Monster Girls (D&D 3.5) Grab your Monster Manuals and Savage Species!

Started by ulthakptah, November 09, 2011, 03:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

True, males only spray but was not the feral lycantrophe were-lion a male char? Anyways yeah, I can imagine our ghaele or erinyes screaming while trying hold were-lion down to keep low profile :P.

NicciKotor

I only got 22 strength! Why must I have to hold the leash for this weird kittygirl creature!?

Such a hassle! All I wanted was a relaxing vacation down here but I just keep getting into such naughty trouble. People just keep asking for sex and it would be just rude to say no. Those these silly mortals do have some creative sexual kinks, and I am always good for experimentation.  ;)

(I can easily see her wandering some street in some city, utterly lost in this haphazard building and city design. Being just a perfect looking figurehead of womanly perfection at 6'2" tall and double C breasts. Inadvertently getting invited to a brothel and just too timid and accommodating to just say no to a few orgies. Just a few they promise, as I'm sure that these lovely folks are really trustworthy!)
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 21, 2011, 07:41:01 AM
I don't really approve of the classes here. It might be just how I lightly skimmed through a couple, but none of them seemed to take in to account the monster's level adjustment.

The feats are okay though. You can think as if you already have the cute one, because that basically how the game works. Also taking 2 feats to be able to start taking levels in a separate monster class seems like a fair trade off.

That was part of the point. The classes either try and weaken the monster's abilities and/or spread it across enough levels to make level adjustment unnecessary. The creators did this so people could play various monsters, without being raped by a massive (and in many cases, unbalanced) level adjustment that tends to make the majority of monsters not worth playing.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 21, 2011, 07:41:35 AM
Oh, and I'm going with starting level 14.

Ah, looks like we'll be needing to make monster classes for ExisD's Erinyes and Captjoe's Firre Eladrin, then.

And are we starting with rolled stats, or point buy, or...?

Edit: I'll go with 32 point buy for now.  I'll also hold off on assigning skills, so that it will be easier to change if a different method for assigning stats is decided upon.

Edit2: Ah, and then there's also the question of whether or not Flaws are allowed. ^^; Given all the LA everyone's getting, I honestly don't think it would be overpowered in this game.  The extra feats would also help everyone differentiate themselves more from 'standard' monsters of their type.

ExisD

I'll admit that I haven't looked at the monster classes all that much. I might be able to come up with something tomorrow though.

Snake

Alright now that I know the level I can work something out. and I may do away with the feral. a were dire lion is a LA+11 monster

Natural Lycanthrope +3, Dire Lion has 8HD

Kunoichi

Feral only adds +1 to that, though, right?  That would still leave two levels of, say, Barbarian or what have you...  Or maybe 8 HD is enough to qualify for Warshaper?  Hmm...

Snake

the templates alone qualify me for a couple prestige classes actually.   And yeah Feral does but it's nto goo on a point buy since you get a major cut to INT with it (-4?) and point buy doesn't allow you much in the way to countermand that with minimal penalties. I consider myself relatively smart so it's hard fo rme to play a really dumb character.

Kunoichi

Ah, I see.

Hmm.  Looking over the Dire Lion's stats, I think that you'd definitely be served well with three levels of Warshaper.  It's a prestige class in Complete Warrior, and you auto-qualify with your Lycanthrope HD.  You get all sorts of fun improvements to your combat ability while shapeshifted, plus immunity to stunning and critical hits. ^^

Snake

avorae

Alright I think I figured out what I am going to do for my character. I am going to go 5 levels of Pixie as per Savage Species and then 9 levels of Rogue.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Kunoichi

Actually, if you just use the basic MM Pixie, you have the option to replace that one Fey hit die with an actual class level.

avorae

True and it gives me an rextra level of Rogue as well... I will go with that then.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Kunoichi

Alright. ^^

And now, I've got the preliminary version of my character completed.  Ladies and gentlemen, meet Kulzu, a shifty little Imp Assassin (Impssassin?) and Underworld Poison Supplier.

She milks herself for DC 21 Con poison on a daily basis. :P

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 21, 2011, 04:53:44 PM
Alright. ^^

And now, I've got the preliminary version of my character completed.  Ladies and gentlemen, meet Kulzu, a shifty little Imp Assassin (Impssassin?) and Underworld Poison Supplier.

She milks herself for DC 21 Con poison on a daily basis. :P

That certainly gives the wrong mental image, or maybe the right one?

Nearly done as well, just need to finish buying equipment for my pint-sized powerhouse.

Kunoichi

Oh, you got the right one, definitely. xD Or at least, it's the mental image I had when writing that bit out, anyway.

I look forward to seeing your character, Ala Rai Sen.

Ala Rai Sen

Well, here she is for now, Maka, master of waif-fu. My second barbarian character overall, since my first barbarian when 3.5 came out all those years ago. I am more than happy to hear any suggestions for improvement.

Kunoichi

Well, the Spirit Lion Totem from Complete Champion is a pretty common choice for Barbarians, first.  It gives you Pounce in exchange for Fast Movement, which is a solid trade.  The Monkey Grip feat can be replaced with a magic item (Strongarm Bracers, in the Magic Item Compendium), and Weapon Focus... isn't really a good feat to take unless you need it as a prerequisite for something else. ^^; Same for Cleave, unfortunately...

Maxing out Intimidate and taking Imperious Command and Intimidating Rage can give you some extra versatility in battle, though the Charisma requirements on that first feat might be a little hard to swing.

Power Attack and Leap Attack are commonly paired with Shock Trooper's Heedless Charge ability, though you'll need Improved Bull Rush to pick up that feat.

The Streetfighter ACF found here looks like it could be fun, and the 'Skilled City Dweller' ACF on that same page could give you access to some more useful skills, as well.

I'd probably replace the Merciful property on your sword with Berserker, which is in the MIC and 1d8 to damage while raging, or Warning for a +5 to Initiative.

Other than that, though, your choices look pretty good.  Most of the above are only suggestions anyway, so feel free to take the ones you like the sound of and ignore the ones you don't. ^^

NicciKotor

So who is going to be my pet when I crash land onto the material plane and start my vacation?

Kunoichi

Well, since Captjoe is making a Firre, you should have a traveling companion, for starters.  As for pets...  There's avorae's Pixie rogue, and you might run across my Imp in her Coure Eladrin disguise, as well.  Which would make for an interesting dynamic, now that I think about it, what with me trying to secretly an Assassination and Poison Sales business right under your nose.

I can't help but imagine it as a wacky sitcom of some sort...

NicciKotor

Just don't piss off the Ghaele, since I can kill evil creatures just by staring at them.

Kunoichi

Evil creatures of 5 HD or less.

Of course, if flaws are allowed, then my choice of the Coward flaw means I'll still auto-fail the secondary Fear effect for higher-HD creatures, which will cause me to drop everything and run screaming, so...

The Grudge-Keeper flaw does then mean that I'll be back, however. :P

NicciKotor

Good thing you sunk all of that money into that +5 resistance cloak. The DC for the gaze O death is 19 will. Without that cloak your will save is a meager +9. Which will not be a hassle for me, since I have dispel magic at will.

Also have a +4 save against poison and 22 spell resistance. My biggest weakness is my shitty combat prowess compared to a equally leveled fighter or barbarian, 8 hit dice, and no prof. in armor or shields. I only have 62 hit points and I am not wearing any armor, with a base AC of 22.

Just good luck trying to find me with my improved invisibility at will.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 21, 2011, 05:56:18 PM
Oh, you got the right one, definitely. xD Or at least, it's the mental image I had when writing that bit out, anyway.

I look forward to seeing your character, Ala Rai Sen.
I thought it was sexy.
'
'Anyway flaws is fine. Abilities are 1d10+8 for each stat.

ulthakptah

Forgot to address a few things in my last post.

Quote from: Snake on November 21, 2011, 01:46:15 PM
the templates alone qualify me for a couple prestige classes actually.   And yeah Feral does but it's nto goo on a point buy since you get a major cut to INT with it (-4?) and point buy doesn't allow you much in the way to countermand that with minimal penalties. I consider myself relatively smart so it's hard fo rme to play a really dumb character.
There is a reason that ferals get a -4 to Int. They aren't supposed to be smart.

Quote from: Ala Rai Sen on November 21, 2011, 09:49:41 AM
That was part of the point. The classes either try and weaken the monster's abilities and/or spread it across enough levels to make level adjustment unnecessary. The creators did this so people could play various monsters, without being raped by a massive (and in many cases, unbalanced) level adjustment that tends to make the majority of monsters not worth playing.
Don't worry about things being to hard. If they get to hard I'll make them easier. If they get to easy I'll make them harder.