Love and War: Bonds Born in Battle

Started by Insomnancer, January 25, 2017, 05:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insomnancer

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a roleplay centered on war and the relationships that can form in it. I'd love to explore the theme of love forged in conflict and quenched in blood, either between two combatants on the same side, unlikely allies forced to work together, or enemies who find some reason not to kill each other.

I want to focus equally on the thrill and risk and emotional weight of combat as well as the connection that can be created in it. That is to say, I want action as well as character development and interaction, not just exclusively focusing one one at the expense of the other. If this sounds like fun to you, please drop me a line!

Now, as for the nature of the relationship being played, I'm pretty open to any pairing. My preference would be for female x female or female x futa, but I'm open to the possibility of male x female or other options. I will say that if we were to do male x male I'd want the relationship to be one of brotherly love or mentor x apprentice instead of a sexual one. Also for male x male I think it'd be better to have our characters be allies or unlikely allies rather than enemies.

As far as settings go, I have a few ideas though I'm not opposed to suggestions if you have something you would like to explore. My favorites are as follows:

Warhammer 40K
I love this setting and I think it has a lot of room for interesting character dynamics. This is by far my primary interest when it comes to a setting and I could see a number of character combinations. I could come up with quite a few possible plots but it'd depend on who we're playing. Instead of listing them all in a x b format, I'll just list the ones that I'd be interested in playing as and playing with:

Space Marine
Sister of Battle
Imperial Guard
Chaos Cultist (google cultist-chan~)
Daemonette (especially the sexy futanari succubus kind!)
Eldar psyker of some sort (http://img12.deviantart.net/9453/i/2011/116/5/4/dark_eldar__shyntafae_by_beckjann-d3ew69u.jpg)
Tyranid hybrid (thinking attractive monster girl variety~ notsomuch horror freakshow variety! Here's a sample pic but it's got gore so consider yourself warned: http://i2.pixiv.net/img-original/img/2011/11/03/17/08/02/22815773_p0.jpg also another pic: http://gretamacedonio.deviantart.com/art/Gotred-the-Tyranid-561683853)

Exalted-esque High-Power Fantasy
I do also love medieval fantasy settings, and while grimdark, low-magic settings can be fun, I'd like to play in a high power, high stakes adventure! Imagine characters chosen by the gods to be their champions and leaders among mortals, granted amazing powers and strength in order to battle incredible and nefarious threats to the world. I've got a very detailed setting idea for this based on the roleplaying game Exalted though not tied to that particular setting, so knowledge of it isn't necessary in the slightest.

Here's the sorts of characters I could see employed, in whatever combination:

Solars (Champions of the Sun): Leaders, excellence, holy powers, light, warmth
Lunars (Champions of the Moon): Bodyguards to the Solars, the hunt, transformation, mercurial
Stellars (Champions of the Stars): Aides and advisors, fortune-telling, fate-bending, reality-twisting
Nulls (Champions of the Void): Celestial (Solar/Lunar/Stellar) Champions corrupted by the Void, powers twisted into dark versions of their former abilities
Terrestrials (Champions of the earth): Lesser Champions, elemental powers (fire, earth, water, wind)

Other Information
Posting speed: I'd like the posting rate to be about once every other day or so. Preferably once a day but some days I'm too tired to post and things come up and that's fine! At the absolute slowest though, once every three or four days- slower than that and I tend to lose interest.
Post length: I prefer multiple paragraph posts but as everyone says in regards to this, I understand that it varies depending on what's being written. Just know that I prefer and tend toward more detailed posts, and too many shorter, lower-effort posts can make me lose interest.
Disappearing: I'll let you know if something's up rather than just quitting on you and I'd appreciate if you did the same!
Discussing: I am a very firm believer in a roleplay being a collaborative effort. As such, I prefer to work with the other person to come up with something we'll both enjoy, though I've got plenty of ideas to suggest if you can't think of something!

Anyway, please drop me a line if you're interested! I'm woefully lacking in RPs right now and eager to get to playing~  :-)