Exalted 2ed: The West [NC-H/E]: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS

Started by Blaze, April 15, 2009, 11:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krule

Hmm.. a changing moon illusionist would be a nitch not covered yet.. and on another note.. that looks like a perfect circle to me... and at least 3 of their lunar mates

Blaze

So the way things are looking will be having Solars and their Lunar-mates.
And here some people thought I'll have problems getting the group together.  ;D
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Rhapsody

Quote from: Blaze on April 18, 2009, 10:32:14 AM
So the way things are looking will be having Solars and their Lunar-mates.
And here some people thought I'll have problems getting the grope together.  ;D

I speak from experience when I say that we Lunars love to grope things. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Blaze

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 18, 2009, 10:39:53 AM
I speak from experience when I say that we Lunars love to grope things.

:P Sorry! I'm doing 7 things at once and I'm not paying much attention to spelling.  ::)

But it's interesting my experience shows the exact same thing  ;)

Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Paladin

So I Guess you don't need me playing then?

Blaze

Quote from: Paladin on April 18, 2009, 12:07:09 PM
So I Guess you don't need me playing then?
Why would you think so? I haven't turned anybody yet!
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Paladin

Good point. Umm I have a question for you. If I Take 3 or 4 dots in Mentor would that allow me to take a Hermit Dragon Imaculate to teach me the two weapon fighting? I had a good story. Maybe he just got tired of all the hunts and realized things arn't always what they seem.

HairyHeretic

I'm tempted to play an Abyssal, just to be different. If an Abyssal has a shadowlands / underworld manse, can they recover essence normally through the hearthstone they'd have whilst in creation?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Blaze

Quote from: Paladin on April 18, 2009, 12:45:38 PM
Good point. Umm I have a question for you. If I Take 3 or 4 dots in Mentor would that allow me to take a Hermit Dragon Imaculate to teach me the two weapon fighting? I had a good story. Maybe he just got tired of all the hunts and realized things arn't always what they seem.
If you take 4 dots in Mentor, you can take any style, short of the Sidereal ones. You don't have the prerequisites for them anyway, so it's not a big loss ;).

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 18, 2009, 01:04:10 PM
I'm tempted to play an Abyssal, just to be different. If an Abyssal has a shadowlands / underworld manse, can they recover essence normally through the hearthstone they'd have whilst in creation?
I guess you are going to mount the hearthstone on a soulsteel artefact?
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Blaze

Then it's fine by me  :-)
If you want to be different why not take a Dragon-Blooded (for them you get 50 bonus points)  ;)
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

HairyHeretic

I'm not as familiar with the Dragon Bloods rules, but I can have a glance over it and see if anything takes my fancy.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Krule

They can be interesting, and 50 extra bonus points can allow you to make him or her much more capable, on a broad level then we are.  A water aspect can be very useful in the west too.. but fire is the one who uses two short diakliaves with thier style.  The ability to freely combo all reflexive charms, without actually needing to buy them as combos is very nice too, it means they have the constaint effects of essence flow, for all of thier reflexives... but there a few things about them.

Outside of sorcery and martial arts, their charms don't have the power of the celestial exalted.  Their excellencies are limited to ability + specialty.  When practicing celestial martial arts, invoking the form charm requires a MA + Dex roll, now, they can use essence triumphant(2nd Excellency) for that to make sure of it.. but that's extra motes spent.. the water heartstone - Kata-Sculting Gem is a better choice to deal with such matters.  It costs more XP for them to advance their more mystical capabilities, meaning that in time, celestials will surpass them.

The Great Triangle

I'm totally up for abandoning my character and playing a dragon blood.   ;D

I even sort of know the dragon blood mechanics!
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Krule

That would lose us a Zenth to lead however *winks*

Elohim

50 bonus points is rather sexy...  *Grins*

The Great Triangle

*grins*  In my experience, the zeinth is actually the tip of the spear, rather than the leader.  That honor goes to the eclipse.  :-)  Although you can let the zeinth lead if you want to.  Just expect to be charging through the holes he makes in other people's destiny a lot.  *giggles*
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Krule

Actually... if you want roles... your right, the eclipse is actually the leader more then the zenith, though a zenith who wants to lead can do a lot better.  Zenth's actually tend to be the moral compass and heart of the circle more often then not.

And yes, 50 bonus points is rather sexy.

Rhapsody

Erk.  Dragon-Blooded with a Lunar who really doesn't like them.  That should be fun.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Blaze

Quote from: Krule on April 18, 2009, 02:37:44 PM
They can be interesting, and 50 extra bonus points can allow you to make him or her much more capable, on a broad level then we are.  A water aspect can be very useful in the west too.. but fire is the one who uses two short diakliaves with thier style.  The ability to freely combo all reflexive charms, without actually needing to buy them as combos is very nice too, it means they have the constaint effects of essence flow, for all of thier reflexives... but there a few things about them.
Sorry, guys, I had in mind 50 bonus XP, not BP - so you get 30 more XP than the rest of the group. It still more than covers the price for the extra charms required for initiation to Celestial-level martial arts. I find needing less Combos to be a sizeable bonus, too ;).

And you don't even need to be an Immaculate initiate, or a Dynast at all. There are secret societies that can teach you older initiation charms, and different Celestial styles altogether. Given the proximity of the Silver Prince, you can even be studying the Hungry Ghost... >:)
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 18, 2009, 02:54:41 PM
Erk.  Dragon-Blooded with a Lunar who really doesn't like them.  That should be fun.
I guess the same as an Abyssal with someone who wants the Silver Prince even more dead than now ;).

At least the Solar sorceress only hates the Cynis family, not DBs in general. An Outcaste would be fine, I guess.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Rhapsody

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 18, 2009, 02:58:34 PM
I guess the same as an Abyssal with someone who wants the Silver Prince even more dead than now ;).

Ahh, the Silver Prince.  Even as millennia-dead as he is, Desus is still pissing people off.

(I fall into the camp that believes the Prince is good old Swan's last life.)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Krule

Interesting idea, but I disagree, I don't see the Silver Prince as being manipulative enough.. besides, I think Desus actions, for all that they were often cruel, were more heroic then not.  I don't think the nature of the Silver Prince would suit him, any more then the Lover Clad in Tears fits with Bright Shattered Ice

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Krule on April 18, 2009, 03:09:09 PM
Interesting idea, but I disagree, I don't see the Silver Prince as being manipulative enough.. besides, I think Desus actions, for all that they were often cruel, were more heroic then not.  I don't think the nature of the Silver Prince would suit him, any more then the Lover Clad in Tears fits with Bright Shattered Ice
You mean the guy that is building a secret fleet and using the souls of his citizens to create artefacts, while leading said citizens to believe that they will get a higher rank after their death, is not manipulative enough ;D?

Now, whether he is the ghost of Desus, only the Neverborn, Blaze and several older magical beings in the setting might know. But he sounds like a good fit to me - and let's not discuss the nature of heroism ;)!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Voichin

QuoteAt least the Solar sorceress only hates the Cynis family, not DBs in general.
Mariula doesn't hate them, she has problems with them and sees no reason to cause them problem too, if it turns beneficial for her. But she is not causing herself trouble, just to see one of them suffer too.

For example, as far as her intimacy goes - she will be equally fine with kidnapping the kid, torturing out what he has to spill and 'discarding' him to the bard for further use and just putting her hand on a letter or diary in which he describes the exaltation in detail.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs