Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine

Started by Plot Hooks, July 16, 2013, 07:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plot Hooks

Allright, so here's 'the thing.'  It's not just anything, but 'the thing'.   The important thing.

I don't do well with group games.   I'm a slow poster, and it usually drives everyone up the wall.   They usually fall apart and what have you and what not.  I suppose that's kind of normal, but the way that they linger on sometimes versus the quick, silent death of a 1 on 1 game is somehow more heart-wrenching.

There's a big 'but' coming up here.   It is the sort of 'but' that I can not lie about.  Nor can I deny the but.  Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine has walked into my life, and now I am longing to play the game. 

So what I'm looking for is a 2-3 person game. Seeing as it's brand-spanking-new, I've never run a game of Chuubo before.  It claims to be aimed at play by post, and I don't mind taking up the GM role.  I don't mind playing either.   

Ideally, I would like to play with other people who have access to the rule-set and know what the hell I'm talking about.  I'm not particularly looking for smut, but neither do I have a story in mind either.    I really, really just want to play to try out the rule-set and see if it generates as interesting stories as I think it may.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

Rook Seidhr

Yes. Yes yes yes.

Yes.

Glass-Maker's Dragon, or a campaign of our own devising? With that few players, GMD probably isn't a good fit.

(I've got the books. I don't want to GM a play-by-post game, but I do want to play, I want it oh so desperately….)

Plot Hooks

I would be fine with Glass Maker's Dragon, or anything really.  I'm not dead-set against having more players.   I am, however, pretty married to play-by-post.  I just don't have the free contiguous time.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Rook Seidhr

What genre(s) did you have in mind?

(If we don't do Glass-Maker's Dragon, I vote for an Urban Fantasy game set in Old Molder, or a coming-to-Town game in Fortitude [which would practically have to be Pastoral].)

Plot Hooks

I'm pretty open as to genre.   Urban Fantasy is always fun.   I do know that I think I'd rather play something on the mortal level, starting out.   We should see if we can't get someone else to join us!