Interest Check: Custom Sci-Fi/Dark Fantasy/Steampunk Fusion Setting!

Started by Lunaris, September 02, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys

Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Krys on September 13, 2016, 01:30:23 PM
Even a bardic healer yeah.
I expect all my pets to be good healers! *throws around unrealistic demands*
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

Krys

Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Krys on September 13, 2016, 01:54:46 PM
You can expect a lot, but I'm not anyones pet.

*pouts at first, then thinks a bit and shrugs* well, I would not want a male anyway :-p
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

Krys

What gives you the idea that my char is make? I rarely do play males.
Disclaimer (WIP):

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Krys on September 13, 2016, 02:17:51 PM
What gives you the idea that my char is make? I rarely do play males.

Just attempting to guess from what was said and what I could look up ^^; Guess I did all everything aside of actually hitting the target

Krys

Well, all 2 chars I have on E are female. The char suggested for this game is female. 3 of my 4 currently played MW chars are female, with the 4rth neutral till puberty hits after which she will be female (special race shtick). The only male char I play at the moment is one of my 2 PnP chars, and that one is due to a GM that is a bit of a PITA, and having a male char avoids some trouble with him.
Disclaimer (WIP):

Lunaris

What... just happened here? The world would be a much better place if people didn't assume things about one another. =P

Anyways, I'm going to soon put up an OOC and character thread for this setting. I'm just...in the middle of deciding how I want to do things as far as placement since there's a variety of players with different interests and desires. Hrrm.

Krys

Wont happen again. I cleaned up my o/o s, the whole thing is PG13 now. While this is changing the idea of o/os to ad absurdum, it will hopefully leave no way to misinterprete it anymore. Without being considered a complete *meep*.
Disclaimer (WIP):

Saleen Shadows

Gah! I'm so sorry. I havent posted my character sheet yet. My job has been trying out different hours for me and I am doing this on my phone so it's being difficult as well. I promise to eventually have a character sheet up.  :-[

Krys

QuoteName: Aurelie du Vaux

Race: Fae (Pixie)

Faction: Faetecher

Classes: Songweaver / Field Medic

Height: 14"

Weight: <2 lbs

Eye Color: blue

Hair Color: blond

Skin Tone: light

Wing Style: ethereal

Background Information: own a small magical shop
Disclaimer (WIP):

Lunaris

@Krys: Hey there! Welcome aboard! I could certainly see Aurelie being useful in groups that need some support/healing in combat...or even just a good song to lighten spirits. I'll try to let sexytimes transpire in other threads so that you don't have to put up with a barrage of "unst, unst" in games you join (Well that and it'll be a good move in order to keep the main plot of the RPs going). I wasn't upset by what I saw, just confused. XD

@Saleen: It's all good! I understand. Life just gets hectic sometimes when work is involved. No pressure. =)

@All: The first of many plots has gone up! Feel free to check it out and sign up there, if you like!

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Lunaris on September 14, 2016, 01:59:55 AM
@All: The first of many plots has gone up! Feel free to check it out and sign up there, if you like!

So hard to decide if I should jump in right into it... issue is, this weekend I will go on vacation for 2 weeks with no clue if I will have internet at all and if, how much time I actually can spend.
Considering you split it, and include the story about how the team is assembled... maybe that could happen through PM's to accelerate things a bit on my end? So I will not hold the rest up.
Save

Lunaris

I wouldn't worry too much. First, we'll need enough characters to start it. Then we'll have to kick off the opening scenario which can go any number of ways depending on the group's makeup/reasons for being involved. Then there will be mission briefing and partying in the club if people want to. Chances are, you'll still be able to join in when you return. If not during the initial chapter then during the second.

I may have a second party in place that can swap members with active/inactive players along the journey. That way, folks that need time off or want to join in, may do so at intervals without the plot getting silly.

Saleen Shadows

Name: Inari

Race: Empusae

Faction: Kitsune Infiltrator

[]Classes:[/b] Protector/Berserker

Height: 5' 4"

Weight: 109 lbs

Eye Color: Forest green and Glacier blue

Hair Color: Deep Red {Fur is white}

Skin Tone: Pale,  yet sun kissed

Physical Description/Dress Style:
Warning large picture
Another large image
Last One

Inari is a young kitsune with deep red hair, and prefers to wear tight fitting clothes with the exception of her cloak. When she shifts, she is either one of many stages. Most often she keeps herself with her ears and tail showing signs of her red hair color fading into white. When she is fully shifted she resembles that of an arctic fox with glacier blue eyes. In her humanoid form however, she had one green eye and one glacier blue.

Background Information: Inari is one of the few Empusae without a last name, deeming herself not fit to have one. She was found as a young creature and taken to the orphanage since no parents were found. Little did she know,  her parents had actually been killed in a raid done by the Shapeless. Not creatures like her and others she has met, but the ones without control. She was raised to fight and keep her abilities under check. The only family she had ever known were a small group of younger Kitsune that she avidly protected.

When she got older, the orphanage had to release her to other training areas, since she was never adopted and too old to stay there. She left on her own, now alone in the world with the exception of her mentor, who is training her desperately to become an Infiltrator. She has quite a ways left to go as she readies herself to leave Mu.

Krys

Btw. her weight is a real rough estimate. I was going by the weight of similarly seized raven/crows.
Disclaimer (WIP):

Lunaris

With her being so light and small, I'd be worried about her getting ended in one-shot by any heavy hitter that lands a blow. She's really going to need to hang back whenever a fight starts.

Krys

Of course she has to. Also I assume being small will result in a significant malus to hit. And thirdly, being a fairly magical being, she'll be not THAT low on HP, as realism would dictate. After all in most RPs HP don't scale realistically for a reason.
Disclaimer (WIP):

Haruchai

-drops in from the sky-

Hello all! Please feel free to call me Haru! After talking with the illustrious Lunaris through PM, I have come up with what I hope proves to be a very nice character to play! Here he is!

Quote from: Haruchai on September 15, 2016, 12:31:49 PM

Name:
Scythas Relirium
Formerly Hjalmar Nuran

Race:
Distorted

Faction:
Guardian

Classes:
Primary: Dark Knight
Secondary: Monk

Height:
6’2” in assumed human form
7’1” in Guardian form

Weight:
195# in human form
350# in Guardian form

Eye Color:
Very dark in human form
Though ever shifting and changing, Sythas’ multiple eyes tend toward a yellow hue

Hair Color:
White in human form
None as Guardian

Skin Tone:
Reddish hue in human form
Dark chitin and gray skin in Guardian form

Physical Description/Dress Style:
In his former life as Hjalmar (Hal) Nuran, the man wore simple and loose-fitting clothing. This allowed for a depth of freedom in his movements, and he kept a shaven head and a neatly trimmed beard. His lifestyle was spent without much in the way of material things. As an Empusae his animal form reflected his martial arts style, and he took the form of a panther. Hard direct strikes with wide sweeping kicks and circular defense motions reflected his blending of hard and soft fighting styles. The augmented strength and speed and reflexes of the animal within complemented his style as well, and his heightened senses afforded him a center of balance that was unparalleled.

Now, however, as a Guardian and former Distorted, Scythas has changed immensely but still tries to hold onto his former life as much as he can. Though he no longer takes a human form as often, when he does he has taken a look far different than what he had in his former life. Appearing as a human male with red-hued skin and stark white hair, and dressed in dark leather armor, Scythas blends in well enough in this guise. However, his true form is harder to describe. Towering just slightly over seven feet in height, it is still shorter than his hybrid panther form had been in his prior life, but the sheer aura and presence of his Guardian form puts his prior to shame. Smooth gray skin, covered in a chitinous armor along his chest and back, accompany hands and feet tipped with razor sharp claws. Though this form is still humanoid, his head speaks to the truly alien influence he has been exposed to. A maw containing triple rows of teeth makes it almost impossible to even discern how he speaks, and a number of small eyes on each side of his head afford him a 360 degree view of his surroundings. In this form he has no outward genitalia and often goes without clothing. However, as a Dark Knight he rarely presents himself without his armor. This armor, black as it is, reminds Scythas of his duty and his past, and also acts as a bit of a containment suit, forcing him to retain either his human form or his humanoid Guardian form.

Background Information:
Hjalmar Nuran was a kind and fun-loving man, dedicated to the perfection of his mind and body through his art. An esoteric monk, he had reached the pinnacle of his art, becoming a teacher and influencing the lives of young practitioners, when he was subjugated to the alien energies. Putting himself after others, he made sure that his young students escaped the wave of energy that suffused the monastery, seeing them to safety before he himself took the brunt of the wave, feeling it crash into him, through him, inundating him with the strange alien... wrongness. Hjalmar was no more and he lost control of himself. In truth he was not sure how long he was Distorted. Time was meaningless. Yet no matter how much he had outwardly changed, a kernel of whom he once was survived, and his single-minded dedication to his art, and to his skill, was preserved. Over time he was able to quell and control himself once more, and took another name, making for himself a new future. No longer was he Hjalmar, he was Scythas. Harnessing his new powers much as he had done in his old life, this new Guardian learned how to fight, how to subjugate and annihilate those that were beyond redemption. The armor he wears marks him as The Black, and when that name is spoken and his presence felt, it is met with a mixture of fear and awe. Known as one of the most kind-hearted of the Guardians, The Black travels the Lands, and strikes down the wicked and the perverse, doing his best to become a champion of the people. 

He's your friendly neighborhood Guardian!.... or something!

I'd really like to talk to everyone and get to know people so that we can make a wonderful story together! Please feel free to engage me here, or through PM. My Inbox is always open!

Lunaris

I'm illustrious? D'aww. Thanks! =D

Welcome aboard officially, Haruchai!

Please feel free to do a small post in the Mechanist plot thread if you're interested in being a part of that particular story. I want to get a head count of how many I should expect over there.

Haruchai

-ahem- Of course you are! You deserve a cookie too!

Thank you very much!

I think I will refrain from that story for the moment. I'm not sure it quite fits my style.

Lunaris

No problem. Once that one's going, I will start up other stories as well. I already have plots stirring in my head for Loreseekers and for Guardians.

Haruchai

Very cool! I'm patient so there's no need at all to rush for anything! I hope some more folks come along to talk to. I really want to meet everyone!

Saleen Shadows

Hello Mr. Harchai! I am Saleen,  and I play a Kitsune named Inari! Good to meet you!