News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Started by Avi, July 01, 2010, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Oh my... do want!  Assassin's Creed II was incredible, and I've been a fan of the series since Day One.  If they can keep the quality of story and the immersive environments from the last two games and add in a kick-ass multiplayer and co-op mode, this game has the potential to be a great lead-in for AC3.

Behold the awesomeness...

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood E3 Trailer [North America]
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Brandon

Wait wait wait. Since when did they have guns in Rome 1503? I think we need to check the historical accuracy on this. I dont mind little things like the pistol thing in the 2nd game because that was "secret" technology for the time and its pretty much a given that some technology has been lost to man over the years.

That aside, I enjoyed AC2 as well (didnt play the first one for more then 10 minutes though) and I think it would be cool to experience more of Ezio's story. Although I also want to see where the futuristic arc is going too
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

AC2 screwed up big time. Towards the last third, they just dropped the story and all the relationships they had been cultivating in favor of this roadblock of cliches :/ Ezio is the Chosen One, from the Generic Prophecy, finds the Generic Alien Outpost that somehow survived the Generic Doomsday Event it fortells, one stolen straight from Wikipedia if you do a search for 2012.

And even in saying that, the game was freakin' amazing!

Avi

Brandon:  Well, according to this article, matchlock firearms were invented around the year 1300 in China and brought to Europe in the 1400s, so it would make sense for the Papal Guard to have access to them, being so connected and all that. In addition, wheel lock firearms were invented in 1509, only a few years after AC2 and Brotherhood, so the guards having access to guns is not far-fetched in the slightest.

Sabby:  I thought it was an original take on the typical Chosen One storyline.  And remember, it's not Ezio who's the Chosen One, but Desmond, looking through the eyes of Ezio.  Yes, the alien civilization and Doomsday future arc is a bit cliched, but the historical storyline was amazingly compelling for me as a history buff. 

Brandon

In that case I can let the firearms slide. Its jsut when I saw that rifle in the rooftop guards hands I was going "WTF? this is a series grounded in historical accuracy, did they dump that idea?"

I wonder how theyll do the futuristic one when they cant use the idea of getting desynchronized anymore
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Avi

I'd love to see Desmond actually getting out and doing some modern-day Assassin work.  The War is still on, after all, and now Desmond is effectively the co-leader of that cell of Assassins with Lucy.

Brandon

Come to think of it, I would like to see a more RPG related Assasin's creed, where I can make a custom character and give them a voice to interact with the other NPCs. Kind of like mass effect in the sense that you can choose your repsonses and whether you play a male, female, or hermaphroditic characeter they basicly all have the same script

As for the future AC, they may need to do one more to ease the player into the transition. Going from Rennisance to...2200 or even further seems like a big leap. Maybe they could do a contemporary setting or even one in say the 1920s or 1950s

Cherry Bloodrayne

I really liked Assassin's Creed 2 alot. I hope this one is just as good as the other ones. I wouldn't mind seeing an RPG like Assassin's Creed as well. It'd make the game alot more fun and a bit better.

Avi

An RPG would be interesting... though it'd be a bit hard to integrate an independent character, given that the developers need to preserve the bloodline from Altair to Ezio to *insert AC3 character here* to Desmond.  Might be a bit awkward if they need a male and the player chooses to create a female version.  They might have to restrict the gender, but appearance and skills could definitely be made customizable. 

It'd be fun to be able to specialize in, for example, short-blade, long blade, hidden blade, or unarmed combat.  The more points you put into a particular style of combat, the wider variety of techniques that would be available to you.  Movement styles could also be made customizable.  Acrobatics, stealth, speed, etc.

Brandon

I honestly dont see why genders would matter for any story that doesnt involve sex, and even then I dont understand why they couldnt make a character bisexual

Avi

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with basic biology.  Man-Man cannot make a child, neither can Woman-Woman.  The character could be bisexual, for sure, but with a bloodline, you *have* to have heterosexual couples for much of human history.

Brandon

Not really true, there is the option of a male providing semen in the case of a lesbian cuople wanting a child or a woman agreeing to carry the child of a male/male couple. Although I admit the day Ubisoft allows for such a thing would be the day the devil needs a snow shovel

Avi

Yes indeed, that kind of conception is possible today, but keep in mind, Brandon, that the time period where that is possible is hundreds of years after the "past events" of Assassin's Creed.  For the timeline to be intact and the bloodline to survive from the Crusades up until at least the end of the 20th century, you would need male-female couplings to have a line of descendants from Altair to Desmond.

Brandon

Which goes back to my ideas of setting it in a more contemporary setting allowing for a lot more freedom in a AC Roleplaying game

Avi

For me, though, the main appeal was getting to go back into the past, experience the life of someone else, and examine those events from a modern perspective.  It's the appeal of the exotic, frankly, and I think many people would find a setting of say... Feudal Japan, or Victorian England to be more compelling than making the "past" 21st century America or Europe.

Brandon

For me, what makes the game fun is the free running and jumping element. The combat isnt that great and if you arent into the psuedo science fiction then the story is kind of bland. For what its worth, I liked the story because it was different but story isnt why Ill play AC games.