News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Speaking as an Ireland sympathizer, it was awesome to see France self-destruct.  Simply.  Awesome.

Also, Viva Mexico!  I was hoping for South Africa to pull off the miracle but Mexico advancing is pretty cool, too. 

As for Ronaldo -- talented he may be, but he's also an ass.  You don't see Messi making an ass out of himself, do you?

Ridcully

No, and that's why I really love Messi. I don't love Ronaldo. But I respect his skills.

Ridcully

And this totally disappointing World Cup so far will continue today - and if England and Germany won't make it to the next round, I'll...I'll...stay in the bus like a French soccer player. Yes.

Seriously, I hope both teams make it today. Germany, because I'm German, and not making it to the next round is...impossible. It can't happen. It would be like Dr. Dre making a bad song.

And I hope England makes it to the next round too - maybe then against Germany? Penalty shooting ahead - hopefully with Hans Jörg Butt, our third goalkeeper. He's the one who can shoot penalties himself well. Yes, this just happened - now our goalkeepers also shoot penalties.

Anyways, that's just nonsense because I'm freaking nervous.

Ohhhh and for all soap opera fans:

It's 82 million Germans against Kevin "The asshole player formerly known as Prince" Boateng today. Do it for Ballack, boys! Do it!

Update:

Our beloved Kevin-Prince Boateng from Ghana gave an interview to a German newspaper released today. He says that many German playes

"thanked"

him for injuring Ballack, so that they were

"freed"

of Ballack. He also says that he'll dance nicely for the German colleagues today when Ghana scores a goal.

Hate is such a weak word. Can I say I loathe Kevin-Prince Boateng? I do. I truly do.

Nyarly

I just hope Germany loses fast. Maybe it will quieter here then.

If Germany loses because Ballack isn't playing, I would thank Boateng too.

Ridcully

What's your problem with Germany/Ballack?

Nyarly

I have no problem with them. I just hate the world cup and that everyone seems to go crazy because of it.

Ridcully

*shrugs*

If this makes you happy.

This makes me rather happy:

:) Soccer is beautiful.

Phobetor

Soccer is a beautiful sport. ;D I...don't understand why someone would intentionally post in a World Cup thread...when they hate the World cup...Hm. *shrugs*

ANYWAY!

I have butterflies in my stomach about the USA vs Algeria game. Omg.
I want USA to win SOOOO bad. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they'll go much further than the Round of 16. But...they deserve to go. *nodnod*
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Remiel

Amen, TootsiePop.  Especially in our group, I wouldn't be surprised if we win, and England wins, and we end up top of group C.   That would be awesome. Then we'd go up against either Serbia or Ghana and maybe--just maybe--make it to the quarter-finals. 

Oh, well, we will see.

Ridcully -- why are you so much against Kevin Prince-Boateng?  You may not like him personally, but you have to respect his skills.  ;D

Ridcully

Hehe. The day C. Ronaldo injures Ballack as well, I hate him as much as Kevin-Prince Boateng :D

Also, does he have many skills? He's a mediocre soccer player IMHO. He didn't make it in Berlin or in Dortmund and ended up in Portsmouth.

But point taken :)

But i still loathe Kevin-Prince Boateng. Hate. Hate. Hate.

(Kevin Prince Boateng in: Modern living - article "Wanna-be-gangsta-style 2010)

HAAAAAAAAAAATE

Stan'

Couple of England players getting away with murder here.  Not a single yellow card coming out.

Ridcully

And another regular goal from the US called off. Unbelievable, these referees at this World Cup.

Stan'

Just as well America scored that late goal.

I have never seen a football team with such low standard of football as Slovenia playing in a world cup.

It would have been a complete sham if they had went through to the last 16.

Avi

Landon freakin' Donovan... how clutch can you get?!  England and the United States both advance!
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Cheka Man

1-0, we win (but only just.)

Nico

Eighth Finals here we come! WOOHOO!

Phobetor

I will have London Donovan's soccer babies.

Omg. I was getting so ANNOYED because they had SO many shots on target but it was like ALL of them were being handed to the goalie!!!!

I'm glad USA is going to Round 16 *does a happy dance*
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Ridcully

And the funny thing: If Germany wins tonight, it's England vs. Germany in the next round :D

EDIT:
And well done, USA. Totally deserved. Your team has good a good spirit.

Ramael

And the Yanks go through ahead of us. Well I think that says something about Englands overhyped football machine.

Everyone (including the commentators!) is content to sit back and gloat about a victory against a very poor side, and ignore the next game! Group D's winners...that Germany or Argentina? Either way...we're fucked.

Nico

Quote from: Ridcully on June 23, 2010, 11:28:36 AM
And the funny thing: If Germany wins tonight, it's England vs. Germany in the next round :D
Not a problem for me. ;D Being half Brit/half German :P

Kitsunetsuki

I have to admit, I'm proud of the US team for making it to the next round...
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Remiel

USA!USA!

Oh my god, that game was an emotional roller coaster.  First the second disallowed goal in as many games, then Clint Dempsey's golden opportunity going wide, then the waning minutes where we saw our World Cup future slipping away.  And then, out of nowhere... Landon Donovan.  That guy better get a multimillion dollar contract in Europe after this is over, that's all I have to say.

We won group C and didn't lose a game.  Whatever happens now, I'm happy. Final group C record:

USA ties England, 1 - 1
USA ties Slovenia, 2 - 2
USA defeats Algeria, 1 - 0
USA defeats referees, 3 - 2

Ridcully

Ööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I love you!!!

HELLO ENGLAND! :D

Shall we go straight to penalty shootout or do you really want to play 120 minutes first? ???

Izu

Omg... it will be an awesome game!!!! Germany x England!! OwO

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Remiel

Yes, I don't think it could have turned out better if it was planned. The US gets a chance to get revenge for their 2006 humiliation at the hands of Ghana, and...well... Germany vs. England. 'Nuff said.