Vampire: The Masquerade *game in creation*

Started by Aragem, January 10, 2009, 08:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Is there a World of Darkness game on E or somewhere on the net? 

I have been fascinated with the World of Darkness the Masquerade ever since playing The Masquerade Bloodlines PC game. 

I am very familiar with the game, but not exactly the mechanics of it as I am very unfamiliar with desktop games *D&D for example*.

HairyHeretic

You're looking for Vampire specifically then? World of Darkness comprises the shared universe of Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changeling and Hunter I believe.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aragem

Oh crud!  I forgot it held so much.

Vampire specifically.  I'm very much more familiar with them.

HairyHeretic

And just to mess you about further, you have Old WoD with Vampire the Masquerade and New WoD with Vampire the Requiem  ;)

Never played either outside of con games and scenario testing, but I believe there are changes in the rules, so someone more familiar should speak up if its an actual system game you want.

I had an idea for a Dresden Files ish game using the nWoD, but my group never really went for it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Aragem

Whoa. . . . I guess there is more to this world than I thought, but I am willing to take it up if given the chance.

I'll do some online research to see if there are differences between Masquerade and Requiem.

EDIT:

I took a quick glance and I'll definately have to say Masquerade.  Much more familiar with it.

RubySlippers

I would play in either I love the older game and the new one, if I can play a vampire.

HairyHeretic

Well, best of luck in finding someone to run it for you. I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with it to have a go. Plus I've probably too many games already  :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Aragem

Thanks, if you hear of anything or anyone running one, just let us know.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Vandren

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 10, 2009, 09:35:51 AMNever played either outside of con games and scenario testing, but I believe there are changes in the rules, so someone more familiar should speak up if its an actual system game you want.

Yep, major differences, largely in things like clans, bloodlines, etc.

Anyhoo . . . I could be roped into playing in an oWoD (M:tA, V:tM, W:tA, Mummy, maybe KotE).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Aragem

For me it would have to be Vampire:  The Masquerade as I am much more familiar with it.  I've done research on the various clanes and the factions. 

I already have a few characters in mind.

Elven Sex Goddess

I might be interested in developing and helping running a old world of darkness setting in the Vampire the Masquerade.   

Through a few questions.   Are you looking to play in the intrigue of the Camarilla,  or thinking perhaps more hack and slash in the realm of Sabbat.   

I have a hankering for a full blown cam game.   Recruiting, everything, from prince to seneschal to the clan primogens and such.  Set it in a city such as Chicago.   Get players to play sabbat and of course indepentants and anarchs in addition.    Setting up the power structure.   Working up the territories held.   What will be battled over.   The nuances of the game of gamemanship in elysium.   Have the conflict that is always present with sabbat and cam vamps.   With such scenarios as an old tcmize asking for asylum from the prince.  Of course the tczime and sabbat will be livid and will do anything to get at.  Yet also bring in the play of influence,  the elders hoard it, the young covet it.   The possibilities limitless, in the drama and intrigue this will create. 

Through leave it strictly a vampire game.  So none of the other game systems in the world of darkness.  No pc as hunters, demons, mages, garou or KoE.  Plus on such a scope it would need more then one person running it.   

Aragem

I was thinking more along the line of the Camarilla. 

And yes your thoughts are very much intriguing.  I just hope we can gather enough people willing and experienced enough to RP.

Me, I'm willing to study up on what I need to know, but I'll have to be taught of the mechanics of the game.  Like dice rolling, etc. 

I already have several characters in mind:  A Venture, Toreador, even a Nosfratru. 

And may I toss my hat in inbecoming the Prince of Chicago? 

RubySlippers

I'm game for playing in the Camarilla, I have played in the oWoD a great deal in the past.

Vandren

Sounds good.  I'd be up for a Brujah, Gangrel, Nossie, or Tremere.  A revamped version of my old Brujah or Tremere primogen could be fun again.  Possibly a Gangrel neonate/ancilla.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 11, 2009, 08:26:18 PM
Sounds good.  I'd be up for a Brujah, Gangrel, Nossie, or Tremere.  A revamped version of my old Brujah or Tremere primogen could be fun again.  Possibly a Gangrel neonate/ancilla.

That reminds, with mention of the Gangrel.   At what time frame,  before the Gangrel withdraw from the Cam or afterward.   

Aragem

It doesn't matter to me.  I don't have any characters in mind that are Gangrel. 

Vandren

Personally, I prefer the pre-massive world cluster#$%@.  For a couple reasons: 1) Gangrel in Cam, 2) Ravnos still around (second favorite clan; wiped out because the line editor "never really liked them"), 3) Assamites still have blood curse, 4) Cammie Malkies still have Dominate not Dementation, 5) Sabbat Tremere didn't suddenly go poof.

But, I'm adaptable.  :)

Aragem

I'm very flexible too.  I'll leave it up to the more experienced players to decide the details of the world since they know more than me.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 11, 2009, 08:46:30 PM
Personally, I prefer the pre-massive world cluster#$%@.  For a couple reasons: 1) Gangrel in Cam, 2) Ravnos still around (second favorite clan; wiped out because the line editor "never really liked them"), 3) Assamites still have blood curse, 4) Cammie Malkies still have Dominate not Dementation, 5) Sabbat Tremere didn't suddenly go poof.

But, I'm adaptable.  :)

I would whole heartily agree, since Ravnos is my favorite.  I think the first thing is to get the ranks filled out for a cam game.  With first the cam clans.

Alright we need the hierarchy for for the camarilla  within the city.  This should be taken on by players well versed in the world.  If your new to the world.   Not a good point to start.    Starting levels of Kindred in these positions should be  Elders of 7th to 8th generation, and 9th, 10th generations of the ancillae

Prince:

Seneschal:

Primogen

Toreador:
Ventrue:
Brujah :
Nosferatu:
Malkavian:
Tremere:
Gangrel:

Sheriff:

Scourge :

Keeper of Elysium:

Harpie:

For those trying the game for the first time. Or have limited knowledge and play.   Pick a clan and make a character.   So you can be presented before the prince by your primogen.   

Aragem

I'll get started right away.   ;D

I'm definately going to put together a Toreador and a Ventrue. 

Also going to look for character sheets that I can use as an example, but don't worry.  My characters will come directly from my head.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright, here is for those interested.  A handy character sheet to work up characters.

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~chadwell/vamp.html

Vandren

Ok, that's more massive and complete than the ones I've got floating on my harddrive.  :)

I'll work on dusting off and revamping a Brujah primogen tonight/tomorrow (working 12:00-8:00 PM, though).  Once things get going and I get a better feel for my time, I'll probably put together a Nossie or Tremere ancilla/neonate.

Elohim

Hmmm you have my interest...  would you mind me putting together a Lasombra Antitribu?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Seraph on January 11, 2009, 09:31:02 PM
Hmmm you have my interest...  would you mind me putting together a Lasombra Antitribu?

Sure.   

I also will say I am on my knees and I beg ZK to join in and help.  One of the best storytellers I worked with and played with back in the day. When we were newbies, with the world of darkness.  You be a big help.