DRoux

Player: DRoux
Name: Veronique Charbonneau
Orientation: Bi sub
Nationality: French

Allegiance: Pirate
Ship: Siren's Call
Rank/Occupation: Musician, "rigging rat."
Equipment: A flute, a flask of rum, and a fork and spoon. Old habits die hard, after all.
Weapons: Three flintlock pistols of varying size, going from what is essentially a musket with its stock and barrel shortened, down to a little pocket pistol that almost fits in her palm; a large dagger; and two boarding axes (please disregard the cutlass in the picture. Also, that dagger should ideally have a crossguard, be straight, and be two-edged. But now I'm getting nitpicky).

Description: In addition to the tattoos visible, she has a map of the Caribbean tattooed on her back, and a fleur-de-lis tattooed over her heart.

Personality: Intelligent and clever, Veronique has the rare luxury among pirates of having been well-educated. However, she isn't always well-liked, as she also has a tendency to spout off sarcastic comments at the slightest provocation. She says, when questioned about what she would do against superior odds, "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Biography: The daughter of a French government official helping a governor run a colony, Veronique became bored with her high-tone and well-to-do lifestyle during her early teenage years, and eventually stowed away aboard a sufficiently shady-looking ship when she was sixteen. Subsequently, she ended up in the nominally French-controlled port of Tortuga, off of Hispaniola, and struggled to find work. As a result, a lot of her "work" turned to avoiding drunken pirates looking for booty that wasn't glittering in a chest, and stealing from said drunk pirates when they went off chasing someone else. She was eventually brought onto her first pirate ship as a result of her ability to quickly scale rigging and board ships, and her flute-playing ability.

Anything else: She can play the flute, and usually sticks to eating with her utensils.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Saerrael

Lovely! Thank you. I've send it to the GM as I don't handle sheets, myself (I'm too strict). He's currently on a plane, and will have had quite a long flight, so you may have to wait for a day, maybe two, due to jetlag.

Flaming Dead Man

Jetlaaag.

I'm gonna be all sorts of messed up.

My mate's 19 hours ahead of me.  >>;  And I'm flying 20 hours back...
Wanderings (Updated 2013.08.21.)
(Check this forum for the posting list, as well.)

Partner Search Thread (Updated 2013.08.21.)

Healergirl

(stares at Veronique's picrture)

Oh dear.  Now why can't I find a pic for Mary?  Must search harder....

Love And Submission

Player:DTW
Name: Benedict "Big Ben" Hammersmith
Orientation: Bisexual (Psychical Dom)
Nationality: British ( East End , London)

Allegiance:Navy
Ship: You can leave this blank until we sort everyone into ships
Rank/Occupation: Midshipman
Equipment:None
Weapons: One flintlock pistol (For Emergency's only)

Description: At six four , Benedict is one of the tallest sailors in all the English navy. He's a savage looking man , well muscled and brutish. He is said to be able to lift an entire barrel of whiskey by himself and is generally his captain's first choice for helping move equipment around the ship. Benedict rarely smiles and not one for keeping up appearances despite the navy's strict clothing guidelines though that may be more to the difficultly of finding clothes for such a large figure in the Caribbean.

Personality: Despite his size , Ben Hammersmith is a relatively kind and gentle man. Especially when compared to the average person around him. Despite this , he is quick to fight but not out of hate or anger , he likes physical competition and finds it easier to start a fight then a game of a polo. The Muscular hammersmith isn't a man of romance but he has been known to get an urge or two like the rest of the people in the world and he has been known to pay begrudgingly for companionship when homesick. He holds no ill will against pirates in particular , they are merely his enemy due to his occupation.

Biography: Benedict "Big Ben" Hammersmith was born in London , England. His father was a butcher, and his mother was a maid. He had a simple childhood though his family was far from rich and survived mostly off his father's discarded stock. Perhaps it was a steady diet of pork and beef products that lead to Benedict Hammersmith's unusual size , even as a child he was frequently the tallest adolescent for miles around and a victim of unjust ridicule because of it. Despite this , Benedict grew up with a sunny disposition and a love of his country , that lead him to the life of a seaman. In the English Navy , For the first time in his life Benedict began to see his height and size as an asset instead of hindrance. He found moving cannons around and transporting the crew's nourishment much easier then his average compatriot yet actually fitting inside the ship was made incredibly difficult by his height though he grew to accept the challenge.

As a naval officer , Mister Hammersmith has found peace and serenity at sea except for when in actual combat which he has rarely found himself in. Yet each time he has found himself in such a situation he has acted proudly and spiritedly as his country expected of him. Perhaps out of misguided patriotism or hardheadedness , Benedict hammersmith has no particular qualms taking the life of another combat in battle. Those who deny the greatness of the British Empire , are to be dispatched with and to do so for the British Empire is the greatest honor a man could receive in Benedict's eyes at least.

Anything else:

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Occident

I'd like a go at being the Navy's Quartermaster. He would need to be of high birth for the time period, correct?

Nadir

That's right for the era. Love the avatar, by the way

Occident

Quote from: Eden on June 23, 2012, 08:09:33 AM
That's right for the era. Love the avatar, by the way
Thank you kindly. May I ask as to what year it is and if there are any mmajor changes in history for this?

Nadir

No year was chosen, just sometime between 1670s-1740s, when the pirates were at their strongest. I'm not sure if there were any changes to history though Fedora or Saerra can tell you better than I

Oneiros

As people have been saying, I just moved across the ocean and am rather jet lagged. I promise I'll look at characters and approve them later tonight and get things going! *flops down*

Healergirl

(Quickly decides that Fedora needs sleep.  Fixes mug of very warm Vanilla milk, hands it to him.  that should put him right out.

theoakenchilde

I'm incredibly interested in this, but I'm not about to go throwing an application/character sheet at you if you think you're full up.
If you're open to more, however, ...by all means, let me know!

ONs & OFFs; a little insight!
Current role-plays; enjoy the read!
What the Great Oak seeks; PM me, if interested!
Apologies & Absences; Great Oak, where have you gone?

Do not currently expect more than one post per day!

Oneiros

Always open for more. :) we can squeeze you onto the Dirty Secret if you really want a pirate, and perhaps make a plot line soon where the crew splits up onto two ships, oooooor, we have plenty of room in the navy!

bubby

Sssoo... Sir Madmartigan pointed me in this direction. I know the game's been going on for a minute, so I'm not sure what sort of chars you might still be looking for, and/or where I might be able to start?

Oneiros

Hi there bubby! We have particular need for people to join the navy, which I am going to get off my ass and organize tonight.

Mostly lower ranking jobs available for that, especially if you play a woman character (it's up to you though). However! There was also talk of possibly having a female pirate ship branch off, we almost had one, but we lost the main people in it when the game had barely started, and ergo, have the one ship now. I believe all the people RPing doctors have vanished as well. I was thinking of making a character of my own for the navy's doctor, but if you'd like that role, players get priority over me for roles like that, so it'd be yours. :)

bubby

I don't think I could pull off a doctor... I'm not very... nurturing..  ::) Nor can I follow orders well either... *coughunlesstiedupinthebedroomcough*

If you are willing/wanting I would LOVE to Captain a pirate ship of my own... I'm off to work for the night, but I'll check in when I get home to get your verdict!

Oneiros

... Honestly, you don't have to be nurturing to be a doctor in this time period. It mostly consists of going "...yep, that leg's coming off. Get my saw." ::)

But! If you're interested in perhaps swooning into port and stealing some of the crew off of Govad's ship, I think it'd be an interesting story. We did have someone interested in starting the female ship back up, and I had a character on it as well that fell by the wayside when it fell apart.

bubby

Quote from: Fedora on June 27, 2012, 05:08:42 PM
... Honestly, you don't have to be nurturing to be a doctor in this time period. It mostly consists of going "...yep, that leg's coming off. Get my saw." ::)

But! If you're interested in perhaps swooning into port and stealing some of the crew off of Govad's ship, I think it'd be an interesting story. We did have someone interested in starting the female ship back up, and I had a character on it as well that fell by the wayside when it fell apart.

*Chuckles* Now that's very true.

I'd LOVE to start a female ship again! Did you have someone already for Captain, or could I have that spot?

LunarSage

Quote from: bubby on June 27, 2012, 02:13:44 PM
Sssoo... Sir Madmartigan pointed me in this direction. I know the game's been going on for a minute, so I'm not sure what sort of chars you might still be looking for, and/or where I might be able to start?

You can play Lucius' slave girl!   >:)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

bubby

Quote from: LunarSage on June 28, 2012, 12:51:40 PM
You can play Lucius' slave girl!   >:)

*Snickers and chews on Lunar with a purr* ah now babes, you know I could -never- play a slave.... willingly...  >:)

Etah dna Evol

What is the period for this scenario?  Is 1750 way to late?

I want to play a Scottish noble who is called Cha Nel Maroo (Gaelic for: is not dead) and was buried alive at the Battle on Culloden Moor, who claws to the surface just in time to find the Highlands burning. Which causes him to become an intensely psychopathic pirate who fucking loves plundering the British. If 1750 is way to late I suppose I can fudge to information and make up a fictitious battle though.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Nadir

The time period is in the first post.

And feel free to fudge away! We don't care about historically accurate hooha. We just want to pillage our way across seven oceans! YARR!

Karasu

Ahoy there Lads and lasses. I be in the sort of mind to wonder if ye be recrutin anymore players.. yar XD

But seriously, got any free spots?
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

angelic traces

I would like to throw my feathered hat in for this one as well. I saw in an earlier post that you've lost a few people. What kind of characters would ye be looking fer?

Karasu

I went ahead and made a bit of a unique pirate.. and I can post him anytime if your looking for new players.. in fact.. I think I'll post him now XD

Player:Karasu
Name: Raavyn Selwyn
Nickname(s): Ray, Blood Garnet, "Oh my god it's the devil's spawn!" (As yelled by a naval man he once cut down for some reason or another)
Orientation: Tends to not be known by most, but he is in fact on the Bi side (He is in fact a sub, even if he doesn't act like it)
Nationality: Ireland, moved to england when the boy was 12

Allegiance: Most assuredly a Pirate, but he'd work for the navy if the money was good.
Ship:
Rank/Occupation:
Equipment: A carver's knife (not used ever as a weapon), Ship wright's tools, and quite a few sewing tools
Weapons: He rather fancies the rapier mostly, though generally give him any kind of sword and he'll say he's had training in it. He's a good swordsman, not a master by any means, but has the potential should the right teacher be found. Two Flint lock pistols can be found on his person as well though he hates using them.

Description: He's got a dancer's build, lean and toned and his hair is a deep red, the color of blood or garnets, leaning to give him the nickname of the Blood Garnet (for more than one reason) His clothing is usually made up of a white long sleeve shirt of puffy sleeves and thin fabric beneath a navy blue (that's the color) vest with longer tail in the back (seems to be custom made) and a red sash belt keeping up pants of olive green and boots of black with white trim. A couple of belts can be seen on his person, his hip belt holds his sword and his pistols along with his tools, but one across his back holds up a pack quite small that holds only a few bits he uses in his trade and the rest of his tools.
Personality: A bit on the carefree side, his demeanor often keeps others in happy spirits. He's serious enough when the time comes for true work or battle, but most times, even on the job you'll find him sometimes humming away like it was the easiest stuff in the world. In the bedroom he actually acts a tad different, using most of his particular dancing skills there to "entertain" and usually try to get what he wants from others. In battle he seems to act like the devil, cutting down enemies with little fear to his own safety, which seems to work on most superstitious gits (Hence why he often tells captains he serves under to just point him at the enemy and let him take care of it, a claim he's only failed twice before)

Biography: Born in Ireland about 23 years ago to a simple mana dn woman. They kept to themselves, but heard there was money to be had in England's ports and moved everything they had there when Raavyn was just 12. The boy's father was a great carver and shipwright, teaching his boy the same skill mostly so he coudl take over from his father. His mother on the other hand was a sweet singer and quite apt with the needle and thread and ususally served as a barmaid, entertaining sailors home from sea with her voice or sewing the lady's wonderful clothing. Mrs. Selwyn was quite known for her talents and her ability to make such wonderful patterns in the clothing rather quickly, by chance her son actually inherited this talent for sewing, though wisely didn't let his father see it.

But  for all the time Raavyn spent in the bar where his mother worked the boy listened to tales of the sea and pirates. He seemed to enjoy the tales and by 16 he had gone off to the sea, of course telling his parents that he was aboard a naval vessel "Serving the flag" and what not. Oh the boy could tell such wonderful tall tales.

And thus he's been ever since, though he had come to be known as the Blood Garnet, mostly for his hair which was a curious shade of deep red, the color of Blood Garnet and his rather joyus nature when a battle commences. (Honestly you'd think the boy got off on killing others with how he acts in battle)

Anything else:
Offical British bounty: 2,300 gold
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.