Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (NC)

Started by Jaded, January 28, 2014, 11:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

Quote from: Robyn Hood on January 31, 2014, 11:57:39 PM
Well I was thinking a bounty hunter myself, but I don't have access to the book so I guess that means I'm out?

It might be difficult if you can't at least glance through the dice rules. 

Quote from: Strangefate on February 01, 2014, 01:05:15 AM
I've made a Human Colonist: Politico with some non-career skill points in medicine just for everyone else's reference.  I'll add to the char list once I finish up the pesky flavor details.

Sounds good. :-)

Quote from: FetzerDelRayne on February 01, 2014, 02:23:09 AM
I think I'm out.  Thanks so much for the consideration though.  I just get the feeling reading other system based forum stories, that they bog down too much, and forget story telling I wish this all the luck though.

Okay, thank you for letting me know.

Eclectic

Alright, I've managed to get my hands on a copy of the rules, it might take me an evening to really soak them in but forward progress is being made!

Flying Tengu

Kunoichi, I've got a technician character that worked for a crime lord.  Perhaps if your character worked for the crime lord, whether salaried or on a contract basis, the two could know each other.

Jaded, is it ok if I put my character up in the appropriate thread?

Teo Torriatte

Is it too late to get in on this? Was talking with Muse about playing someone associated with his character.

Muse

So, knowing the fun there is to be had in some of Jaded's games, i'm a little bit hesitant to play a guy, but the concept that's currently got my attention is that of a Trandoshan bounty hunter with one or two skilled twi'lek--or human?--slave girls. 

I know I got Luna interested in the concept. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Flying Tengu on February 04, 2014, 10:50:37 AM
Kunoichi, I've got a technician character that worked for a crime lord.  Perhaps if your character worked for the crime lord, whether salaried or on a contract basis, the two could know each other.

I'd certainly be fine with that. ^^

Edit: Although, now I'm tempted to see if I can play one of those Twi'lek slave girls that Muse mentioned... >>;

Muse

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 04, 2014, 01:15:21 PM
I'd certainly be fine with that. ^^

Edit: Although, now I'm tempted to see if I can play one of those Twi'lek slave girls that Muse mentioned... >>;

*Grins*  That would rawk, Kuno-chan. 

If you decide you'd like to we'll coordinate.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kunoichi

Yeah, I think I would. ^^; I'm actually working on a character sheet right now.  A Twi'lek Hired Gun/Marauder.  I'm thinking she could have originally been a rival to your Trandoshan, but instead wound up belonging to him after developing an addiction to spice.  Now, so long as he can help feed that addiction, she'd pretty much be willing to do anything he asks of her.

Jayna

I would love to do this I'll work on a sheet tonight.

Muse

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 04, 2014, 02:40:27 PM
Yeah, I think I would. ^^; I'm actually working on a character sheet right now.  A Twi'lek Hired Gun/Marauder.  I'm thinking she could have originally been a rival to your Trandoshan, but instead wound up belonging to him after developing an addiction to spice.  Now, so long as he can help feed that addiction, she'd pretty much be willing to do anything he asks of her.

*laughs*  That makes him just a tad bit meaner than I intended, but sure.  :)

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 04, 2014, 02:40:27 PM

I could rework Deli's background to where we were a crew of Twi'lek :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Quote from: Muse on February 04, 2014, 02:44:42 PM
*laughs*  That makes him just a tad bit meaner than I intended, but sure.  :)

Well, just because they were former rivals doesn't mean he has to treat her cruelly.  He could just go for the occasional jab about how far she's fallen, or something like that. ;)

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 04, 2014, 02:47:40 PM
I could rework Deli's background to where we were a crew of Twi'lek :P

Hmm...  Or, as an interesting potential alternative, our characters could be sisters. :P

Edit: Anyway, I've got to go get ready for work now.  I'll finish up my Twi'lek slave girl this evening. ^^

Jaded

Quote from: Eclectic on February 01, 2014, 08:01:40 PM
Alright, I've managed to get my hands on a copy of the rules, it might take me an evening to really soak them in but forward progress is being made!

Let me know. :-)

Quote from: Flying Tengu on February 04, 2014, 10:50:37 AM
Jaded, is it ok if I put my character up in the appropriate thread?

Yup, post away. :-)

Quote from: Luna on February 04, 2014, 12:53:42 PM
Is it too late to get in on this? Was talking with Muse about playing someone associated with his character.

You can still join if you like. :-)

Quote from: Jayna on February 04, 2014, 02:42:45 PM
I would love to do this I'll work on a sheet tonight.

Sounds good.  :-)

Helmut Todstern

Interested in joining, but is there an online reference document, or would I actually have to go and buy the corebook to play?

Kunoichi

You would have to go out and buy the core rulebook to play, unfortunately.

Helmut Todstern

Then I'm sad I can't join. Good luck with the roleplay though. :)

Kunoichi

By the way, I just completed the character sheet for that Twi'lek I was talking about making and uploaded it into the Character Sheet thread.  Jaded, given the level of interest people have shown thus far, I'm guessing you'd probably prefer if I only played one character? ^^;

Jaded

Quote from: Helmut Todstern on February 04, 2014, 10:27:03 PM
Interested in joining, but is there an online reference document, or would I actually have to go and buy the corebook to play?

Unfortunately I believe it is only available in a physical copy, and I don't know of a rules lite or intro version. 

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 04, 2014, 11:00:17 PM
By the way, I just completed the character sheet for that Twi'lek I was talking about making and uploaded it into the Character Sheet thread.  Jaded, given the level of interest people have shown thus far, I'm guessing you'd probably prefer if I only played one character? ^^;

I would prefer one character per player. ;)

Kunoichi

Thought so.  I'll play the Twi'lek, rather than the Droid, then. ^^; Though, given the amount of interested people you've had so far, I think there are almost enough people signed up to get two groups going...

greenknight

Quote from: Helmut Todstern on February 04, 2014, 10:56:33 PM
Then I'm sad I can't join. Good luck with the roleplay though. :)
FWIW, the Under a Black Sun mod here has the intro rules. No character generation, though.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150