Waxing Rhapsodic [UN] - Volunteers and Buyers welcome! Come browse our Gallery!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, February 22, 2010, 02:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Walking down the busy street of New York you notice a crowd gathered at the entrance of a gallery. Ugh! As if it weren't crowded enough in the city! Freaking tourists just never know when to move do they? The smallest thing of interest catches their eye...but many times it really is quite interesting...What could it be now? Another Salvador Dali exhibition with his utterly abstract and downright psychotic works of art? Or maybe Louviere and Vanessa with their 'fine photography' as all works are seemingly dubbed these days? Psh modern art..."modern art" was more like it and this one couldn't be any different, could it?

Curiosity overcomes you and you find yourself drawn to the display window along with the rest of the crowd. Pushing your way to the front
disappointment is clearly seen in the features of your reflection. As expected, nothing more than yet another 'photographer' making it big. Same old typical shots of landscape, nature, along with of course the photoshopped versions that land under the 'abstract' category. Big deal. But why is there a sign on the corner of the display stating this exhibit was strictly for people eighteen years or older? What, the demented flower can't be seen by innocent children's eyes because then the parents have to explain that no, flowers do not actually grow in such a twisted way?

As the doors open you find yourself filing in along with the rest, pushed at first and then willingly walking along as something pulls at you, stringing you along. The walls are lined with both color as well as black, white, and all the shades in between. Nothing out of the ordinary...until you realize there's yet another gallery hidden in the back. Why you would have almost missed the entrance altogether if someone hadn't walked in right before you!

Stepping inside your jaw positively drops as a black and white photo with color splotches confront your eyes. Was that? No, it couldn't be...it just couldn't be! But it is. The gallery of Esoteric Myobi is more than it seems. It exhibits photographs consisting of the most modern of arts, portraying the most beautiful topics hand in hand with the most taboo of subjects. Sensuous and dark, yet thrilling all the same. Ranging from the innocent calm of romance to the paths most never dare to venture.

Huh, no wonder there was a crowd! These walls, unlike their cousins outside, are filled with differing visages of both men and women alike, some sprawled out and posing luxuriously while others are bound.

Just as you have completed your circuit of the gallery and are about to head out, a sign catches your eye:

Searching for new subjects.
If anyone is interested in being a model for Esoteric Myobi's future works, please apply at the desk.
Thank you for your patronage!

Hmm what was this? Searching for new subjects? As...a model? The thought flits through your mind as you entertain ideas of become world renowned, your visage displayed in countries you've never even been to. Not quite sure what's waiting in store for you but not wanting to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity either, you sidle over to the receptionist's desk located snugly in its own little corner of the gallery. At the moment, the desk seems vacant and you start to feel uneasy...is this the right place? A tiny bell sits on a corner of the neatly organized desk and you decide you might as well ring it and see what happens...

Welcome to Waxing Rhapsodic! (Title dubbed by the lovely aymelekT)

If that little tidbit caught your interest then this may be the game for you. A laid back game of sorts...inspired due to quite a bit of tomfoolery taking place in the SB, this is a game that revolves around art (photography specifically) and a finding of oneself.

This game is plain and simple, nothing fancy, nothing that would require too much thinking since it is a game that can be categorized as...well...a stress reliever! Here the 'characters' can either be an original character that you decided to create for this particular game, or it can just be your e-self. Whatever you are most comfortable with, go with that, we only want fun here which means plenty of comfort and understanding from all players.

As for posting time...I say take your time! Once a week is good enough for me, and if you can manage to kick out more than that...great! Being a rather slow poster myself (though this one probably won't take me nearly as long) I won't nag others on the same issue. Though if you have disappeared for a month already then a PM shall be sent your way. We're all people, we've all got lives, muses are emotional little creatures and tend to go haywire, along with dealing with life. Hey, no biggie.

When it comes to post length, I don't think there will be too many lengthy ones for this game (but don't take this as me saying 'No huge posts allowed!') but I would like to see at least a good paragraph or two...or three...-cough-...Alright, let's just say...enough to let the other player have something to work with, however many that may be. =) Follow the golden rule, keeps life simple.

Oh and, since I forgot to mention this, being a free-for-all game there are no restrictions for sexuality and whatnot. Relationships, pairings, etc, they can and hopefully will happen as the game progresses (as long as we have enough people of course). After all, this is a game of exploration, experimentation, and just delving into places that you never dared to venture into before!

As for dom/sub/etc...don't think that just because the photographer is the one taking the shots she doesn't like to be subdued and become a subject herself. ;) Players can choose whether they'd like to be a participant (volunteer of course), a part of the staff, or a buyer of the galleries' works. If there are any participants who feel that they truly fell in love with this line of work after their session, well...welcome to the staff! Though if the staff is currently full, then you character can be a fill-in (coming in once in a while when needed). Or, if a volunteer just loved being in the spotlight, come again after your session is done! Or if a player wants to try being a volunteer from a whole other viewpoint, well make a new character and pop back in...we don't bite~

As for buyers, well galleries don't make money just from the people who come in and browse! No! Galleries need prospective buyers who are interested enough to purchase a few works. Anyone who would like to be a buyer can choose specific photos to buy. This can mean picking out a certain pose/expression that they would like to see or even picking out a specific model that they like. Once their order has been filled, the staff will organize a photo session to carry out the order. Buyers can stay and observe the shoot, or they can just pick up the finished product later. If buyers find themselves completely immersed in the work...why who knows? Perhaps they end up becoming a subject in their own photo?

Also, this game can and may involve several players so we may have newcomers from time to time (meaning new volunteers...perhaps some staff leaving, new staff coming in, etc etc.) Since volunteers may not stay around after their session, you are free to leave or if you found this to be just too addictive, well come back again or make another character!

The game begins at the Photo Gallery and here is where all volunteers will enter and get their very first taste of Myobi's outlook of 'art'. Signing up as a subject or buyers filling out a purchase form also takes place here and after you have been all signed in then your characters can proceed to the Studio. For subjects who would rather try an outdoor session, please choose from the list of locations that we offer and inform the receptionist. Any subjects who are currently waiting their turn for their appointment, relax and live life in the city recreation thread.

Here is a character sheet: (All character sheets should be posted here and I will move them to the OOC Thread later on.)

Name: (Your own e-name, or if you just have an urge to create a character for the game that's fine)
Staff/Volunteer/Buyer:
Do you expect to switch sides?: Y/N (Meaning Staff -> Volunteer -> Buyer -> Staff...etc. Basically just changing from a current position to another.)
Description: (Physical appearance)
Personality:
Other: (Whatever little extra tidbit you'd like to add that isn't covered in the previous categories)

Current Players:

Staff - Esoteric Myobi, Kunoichi, Ryuka Tana, Remiel
Volunteers - Angel Fire, Lady Kitsune, Cassiopeia, Saerra, Aether, Azrael, aymelekT

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Well, count me as interested. ^^ I certainly hope that this roleplay gets off the ground, since it seems like it could be quite entertaining...

Lady Lunarius

Hmm, perhaps, I have to get my others started up first then we'll see. It looks fun though ^_^
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Aether

It may indeed be something that can be worked upon, and I may indeed take a part or be subject to such a beautiful expression of art ^.~

Saerrael

I would be interested in this. However, I need some time to contemplate it (like I do on just about anything *grumbles*)
Count me as 'interested, but pondering the depths of <something>'

Esoteric Myobi

Thanks for all the interest guys. ^^ I know that there's one person who informed me of her interest via PM so...that brings us up to a grand total of five at the moment.

Hm...it looks like Aether is the only male so far~

Hopefully we will be able to grab more interest? =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Aether

Surely there are those out there that relish the idea of loosing control for a certain gain.

Can I get a witness?

Kunoichi

Sure. ^^ I'd be willing to witness plenty. ;)

Here's hoping this turns out to be really fun and long-lasting.

Edit: Also, I might know someone who would enjoy being a photo subject...

Esoteric Myobi

Hehe, well obviously I would not be a very good witness seeing as how I'm the one proposing it in the first place...but I'm sure you know you have my vote there~

Kuno: Ooh~ Well hoping to see a new photo subject then x3!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

In like Flint!  Sorry it took me so long so express interest, and I think I know a certain someone else who's interested ... and we may or may not be cooking a little something up ... <.< 

Planning thus far to be a subject though :)

Esoteric Myobi

Great, well with Cassi this brings us up to six, though hopefully eight if the two other players are brought in. =)

Let's see...

So far subjects would be: Cassi, aymelekT, Aether

And the staff is: Kuno

Undecided: Lady L, Saerra

I know a few players have not put their hat in the ring 100% yet, but still assuming just to see. ^^; Also assuming who what's to be what so correct me if I'm wrong.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

I am not undecided.  I am decided.  PM's have clarified a level of involvement available to me that do not involve pain.  I would be a subject to the artistic abilities of the gallery heads.

^.^

Esoteric Myobi

Ah, my greatest apologies Aether. I wasn't sure where to put it since your post on the thread had leaned in both directions, and I didn't want to take liberties. =)

-Has modified her last post-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

*notes that she wouldn't mind being a subject as well as being staff, which could be particularly-fitting given the roleplaying she plans to do*

Esoteric Myobi

Well, as I noted in the beginning post, you can always be a staff and end up as a subject (For example...while waiting for volunteers, the photographer has been hit by a bolt of inspiration and just needs a subject on hand...aka the staff.)

Or vice versa, a volunteer who is done with her latest session decides s/he loved it so much she'd like to be a part of the staff...or at least get a feel for the 'work' by helping out for a day.

Etc.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Yeah, I had the first idea in mind.

Let's see...  I'm thinking a goofy, adorable ninja assistant girl, with glasses and maybe a slight penchant for being clumsy...

Esoteric Myobi

-sighs with exasperation as yet another candle falls, spilling wax all over the floor-

And...is this a knot I see in my rope?!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

I-I'm so sorry, ma'am!  I'll clean it up immediat-whoah!

*trips and falls, spilling the mop's bucket all over herself and the floor*

Esoteric Myobi

I think staffs should all have at least one clumsy person ;) You're hired~

Hmm, should we make character sheets? We'll be playing ourselves but a character sheet would give more info.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Well, we don't exactly need character sheets, but they certainly could be fun to fill out. ^^ Plus they might help some people put the finishing touches on a few things...

Esoteric Myobi

Yup, such as personality and whatnot...so we get a feel of who's who. After all, not all of us are so chummy (though I'm hoping that with the help of this game we will be afterwards.)

Name: (Your own e-name, or if you just have an urge to create a character for the game that's fine)
Staff/Volunteer:
Do you expect to switch sides?: Y/N (Meaning Staff -> Volunteer and vice versa)
Description: (Physical appearance)
Personality:

Hmm...does anything else need to be added...?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Hmm...  Nothing that immeadiately comes to mind, no...

Maybe an 'Other' section in case anybody has anything to add that isn't covered by the other five categories?

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Awesome. ;D

I've got to go check on a neighbor's dogs now, but I'll get started on a character sheet as soon as I get back. ^^

Lady Kitsune

Okay, I was trying not to add more games but I just can't resist the temptation of fun. 

If there's room. I'm in.
I am working on it, I swear!