Roxanne of Brown Tables

Started by ready4roleplay, June 03, 2017, 12:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ready4roleplay

Since this idea is pretty different from the types of stories on my regular thread, I decided to make a new one. 

If the thread caught your eye, perhaps it reminded you of the story "Anne of Green Gables."  If so, good eye!  That's precisely where I stole this idea from.

Only there will be several differences here.  In the original story, an elderly brother-sister pair send off to adopt a young orphan boy to help out with chores/around the farm.  Only they are stuck with a young girl.

In THIS story, instead of a brother-sister pair, there will be a husband-wife pair.  Instead of a farm, they own a carpentry/wood-working shop.  Instead of being elderly, they would be in their late thirties, early forties.  Their intended goal would be to adopt a 16 year old boy with the intent of teaching him their craft (and also sending him to college when the time comes) so he can assist the adult male with their business (both the building and finances areas).  Instead, they end up with a girl of 17.   This girl is elated to be adopted (all she'd ever wanted was a family).  And to be adopted a week before her 18th birthday (when kids are normally kicked out of the foster care system) is a dream come true for her.   In her eyes, this family was fated to be!  In the eyes of the couple, it is a dreaded un-fixable mistake.  Or is it? 

I would be writing the roles of the new parents.   I'm looking for a person to write the role of the daughter. 

Please PM me if you are interested in this plot and let me know your ideas or things you would like to include/not include in the story.