Interest check and recruitment- Fairytales reborn- On Hiatus

Started by LamentingQuill, July 27, 2015, 01:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Bekah's Rapunzel holder is up, I'll post up an OOC once we get a few more males, we're a little short handed in that area and that never bodes well for keeping an rp alive.

Bekah Boo

How many males do we have? I might know a few people who might be interested.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Bekah Boo on August 22, 2015, 07:07:58 PM
How many males do we have? I might know a few people who might be interested.

Two. Interested parties should also remember, they have to be heroes if they don't want, they can be the classic fairy villains if they wanted to, like Jafar or Captain Hook or The Big Bad Wolf, any of them. The options are endless with the multitude of heroes and villains either in hiding from the sorcerer... or helping him...

Capone

Ironically, another group game I've joined has an over-abundance of males.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Capone on August 22, 2015, 07:18:32 PM
Ironically, another group game I've joined has an over-abundance of males.

You are indeed right, my dear Capone, that is indeed ironic ^.^

Bekah Boo

Heh that always seems to be quite a bothersome thing to deal with.
Worst comes to worst I could play a male as well, if it is needed.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Strange times make for strange bedfellows alliances.

There are undoubtedly a number of things the Sorceror wasn't counting on when he gave out his ultimatum, but there's only one thing that matters to Cutter Winston at this point, one thought he's awakened with every day since coming to this strange, new land.

The Big Bad Wolf bows to no one.

+1 male

/howl, mic drop, peace out.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Julles

Hey... I'm just checking in. I am still here. Still interested in playing Red. Life's just been beating me up lately. :/

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Julles on August 24, 2015, 12:12:28 PM
Hey... I'm just checking in. I am still here. Still interested in playing Red. Life's just been beating me up lately. :/

Oh my teeth and claws. Someone's playing Red? I hadn't realized.

I do hope life smooths out for you soon, then.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Julles

Oh, snacks. I can change my charrie choice if you want. I swear my blonde hair doesn't define me! Lol.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Julles on August 24, 2015, 04:16:10 PM
Oh, snacks. I can change my charrie choice if you want. I swear my blonde hair doesn't define me! Lol.

What? No! Why would I want that? By all means, bring the Red! My earlier post was a "Yay!" post, though I guess it wasn't totally apparent. I hadn't realized anyone was playing Red but I'm QUITE happy with the idea.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Julles

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Julles on August 24, 2015, 12:12:28 PM

Send me in a profile to approve :)

Don't worry about changing characters. Carnival is playing the wolf, you are welcome to play Red Riding Hood.

Julles

JamesSureWould

hello all.
This seems like a very fun game, one that I am all for. Not quite sure who I'll play just yet, but that gives me an excuse to drive into old fairy tales!

LamentingQuill

Quote from: JamesSureWould on August 24, 2015, 10:47:36 PM
hello all.
This seems like a very fun game, one that I am all for. Not quite sure who I'll play just yet, but that gives me an excuse to drive into old fairy tales!

Anything. From original Grimm Brothers to Disney movies, if it's a fairy tale, go for it.

NightLux

Hello!  I was pointed to this thread and all I can say is I would love to join.  Would the character of the Pied Piper work?  I thought that it could go several ways to work him in since he's not traditionally thought of in the fairy tales (his own story far more of a morality tale than most others).  My first thought is that his ability to manipulate the mind is something he can do without the flute and it works on everyone.  He can't use it to cause people to permanent harm themselves, but he can even charm the sorcerer to at least leave him alone.  Because of this, he was strictly neutral in the first conflict.  And he immediately knew who he was in the second he reincarnated.  Instead of trying to gain power, he went the other route, watching as others began to realize who they were, but also establishing a neutral ground - a bar, of course (in this idea, think of him as the Blood King/Trip from Lost Girl).  I really like that take, but I have more if you'd allow - like Trip, I also thought maybe he somehow sets the "rules" for the new generation to keep the public from noticing them, etc.  After all, his role in the story was all about justice and following agreements, even if it was brutal.

PM me and we can discuss further.  I'm really excited!
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Julles

"It's a different world,

nobody's the same anymore..."

~Scarlet

Julles

Oh! Hello James and Night! :D :D :D :D :D Welcome!

AliceInLace

18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

Bekah Boo

Hello :3
I'm quite excited to see this played out, I even drew a few doodles in anticipation ha.

Capone

Still have a keen interest here as well. Been curious how Much will interact with the rest of the cast.

Bekah Boo

Hmm well Robin Hood is technically good, if not just a bit mischievous at times ha.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: NightLux on August 25, 2015, 07:43:09 AM
Hello!  I was pointed to this thread and all I can say is I would love to join.  Would the character of the Pied Piper work?  I thought that it could go several ways to work him in since he's not traditionally thought of in the fairy tales (his own story far more of a morality tale than most others).  My first thought is that his ability to manipulate the mind is something he can do without the flute and it works on everyone.  He can't use it to cause people to permanent harm themselves, but he can even charm the sorcerer to at least leave him alone.  Because of this, he was strictly neutral in the first conflict.  And he immediately knew who he was in the second he reincarnated.  Instead of trying to gain power, he went the other route, watching as others began to realize who they were, but also establishing a neutral ground - a bar, of course (in this idea, think of him as the Blood King/Trip from Lost Girl).  I really like that take, but I have more if you'd allow - like Trip, I also thought maybe he somehow sets the "rules" for the new generation to keep the public from noticing them, etc.  After all, his role in the story was all about justice and following agreements, even if it was brutal.

PM me and we can discuss further.  I'm really excited!

Toss me a PM and we'll make something happen for you :)

LamentingQuill

Warning folks of possible slowness in my work, I've been having trouble with my ulcers again. I will be going to the doctor over it again now that I have my health insurance back, it's likely given how long I've had them and the damage done to my stomach, I may be needing surgery within the year, that's what was being said the last time I was at the doctor over it, so surgery MIGHT be coming sooner than I think. We'll see what happens with that.

Anyway, I will get to peoples place holders, an OOC and character thread as soon as I can.