Eydis' Little Corner of Fun and Fabulousness {Anything x Anything}

Started by Eydis, September 22, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eydis

Introduction

Hey there! My name is Eydis, or A.C. if that's easier! I've been writing since I was able to hold a crayon, and I've been roleplaying since 7th grade, back when I still had to do it all in notebooks exchanged in the hallways with my friends. That being said, it's been around nine or ten years since I started roleplaying for all seriousness, so I consider myself pretty experienced by now. My online roleplay experience is a little shorter, having been in a few communities for around six years now. Either way, I consider myself pretty friendly and open to plenty! My O/O's are over thisaway and my more fleshed out version is here.

As far as personal stuff, I'm gender fluid, so they/them/their pronouns bring me plenty of happiness! With that, I'll respect pretty much every gender identity and sexuality. Be yourself and love the love!

As far as my writing, tons of details create my happy place. I'm best in a setting where I can go a little wild with descriptions. That being said, multi-paragraph long stories are best for me. I'm willing to do one-shots, but I definitely do have a preference.

Finally, here's my apologies and absences page. This might be helpful to some if it seems like I don't answer you right away (or for awhile in some cases). For the most part, I do have a good excuse for most of the time I'm gone.

What I'm Up For

If you had a look at my O/O page, you'll notice that just about any sort of pairing works for me. I will play slash, het, or what ever else kind of fiddle you'd like me to play. I honestly have no preference, since I'm very willing to play any sort of character on par to what ever kind of character you play. Of course, this wouldn't be the corner of fun and fabulousness if I didn't have preferences, but that's mostly for individual ideas or stories. Even then, I'm way beyond willing to adjust. It's not even that the pairings are what I had in mind as much as it was just the first kind of pairing I thought of. Does my idea call for two guys getting it on? Want two ladies to do it instead? Yep, I'm on that boat. Or maybe someone intersex or non-binary? Hell yes I'll change it to that. Most of my ideas are as flexible as an Olympic gymnast.

My kinks are just about as varied as anything else. Of course, I do have my limits, but that's for the next section. Again, one solid look at my O/Os should give you a decent idea of what I'm willing to do!

My best genres are historical fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, high and low fantasy, and cyberpunk.

What I'm Not So Up For

I figured I should reiterate this much so it's pretty much cemented in place. I will not do anything with a toilet fetish (scat, watersports, flatulence, etc.), non-con of pretty much any kind, anything involving animal abuse or animal death, involving minors, outright torture, vomiting, inflation, hardcore gore, vore, and anything that, outside of an agreed upon canon, consists of outright prejudice. Unless we mutually agree that a character can momentarily have some sort of prejudice, or it's something canon-compliant, I won't have any part of it.

I know this might seem like a lot, but believe me, it's pretty much all overshadowed by what I will try.

As for personal RP preferences, I've had good and bad RP partners, and some right in between. Being impatient and demanding is the fastest way to get me to bail out of an RP. I do go to school and I work, and I also have plenty of other things going on IRL, so RP doesn't demand most of my attention. If you're lenient with me, I'll be cool with you. Also, assuming complete control over a plot or a character of mine is another easy way to send me packing. Wiggle room, brainstorming sessions, or anything that allows us to work things out as a team or a pair is great! That, and my characters are my own. If you controlled them, that means they're yours. Simple enough. Finally, any creepy comments to me or about me will make me leave right away. I've dealt with my fair share of this by now, maybe even a little more than fair. At least, enough to make me put this on here, yeah?

Fandoms

I'm definitely all about fandom RP. I'll play with and for canon characters as well as OCs. Here's a (remotely) complete list, with the bolded ones being the ones I'm into the most at the moment. This list can and will be changed or updated whenever. Spoilers underneath each fandom contain pairings I'd really like, characters I would like to play, or anything else I might add.

• Overwatch
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Stardew Valley
  • Skyrim
  • Mass Effect
  • Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4

Ideas & Plots

I'll definitely update this section as ideas are taken, added, changed, etc. Again, characters and pairings are malleable for me. These are just what came to me the quickest and what I just so happened to type up. I'm more than willing to chat it out with someone! Some of these plots have multiple characters I can play, so I'll put in a short description of a few.

The Great Cold
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Inspired by the video game the Long Dark. This is a story of survival in the northern reaches of North American wilderness during a cold, harsh winter. The characters are lost in a remote region of the forested wild, left with limited supplies and having to rely on instincts and each other to survive. There are only a few places of shelter and respite left, mostly decrepit hunting shacks and cabins. Rescue is still far away, as most places are completely devoid of electricity and there's so signal or service for miles. The main element is survival, but with the possibility of romance.

The Temple of Lycopolis
Compared to many other temples in the Kingdom, the main Temple of Anubis receives very little traffic. Perhaps it's the sense of foreboding that people get when they near its grounds, the sensation of being watched, of being surrounded by spirits waiting to be judged at the scales. Perhaps it's just the association with the dead that tends to keep people away, despite the Kingdom's close relation with the dead themselves. Regardless of the purpose, the priests and priestesses of the temple want to increase patronage, and have proposed a festival celebrating their beloved god. There will be feasting the likes of which might be better seen in the paradise of the afterlife, dancing and music, and of course, an offering to Anubis himself.

Possible plots:
  • The Offering - The head priest of Anubis believes that he has read the signs correctly and believes that Anubis demands an offering of the living and the dead. One person will be chosen from the revelers at the festival to be placed in an artificial tomb with an unembalmed body. After five days in the darkness with only a jug of water, a jug of beer, and some bread, they will be released, assuming Anubis has not taken them. The priest believes the most auspicious outcome would be that the body will return embalmed and properly mummified, and the living offering will be accepted by Anubis in any number of possible ways. I can play Anubis or the offering here. ;D
  • The Stranger - A reveler enjoying the festivities meets with a mysterious man who seems to have an aura of something strange and supernatural. This stranger seems taken with the reveler and pulls them aside, eventually revealing himself to be Anubis in the flesh.
  • Or whatever other plots seem good!~

GLSC Alcyone
The Alcyone is the most technologically advanced space cruiser in the fleet. Able to support a crew and passengers numbering nearly one-thousand, it's become a home-away-from-home for many of those who reside on it. But there's always something that can go wrong, and some things that can go very right.

Here's a few ideas for this particular plot.
  • Two characters are on the same flight to the next space station, either as civilians or crew. In a plot that can be either simple or complex, they bond (or are made to) and form a relationship.
  • A rebel cruiser attacks the Alcyone, taking the ship hostage. One of the rebels takes a member of the Alcyone as their own personal prisoner. Through the political and military dealings, as well as personal situations, the two form a strong bond during the period of imprisonment, despite the odds and an instinct to dislike one another.
  • The Alcyone, being so technologically advanced, also boasts a state-of-the-art fleet of lifelike androids to serve as a never-tiring crew. One of them strikes the fancy of one of the passengers.
  • The cruiser accidentally crosses into alien space and is forced to dock at a foreign spaceport, with the passengers and crew put on house arrest until a deal is sorted out. An alien guard and one of the crew or passengers form a relationship during this time.

Plots I'm Loving Right Now

Here are some of the plots that I really like at the moment. These are kinds that are completely open and I'd be willing to do in most forms. If you have any of these in more detail, or you're just interested, please PM me.

• Royalty or monarchy, any country or universe
  • Spaceship/aliens
  • High fantasy, anything involving elves, centaurs, unicorns, etc.
  • Ancient to Feudal Japanese historical
  • VIKINGS HELLA HELLA
  • Ancient Egyptian, either gods or historical (or both!)
  • Haunted stuff. I don't even care if it's sex with ghosts, I want it.
  • Werewolves. Just werewolves.
  • Androids, gynoids, robots, cyborgs. I don't care. Just yes.

I also really do love historical fiction or historical fantasy. Here's a list of the eras or specifics of what I'm interested in on that front.

• Hellenistic Greece
  • Ancient Egypt
  • Feudal Japan / Sengoku Era
  • Heian-era Japan
  • Victorian England
  • Vikings
  • Colonial America, or pre-colonial
  • Renaissance Italy
  • Any form of medieval era in Europe, specifically between 1300 and 1500
  • Regency-era England

Characters

Some of these characters are without plots, others are fandom characters. Either way, plotting with them would be pretty fab.

Plotless Characters

Fandom Characters (Organized by fandom)

Assassin's Creed
Annie Lambert - An Ojibwe Assassin. Annie was raised by her Ojibwe mother in her tribe near Thunder Bay in modern day Ontario. Annie's father was a French voyageur who died after making one last trip to Montreal before promising to return to stay in the tribe permanently. Annie eventually grew to suspect that not all was well with the circumstances of her father's death, who supposedly died of typhoid fever somewhere in New York. After a small Templar group attempted to thwart French control near Annie's home, she turned her suspicions on them as her father's murderers. Now with the French and English beginning to try to wrestle control for the region, and the Templars certainly behind some of the worst plots, Annie is hellbent on keeping her tribe safe and to end the Templars attempt at control.

Akatori Tomoe - The daughter of a low-level lord in the latter period of the Sengoku Era, Tomoe was accustomed to a life of luxury. However, when a coup was planned and executed, Tomoe found herself in the middle of it as a hostage, separated from her family, kidnapped, and reported as dead. Hundreds of miles from home, Tomoe sought out protection until she could get a plan together in order to return. What she found was the spoke of the wheel that constructed the Japanese Assassins, and the possibility of not only returning home, but exacting vengeance on those who hurt her.

Fallout
Fallout 3
Shannon MacNamara (The Lone Wanderer)

Fallout: New Vegas
Lizzie Holliday (Courier - Wild Card/Yes Man)

Micah West (Courier - NCR)

Ciconia (Courier - Legion)

Lydia Cantarelli (Courier - Mr. House)

Fallout 4
Max (Sole Survivor)

Skyrim
Sigyn Wolf-Caller - Born to a Nord scholar woman and a Breton merchant, Sigyn spent the first years of her life wandering across Tamriel with her mother in search of things of anthropological value. However, when she was seven years old, her father left to do business in Skyrim and never returned. All he left her was a gold and sapphire ring and a promise that he would see her again. After a few months of correspondence, he completely disappeared, leaving Sigyn to always wonder about him. After several more years of wandering and earning some of her own money, she decided to go to Skyrim in order to find her father, or at least find out what happened to him. She left with her mother's blessing and a necklace passed down from her great grandmother.

However, she was arrested at the border of Cyrodiil and Skyrim, leading to an adventure of a very different sort.

This character can be played both as Dragonborn and not. She's typically associated with the Companions. In her game, she's married to Farkas, but she can certainly be played as single.

Eydis Fire-Wrought - A young Nord woman who was the daughter of a well-known blacksmith in Markarth. After her family was brutally murdered at the hand of an assassin, Eydis took to the streets, her entire fortune stolen from her. She was trained to be a thief by a small group in Windhelm, but always dreamed of earning back her fortune and exacting her revenge. She traveled to Riften in hopes of gaining some information about the assassin, but instead found herself in the Thieves' Guild as a low-level pickpocket. However, the Thieves' Guild network and the money she's begun to earn have certainly opened some doors for her, and her dream is a little closer to being realized.

She can also be played as Dragonborn, although she's typically played as ascending through the ranks in the Thieves' Guild questline and becoming a Nightingale.

Ra'tana - A Khajiit woman, youngest daughter of a merchant family. Ra'tana always envisioned more for herself than sitting in a tent and trying to pawn off her wares like her parents did (and her grandparents, and great-grandparents, and so on). Seeing adventurers gave her a thirst for something beyond her boundaries, although her race has certainly kept some of her imagination at bay. She seeks someone to help her pursue her dream, as farfetched as it is. Her quirky personality certainly is no help.

Viveka Llarys - A Dunmer woman with a large secret. Born male, Viveka fled from her family after one of her uncles outed her and her family rejected her. Seeking a new start in Skyrim with the identity she's always wanted, Viveka seeks to have a calm, quiet life in the countryside, anywhere where she can feel safe. However, growing tensions in the war and racist Nords have made it much harder than she anticipated.

Eiran Riverhollow - A Bosmer ranger seeking out the best hunts in Skyrim. Eiran was lured to the country after he heard of its promising game and fortunes to gain from it. But the Thalmor and other more condescending people have put his pursuit on hold and made it harder for him to make a living. In an attempt to protect his livelihood, Eiran decides to become a mercenary, although it hasn't done anything good for his morals.

Writing Samples

I totally understand the benefit of seeing how your partner-to-be writes. So I've summoned a few samples to peruse for you to get a good idea of what kind of partner I am and what you can expect from my writing. Some of these are from my application process, and others are from some original works.

QuoteThe rain was falling as nothing more than a mist. An earlier storm had successfully sent all the townspeople back into their homes, and the only proof left was the scattered mirror-like puddles on the road. However, thunder rumbled overhead, following lightning dancing through the clouds. No one would be out in this storm unless they had to be. Nika was one of those people.

The storm wasn't just any plain weather phenomenon, and Nika felt like the only person in town who knew that. They couldn't see what she saw. Where a normal person would see black clouds rolling through the sky, Nika saw a massive black hound, gnashing teeth made of lightning, enormous paws causing thunder with every step. Anyone else might call it a demon if they were able to see it. Again, Nika knew better. Creatures like that weren't just any kind of demon, the same way that the bow on her back wasn't any kind of weapon.

Normally, the bow appeared to be made of an exceptionally flexible sort of bronze. Her quiver was in the same style. Many had commented on its beauty, the careful, delicate etchings on the handle and such. The real beauty was in its ability. The bow was a gift from the reclusive Ladies of Heavensmoor, a silent cult that lived high in the mountains, coming out from their retreat to bathe in the great pool that was lit silver by a full moon. Nika had visited them before, following a vision she had when she had been out hunting. As an omen, or maybe just a coincidence, her last bow had broken clean in half during the trip. During a short rest before she returned home, Nika saw the silver pool, and a group of women surrounding it on all sides, hands cupping the mercurial water. Something glowed at the pool's center, and the vision disappeared.

She pursued it for weeks afterward, braving the treacherous trip to the mountain of Heavensmoor. The women seemed to be expecting her, leading her silently to the pool. There, the moon peeked out from behind the clouds and filled the pool with a magical sort of light. Then, just as in her vision, the center glowed. First, it was a brilliant white, and then a purplish-pink. One of the women left the side of the pool and walked out into the water, her arm extended. She reached in and pulled out the weapon; a bow that glowed like starlight, vibrant and more beautiful than many things Nika had seen.

It was given to her without a word, but Nika felt the weight of the thing's miraculous nature as she strapped it to her back. It would only light up in the presence of powerful beings or magic. Lesser demons hardly got a second glance. Powerful ones, known as the Thu'a by Nika's people, brought out its most vibrant light. One such creature crossed the sky in a storm, and Nika knew that it was in her best interest to go after it. As far as she knew, only her bow could kill the thing, lest it destroy everything in its path otherwise.

As the thunder rolled overhead, Nika could feel the beast's presence, just as much as she was sure it could feel hers. In an instant, she saw it. Lightning spiderwebbed outward, and a massive hound made of the blackest clouds faced her, its snarl a deafening report of thunder. Nika just smiled, took her bow from her back, loaded it, and aimed.

"Time to pay your dues, beast," she said, and let the arrow fly.

QuoteThe city burned, fire lighting up the night sky. Even from the top of the radio tower, the flames looked like they were touching the sky, the billowing smoke blending in seamlessly with the darkness above. Max held onto the metal bar closest to her, frowning behind her bandana as she watched the city fall little by little, crumbling before her very eyes. There wasn't much time left, she guessed. Staying to watch was like welcoming a death sentence.

With her free hand, she adjusted her utility belt, doing a cursory check to make sure all her tools were still in place. Screwdrivers, a hammer, and a Swiss army knife among other things were firmly held in place, and satisfied, she started climbing down the tower.

When she got closer to the ground, just above the tree cover, she immediately recognized the deep thrumming of a diesel engine. Her generator had died out the night before, so she was quick to assume that there was a truck nearby. Still hidden by the shadows, she held stock still, eyes adjusting to the darkness as she scanned the perimeter. Then, just at the edge of her vision, there was movement. She turned slowly to see someone pacing by the front door of the radio station, her temporary home during the quell. The person was wearing a long coat, from what she could see, but from her distance it was difficult to discern any other feature. They stopped pacing long enough to glance behind them before reaching into their pocket. From what Max assumed, they pulled out some kind of communication device, either a phone or a walkie talkie. Naturally, she couldn't hear them, but she had a feeling that what ever they said wasn't in her best interest.

Silently, she crawled down the tower, her muscles tense as she braced herself for the short fall to the ground. As soon as she let go of the last bar, she ducked into a roll so that she wouldn't make so much noise. If these people had burned an entire city, she was just small prey. Fortunately, she managed to stay quiet in her fall, and easily got up out of the roll.

Just as she began to make her escape, she felt something digging into her back. Instantly, she froze.

"If you don't want to have a nice hole going through your midsection, I'd suggest you put your hands up and turn around, slowly," someone commanded in a low voice.

Max did just as the person said. She slowly turned, first noticing a barrel of a rifle gleaming in the limited light, and then the person holding it. Her eyes widened and a gasp died in her throat.

QuoteAmyx didn't know what he had just walked into. Well, no, that wasn't completely true. He did know, to a degree. At first glance, it was as much of a seedy bar as the place next to it. The same rabble of drunks, beautiful nymphs with eyes glittering like jewels, a roundup of space pirates and dredgers, and any halfway decent mercenary that had just enough credits for a drink, probably to wash the blood out of their mouths. There was definitely indication that he was far from being a regular, or even passing for one. His clothes were just one scrub to clean, his beard closely trimmed, not a speck of dirt under his fingernails, and a clean criminal record (he wasn't sure they could sense the last one, but he wasn't about to doubt it). What ever it was that tipped them off, it was enough for almost everyone to turn and look at him.

The bartender watched him with obvious distrust. Her hand was alarmingly close to the electric baton he had seen others like her wielding. It seemed to be the choice instrument of quick inebriated punishment. Not powerful enough to kill, but certainly enough voltage to get the point across. Amyx knew he was treading in dangerous territory just by being there, but the mere sight of her made him nervous. Even compared to the two pirates on his left, he was more certain she would inflict more damage.

Still, he hadn't come there without a purpose, even though he had never felt more out of place in his life. Quietly, he slid onto the seat between one of the gruffer pirates (was that a fake eye?) and a rather pretty dredger. Yes, pretty, but she also had a look of a woman primed to slice his throat if he moved the wrong way. Consequently, Amyx stiffened himself up.

The bartender studied him for a moment as he settled in. Her eyes were as sharp as a blade, her lips in a line even thinner. Finally, with all the tension of a primed avalanche, she leaned over the counter. "What can I get ya?" she asked, an accent tugging on her words.

"Something strong," Amyx replied. He grimaced and gave one more look around the room. "Something very strong."

QuoteIn the darkness, there was a rhythm. It wasn’t very loud to start with, just as soft as a cricket’s song, creeping along the edge of the gloom like a tiger stalking in the reeds. Then, it picked up; the twang of a bullfrog, the beats of a dragonfly’s wings, the trickle of water. Then thunder, growling in the west, trampling through the night as though it was a rider on horseback.

The stage was suddenly lit, seemingly by a lightning strike. In the middle of it, a young woman, dressed rather demurely and plainly in a mud-brown yukata, her obi the color of a pine forest. She stood at a rather awkward angle, bent double like an old hag. Her hair was long and unkempt, falling in her face, her hands hiding what ever expression she had. It seemed as though she was in agony, her fingers clutching at her forehead, her body looking as twisted as a tree trunk.

Outside the scene was a voice, warbling through a song as old as the forest towering in the background. “The woman looked lost,” he sang, the rumble of thunder accompanying him. “The rain was cold on her skin, seeping through the fabric of her clothing and freezing her. Was she to die in this swamp? Her end was to be met in a storm that night.”

Then, there was a loud clapping from the right side of the stage, and a warrior dressed in resplendent finery began to struggle down the walkway. The sight of him brought on a loud clapping from the crowd. Lights focused on him and brought out the colors of his clothing. His haori was stark white, stitched with gold string and dyed with red patches along the bottom hem. His hakamashita was black and gold, so delicately embossed onto the fabric that it was as if the filigree came to life, like sun shining through a canopy of trees.

The warrior’s face was hardly menacing. His eyes remained fixed forward, his grimace just barely there, but enough to denote his status. His hair was tied back with a simple red ribbon, and his hand just hovered over the hilt of a sword tied at his waist.

He fought his way through the storm, his free hand shielding his eyes from the rain.

“Kijimoto, a samurai from a local clan, had dreamt of a fair maiden in the swamp that night. In an instant, he awoke, rushing to don his clothing to save her. He could hear her weeping, crying out for someone to save her from the awful torrent. The mud and mire was thick, and so Kijimoto struggled through in order to find her. Courage had lit a flame in his heart, and it burnt so strongly that it was like a lantern in the darkness,” the chorus sang.

Kijimoto continued until he was just a few steps away from the woman. He reached out, beckoning her with one hand. “Fair lady!” he called out, his voice strong enough to cut through the cacophony of thunder. “Fate has led me to the edge of this swamp, and honor has guided me through it! Take my hand and I can lead you to the shore!”

The woman froze, then dropped one hand away from her face. There, just barely visible, was a streak of pink beneath her eye. All at once, the thunder stopped. The silence was only permeated by the shriek of a flute.

“Kijimoto didn’t know,” the chorus intoned solemnly. “He did not know of her deeds. Nefarious trickery she had committed, and he wasn’t any wiser. A good heart was only so strong. The bravery of this hero was never to be remembered, as she had done what she had set out to do.”

The woman reached across and took out Kijimoto’s outstretched hand. He seemed relieved until she pulled him violently, causing him to stumble into the swamp. He laid on his back, staring up at her in horror. “My lady! What is this? What is this act you have done?” he asked, reaching out to her again.

The woman took a step back, lowering both hands to her sides, gripping the neckline of her yukata. A wicked grin appeared on her face, outlined in pink and red. “Such honor to you, oh brave samurai,” she said, her voice high and lilting. She suddenly went to her knees, head lowered, shoulders shaking in laughter. “But oh, how foolish you all are! You see the poor, the suffering, those afflicted by misfortune, and you show kindness! But kindness can make you so blind. Yet... I suppose I can offer you a reward for such a show of pleasantry toward a poor woman lost in the rain.”

The yukata seemed to be torn away from her body, replaced then by a robe of solid black, save for a blood red obi criss-crossed with black cords like a spiderweb.

Kijimoto gasped in horror, his shock accompanied by another shriek of the flute and a harsh strike on a drum. “A kitsune!” he managed, one trembling hand beginning to reach for his sword.

The woman lifted one hand to strike, and froze in her position just as Kijimoto froze with his hand on the hilt of his katana. The crowd went into a frenzy of clapping, a few people calling out, “Otonami-sama!” in delight. After a long moment of clapping and cheering, the scene resumed with the complete silence of the crowd.

“Trickery!” Kijimoto called out, struggling to unsheathe his sword. “Lies and falsehood! How dare you do such a thing!”

The woman laughed, high and manic. “Don’t you see, honorable samurai? That is how I make my living.”

As she reached down to strike him, a black cloth appeared to come from her sleeve, covering him. He sank down as if he was drowning in the mire, and as he was lowered down on the stage, the cricket song began again.

“Foolish men see things as they want to see them,” the chorus sang. “It is in these harsh situations where one is to see the truth. Not all is so beautiful, not as endangered. Often, it is the people who think they are being brave that are in danger.”

The scene finally closed out with a heavy drum beat, the actor playing the woman bowing deeply at the waist. As some of the actors filed on stage, there was a raucous applause. Cheers for certain actors rose higher than most other calls, and as the troupe finally walked off stage, the sound of their own names followed them.

QuoteNeuroprobing was delicate work. The Anilector was designed to make it as easy as possible, while also reaching deep into the Animus without harming the patient. Apex was built to fit into the Anilector flawlessly. A series of connectors at the base of his neck would allow the machine to plug into him and lull him into the state necessary to go into the patient’s mind. An assistant would stand by and at the first sign of distress, send a signal to the Neuroprober to warn them that they were entering dangerous territory. Anything beyond that often warranted disconnection.

To date, Apex had never needed to be disconnected. He was one of the best in his field for that fact alone. Before he went into the Anilector for Nanitsuki’s case, he prayed to Galatea that his record wouldn’t be sullied. He sent up an extra prayer to the Goddess of Dreams to make it a clean case.

The assistant for Nanitsuki was a young man, obviously college-age. He was quiet, speaking only to introduce himself and say that this was a learning experience for one of his classes, as he was a prospective Neuroprober. Apex wished him luck before sitting down in the Anilector chair.

He didn’t feel the plugs go in, as that was as familiar of a feeling as breathing or blinking. One moment, he was looking at the assistant, and the next, he was looking at a spiraling staircase. The walls around it contained paintings and photographs that seemed to be backlit. It seemed normal enough, as this was the exhibition stage before going down to the safe space. Some people presented their exhibition as an art gallery, others as a movie. Apex wondered if the staircase image was a warning, that to go any further was to spiral down into darkness.

Taking in a deep breath, he began descending. As he passed by the pictures, a voice filled his head, as if someone had installed speakers within him.

The first was a picture of a small suburban house. It looked painfully normal, the siding painted white, a garden of multicolored flowers blooming with springtime brilliance.

That was the house in Lapeer, Nanitsuki’s voice said. She sounded exhausted, too tired for someone so young. My dad bought it as a wedding present for my mom. It was like her project. She loved decorating the place. She was really big into gardening, obviously. She always planted our favorite flowers in the spring. Mine were these purple tulips. They looked normal from the outside, but they had streak of yellow on the inside. I always thought they were cool.

Apex smiled at her explanation. She sounded like a teenager, reflecting on something normal and healthy.

The next picture showed a family standing in front of a large gray stone building. Apex recognized a very young Natsuki standing in the middle between a taller brown-haired teenager and a toddler with red hair like her sister, clinging to Natsuki’s hand. On the far left was a woman with her face blurred out, but Apex could see red in her hair as well. The far right was somewhat more disturbing. There was the shape of someone there, but it looked like it had been cut out. He assumed that was their father.

That was the day he got his new office in Detroit. We went to go see it and he insisted we take a picture to commemorate it, she explained.

The following picture was more obscured. It was a turmoil of dark green, brown, and gray. Instead of Nanitsuki’s voice, there was a long hiss of static. It stopped at a painting of a cemetery, an enormous leafless black tree hanging over a monument of an angel. It was the sort of painting made by a master, the detail flawless.

He died, she said. Mom didn’t want to talk about it, but she went to the cemetery three times a week after that.

Plots sound good? Let's do this.

PM me if you have any questions or you think any of these plots sound good, or you have something I might be interested in doing! Forum and e-mail are the best platforms for me, but I'm definitely up for suggestions. Also, please be patient with me if you do message me. I'm pretty busy throughout the day so I might not be able to get back to you ASAP. Thanks!
My O/Os

Intro, fandoms, ideas, and whatnot

"It's a secret to everybody."

Eydis

Also fixed the O/O link! It should be working just fine now. ;D
My O/Os

Eydis

Added more characters, changed some fandoms and such, and added the 'Plots I'm Loving Right Now' section. I'm also planning on making this post more aesthetically pleasing and adding even more characters when I get the time!
My O/Os

akirakaneda

Eydis

My O/Os

Eydis

Changed the formatting a little, added Game of Thrones to the list. Seriously, the Hound. Give me, give me, give me.

On the list of things to do, just so I don't forget:

• Pretty this page up!
  • Add character profiles on the big O/O page
  • Make worldbuilding page for BTGH and link it onto here
  • More original plots
  • More characters, even the homeless ones
  • Post some fandom story ideas on here or the O/O page
My O/Os

Eydis

After something like three months o' hiatus. I have a lot to work on. Same things on the to-do list as before, plus adding a few fandoms on and tweaking around what I'd like to do.
My O/Os

Eydis

Removed old plots, added two new ones. Also added a 'writing samples' section.

New plots coming up, hopefully tomorrow or, even better, when I get home from my shift tonight.
My O/Os

Eydis

Back again after a loooong time! I've added a few things, and I've got a nice to-do list to work on. The big thing is the addition of my current obsession with Fallout. Like, I'm jonesing hard for it.

TO DO:

• Add new original story ideas. Include BTGH, a vampire story, and a few others.
  • Make a workable OC list, or a link to other OCs.
  • Add OCs from current works, like Fallout.
  • Pretty much everything I was going to work on before my big ol' hiatus. Get on that.
My O/Os

Eydis

Back again, mostly to see if it's worth chilling out here for a bit. I have some down time and I'm in need of both writing practice and distraction. Yeeeehaw.
My O/Os