed attack supplemented by this Charm reduces its Speed by one point. The martial artist can also move up to (Essence) yards before making the attack if needed to close range with her opponent.

Hands Of the Sun (Blade Of the Battle Maiden. Switched to Ori bonuses.)
Cost:5m, 1wp; Mins:Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;
Type:Reflexive(Step 2)
Keywords:Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration:One Scene
Golden flames of Essence engulf the Solar's arms, sparks of manifest valour, screaming to be used against the unjust. This golden nimbus allows the martial artist to both deal lethal damage and parry lethal attacks while unarmed, and enchants her natural attacks with the traits of a Orichalcum Daiklave (except for clinches).

Lesser Foe Enlightenment Stance (Joy In Adversity Stance. Tweaked to work with soak instead of DVs)
Cost: 5m; Mins:Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;
Type:Reflexive (Step 2)
The Chosen of the Sun stand without peer, sometimes it is necessary to remind others of this fact, and punish them for stirring a Solar's martial soul without being able to provide a worthy challenge. While Lesser Foe Enlightenment Stance is active, the martial artist gains one bonus die on her next unarmed Martial Arts attack every time she fully soaks the raw damage an attack. Attacks with the Overwhelming tag instead confer two dice if they fail to cause damage due Hardness. These bonus dice count as dice added by a Charm, and are discharged at when the martial artist next attacks. Attacks must be made with hostile intent against the martial artist. Using a defence with a Flaw of Invulnerability ends this Charm’s duration prematurely.

World Scorching Valour Form (Violet Bier Form. Shifted mote drain from spirits to cods)
Cost 6m;Mins:Martial Arts 4, Essence 3
Type: Simple
Keywords:Combo-Basic, Form-Type, Emotion, Obvious
The martial artist unleashes their Valour, taking on the mantle of a furious avenger to better smite those who have earned her ire. She becomes anger and valour and fire, a flawless champion for good. And all those forsaken by the Sun tremble before her wrath. While World Scorching Valour Form is active, the martial artist gains the following benefits:
• All enemies see their own end in her hands, doubling any wound penalties they take on actions to oppose her in combat. Resist-ing this unnatural Emotion for one scene costs two Willpower.
• Any unarmed attack she makes against a Creature of Darkness consumes one of the being’s motes for every level of damage dealt as a Crippling effect
• The character’s unarmed martial arts attacks gain an Overwhelming value of 3.

Arms Of the Sophist (Death-Parrying Stroke)
Cost:4m; Mins:Martial Arts 4, Essence 3;
Type:Reflexive (Step 7)
Keywords:Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
The Solar rotates their arms in a circular block, ending in a stance of denial so powerful that it denies incoming damage. These defensive manoeuvres subtract the martial artist’s Parry DV from the raw damage of an attack, and reduces its minimum damage by one die (minimum one). This charm offers no defense against unblockable or unexpected attacks.

All Consuming Fiery Fist (Life-Severing Blow)
Cost:5m; Martial Arts 5, Essence 3;
The Chose has had enough, the fires within him boil over, and he channels it into a blow mighty enough to erase his victim from Creation. Add (Essence) to the raw damage of an unarmed attack supplemented by this Charm. The same amount is also added to the minimum damage of the attack, granting it the Overwhelming tag. A character reduced to their Incapacitated level by an attack supplemented with All Consuming Fiery Fist can be unmade as a Shaping effect, killing them instantly and reducing their corpse to ash. Against mortals, even a single level of damage is sufficient to shape them dead.

Metal Storm

Terrible Sun Beast Shintai (Entirely replacing Conculsion Persuing, with Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai, behold the Solar Monster)
Cost: 12m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4;
Type: Simple
Keywords: Desecration, Form-type, Obvious, Shaping
Duration: One scene
The Sun is Fire, and so are his Chosen.

Head bowed, the Solar smashes their fists together over their heart, forming a symbolic bridge between their exalted spark and Valour. and then allow the resulting conflagration or exalted-viture to consume them. 

Terrible Sun Beast Shintai has the following effects:
The Chosen simultaneously manifests (Essence x 10) points of mutations.
All Shaping effects which would transform the warlock’s body become Obvious to his senses. He may reflexively reject any unwanted changes, even while unconscious or otherwise inactive.
The concentrated force of the Infernal’s empyrean fury hardens his skin, adding (Essence) to his natural lethal and bashing soak.
The Chosen adds (Essence) yards to his base movement and dashing distances.
Finally, the furious power thrumming through his body increases the Chosen's Strength by (Essence) for the purpose of feats of strength and attacking inanimate objects.

ShadowFox89

Nice weight :P

I think Cailana is going to make it a game of trying to guess it at every chance possible....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wheresmycow

Oh, question about Manse and hearthstones: can I take a lower level hearthstone than my manse rating would normally give but still benefit from the mote regen my manse rating gives me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Rajah

Quote from: Wheresmycow on September 08, 2013, 02:04:12 PM
Oh, question about Manse and hearthstones: can I take a lower level hearthstone than my manse rating would normally give but still benefit from the mote regen my manse rating gives me?

No. Unless, I think, you're actually in the Manse.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Wheresmycow

Hmm, because I have a Manse rating of 2, but the hearthstone I want is level 1.

Ah well, not too critical at the moment.  Here's Sanger's more complete character sheet.

Sanger, the Dawn Charger
Sanger, the Dawn Charger

Player:Wheresmycow
Caste:Dawn
Motivation:To Protect People from the Predation of the Strong
Anima:Like the sun rising at the beginning of the day, light begins to emit from his caste mark, flaring quickly as if as impetuous as Sanger.  As his anima grows in power, the light blazes in intensity, like the sun at noon in the South.  Fully manifested, it takes on the form of a towering centaur, the upper torso clad in heavy and ornate plate that merges into barding at the lower body.  The centaur holds a shield in one hand, and a weapon that shifts from lance to sword when appropriate.  His totem is faceless, with a helm that completely obscures it's feature, not even possessing eye holes.  The only distinguishing mark is the symbol of the sun emblazoned on it.
Birthday:1st of Ascending Fire
Height:6'1"
Weight:207
Skin:Heavy tan
Hair:Fiery red
Eyes:Dark brown

Bio

Sanger came from a long line of Marukani circuit riders. Dedicated to the idea of protecting others, it was a family boast that no one in their family had ever died in vain or in bed. As such, it was no surprise when Sanger became one himself. Bold and brave, he was relentless in his pursuit of criminals, and did his best to dispense justice as fairly as he could. A major fault though was his headstrong nature, making him rather brash.

This culminated one evening when he was tracking down a group of bandits that had attacked a small caravan of merchants and slaughtered everyone. Having found where they lay, Sanger announced himself to the bandits, telling them to surrender and face justice or die. Too late did he realize that the group of bandits were composed of a Raksha and its hobgoblin minions. Sensing that his doom was upon him, he nevertheless charged into battle, seeking to take down as many of them as possible and avenge the dead.  Through luck and skill, he had managed to hew through the hobgoblins, only to face the Fairfolk noble in single combat.

His fight was desperate, but Sanger wouldn't run, even as the battle went on and on, until he could barely hold his sword up.  He knew that the noble was taunting him, and could have struck him down many times, but Sanger still held on.  Then, as the sun crested over the horizon, he could feel himself grow stronger.  It was like gaining a second wind, but so much more potent and invigorating.  He watched the noble's eyes widen and watched the creature lunging forward to strike him down, but the movements were so slow and Sanger easily parried it aside.  The battle raged on once again, but this time the noble was the one being hard pressed, until it was forced to runaway.  Before it fully escaped though, it shouted out a final curse:

Their battle would be unfinished, their stories bound together.  Just as the dawn follows after the moon but never reaches it, so would Sanger chase after it and never quite catch it.  Only when the dawn touches the moon would their story and battle come to an end.

And so Sanger rides, his circuit all of Creation now, to avenge wrongs, protect the innocent, and obtain that final confrontation.

Character Stats

ATTRIBUTES
[] Strength••••[] Charisma•••••[] Perception••••
[] Dexterity•••••[] Manipulation•••••[] Intelligence•••••

ABILITIES/SPECIALTIES
DawnZenithTwilight
[•] Archery•••••[•] Integrity••••[] Craft•••••
[•] Martial Arts•••••[] Performance•••••[] Investigation•••••
[•] Melee•••••[•] Presence••••[] Lore••••
[•] Thrown•••••[] Resistance•••••[] Medicine•••••
[•] War•••••[•] Survival•••••[] Occult••••

NightEclipseSpecialties
[] Athletics•••••[] Bureaucracy•••••Melee(Sword and Shield)•••
[•] Awareness•••••[] Linguistics••••Specialty•••
[] Dodge•••••[•] Ride•••••Specialty•••
[] Larceny•••••[] Sail•••••Specialty•••
[] Stealth•••••[] Socialized•••••Specialty•••

Languages:

BACKGROUNDS
Artifact: Orichalcum Super Heavy Plate + Thunderbolt Shield – Guardian of Creation•••••
Artifact: Orichalcum Reaver Daiklaive - Zankanto•••••
Manse•••••
Allies: Hiparkes, the Marukani God of Horse and their Riders•••••
Resources•••••

VIRTUES
Compassion••••
Conviction•••••
Temperance••••
Valor••••
Limit[••••• •••••]
Flaw:Red Rage of Compassion

Personal Pool: 25/25
Peripheral Pool: 43/57 (Commited: 14m)
Overdrive: 0/10

Intimacies
Positive
-Bravery (respect)
-Compassion for others (respect)
-Honor (respect)
-Horses (likes)
-Independence and Self-reliance (appreciates)
-Temperance/Keeping your cool (admires/envies/wishes he could do that)
-True Love (admires)
Negative
-Bandits (dislikes)
-Fairfolk (dislikes)
-Guild (dislikes)
-Slavery (hates)
-Sloth, both moral and actual laziness (hates)

HEALTH LEVELS

-1••
-2••
INCAP
DYING

ATTACKS
Physical

Zankanto5+4+8L/2+13O
Thunderbolt Shield5+1+1B+61M, Sh0

DEFENSES
Physical
Soak:  6L/6B (+17L/+17B)
Hardness:  1L/1B (11L/11B)
Dodge DV: 6
Parry DV: 12

Social
Dodge MDV: 10
Parry MDV: 4

Charms

Awareness
2nd Awareness Excellency
Panoptic Fusion Discipline
Surprise Anticipation Technique

Integrity
2nd Integrity Excellency
Integrity-Protecting Prana
Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver

Melee
2nd Melee Excellency
Supreme Perfection of Melee
Dipping Swallow Defense
Bulwark Stance
Heaven Guardian Defense
Protection of Celestial Bliss
Perfect Blade Aegis
Hungry Tiger Technique
Perfected Battle Array
Final Sunset Stance
Fading Light Quickening

Presence
2nd Presence Excellency
Majestic Radiant Presence
Irresistible Salesman Spirit

Resistance
Invincible Essence Reinforcement

Ride
2nd Riding Excellency
Master Horseman's Techniques - Harmony of Spirits Style
Phantom Steed

Survival
2nd Survival Excellency
Hardship Surviving Medicant Spirit

War
2nd War Excellency

Panoply

-Guardian of Creation (Soak: +17L/+17B, Hardness: 11L/11B, Mobility: -2, Fatigue: 2, 9m.) A set or armor and shield reminiscent of the First Age, the armor is more curved and elegant than its Second Age counterparts. It is also colored differently, being primarily ivory with gold gilding. At the center of the chest is the symbol of the sun in its blazing glory. The helm is a wing-tipped front mask, the eyes of which give the impression of being stern and unyielding.
-Zankanto (Speed 5, Accuracy +4, Damage +8L/2, Defense +1, Rate 3, Tags: O.) A single-bladed weapon of straight lines and hard angles, what it lacks in elegance and design it makes for in cutting power and durability.
-Level 2 Hearthstone.

EXPENDITURES

EXP Spent698/700
Attributes:
1>4 Strength (24)
1>5 Dexterity (40)
1>3 Stamina (12)
1>3 Charisma (12)
1>2 Manipulation (4)
1>3 Appearance (12)
1>4 Perception (24)
1>2 Intelligence (4)
1>4 Wits (24)
=156

Abilities:
Martial Arts 2 (4)
Melee: 5 (19)
Sword and Shield 3 (9)
War: 5 (19)
Awareness: 5 (19)
Integrity: 4 (12)
Presence: 4 (12)
Ride: 5 (19)
Survival: 5 (19)
Athletics: 2 (5)
Dodge: 3 (9)
Linguistics: 1 (3)
Lore: 1 (3)
Occult: 1 (3)
Resistance: 3 (9)
= 164

Backgrounds:
Artifact 5 (15)
Artifact 2 (6)
Allies 3 (9)
Manse 2 (6)
Resources 2 (6)
=42

Charms:
2nd Awareness Excellency (Free)
Panoptic Fusion Discipline (8)
Surprise Anticipation Technique (8)
2nd Integrity Excellency (Free)
Integrity-Protecting Prana (8)
Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver (8)
2nd Melee Excellency (Free)
Supreme Perfection of Melee (8)
Dipping Swallow Defense (8)
Bulwark Stance (8)
Heaven Guardian Defense (8)
Protection of Celestial Bliss (8)
Perfect Blade Aegis (8)
Hungry Tiger Technique (8)
Perfected Battle Array (8)
Final Sunset Stance (8)
Fading Light Quickening (8)
2nd Presence Excellency (Free)
Majestic Radiant Presence (8)
Irresistible Salesman Spirit (8)
Invincible Essence Reinforcement  (10)
2nd Riding Excellency (Free)
Master Horseman's Techniques - Harmony of Spirits Style (8)
Phantom Steed (8)
2nd Survival Excellency (Free)
Hardship Surviving Medicant Spirit (8)
2nd War Excellency (Free)
=162

3>5 Essence (56)
5 >10 Willpower (70)
1>4 Compassion(18)
1>3 Conviction (12)
1>4 Valour (18)
=174
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Re Z L

Quote from: Wheresmycow on September 08, 2013, 02:04:12 PM

Quote from: Rajah on September 08, 2013, 02:29:15 PM
No. Unless, I think, you're actually in the Manse.

Quote from: Oadenol's Codex pg. 63-64
SACRIFICING HEARTHSTONE LEVELS

A manse will always produce a hearthstone in its geomantic center, the hearthroom. However, a talented geomancer can siphon off some of the Essence that would normally go to making a hearthstone, and channel it to other applications. A player who takes a hearthstone of a level lower than her manse’s rating gains one Creation Point for every level she sacrifices; for instance, if she builds a four-dot manse but only wants a two-dot hearthstone, she gains two Creation Points.

Reducing the hearthstone’s power doesn’t reduce the manse’s rating. Thus, the aforementioned four-dot manse with a two-dot hearthstone is still a four-dot manse in every other way. People attuned to such a manse regain extra Essence, while inside, at the normal rate—in this case, 16 extra motes per hour.  However, the hearthstone only grants its level of extra Essence, so a two-dot hearthstone—even for a four-dot manse—grants its bearer 4 extra motes per hour while away from the manse.

A hearthstone reduced to 0 still solidifies in the hearthroom. The manse will recognize whoever carries it as the hearthstone bearer. The stone can, if desired, be set into hearthstone sockets. However, the inert crystal grants no powers or extra Essence.

Basically the Hearthstone only acts as whatever its rating is, but the Manse always operates at the background points level.

It can be a useful way to squeeze a few extra points into customizing your manse design (if you're doing so).
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, I did that as Chorgath to get more fine tuning my manse. I likely shift 1 dot of followers for 1 dot artifacts for hearthstone (as otherwise I would not benefit 3th dot manse regen).

Re Z L

Void Face Lover
Courtesan who Sings Silent Psalms
Adorjani Scourge

Concept:
Mute by choice former prostitute from the city of Nexus turned destructive tool of the Yozis.  Involved to some extent with the wiping out of the city by drowning it under the rivers next to it.  A scarred woman who knows obsession well and can throw her passions from one cause to the next with little effort.  Served as a distraction from the main goals of the Reclamation while it was taking place, having no true goals of her own during that period of her life.  Having been given up by her former masters she's decided upon a new ideology:  No Gods, No Masters.  Though how she intends to carry out that idea is anyone's guess.

Character Goals:

Player:
I don't have any specific goals for the character, going the Devil-Tiger route would be interesting, but not many games can really handle that.  What I would like are emotional/mental challenges that force the characters to adapt and overcome, or something that changes them in some way.  Development of character is something that I find interesting, and it isn't something that happens too often.

Character:
Motivation:  Roughly speaking, become a new Adorjan (a la Devil-Tiger path), make Luna forget about Gaia, and crystallize true love.
Urge:  Again, roughly speaking, destroy the concept of morality, free others from their emotional attachments, and/or destroy anything that makes a more perfect song than herself

Campaign Preference: 
Both regional and wandering adventures have their merits.  I personally don't have any particular preference for one over the other.  Regional adventures have the benefit of getting to know the locals a bit more, giving them a bit more humanity, whereas a wandering adventure loses that as you don't make many lasting relationships with NPCs though instead that turns towards the other player characters.

Exalted Love: 
The setting is probably the one thing I love the most about Exalted.  It is a versatile world that can house a number of different adventures across its boundaries, and beyond.  Political intrigue, adventure, mysteries, heroism abound in Creation.

The scope of the system is also something I love, it's really rare that a game gives the players as much power as Exalted does, which sets them up for really amazing feats and completing goals that are as extravagant as they can imagine.

Inherent character flaws is something else I enjoy.  I like how the game forces certain flaws upon characters in order to help drive the characters and give them more life.  Its something I've always enjoyed from the other various White Wolf games, and this is no different.

Exalted Hate:
The system's crunch has a number of problems.  I think most people who play it are aware of them.  A number of character options are really just traps that end up sucking away the power of the character instead of enhancing it as it should.  This leads to an issue where player characters can have wildly divergent power levels.  Something that might be an appropriate challenge for one is barely even a struggle for another.  It's a problem that can be overcome, but it's probably the one thing I dislike the most about the game.
A&A

ChaoticSky

*whistles* thats a cool picture ReL! I've never seen it before, which is rare considering how much a trawl for images of that sort o.o