News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Virtually Irresistible Real Life Lounge (OOC)

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 27, 2012, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarena

Oh KingBear, I may be one of the few that understand your love for duct tape.  I am quite fond of the little vixen myself.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

KingBear

*gives Sarena a roll of duct tape* We can share her. She is awesome enough for both of us. *smiles and nods*
Ons and Offs/Honey and Bees
Meet Bear! He is awesome!
These are current and past RPs I'm in.
I can be your play thing, I can be the best bed mate you've ever had.
I can be loving and sweet, I can be cruel and distant.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!

Remiel

Quote from: Trieste on November 08, 2012, 08:45:53 PM
Speaking of - wonder if Remiel and JM have planned their honeymoon yet? ;D

Not yet, but I can say pretty confidently that when we do, it's going to be extremely geeky. 

Trieste

Quote from: Remiel on November 08, 2012, 08:55:57 PM
Not yet, but I can say pretty confidently that when we do, it's going to be extremely geeky. 

Surprise him with Hack in the Box. I have it on good authority he wants to go.

This post is three pages in Word and I don't know where else I can pare it down. Come on, muse.

Peripherie

Ugh, thats the hardest part Trie!

As my AP English teacher used to say, "Be pithy! Pith all over the page."
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Sarena

Quote from: KingBear on November 08, 2012, 08:50:03 PM
*gives Sarena a roll of duct tape* We can share her. She is awesome enough for both of us. *smiles and nods*

*fondles roll and grins* Why thank you. *winks*
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Trieste

Quote from: Peripherie on November 08, 2012, 09:01:31 PM
Ugh, thats the hardest part Trie!

As my AP English teacher used to say, "Be pithy! Pith all over the page."

Trying so hard!

Kythia

Adjectives.  Get rid of every single adjective.  If its still too long lose the adverbs.

Teo Torriatte

Thats funny, a friend was actually talking to me today about what he calls 'adverbitis', where people have a tendency to describe an action, then describe something about the description... and then looking back at my writing, I realize I do that all the time, heh.

Kythia

Teo Torriatte

Hmm... like, say- "A man walks into a bar." Basic action. Then- "A man walks slowly into a bar." Describing the action.

"A man walks into a bar, slowly, because he has had one too many, having been thinking about the loss of his girlfriend." Way too many levels of description, at least according to what my friend was telling me.

And then, of course instead of using the adverb at all, you could just have written, "A man saunters into a bar." Or something... I still didn't totally get it, but I think that was what he was trying to tell me.  :-)

Kythia

Ah, I get you.  Hmmm, wonder if I do that *checks*

One thing I do do is get myself distracted and go off on massive tangents about only barely related things.  As I said to Trieste the other day I choose to believe its adorable, but I've no doubt it makes my writing quite hard to follow.  I guess thats the same thing only taken to an extreme.

Teo Torriatte

Aww I would go with adorable, as well.  :-)

But yeah, I'm quite sure I do that, as well. One of the reasons it takes me forever and a day to post, sometimes.

Kythia

It's not having a word count that does it.  At uni I could ruthlessly cut out all of these meandering diversions to get it down to within the word count.  If noones limiting me though I can babble on for thousands of words about whatever happens to cross my mind.

Teo Torriatte

Another thing I tend to do is use the same word multiple times in one post, to the point of redundant redundancy. My favorite words or phrases to abuse seem to be 'just', 'as well', and 'herself'. Sometimes I have to go through and find other ways to word what I was trying to say, and other times I can just cut out one of those words or phrases, and the post makes just as much sense without it.

*looks up at her reply*

See what I mean?  :P

Trieste

* Trieste dusts off hands, sits back and puts up her feet.

Teo Torriatte

Ooh and with a new avi, as well. Love it, Trie!

Trieste

Mr Bigglesworth

Trieste

James Moriarty

Quote from: Remiel on November 08, 2012, 08:55:57 PM

+1

James Moriarty

Quote from: Trieste on November 08, 2012, 08:57:17 PM
Surprise him with Hack in the Box. I have it on good authority he wants to go.

+infinity, and my goodness, the grapevine is like, wow

Trieste

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

KingBear

Very nice post Trie. And Sarena.. You let me know if you ever want to find out more uses for that duct tape. *smiles and winks*
Ons and Offs/Honey and Bees
Meet Bear! He is awesome!
These are current and past RPs I'm in.
I can be your play thing, I can be the best bed mate you've ever had.
I can be loving and sweet, I can be cruel and distant.
I can be yours or not.
A/A Hibernation time!