Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kathyan on June 10, 2017, 04:20:19 PM
Just realized about this, is there still room in here? ^^

So far as I know there is still room :)

Kathyan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 13, 2017, 10:16:54 AM
So far as I know there is still room :)
Ok thanks Zaer, I was thinking a either a Goliath or Firebolg that as a lower class resident was a slave (or actually is, if anyone wants one ^^)
Still thinking about what class to choose, the mystic is a very interesting choice and since it's already accepted I might take that one ^^

Edit:
I decided to go with a Goliath ^^

Kathyan

Quote from: Drowdeviant on June 14, 2017, 02:18:36 AM
Hmmm would you be willing for her to belong to an alluring half elven mistress Kat? Cause my gal certainly would love having such a beautiful and fit specimen as her loyal and submissive little pet...who she'll likely spoil with love, affection, nice food and well tailored but still flattering clothes...amongst other things. ;)

Go mystic if you want. I'm already gonna be one so it's likely your gal might also be my gal's disciple/apprentice as well as her well treated slave. ;)
I had not thought about being a gal's slave but certainly not against it so might very well go that way, that and having her be her mentor sounds very fitting. ^^

ShadowFox89

Hmm... minotaur mystic gives me a good idea on how to include minotaurs into the game. The idea would be that the Minotaur are Switzerland- nations send their money to them to safeguard because of how many labyrinths lead into minotaur lands and from just being such scary fighters.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

The Goliath is the mystic.  ;D The Minotaur is feeling more like a Barbarian (I'm digging the extra tankiness)

Lyku

I'm thinking of building a Half-Elf Paladin.

Name: Romero Xiliocient
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Paladin
Background: Pirate
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1242519

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Chulanowa

A'ite, I got Taavia settled up.

Drowdeviant, hmmm, good question! I wouldn't be opposed personally, but really depends on the IC; In my head Taavia is kind of a cock aficionado, but hey, maybe she just needs o meet the right knife-eared sweetiepie.  ;D Heck, depending on how the DM feels about it, or how many potions of alter self there are in the world, maybe Taavia can be the one delivering that particular good. Hmmm.

TheFourthShade

My idea for a human wizard who will end up betraying the Empire, if only so she can further her magical studies.

Name: Elenore of House Venturo
Race:  Human
Class:  Wizard
Background:   Noble
Sheet:   https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1252046

Description:
Elenore is trim, with a figure that has skipped a few meals too many to get thicker than lithe.  Her black hair is cut short to her scalp, and often under a hood.  She's on the pale side of tan, though her flesh is often hidden under robes of one sort or another.  Her go to garments are rather mundane drab robes that a member of House Venturo would not be caught dead wearing.

Background:

Elenore was born into House Venturo, an Imperial House known as much for its silver tongues as the steel of its blades when diplomacy failed.   Not the most social of children, and the third daughter in a line of five children, she wasn't particularly likely to go too far.  In the end, she was left in charge of resolving disputes in a port town that was once held by House Tanah.  The small fort that had been converted into a manor after the Empire expanded further out from this relatively minor port wasn't really large enough for hosting parties, but it did have one convenient feature.  It had a connection to the city's catacombs, and Elenore was bored enough to give them a search on more than one occasion.

She found a book written in a language that made no sense to her, and she secreted it away.  Given her relative isolation and small staff, it was easy enough to study the book at night.  She couldn't read the language, but the annotations were in a dialect of common.    Once she harvested all she could from the tome, she explored the catacombs again.  And again.  And several times more.

She found more things.  A wand, a few scrolls, another tome in elder common that spoke about magic in a very round about fashion, and a lot of things that turned out to be too damaged to be useful.  Most of the things were intact, of course, she ended up using until they were empty of magic.  Experimentation demanded no less.

She should have known better than to mess with those things, but curiosity grasped her.  She continued.  Finally, she read a passage from the first book she found in its entirety, and cast her very first spell.   It was just a simple burst of energy that burned out before it even hit the wall across from her, but she could not deny that it was magic.  She began to map the catacombs, until she finally was sure she had picked them clean.

Once her work was concluded and she felt she had harvested all she could, she drafted a letter to petition her Mother for the privilege of going with diplomatic expeditions.

Pleased that her daughter was 'demonstrating a little ambition', Elenore's request was approved.  She was to be sent with an expedition to negotiate on a matter of importance to the Empire.

Kathyan

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 14, 2017, 11:36:42 AM
The Goliath is the mystic.  ;D The Minotaur is feeling more like a Barbarian (I'm digging the extra tankiness)
And I had a hard time deciding to go mystic, I was mostly considering a fighter, yeah extra tankiness too ^^, but really wanted to try out a mystic so here she is:

Paane (pronouced pain) 'Stonekeeper' Vulakana
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1243588

Currently working on a background together with drowdeviant though when I mentioned her being a slave I had in mind a non caster human if there is one, or something close to that, meaning master would be a higher class resident where she would be a lower class one. ^^

(note that while Paane might have another owner I still intend to consider drowdeviant's character her mistress as well ^^)

ShadowFox89

Okay, so let's go through who we have and what we have-

Zaer Darkwail - Mathias- Half-Elf Fighter (Zaer, the link you provided for the subtype is dead)

Chulanowa - Taavia Flinthoof, Minotaur Fighter

Lyku Romero Xiliocient, Half-Elf Paladin

TheFourthShade, Elenore of House Venture, Human Wizard

Kathyan, Paane, Goliath Mystic
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lyku

Sounds good to me.

With double fighters, would it be more beneficial if I switched to bard for support?
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Zaer Darkwail

The link is dead? Try this one; http://www.tribality.com/2015/01/26/richs-gameroom-eldritch-archer/

Or in spoiler copypasta stuff.

Eldricth Archer

The arcane archer prestige class from previous editions fulfilled a desire in players for firing unique magically charged arrows on the battlefield. For many, the arcane archer became the conduit for channeling our love for archery-based heroes like Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Arsenal, Artemis, and others. Though the existing eldritch knight archetype for the 5th edition fighter can technically be used to create a version of the arcane archer, its powers are more aimed at melee combat.

The eldritch archer archetype is more a clarification or expansion of the standard eldritch knight’s abilities than it is a unique archetype of its own. Many of the changes below apply to any eldritch knight, though the Arcane Sniper option at 15th level is unique to those eldritch knights that choose to focus on ranged combat.

The Eldritch Archer

Spellcasting
The spellcasting feature of the eldritch knight remains the same with the following addition.
Note: These changes apply to the spellcasting class feature of all eldritch knights.

Anytime the eldritch archer is able to learn new wizard spells, including those limited to the abjuration or evocation spell schools, they may instead choose one or more ranger spells from the following list. These spells are considered wizard spells.

3rd: hail of thorns, hunter’s mark
7th: cordon of arrows, pass without trace
13th: conjure barrage, lightning arrow
19th: conjure volley, swift quiver

Developer Notes: If you’d like your rangers to be the only class with access to these spells, feel free to remove this feature. The other clarifications related to ranged weapon use will still provide the feel of a magical archer.

Weapon Bond
The weapon bond class feature remains the same. Eldritch archers commonly bond one ranged weapon and one melee weapon.

War Magic
The war magic class feature remains the same with the following addition.
Note: These changes apply to the war magic and improved war magic class features of all eldritch knights.

If you have a bonded ranged weapon in your hand, you may use an action to imbue one piece of ammunition with a cantrip’s arcane power. As a bonus action on that round you may fire the ammunition at any target or location within the weapon’s range. If the spell requires an attack roll, the attack is rolled normally for the ranged weapon using Strength or Dexterity as appropriate, not your spell casting ability. If the spell requires a saving throw, you must make a successful attack roll against either the target creature or the desired point of origin (use a base AC 10 modified by your DM if the target is a point instead of a creature) before forcing the target to make the saving throw.

Whether or not the spell requires an attack roll or a saving throw, a successful ranged attack roll deals damage from the ammunition in addition to the effects of the spell (weapon damage is dealt before applying the spell’s effects, including any associated saving throws). Should the damage be reduced to 0, such as through the monk’s Deflect Missiles class feature or similar effect, the spell’s effects are negated.

Developer Notes: The standard War Magic feature allows an eldritch knight to make a weapon attack as a bonus action after casting a cantrip, which includes both melee and ranged attacks. This feature allows those characters focused more on ranged attacks to perform the same action, folding the two into one shot. Though this ability will significantly increase the range of features like Poison Spray, it also requires that spell to have both a successful ranged attack and a save. With more playtesting, it may be decided to remove the ammunition damage and have the increased range alone be the benefit of this power.

Eldritch Strike
The eldritch strike class feature remains the same.

Arcane Sniper
At 15th level, you learn to weave arcane magic around yourself in order to hide your position. After you take an attack action while hiding, you may expend one 1st level spell slot to become invisible until the beginning of your next round. You may expend a 2nd level or higher spell slot to use this ability. For each slot above 1st, the invisibility lasts 1 additional round. Invisibility gained through use of the Arcane Sniper class feature is not broken by attacking or casting spells. This power replaces the normal eldritch knight’s 15th level power.

Developer Notes: This power worked well for us at our table, though at first blush some DM’s are hesitant. If you wish to use the increased spell slots to allow “normal” invisibility, let us know how that works at your table and we’ll fold that into the build.

Improved War Magic
If you have a bonded ranged weapon in your hand, you may use an action to imbue one piece of ammunition with one of your evocation spell’s arcane power instead of casting it normally. Unlike War Magic, the power of these spells consumes the ammunition used before they reach their target, preventing the ammunition’s damage from affecting the target. Otherwise, this feature works as the War Magic class feature.

TheFourthShade

Quote from: Lyku on June 21, 2017, 07:11:24 PM
Sounds good to me.

With double fighters, would it be more beneficial if I switched to bard for support?

It's kind of a coin-flip, really, depends on the role of the fighters (an archer and a skirmisher, for example, would benefit more from a frontliner than two sword and boarders).  Admittedly, bards and Paladins both have access to at least some healing, so I don't see anything going terribly wrong no matter what you do.

Revelation

For what its worth as a ranger, i'm waffling between an archery focused one or a beast master, still as an archer though - but since he's not getting a 2nd attack, it wouldn't be as ranged focused.

Vreski

Is there still room? If so, I'm thinking about playing a Dragonborn Barbarian or Cleric.

Mister Ugly

I have an idea for a rogue if that helps?

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Premier

Will chuck up a Tiefling Bard later! A wannabe classy lady who is anything but

Premier

Purity
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1251203

One of the few last living members of the former House Tanah, as the Confederated States fell apart her house tried to make deals with demons to try save their own skins. Most of those skins are now peeled off and owned by the malicious demons who so thoroughly fucked her family over and the children of those who made the infernal bargains forever marked. Purity was young when the war happened and never got her chance to fight for the Confederacy but she sure as hell wasn't born to be poor. She'll claw back what her parents lost somehow and if she can bleed the Imperial a little while she goes all the better.

As with most of the old confederates she's taken to dabbling in magic just to thumb her nose at the Imperials. It's been coming a lot easier than she likes, she never had the gift as a child but her new body seems to really take to it.  Then again what hasn't been coming easier lately? Her parents might have got the bad end of the deal but she's quite happy to suck up all the good that's left, you take your blessings where you can even if they're half cursed.

She's known as an asset for the rebellion but it'd be a stretch to say she's a rebel. Purity is far more concerned with restoring her lost fortunes than anything more idealistic and if it wasn't for her ability to smooth talk her way into the heart of whoever she sets her sights on they'd likely have got shot of her by now, as is she's used as a particularly unusual troubleshooter when force of arms won't do much good. She'd just stick her nose into trouble anyway if they ignored her, far better to at least be sure she's messing with the other side.

She's also super good with a fiddle. She isn't sure what that's got to do with Demons at all.

TheFourthShade

Updated with myth-weavers sheet.

ShadowFox89

Looking good so far, everyone. Couple of things....

- A few players were interested in changing the time of the war to 10 years back rather than 18. Would everyone be okay with this?

- A quick questionnaire for players/characters:

- Does your character have any relatives? Are they alive? Childhood friends? If you don't want to be specific, I'll assume I'm free to create personalities/backgrounds for each.
- Does your character have any connections to any organizations?
- What are your hard limits for what happens to your characters? What are your characters kinks?
- What is your character's greatest fears? What will they fight to their last breath to defend?
- What do you see as the story for your characters? Are they on a path of revenge? The classic hero's tale, righting wrongs?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

I am not against reducing the years to 10, just need adjust my char's age accordingly then.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 26, 2017, 04:18:30 PM
- Does your character have any relatives? Are they alive? Childhood friends? If you don't want to be specific, I'll assume I'm free to create personalities/backgrounds for each.

- All his family is dead and his only close friend is fellow street urchin who joined with thieves guild who is much more brutal to seek profit. He did not join himself (against his ideals) and he and friend sort drifted apart since thieves guild did not tolerate 'competition' at their turf and so guild business pushed them apart (as he left before friend got told to kill him).

- My char has worked already with rebels to extend or other anti-empire groups or people.

- What are your hard limits for what happens to your characters? What are your characters kinks?

- My char kinks/offs are similar to my ons/off list. Overall hetero flexible (futas okay but not MxM action) and only hard limit is mutilation, scat, gore/vore related to sex.

- What is your character's greatest fears? What will they fight to their last breath to defend?

- Most worst fear is for being caught by Empire and executed. But he is willing to risk it for sake changing the country as well and is ready to die for. However because of incident in his street urchin youth he has dislike/fear on rats, rat swarms he fear with sheer terror.

- What do you see as the story for your characters? Are they on a path of revenge? The classic hero's tale, righting wrongs?

- Path of revenge while on side seek change country but main passion/objective is revenge on Empire.

Premier

Mine worked with Rebels too Zaer! We should work out how they met before.

Elenore was a childhood friend (Before Purity got changed into a Tiefling). Her current family are all cursed by demons and either unwillingly serving them, being tortured by them or on the run. Purity's skipped the curse due to not ever signing the deal but she didn't escape the tainting of her bloodline.

She's got a Sister called Hope who also dodged the punishment and is trying to find religion to try remove the family curse. Purity wishes her the best of luck, but she's good with being just a bit religious and doesn't think this curse is going away any time soon.

She's a contact for the rebels when they need some social power. She might not be quite as well connected as she was, but old Confederate nobility is still nobility.

Kinks match my declared, keeps it easy. So she's up for fairly vanilla stuff with anyone!

Greatest fear is being skinned alive by a demon thanks to her curse. She'll fight to her last breath to defend her family name from slipping away into history.

A long road of revenge against the nation that destroyed the confederacy and the attempted restoration of her lost house. This may require finding someone to marry since there's not exactly a lot of her bloodline going.

Alternatively the demons decide they want to catch up with her and shit gets real as she has to either cure this curse or bring a demon to heel. Heck maybe she can marry them? Two birds one stone.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Premier on June 26, 2017, 05:46:42 PM
Mine worked with Rebels too Zaer! We should work out how they met before.

Indeed, considering they share same 'alignment' spectrum and also both having interest on vendetta vs empire so they share lot of things in common (even so that Mathias is noble from mother's side and his father was a knight which is noble rank itself or was before arcane knights got disbanded, albeit this detail he keeps as most personal secret and thus nobody knows it unless someone somehow connects him to his father).

My characther however despite being figther he is more a scoundrel/rogue in skill set, so they may had hooked up in a bar initially but then hooked up on some personal vendetta mission (hating same empire officer and making guy's life miserable or framed for something or plain outright killed him if he was total ass). Plus connection to rebel force I say Mathias is more involved with them than Purity is (albeit Mathias has strong self-interests as well but it just happens rebels goals connect with his own dislike for Empire).

ShadowFox89

So, if there's an interest in it, I'd like to set up a discord group for the game. I currently can't access E on my phone and this would give a bit quicker back and forth for game stuff than just posting would.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lyku

I've never used Discord before.
- Friends? Family?
He has a mother, Amnestria, who is a warrior.  She was made pregnant during war and the aggressor was killed shortly after.  Though she does not outright show her hate for Romero, many of that tribe have viewed him and his half-blooded existence as a reminder of the war.  He left for an Order as a fresh start.  With the difference in the sense of time, it has been years since he had seen his mother.  There is much doubt that she knows he is gone or even cares.

Though his travels, he made one close ally who was actually a Half-Orc named Thrak who seemed to attempt to rebel against his Orcish nature and wanted to be better accepted by Human society.  During their time together, Thrak had decided he wanted to be mayor for some town and eventually, he "got into politics" as he exchanged votes for handling raiders on the town.  So for a short time, Thrak changed his name to Thrak-For-Mayor, and Romero assisted.  However, the experience was short lived once Thrak found that being mayor involved less smashing in the heads of bandits.  Thrak is good natured, but not necessarily the smartest of individuals.  They have since parted ways, but at least as friends.

Romero was of a paladin's order, but his view of the world brought him to leave the Order, guiding him to fulfill his Oath the way he sees fit.

Romero has witnessed some more extreme things and the world in some ways has desensitized him from many things.  Kinks are normal, but he is not necessarily the most sexually driven.

Romero has an actual fear of disappointing others.  His mother was an Elven Warrior and his father was a human who has since passed.  He was viewed as some black smear on her life, so he works hard to make sure that his life is worthy of this world.

Romero's tale is that of self-acceptance.  He can be aggressive and has a strong sense of right and wrong.  He had left the Order as he felt it was his responsibility to take a more active role into helping others.  He will encourage them to help themselves as well, but believes that words without action are empty as well.