Broken Bonds [Alternate Universe Dystopia | LGBTQ+ Friendly | Recruiting]

Started by Cerevan, September 10, 2016, 10:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotley

Figured I'd post this question here since others might be wondering as well :-)

Ouro and I are noodling over a pair of Tower police offers/detectives. How similar do Tower police function to real life police? Are they the same/separate? Should PC police peeps have a specific department they work (like vice or homicide or etc etc) or should their jobs be more generalized and flexible so they're available for more plotlines and interaction opportunities?
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Vael the Destroyer

I have a bunny in my head. Looking for a good friend for Dr. Talon Grant. He more than likely would only be close to those who are Tower, unaffiliated, or work at TKO. Male or female does not matter. Would just enjoy for there to be someone for the doc to talk to and have drinks with. :)

If interested shoot me a pm.

Timeless

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on September 26, 2016, 11:08:20 AM
I have a bunny in my head. Looking for a good friend for Dr. Talon Grant. He more than likely would only be close to those who are Tower, unaffiliated, or work at TKO. Male or female does not matter. Would just enjoy for there to be someone for the doc to talk to and have drinks with. :)

If interested shoot me a pm.

I have one character in mind who may fit the bill! I'll be PMing you shortly. XD

Cerevan

Quote from: Dotley on September 24, 2016, 10:28:31 PM
Figured I'd post this question here since others might be wondering as well :-)

Ouro and I are noodling over a pair of Tower police offers/detectives. How similar do Tower police function to real life police? Are they the same/separate? Should PC police peeps have a specific department they work (like vice or homicide or etc etc) or should their jobs be more generalized and flexible so they're available for more plotlines and interaction opportunities?

Tower police are "the police" in cities that have a Tower, towns than have a Tower auxiliary office, etc. They're made up of both Sentinel and Normals, though particularly in Tower cities there's an obvious preference in promotions etc. for Sentinel. (Normal police officers wouldn't be out of place for resenting that. :P ) Technically, there are also state police and federal officers (e.g. FBI) who are not Tower. Jurisdictional grey areas are frequent. America!

There are departments within the Tower police, specifically: Arson, Counter-Resistance (go after violent resistance groups, e.g. Chainbreakers), Homicide, Hunting (look for rogue Guides), Theft (includes burglary, auto theft, etc.), Vice (focused primarily on drug running), and White Collar Crime. All beat cops and detectives have generalized training in everything except White Collar Crime and Arson. Generally speaking, newbies will spend the first two or three years drifting between departments until they show promise in one area. (Or get kicked out whoops.)

PC cops, unless they're top level types, should have a department they answer to. As a GM suggestion, I would point to Counter-Resistance, Homicide, Hunting, and Vice as choice spots to get in on the action. However, choosing another department won't necessarily mean you're cut out of doing police-y stuff. There will be events happening that will, ahem, "require inter-departmental cooperation".

Cerevan

Sooooo just to save people some time. (And me some time whoop.) I'm looking for connections for my four characters. Plz hit me up for scenes or plots or whatever. I will love you. (Also, please note that I'm open for things beyond what's suggested here.)

Kieran "Kie" Matthews : Guide | Tower | Bond Spoken For The Apprentice of the New Orleans Omega. Available for all kinds of scenes requiring an older, experienced Guide in a position of authority in the Tower; or for any scenes (Bonding interviews, Divorces, etc.) requiring an Omega that you don't want to do with the NPC Omega. Also for general slice of life scenes. Needs friends, mentees, and probably someone to butt heads with.

Lachlann "Lachie" Faulkner : Guide | TKO | Bond Spoken For New arrival to New Orleans via a Guide trafficking ring. Stalked the leader of TKO into taking her in and is currently terrorizing him (and his employees) with her baking, hugs, and general ability to generate spontaneous rainbows of joy. Available for most scenes involving Resistance or Neutral people, or perhaps Tower people who aren't...y'know. Likely to drag her away. Needs friends and a Guide mentor.

Briony Devon : Normal | Neutral | Open for Plotting Pied Piper of the Ninth. Takes in underage Sentinel who've ended up on the streets in order to keep them away from Guidine and worse. Actually rather good with Sentinel, in general, or at least as good as anyone gets without being a Guide. Protects her own. Available for scenes with literally anyone of any association, though she avoids Tower people as a general rule. Needs friends, maybe coworkers, and a person or two willing to take on a strong-willed Normie. (Yeah, looking for a poly arrangement here. Cough. Cough.)

Caleb Devon : Sentinel | Chainbreakers | Bond Spoken For Third in command, roughly, of the Chainbreakers. Runs many of their more explosive (heh) operations. Fairly well known in the Ninth for less illegal things like his mechanic shop and his love of poetry. Needs other Chainbreaker / resistance types, friends, and some cops to play cat and fucking mouse with.

Ouroboros

Why what a coincidence I also happen to be looking for scenes! I shall message you soon, I certainly shall. In the meantime, I am looking for scenes and connections for...

Brian Darbonne - Normal, Chainbreaker, QT BB. Aside from the obvious Chainbreaker connections, I'm looking for potential friends and local connections. He lives in Mid-City and works in the Central Business District, but he spends time in Treme and hangs out wherever interesting things are happening. Open for drama!

Randall Wilson/The Queen - Secret Guide, Local Color, In the Know The Queen is involved in the underground, and is a consummate performer. Others may know her from her club, from her gossip, or simply from her presence around the city; she tends to avoid the Tower, but not overtly. There's just not a reason for her to seek that sort of thing out. I'm down for friendships, rivalries, Sentinels to run away from and/or murder, and whatever else comes to mind.

Cassius Thibault - Sentinel & Dirty Tower Cop Cas is likeliest to know two classes of people - cops and sex workers. If you're playing either, I'm interested in plotting with you.

Please note that I don't pre-plan relationships - romantic entanglements happen as they may but I have no set plans.
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Flower

jetblackmirror

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

jetblackmirror

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Flower

Welcome Jet!

I forgot to mention in my fishing post that it would be nice if there was just a teensy bit more of straight guys or maybe even bi-girls/dudes. :)

Specifically, for myself, I am looking for a male guide for my character, Leila. Please be forewarned that their bond isn't going to last. I just thought it might be nice to have a connection walking through the door.

Umm, I'm also looking for a sentinel bond for my doctor, Payton.

Feel free to message me if interested. Thanks a dozen.

Kokaine

Quote from: Flower on September 30, 2016, 06:16:27 PM
Welcome Jet!

I forgot to mention in my fishing post that it would be nice if there was just a teensy bit more of straight guys or maybe even bi-girls/dudes. :)

Specifically, for myself, I am looking for a male guide for my character, Leila. Please be forewarned that their bond isn't going to last. I just thought it might be nice to have a connection walking through the door.

Umm, I'm also looking for a sentinel bond for my doctor, Payton.

Feel free to message me if interested. Thanks a dozen.

+1 for the request for straight/bi dudes and bi/les girls!

Also, Heya Jet ^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

jetblackmirror

Hi Flower and Koka! <3

Annnd Jas is all for swinging all of the ways.

And is a Guide... >_>
though I can't make any Bonding promises because he is a shit.
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Ouroboros

*perks up*

Jas is a shit, you say? Is he also a garbage person? Inquiring minds want to know...

jetblackmirror

Quote from: Ouroboros on September 30, 2016, 07:45:17 PM
*perks up*

Jas is a shit, you say? Is he also a garbage person? Inquiring minds want to know...

Well, I suppose by shit I mean he is largely disinterested in relationships, besides one-night stand situations. He likes to pretend he's an asshole.
But he's a squishy bear.

So... he's a good person, but he's good at acting like he isn't.
O:)
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Not to say that Jas isn't cool though. On the contrary! I am just being selfish. ;)

jetblackmirror

:P IT'S GOOOOD

He's going to be a pit fighter.
Because sweaty, bloody men appeal to me deeply.
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Relikai

Quote from: jetblackmirror on September 30, 2016, 08:01:01 PM
:P IT'S GOOOOD

He's going to be a pit fighter.
Because sweaty, bloody men appeal to me deeply.

Yay another one in the Fight Club   :P

Pockets

Well I sent Cerevan a character bio last night for a straight guy who is nominally open, he has a fluctuating relationship with Michelle (one of Koka's characters) and if I can come up with another character I'll throw something together.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Dotley

Quote from: Ouroboros on September 30, 2016, 07:59:09 PM
Trash cops need garbage people! >:(

More garbage people needed for the trashy poly web.

And yay to both Jet and Pockets! New peeps are awesome  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

jetblackmirror

Quote from: Dotley on September 30, 2016, 08:08:47 PM
More garbage people needed for the trashy poly web.

And yay to both Jet and Pockets! New peeps are awesome  :-)

:-*

But uh... if you guys wanna lemme know more about this garbage person for this poly web... You know you can totally message me right?
-has a whole folder of FC's they want to use-
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Amelita

Am working on a straight guy and have a bi one in my head. That should complete my roster here if they end up ready and approved.

If anyone wants a bi dick of an Ames guy for plotting purposes or as history filler, pm me! (A Reed/Sean type, for those who know what that means).

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Flower

Quote from: jetblackmirror on September 30, 2016, 07:38:43 PM
Hi Flower and Koka! <3

Annnd Jas is all for swinging all of the ways.

And is a Guide... >_>
though I can't make any Bonding promises because he is a shit.

Hot!

Vael the Destroyer

I would totally just like to throw out there that I'm totes up for more bi/gay characters joining the crew. I'd love to see a rough-and-tumble takes-no-shit sentinel waiting on the other end for my darling little Eliseo.  >:)