Final Fantasy VIII: Balamb Garden Official Application (FEMALES NEEDED)

Started by Fenrir, June 30, 2012, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg

I used two d10 for percentages. Much easier managed than a 100 sided die lol.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Revenent

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 13, 2012, 12:38:24 AM
I could! But, I have always been fond of the D100. It gets so little use.  :-\

Yeah, because anything with less than 5% chance of working is probably not worth the time. ::)

Quote from: Mossberg on July 13, 2012, 12:40:06 AM
I used two d10 for percentages. Much easier managed than a 100 sided die lol.

How do you create a 5/100 probability with that?

Mossberg

You roll two d10. One is for the tens digit and the other is for the ones. If you get two 0's then it's 100.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Mossberg

Can't remember where I picked that up. It might have been in the D&D 3rd ed.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TheHangedOne

Guess the ol' D100 will have to be relegated to being chucked at people we don't want at the gaming table...  8-) Hehehe.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Fenrir

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Lalo Kesko
Enrollment Age: 9

Weapon: Sword Whip Weapon Description: A very rare weapon chosen by students of the Garden, the sword whip is capable of holding its sword shape and by pressing a series of hidden mechanisms on the handle, a well practiced student can extend the sword into a whip with keeping long sections of the blade.  The sword whip has the flexibility and long reach of a whip and the cutting power of a sword and can be flawlessly changed from melee to mid ranged combat.  Lalo's sword whip is a two and half foot blade when in complete sword form and can reach up to fifteen feet when the blade separates to become more whip-like.   Meaning that all sorts of fancy tricks can be done with them while cutting people to pieces.
Specialization: Self Proclaimed Badass
Personality: Lalo is likely one of the most independent SeeD's the garden has ever graduated.  She has skill, power, and is well aware of it.  Her confidence is far from over bearing and arrogant though, it just tends to be a fact that she's good at everything she does... but that's mostly because she refuses to do the things she's bad at... She lives life on the fast track and is adventurous almost to a fault.  When she sees something she wants she goes after it an object, a mission, a person and though girls at the garden sometimes called her a slut, she's never been anything but a goddess to the long string of men and boys she's left brokenhearted behind her.  She takes the pleasure they offer, returning in kind, before moving on to the next object of her affection.  The only hard feelings she's ever had from her past lovers is the ones old flames cause that arise and settle after a long night of blissful love making.

Backstory:
Unlike most of the others in the garden, Lalo was not orphaned or sent to Balamb Garden.  The young child of merely eight ran away from her hometown of Fisherman's Horizon, stowing away on a tug boat that happened to be headed to Balamb Town.  The child was lucky enough not to be found and taken home, not to mention how convenient it was that it was actually headed to one of the places she wanted to go.  She had not cared when she picked the boat out from a long line of them at the docks.  If it got the strong headed nine year old to one of the other continents- she could find her way to a garden.  When she arrived at the garden she applied as an orphan and did not know or care whether her parents came looking for her for a long, long time.  She wanted to be more than a fisher, more than a mechanic.  Lalo wanted to do something meaningful with her life.

She passed her written exam the day she was available to take it and though it took a few weeks to get a professor to agree to recommend her she passed her field exam on the first try as well.  Lalo was on record one of the youngest to pass a field exam so early but she did it the way she does everything in life: at top speed.  Though she had barely passed, managing only the low rank of three.  Her very first mission was to Fisherman's Horizon and though the idea of going back after being away for eight or nine years haunted her she took the mission anyway.  It was simple to locate and destroy a nearby water fiend but while she was gathering intelligence she could not restrain herself from asking about her parents.  She discovered quickly that they were dead and had been for the eight or nine years she had been gone.  It seems that both started out the day after they discovered her disappearance and knowing their daughter well, headed for a garden.  They were lost at sea in a terrible storm before making it to land.

The trauma of discovering her parents that she had loved dearly, but had paid no heed to the past years, was torturous to the young woman and if it had not been for the other SeeD member on the team the assigned mission would have been failed.  The incident was reported and her Rank fell to one.  Lalo spent months in solitude, blaming herself for their death and not bothering to find out about them until it was almost a joke she had even bothered asking.  At the threat of being dropped of SeeD status she went back to work, deciding to make sure her parent's death was not in vein and determined to become one of the best SeeDs Balamb Garden has ever seen.

As a student she had collected many guardian forces and had been accused more than once of 'hogging' them all and when she became a SeeD she began collecting even more.  She beat every guardian force creature she decided to acquire, even if it was just by a little, and did not even bother with those she could not succeed in killing.  There was no point in doing something knowing you were going to loose.  She had almost every element and even some stronger non-elements.  Lalo kept them mostly to show off, only junctioning one at a time and her rank was quickly rising as she took on mission after mission. 

Just last week she became an official A rank and during that mission she gave up all of her acquired guardian forces for one in particular.  She had run across the unique guardian force on the island closest to heaven and though she was easily beaten in reference to some of the others she had obtained the creature out right refused to serve her as long as any other guardian force was in her possession.  Claiming to that she 'did not like to share.'  Lalo had wanted to say no to the creature but something about her was entirely too persuasive and she had no idea that she herself was charmed by the creature.

Appearance:
Lalo

GF APPLICATION
Name: Esyllt
Element: None
Description:
Esyllt
Esyllt fades into existence from a magenta color cloud and the cloud swirls momentarily the color shifting into mixing purple and pink swirls, slowly separating until the cloud forms into the solid shape of strange colored peacock feathers.  Smooth, flawless skin of a woman peaks out from the feathers and they slide back revealing a perfect set of lips.  A tongue slides out along the lips, leaving a shining layer as an almost reptilian eye suddenly opens, piercing a target with her sight.
Bonus:  Endurance and Vitality
Special Attack:
Enrapture - Her feathers shift along her skin, never revealing more than just a few spots of skin at a time.  The partially hidden body beneath sways back and forth in a hypnotizing way as she bends at the waist a hand coming up to kiss her palm and blow a kiss towards the intended target.  This action 'charms' a target, making the target less inclined to attack Lalo directly.  If she is on a team or with a group the target will be more inclined to attack others, if she is by herself the target will hesitate before attacking her, giving her the upper hand in battle.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TheHangedOne

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Alphonse Tartare
Enrollment Age:9

Weapon: Dragon Tooth Weapon Description: A simple spear with a powerful metal tip. It is wholly unremarkable, save for its name. 
Specialization: Diplomacy. Charming and charismatic, and possessing a way with words, he is quite good at mediating disputes. This also lends him well to acts of subterfuge, however, he would not use his talents for such nasty business, without just cause.

Chocobos. No, seriously, he is excellent with chocobos. They instinctively trust him, and he understands them on a primal level. He is the chocobo whisperer.
Personality: A good man through and through, he enjoys taking the high road in most situations. He believes in the things that some people may call silly;t hings like chivalry, honor, respect... knightliness. At the same time, however, he is a somewhat pragmatic person, and he knows that their is a time and place for such things, and then, their is a time and place for stabbing things until they stop trying to kill you.

Backstory: His father was a chocobo breeder, and an early exposure to them, and perhaps just good genetics, is responsible for his fondness towards the animals, and his ability to understand them intuitively.

Alphonse was sent off to Garden when he was young because he always went on and on about becoming a knight, just like in the stories his mother read to him. And eventually his parents decided, that if he truly wanted to do that, he would need the training.

When he was fourteen, he went for a walk to try to get to Balamb; he was curious if he could handle it. He wanted to do it as a test of his own endurance. Along the way, he encountered a chocobo trying to protect its chiciobo's from monsters.

Unwilling to ignore the situation, he plunged headlong into what was ultimately his first real battle. Though heavily injured, he did eventually emerge the victor.

Afterwards, he managed to get maybe twenty or thirty feet away from the mother, as it fussed over its babies, before he collapsed.

He woke up later on, in a forest closer to the Garden. The mother chocobo had carried him off, and tended to his wounds [ChocoCure], in thanks for his earlier assistance, most likely. He spent some time with the mother and her babies, who seemed willing to trust him.

For the next several years, every time he got a chance to, he'd go out to visit the chocobos, and play with them, and bring them Gysahl Greens and other treats. Some times, he would go monster-hunting around the area, keeping the nest safe and secure.

A little over a year ago, one of the fully grown Chocobo's, whom had taken an extreme liking towards Alphonse, decided that it wanted to always be by him. He took the time to train the Chocobo that would be named Ripper, how to fight, how to handle his weight, and many, many other things; he was inspired by the old tales of knights in shining armor, riding upon Chocobos.

Quite recently, he managed to commission a special suit of armor and claws for Ripper, which keep the big bird safe, while also giving him a suitably menacing appearence. Ripper is aptly named and attired; the chocobo has a serious vicious streak, and an over-protectiveness of its rider.
Alphonse's Appearance
Ripper's Appearance
GF APPLICATION
Name: Chevalier De Chocobo
Element: None
Description: A knightly chocobo
Bonus: balanced stat growth, evasion +20%
Special Attack: Esprit De Corp: The knightly chocobo blesses all friendly nearby characters, healing their wounds for a small amount (equivalent to a casting of Cure), while also giving them Shell and Protect.
Chevalier De Chocobo's Appearance
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Mossberg

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Tel Janin Chuain
Enrollment Age: 11
Theme Song
None as of yet

Weapon: Sword Weapon Description: Tel uses a sword that resembles a katana but has a narrower tip. See here.
Specialization: Melee combat. Focuses more on endurance and dealing damage than speed and accuracy.
Spells available: Cure and Berserk.
Personality: Tel is fairly outgoing and likes to make friends, especially of the female persuasion. His attitude is often carefree until he enters battle or some form of a confrontation, then he gets deadly serious and will give his opponent no quarter. Tel has yet to take the written test for SeeD candidacy.

Backstory: Tel came to Galbadia Garden at the age of 11. His parents had died when he was just a young boy and his aunt raised him until she could no longer deal with the boy who got in constant fights with the neighborhood boys. Nowadays he can't remember much of his past and prefers to not dwell on it. He figures if it was worth remembering then he would remember it eventually. Staying at Galbadia Garden until just recently he had excelled in the melee combat classes but was average at best in the other classes.

Appearance: Tel wears his sword scabbard on his left waist with a pouch on his right for anything he my want to carry with him. This is his typical style of clothing when not wearing the Gardens uniform.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Azoth (Unicorn)
Element: Holy
Bonus: Strength and Vitality.
Special Attack: When summoned a mist will begin rolling out across the area and a shadow will appear in the heart of the mist. Azoth will emerge from the mist and survey the area. Rearing up on his hind legs and neighing loudly he begins to emit a white light that heals all allies and removes any status effects. After the technique is done Azoth will land and turn around to leave, the mist disappearing with him.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Florence

DarkNevaeh

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Kir Aldebrand
Enrollment Age: 12

Weapon: Gauntlets 
Weapon Description: Kir has a pair of Gauntlets made of solid steel that allow him to go up against even swords in combat.  He is able to block and grab blades with these and they also come with a depression to put in crsystals that are refined from other items.  These crystals allow him to imbue his strikes with a particular type of magic.  Currently, he only has ice crystals.  These crystals seem to be a form of Esther magic that the military have been using as of late.

Specialization: DPS, hand to hand combat

Limit Break: Kir's limit break is a variation of Transform, though his is currently a weaker form of it.  Currently, Kir gains aspects of an animal  and uses it to fight, as well as gains Berserk.  His current aspects are wolf, where he gains claws, his hair extends, his fangs grow and growls.  He gains speed and attack power when in this mode and it lasts for 30 seconds. 

Personality: Loud, aggressive, and cocky, Kir enjoys using his physical prowess to deal with most problems.  He enjoys picking on those weaker then him (which is nearly everyone) and is known to go around doing his own thing. 

Backstory: Kir is a special case when it comes to the candidates.  Kir was enrolled at 12 years old after being kicked out of several schools for fighting.  His parents believed that if he got into the military, he would learn to control his temper, and only fight when necessary.  While the first became true...the second is a lesson that takes more time to learn. 

In no time at all, Kir took to training and his natural affinity for brawling became honed.  In strength and fighting ability he was top of the class and while he had no real affinity to magic, it didn't matter.  He and his fists would take on anything and in one on one combat, there was nobody better.

Kir was also one of the most handsome guys to come to the Garden.  Rumors vary but one that sounds most true is that there is a book on every girl over the age of 16 that lives in the Garden.  Kir is in possession of this book and has marked off each girl that he has taken to bed.  The rumors continue that he has had nearly every girl at least once, though there are some repeats.  The biggest rumor is that there is at least one girl at Balamb who had actually tamed the Beast.  This is due to roughly six months of near tranquility where Kir was seen simply doing his classes and training without being too much of an aggressive ass.  However, after six months, something happened.  Some say that his heart was broken.  Others say he finally snapped out of some spell.  Either way, he came back with a  ferocity, almost as if to make up for missing six months of challenging everyone to fights and taking pleasure in beating them all.  Soon his want to become SeeD became all he wanted and he went back to hardcore training.

After passing his written exams with flying colors, Kir went right into training for his field exams.  While he had no GF to summon, he didn't care.  He needed nothing and no one but his own two fists and his fighting ability.  Sure enough, the day the exam would come and Kir was set to go.  At 16, he would be one of the quickest to and youngest to go from training to cadet to the exam.

Well he would have been the quickest...save he had no GF.  No real grasp of magic.  So during the week after he became a candidate, he snuck into an exam.  He was, of course, caught, even though he took down one of the mechanical drones thrown at him.  After his verbal berating, Kir went on a walk...for three days.  No one is sure where he went, but he did not come back alone.  When he returned he had a new mark on his right shoulder blade and a new summon. 

Kir has taken the exam 3 times now and has failed each time due to his lack of teamwork and inability to take direct orders without challenging them.  Kir has been training hard to take the exams again, and hopes to soon.  He is already 18 and wants to desperately become SeeD.

Appearance:
Kir Aldebrand

GF APPLICATION
Name: Mateus
Element: Ice
Description:
Mateus
Bonus: Str-J, I Mag-RF
Special Attack:Flash Freeze- Mateus dives into a lake. After momentarily charging his trident, he launches the weapon towards the enemy. The force of the trident results in a column of water engulfing the opponent. The column freezes, and the immediate vicinity experiences a drastic decrease in temperature. The column begins to crack and soon all of the ice shatters.

Florence

Qt

Character Application
Name: Xenon Windbrisk
Enrollment Age: 6

Weapon: A finely crafted dagger, used more of focus for spells than for actual fighting
Specialization: Black Magic (Fire, Water, Aero OR Blizzard, Thunder, Quake)
Personality: He has a turbulent personality, sometime appearing very calm and reserved while other times very quick to jump to conclusions and eager to get conflict. Prefers to keep his distance in fights. He gets along relatively well with people but has moments where he would appear unfriendly and moody.

Backstory: Xenon doesn't have a lot of memories for when he was outside the garden safe for the fact that he is orphaned, even his memories of him after his enrollment were the more recent ones. He has a talent for black magic but beyond that he's always been a rather lost individual despite being the time he has spent he knowledge of the structure and rules of the school is questionable.

He knows a handful of people however he has limited contact with people and he's known to pop in and out of places without warning. Due to his general apparent cluelessness, he is often told by others what to do, though he usually does them, he does spend time to think whether what he was doing was beneficial or not.

Appearance:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

GF Application
Name: Millard
Element: Non-Elemental
Description: A winged female fairy with height up to Xenon's shoulder.
Bonus: Raises magical power. Inversion- flips the element for the spell that Xenon casts.
Special: Overwhelm, Millard circles the target multiple times leaving many coloured trails that surround the target before the trails collapses onto the target as ti knots together to create an explosion.

Florence

Pink Professional

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Tobias ‘Toby’ Fioré
Enrollment Age:  5

Weapon: Naga Fang A unique one sided blade with an emphasis on its point. The emphasis on its point compliments Toby’s unique duellist style. :
Specialization: Toby has a strong emphasis on his quick, duellist style of fighting. His sword style is swift like a dance and a lethal as an envenomed fang. He has some talent for white magic but is useless with Black magic.
Personality: Toby is a well-known and fairly liked member of the Balamb garden, having been a part of it for a great many years. He is nearly always light hearted and jovial. With wit, charm and smiles at his beck and call, combining that with his relative skill and above average looks, Tobias is an all-around likable soul.
When it comes to serious matters, Toby has a tendency to be very negative: Mainly to and about himself. He puts a lot of pressure on himself and is hyper-critical: At times even entering panic states and rash decisions. When he fails, he often becomes so critical of himself that he downright falls into depression.
Backstory: His parents were ex-Seed members, serving the Balamb garden a generation previously. When the two fell in love, and his mother was pregnant with Toby, both parents requested a leave of absence, which then blossomed into full retirement. Toby was born into comfort and lived with both parents firmly alive. For all intents and purposes, his life was pretty normal, albeit with parents that could infiltrate most governmental facilities and sabotage lethal weapon launches.
Growing up, Tobias had the same desires as just about any son, he wanted to be just like his cool dad. He grew up rapidly and Enrolled in Balamb garden at a very young age, following in his parents footsteps. He showed a lot of promise at the academy and great things were expected of him.
As soon as it was possible, Tobias took the Seed exam and promptly failed. It was dismissed as a situation of bad luck and poor decision making on the leaders part. So it had a minimal effect on Tobias, so life resumed until a stroke of fate intervened. Tobias’ father died, seemingly out of the blue. No-one knew what caused the passing, but it hit the son heavily, leaving him associating failure with the death of his father.

Appearance:
Tobias

GF APPLICATION
Nemo

Name: Nemo
Element: Fire
Description: The fierce Nemean Lion, Nemo is a striking figure with a powerful mane of hair and a fierce bellow. Often known to war against Ifrit, Nemo’s savagery is matched only by his speed and power. As graceful a hunter as can be found worldwide, he often remains the last thing to be seen.
Bonus: Speed-J, Str-J
Special Attack:Twelve Labours- Nemo launches into a ferocious assault, First letting out a Fierce roar, then charging into the opponent, Slicing them to shreds before bellowing out a roaring Inferno.

Florence