5E- Eberron; Sharn, City of Towers-- CHARLIE'S ANGELS

Started by Mister Ugly, January 28, 2018, 01:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

I just want to pop in to say OMG OG CHARLIES ANGELS YES! Your age bracket showed immediately darlin' and is awesome. Bad ass!  ;)  ;D

Mister Ugly

@Illven --no one has been accepted yet so sure do the enchantress idea.

@bubby-- "I am too damn young to be this damn old!!!"
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

bubby

Illven

Is the historan feat allowed? https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf

Otherwise here is most of Lyndis.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1475866

I figure as an archaeologist, she found the scale in one of the ruins she explored.

Mister Ugly

@Illven-- History feat looks good to me! I can live with it no problem

The sheet looks good so far. Note you do get to choose a trait listed in the build section as well as  the dragonmark gifts!

@bubby-- I am old enough to have practiced the 'walk' from Saturday Night Fever [let us see if you know what walk I mean ;) ]. As well as danced disco!

MU

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

Chulanowa

I shall be working something up tonight! I have bread to make in the meantime.

Illven

My sheet should be done now, unless anyone has any backstory questions.

DomJoe

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1475062
Name: Eirika Nesgar
Race: Half-Elf
Orientation: Bisexual
Class: Scout Rogue
Background: Guild Artisan

Backstory
Eirika Nesgar was once part of of a guild of cartogrophers in the country of Cyre. She had an eye for detail and measurements, and she was exeptional when it came to reading the lay of the land and translating it to paper... the problem with her profession was that there were not many buyers for her maps. The inexperienced ignored their profession and ended up getting killed, the experienced already knew the land as well as her maps, and even when they did get clients, most did not live long enough to refer others to their business.

So, Eirika resorted to different means to support herself: supplying forgeries for important documents, and providing vital blueprints for structures like castles and banks so that other thieves can steal from them. She was much better at her other business, but it wouldn't be long before she lost track of her connects to the guild and her responsibilities, and was caught making forgeries. She would have faced justice, if her trial wasn't set to start the same day the country was rocked by a mysterious explosion. She had only managed to survive thanks to a silver dragonscale that she got from one of the few rare clients she kept from her original business, a female human who brought back souvenirs from her travels.

It has been five years since then, and she has tried to take up cartography again and make an honest living, but she has fallen on hard times... She owes alot of money, and she needs it quickly before the debt collectors come after her...

At 2018-01-29 19:43:26, Eirika HP (uid: 56382) rolls: 4d8 Result: 15

RedPhoenix

This is an incredible idea. I'm feeling awful atm and can't really make up a character but if recruiting is open through this weekend I will do all I can to apply. I love 5e and this concept in particular seems really appealing to me.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Green Goo Theory

No artificers?!  Blasphemy!  I shall rectify this. 
Coming soon...

Mister Ugly

<Smaks forehead> forgot about Hit Points everyone please check opening!

MU
Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 29, 2018, 08:04:37 PM
This is an incredible idea. I'm feeling awful atm and can't really make up a character but if recruiting is open through this weekend I will do all I can to apply. I love 5e and this concept in particular seems really appealing to me.

I plan on keeping things open until at least Monday, February 5.

MU
Albert Einstein

Kathyan

Name: Meltania Nightigold
Race: Human (variant)
Orientation: Pansexual (quite literally)
Class: Cleric of Ollandra 2 (Trickster domain), Archfey Warlock 3
Background: Criminal

Backstory:Meltania was still a baby when she was travelling in a caravan with her parents through the roads when they were ambushed by a band of orcs, mercilessly killing everyone and taking all the valuables and the goods they just left the sole survivor, the baby, behind paying no attention to her and thinking either the wild beasts the hunger or the weather would certainly kill her and the would have been right if they had not rescued her. Taking her into the forest to protect someone who they believe didn't deserved to die on the roads or to be taken into the depths they raised her among their own. Who were these people who thought she was destined for better?, who were these people that were so kind as to take a complete stranger into their own and teach her their own ways?,  that was something Melly wouldn't know until she had grown up.

It would be when she was older that she realized that her those she called family were in fact fey, she was indeed deeply grateful and loved them and praised but she knew she couldn't stay with them forever and felt that she had to find her own wayso she decided to get ready and go find a way of her own although she wouldn't go on her own as Fifi, one of her 'sisters' would accompany her.

Without a clear route she wandered the lands for a while foraging to survive and it was like this that she found this curiosity, a silver dragon that she kept for good luck. It would be later when without knowing how or why she felt a booming sound on her head, one that made her lose her consciouness and one that would make the scale dissapear not without leaving mark imprinted on her skin that would grant her a few extra magical powers. Another lucky strike she simply thought not paying much more attention to that incident until she arrived to the city of the lost souls as Fifi called it, there would learn it was called dragon mark but not only that there would also learn more about the her own species, about the ways of the humans.

While Melly was playful and mischievous she was also quite naive as well and she really didn't know the world of the humans until then so she never really questioned being offered so many gifts, could she be any more fortunate? Granted that she had no money she kept and used everything that was given to her of course not knowing they were smuggled items, it was there too where knew about Ollara and given the large amount of lucky events she had gone through since she was a baby she became devoted to her. Meltania did made some good friends in Sharn, and some evil ones too, and learned quite many new abilities as well, in the streets, in the church and in the guild she was welcomed, skills that not everyone would consider truly licit but they were still fun to put to use so she did but with such friends and conections she had the inevitable had to happen. Someone had to pay for the things they did and no matter how beautiful she was Meltania was still used as a scapegoat only to be soon being wanted by the law, she was told she would be helped out of this but she wouldn't wait and managed to escape the rather short arm of the law. She would still frequent her friends but now she wanted to work on her own even when she got no coins on her purse but hey luck was on her side something good would soon appear before her.

Ons: casual encounters, exhibitionism, clothed sex, foreplay, teasing and more than anything any and all of sexual vices of the city (bondage, pet play, rough sex, objectification, sexual bets, etc.)
Offs: watersports, scat, gore, blood

Statblock

Str:12(+1) Dex:14(+2) Con:14(+2) Int:14(+2) Wis:14(+2) Cha:16(+3)
HP: 38, AC: 15 (black leather armor), 17 with mage armor

Proficiencies:
Light Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapons
Languages: Common, Sylvan
Tools: Gaming set (dominoes), Thieving Tools, Forgery kit
Saves: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Deception , Persuasion, Performance, Stealth, Investigation

Feats:
Actress

Equipment:
A crowbar, a set of dark clothes with hood, forgery kit, empty pouch
Leather armor, shield, two daggers, mace
Component Pouch, Scholar Pack

SpellCasting
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Thaumathurgy, Friends, Eldritch Blast
3/3 Level 1: Charm Person(d), Disguise Self(d), Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Purify Food and Drink, Hex, Sleep
2/2* Level 2: Suggestion, Phantasmal Force
Dragonmark: Prestidigitation, Mage Armor

Class Features
Criminal Contact
Blessing of the Trickster
Channel Divinity: Turn Undead, Invoke Duplicity
Otherwordly Patron, The ArchFey: Fey Presence
Eldritch Invocations: Agonizing Blast, Mask of Many Faces
Pact of the Chain: Sprite Familiar

Header

Meltania Nightigold
Human, Cleric/Warlock, 2/3, NG
AC 15/17 HP 38 Speed 30' Passive Perception 12
Str 12 (+1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Wis 14 (+2) Int 14 (+2) Cha 16 (+3)
Attacks
Dagger +6 to hit / 1d4+2 piercing Mace +5 to hit / 1d6+1 bludgeoning Eldritch blast +6 to hit, range 120; 2 attacks / 1d10+3 force 
skills

Languages: Common, Sylvan
Tools: Gaming set (dominoes), Thieving Tools, Forgery kit
Deception +6, Persuasion+6, Performance+6, Stealth+5, Investigation+5
traits and special abilities
Actress Feat
Criminal Contact
Blessing of the Trickster
Channel Divinity: Turn Undead, Invoke Duplicity
Otherwordly Patron, The ArchFey: Fey Presence
Eldritch Invocations: Agonizing Blast, Mask of Many Faces
Pact of the Chain: Sprite Familiar
Magic stuff
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Thaumathurgy, Friends, Eldritch Blast
3/3 Level 1: Charm Person(d), Disguise Self(d), Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Purify Food and Drink, Hex, Sleep
2/2* Level 2: Suggestion, Phantasmal Force
Dragonmark: Prestidigitation; Mage Armor

Magic Items:
Items
A crowbar, a set of dark clothes with hood, forgery kit, empty pouch
Leather armor, shield, two daggers, mace
Component Pouch, Scholar Pack

Fifi
Sprite, familiar, NG
AC 15 HP 2 Speed 10', fly 40'  Passive Perception 13
Str 3 (-4) Dex 18 (+4) Con 10 (+0) Wis 13 (+1) Int 14 (+2) Cha 11 (+0)
Attacks +damage
Longsword +2 to hit / 1 slashing Shortbow +6 to hit, range 40/160 / 1 piercing and Con save vs 10, or be poisoned for 1 minute, if failed by 5 fall unconscious.
skills
Perception +3, Stealth +8
Heartsight
Inivisibility
Magic stuff
Invisibility
Items
longsword, shortbow, leather armor

Mister Ugly

Okay looking over the Character sheets presented so far.

@Illven--What did you use the 4th level ASI on? Please list so I can keep track. What extra trait from the character build section did you pick? Please note it so I can find it? Same with the Dragonmark. What cantrip and spell did you choose to be linked to it? Get me a background up so I can see it please! So far it looks good.

@DomJoe--What extra trait did your character get? I like to keep track so I can see if things are overpowered with my build section. Also check your Hit points I added a section on hit points.  I like that Elrika is from Cyre and needs cash ...fast. I am sure you know that Sharn has a district for Cyre refugees. That could be good or bad depending on whom is there and can offer an fun hook. Also being a forger is handy as well as the guild membership. That guild is linked to House Sivis. So should the need arise note your character has a maybe contact with the House through your Guild Membership. [we will work out any details should it arise]

@Kathyan--I see the Dragonmark listed can you show which cantrip you took with it please? How did you get your AC? Leather and dex would equal 13. Mage armor and dex would equal 15?
Also let's break up the spellcasting section since you have warlock slots and cleric slots and unlike other mutli-class they stay separate, warlocks can be fun. Also if I remember right from the PHB you can cast your cleric spells using a warlock slot and warlock spells using a cleric slot which can be nice but also complicated. Melly being very naive can be fun but she may have to grow up fast ;)

Some questions, missed stuff and musings.
First off I am pleasingly surprised not to see 20s floating around. I knew it was possible with the ability scores I gave and the level being 5th. Heck I haven't seen any 18s even.

So tell me does the way I set up the character build section make too powerful a character?

In my opinion the point build and the array offered in the PHB seems to force you to make a less then heroic character and then they try to make it better with the ASI. The thing to me is that 5e is balanced when it comes to upward power creep or at least has a better balance then most systems. I also gave the good ability scores becuase I think feats help to define and empower a character and by not needing to spend the ASI to improve an ability as badly I feel it allows some interesting builds.

One thing I would like noted somewhere is the ons/offs of the character.

This is the format I would like used for the game...a character sheet is great as well for more detail etc but I want to have this as a header for each post. makes it far easier for me to keep track of things without numerous sheets open

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]picture[/img][/float]
[b]character sheet link /Character name[/b]
[i]Race , class(es), Level(s), Alignment[/i]
[b]AC[/b] [b]HP[/b]  [b]Speed[/b]  [b]Passive Perception[/b]
[b]Str[/b] x (x) [b]Dex[/b] x (x) [b]Con[/b] x (x) [b]Wis[/b] x (x) [b]Int[/b] x (x) [b]Cha[/b] x (x)
[b]Attacks[/b] +damage
[b]Weapon/spell[/b]  [b]weapon/spell[/b]  [b]weapon/spell[/b] 
[spoiler=skills][/spoiler][spoiler=traits and special abilities][/spoiler][spoiler=Magic stuff] Spells, dragonmark, magic items[/spoiler][spoiler=Items][/spoiler]

Partial example of the look if you want to add or change I am find with it as long as you stay within the image size
character sheet link /Higgins
Dwarf, Warlock/Wizard, Level 4/7, NG
AC 16 HP  Speed  Passive Perception
Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16(+3) Wis 16(+3) Int 20 (+5) Cha 14 (+2)
Attacks +damage
Weapon/spell  weapon/spell  weapon/spell 
skills
Magic stuff
Spells, dragonmark, magic items
Items

Albert Einstein

Kathyan

Oh yeah, maybe I should asked first but I switched my crossbow and bolts for a shield, that's where the extra +2 comes from, and for cantrip I took prestigitation.
And yeah I can cast cleric spells with warlock slots and warlock spells with cleric slots that's why I didn't separate them but I can if you want, as it currently is the slots marked with an asterisk are the ones from warlock as I don't have 2nd cleric slot.

Oh and the header looks great too. :)

Also a 20 wasn't possible as I see it, only a 19 tops but that doesn't matter as I prefer a feat although I only get my human feat so far :P
I don't think that makes our characters too powerful but it does gives us no clear weaknesses, also what is ASI?

I'll also update her with her ons and offs soon

Mister Ugly

ASI=Ability Score Improvement L4 lv 8 etc stuff

MU
Albert Einstein

DomJoe

Quote from: Mister Ugly on January 30, 2018, 06:47:49 PM
@DomJoe--What extra trait did your character get? I like to keep track so I can see if things are overpowered with my build section. Also check your Hit points I added a section on hit points.  I like that Elrika is from Cyre and needs cash ...fast. I am sure you know that Sharn as a district for Cyre refugees. That could be good or bad depending on whom is that and can offer an fun hook. Also being a forger is handy as well as the guild membership. That guild is linked to House Sivis. So should the need arise note your character has a maybe contact with the House through your Guild Membership. [we will work out any details should it arise]

Some questions, missed stuff and musings.
First off I am pleasingly surprised not to see 20s floating around. I knew it was possible with the ability scores I gave and the level being 5th. Heck I haven't seen any 18s even. So tell me does the way I set up the character build section make too powerful a character. In my opinion the point build and the array offered seems to force you to make a less then heroic character and then they try to make it better with the ASI. The thing to me is that 5e is balanced when it comes to upward power creep or at least has a better balance then most systems. I also gave the good ability scores because I think feats help to define and empower a character and by not needing to spend the ASI to improve an ability as badly I feel it allows some interesting builds.

My character took the extra skill proficiency as her bonus racial trait. Since I already rolled, I kinda have to keep my HP rolls, unless you are allowing me to forgo those for average +1 HP? If so, I'll take it. I'm glad that my character is giving you ideas for plotting!

And about your ability score array... getting a 20 doesn't seem possible. You either have a +1 or a +2 going into your 15 score, which bumps that up to a 16 or 17. If you want it higher, you're either using the ASI to get an 18 or 19, or you are grabbing a feat with a +1 increase for a 17 or 18. Variant Human throws the +1 into 15 and can get a feat with another +1, but that gets them up to 17, and you're still off even if you give yourself a +2 ASI.

If we were playing at level 6, a Fighter would be the only class able to pull it off.

Illven

ASI is now explained on the sheet. As well as the bonus trait, Lyndis selected, and the powers of her dragonmark.

Kathyan

Oh I forgot to mention that too, I took the extra tool trait for proficiency with a forgery kit and also spent the coins from my background to get one, although she is supposed to have received it as a present so she actually never had any money of her own and people paid for or gave her things for free or maybe she paid it in other ways :P so she doesn't have a single coin to start of. ^^

Illven

[/img]
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1475866 /Lyndis Trisweyns
High elf , Enchantress, 5, TN
13 32  30 feet  14
Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Wis 13 (+1) Int 17 (+3) Cha 13 (+1)
Attacks Firebolt +6 2d10
Dagger +6 1d4+3
Weapon/spell  weapon/spell  weapon/spell 
skills
Arcana +6, History +9, Investigation +6, Perception +4, Deception +4, Persuasion +4
Darkvision 60 feet Keen senses, Fey ancestry, Arcane recovery up to 3 spell levels, Enchantment savant, Hypnotic gaze ASI-Historian feat
Magic stuff
1st level 4, 2nd level 3, 3rd level 2 Chill touch, Hellish rebuke
Items
2 potions of healing

Ons Large breasts, Breast focus, Breast worship, Breast play, Mind control
Off The standard, Scat, Gore, Death

Kathyan

I just took a glance at Xanathar's book again for ideas on common magic items and got to love these two for my character:

BOOTS OF FALSE TRACKS
Wondrous item, common
Only humanoids can wear these boots. While wearing the boots, you can choose to have them leave tracks like those of another kind of humanoid of your size.

CHARLATAN’S DIE
Wondrous item. common (requires attunement)
Whenever you roll this six-sided die, you can control which number it rolls.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Muse on January 30, 2018, 10:57:56 PM
Anyone have favorites between these?: 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/a7/5b/caa75b2f8b77371e4c4456fc5d5c3298.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/29/5d/21/295d218b1bb9fed7025e2a446794a28d.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/78/0d/50/780d508881914384bda6a6e4af5d7845.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/81/e3/24/81e324cafacb18c7e6aa6e08c8c37c27.jpg

Each Image invokes in ways a sense of the class or classes but that being said I like the 3rd and 4th ones myself

@DomJoe ---since you had rolled before I made the change to hit points I will let you choose which to use!!

MU
Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

Teaser's for the 1st episode--- 

Charlie's Angels: Angels and Courtesans

"The ladies each made mistakes but I gave them a second chance, and now they all work for me. My name is Charlie."
"Do you know why Charlie calls them Angels? Because they show up when you need them the most!"

A female elf "Welcome back to the 'Satin Garter' Lord Henrik...."
Lord Hendrik "You are the only one I can trust...."
Lord Hendrick falling face downward from a tower.
The elf female falling backward from a tower.

A brothel, murders and Treasure!!

Albert Einstein