News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dollhouse Interest/Help

Started by WashAutumstar, July 30, 2013, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashAutumstar

So I've been watching Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" lately, and I was thinking what an awesome RP it could turn into, given enough people.

If you don't know what dollhouse is I will try to sum up the basic idea:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The dollhouse is home to people who, for various reasons (whether it was something like debt, or perhaps life just became to hard to live) , chose to give up a life of decisions and become Dolls or Actives.  Though the setting appears to be current times, the technology is far beyond our current norm. The way the dolls work is pretty much like a computer: First they backup your personality onto a drive, then imprint you with command phrases, and you basically walk around (as one character put it) as a walking/talking cucumber.

At any time, people in the real world (usually the rich and powerful) can pay the house to have a doll programmed with any kind of personality, to do anything the buyer wishes. Whether it be a temporary girl friend, a super spy, perhaps a dominatrix, any type of person you can think of.

For a better description go here -> http://dollhouse.wikia.com/wiki/Dollhouse

I am not very good at Gming (due to lack of experience) so help would be appreciated.

As for characters we would have:

Head of house (person in charge-so probably a gm XD)
Dolls: the people who would go on "engagements"
Handlers: the people in charge of keeping the dolls safe while on engagements
Tech guy: in charge of programming the dolls
Doctor: an in house doctor to keep an eye on dolls general welfare
Clients: Obviously there needs to be people who hire out the dolls

and possibly a few others.

RP stuff:
Everybody is welcome to join
It is my hopes that this will be a fairly large group
Sexual: No doubt
The genre is hard to say, action/comedy/adventure/love lots to work with here :)

Hoping to see lots of interest for this, if you have any suggestions that i didn't think of, questions, or just want to be a part of this: make a comment.

If you are interested in helping GM (due to the size I hope it will be I will definitely need help): shoot me a PM.

Cheers,

WashAutumstar

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

Katiana

*Pounces* I'm interested :D either Handler or Doll......

Clio

I could be interested in being a doll. :)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Ambie

Interested in how this develops....bookmarking :-)

Primarch

I always enjoyed Topher, I just might give being your Tech guy a go.

WashAutumstar

I know what you mean, Topher's my favorite as well :D

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

This show was such a guilty pleasure of mine when it was on, and I'd love to do something with it. I could play as either a doll or client.

RedEve

Loved the show, but not sure if it could be turned into a successful roleplay.

Can you give us some idea how you will handle the actual plot?

I assume it will revolve around the dolls being sent out on a series of assignments, but what will that leave the rest of the cast to do?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

WashAutumstar

To be honest I'm not exactly sure, I was hoping to find a person or two to help with that. I wanted to see if people would be interested before trying to hammer down the actual play

Primarch

I think at the beginning we might not need a bit plot, but we may have little plots being run by the clients that need something that's not sex. Like that early episode with Echo being an expert in kidnappings and what not. Later on once the game has traction and we know whom shall be sticking around we can come up with something proper beyond the life and times of a Dollhouse.

Hogan

Colour me interested. Handler I think.

WashAutumstar

Quote from: Primarch on August 01, 2013, 06:19:11 PM
I think at the beginning we might not need a bit plot, but we may have little plots being run by the clients that need something that's not sex. Like that early episode with Echo being an expert in kidnappings and what not. Later on once the game has traction and we know whom shall be sticking around we can come up with something proper beyond the life and times of a Dollhouse.

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking

WashAutumstar

So only a handful of people then? Anyone else out there, I was hoping for a fairly large group

WashAutumstar

So I think based on the number of people I'm going to start working on a story and leave it as an open recruitment.

I've never GMed so between than and job it will probably take me and Katiana (who is going to be co-gming) a little bit

So sit back, relax, and I'll PM everyone who is interested, about characters and things

Cheers