Meta Tags for Internet Searches

Started by Natalie C. Barney, March 15, 2006, 12:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

I need some help from some internet coding people how do you you code in a main page to help internet searches find your web site and how is it best to do that to get results?

(computer novice in coding but although i know basic tricks in HTML this is a bit out of my league)

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

GoldenChild

Alright... so how much do you know about this (I just hate to point out things that people already know about)?

A link to start with...
http://www.htmlprimer.com/HotTopics/metatags.shtml

Natalie C. Barney

I just needed to know how to set it up to start I use link exchanges already but this kind of was missed.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Hunter

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on March 15, 2006, 12:06:41 AM
I need some help from some internet coding people how do you you code in a main page to help internet searches find your web site and how is it best to do that to get results?

(computer novice in coding but although i know basic tricks in HTML this is a bit out of my league)

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Most internet search engines pick up keywords.   If you want your site to be retrieved by search engines, you need to use the keywords that you want to be found by those running searches.  (If you want a DnD site, then use the word DnD and role playing and so forth repeatedly).  A rather cheesy trick to use is to simply repeat the word/words at the bottom of the page by making them the same color as the background.

Natalie C. Barney

So I can make the words the same color as the screen to double the effect, how do I do this?
Natalie Clifford Barney

Hunter

Use want to use the color or font tag (I forget which off the top of my head) to make them match. It will give what looks like a section of blank screen but if highlighted shows the text.

Lilac

Quote from: Hunter on March 15, 2006, 04:20:11 PM
Most internet search engines pick up keywords.   If you want your site to be retrieved by search engines, you need to use the keywords that you want to be found by those running searches.  (If you want a DnD site, then use the word DnD and role playing and so forth repeatedly).  A rather cheesy trick to use is to simply repeat the word/words at the bottom of the page by making them the same color as the background.

It is known that Google penalizes for this.

Also, the best way to get your page noticed is to have other reputable sites link to it.  Elliquiy, at the moment, is not one >_>

Hunter

Quote from: Lilac on March 15, 2006, 09:50:59 PM
It is known that Google penalizes for this.

Also, the best way to get your page noticed is to have other reputable sites link to it.  Elliquiy, at the moment, is not one >_>

Yes, well, she was asking for a way....
*slinks off to his corner and sits quietly*

Celestial Goblin

I couldn't care less about Elliquiy being popular, we're like the elite place for people to find and be proud of it :D