Airships and Antiquities: Game Thread - Crew Wins

Started by Trieste, October 20, 2012, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

And so the rest of the crew seized ThatRPGuy by the arms and took him over the side. A search of his berth afterwards turned up a round robin and a suspiciously large hat that marked him as a Mutineer.

Please note that The Last Standing has been removed from the game for inactivity. I've updated the numbers to reflect this.

Players

• Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • Sarena
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Valerian
  • Moirae

Roles (For an outline of what the roles mean, please see this post)

• Crew Members - 5/6
  • Mutineers - 2/3
  • Chirurgeon
  • Greenhorn

Trieste

The next morning, it was Valerian who was missing from the ship. A search of her belongings showed up nothing that a crew member should not have.

Who will pay for Valerian's disappearance?

Please note that this voting round will end 48 hours from this post.

Players

• Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • Sarena
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Moirae

Roles (For an outline of what the roles mean, please see this post)

• Crew Members - 4/5
  • Mutineers - 2/3
  • Chirurgeon
  • Greenhorn

Ryven

"Kazyth shall pay for his misdeeds," Ryven said whilst eying the others.

Mithlomwen

Agreeing with Ryven, Mith tossed in her vote for Kazyth as well. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Kazyth

"Me?  Me!?  What the heck did I ever do to any of you?  I've done my best to just do my job and keep this ship running, a task that's been made ever more difficult as people keep throwing other people overboard.  And if that's suspicious, what about Sarena?  For being the new Captain, she hasn't done much of anything to protect anyone, has she?"
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Remiel

"It seems to me that ThatRPGuy and Sarena always voted in tandem," said Remiel.  "If you ask me, she's more dangerous than Kaz."

Teo Torriatte

Shit was getting real, really quickly... Luna knew they had to be closing in on the mutineers, but she was determined to make her father proud and not go down without a fight. She eyes each of them suspiciously, but she is the most curious about Ryven.

Sarena

Sarena glared at Kazeth, shaking her head.  "How quickly they turn against you when the stinky brown stuff hits the rotating oscillatory device!"

She looked pointedly at Ryven and Mith, certain neither would come to her aid against these accusations.  Muttering under her breath as she walked away, "I knew I should have turned this contraption around the second trouble started happening."
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Ryven

"Hmm...now that you mention it, I think you might be onto something, Remiel.  I change my vote to Sarena"

Trieste

Ryven - 1
Kazyth - 2
Sarena - 3

Yet to vote:
Starlequin, Niferbelle, Moirae

Niferbelle

With the loss of Valerian Niferbelle knew it was nothing more than a crapshoot now and the odds didn't seem to be in her favor. It was irritating, more than anything, that she had signed up with such a messed up outfit that seemed likely to get her killed.

"I say we need to keep an eye on Kazyth," she said flatly though he was not the only one she held suspicions about.

Starlequin

Steps had seen enough on this damned ship, he wasnt surprised by anything anymore. He once again pointed out his suspicions against Kazyth, hopefully for the last time.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

desert ashes

Deeply she frowned, graciously sipping from her flask -- very graciously as she was almost cast overboard to an unfortunate demise -- and shook her head at some of the crew.  "I no longer think Kazyth is guilty -- at least... at least, not of what we're looking for.  Dangerous sort, shure, but murderous?  A mutineer?  That belongs to Sarena.  She, James, and That ..." A hand half waved, half gestured toward the ship's rail, "One that we just thossed over.  She's part of them.  Whalk the plank, m-m-missy."  All right, so it came out a little slurred, but the vote was clear enough.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Trieste

Kazyth - 4
Sarena - 4
Ryven - 1

Last call for votes.

Kazyth

Kazyth grumbles to himself for a little while, watching everyone else and knowing that Sarena was the captain, so a tie between her and him meant certain death.  Might as well make the last vote count if he's going down in flames.  "You know what?  I actually find it suspicious how quick Ryven was to point a finger at me, even though his actions have been far more sinsister seeming than my own.  If I die, take a good long hard look at him regardless."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Sarena

Sarena's eyes moved from one face to another of the remaining crew.  Half of them were convinces she was a mutineer, and there was nothing she could do to change their minds.  Problem was, she wasn't convinced that her own accusations were thrown in the right direction.  She looked at Kazyth and sighed.  There was absolutely nothing about him that made him suspicious to her.  He'd always worked so hard to keep things in working order and she couldn't blame him for suspecting her when half the others did too, could she? 

Her eyes fell on Ryven and Sarena nodded, "Yer awfully buddy buddy in that kitchen with ThatRPGuy, friend."
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Remiel

"Y'know what?" said Remiel, switching suddenly to a Colonialist drawl.  "I reckon that maybe it weren't Sarena that done it, after alls.  I reckon that maybe it were Ryven.   Whattdya think, Captain?"

Sarena

A slow smile spread across her lips, "I say, I think we've found our man.  May he be the last of the scoundrels, lest the rest of us be findin' ourselves falling to the same fate."

Starlequin

LeQuin looked up from his tool kit at the sudden swing, his blood runnin' colder'n the north winds. So that's how it was, eh? Well, then. If'n that's how they wanted to play it, he could gamble with'em. He raised his wrench and aimed at their so-called trusty Capt'n, a grim smile on his lips. 'Oughta known I was wrong to throw in with Sarena. But this time she won't get away with it.'
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Niferbelle

"I still don't feel quite right about Kazyth," Niferbelle began, uncharacteristically second-guessing herself. "But I'm beginning to think Sarena is our problem now."

Ryven

"Well then...it appears Valerian's suspicions were right about you then, Remiel.  I know where your allegiances lie now, and I know who the guilty parties are now.  Thank you for clearing that up," he said with a slowly spreading grin across his face.

Mithlomwen

Mith listened to the rest of  her crew mates, watching the back and forth between them all.  It was when Niferbelle voiced her suspicion of Sarena, that Mith felt unease creep into her bones. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Trieste

... 'k, it's not the 48-hour mark but from the PM chatter I gather everyone's pretty firm in their votes.  8-)

With the tossing of Sarena, a Mutineer, overboard, the crew decided they had had enough. Their Captain was against them, so who else was?

Original Roles
Crew members - Starlequin, Cyrano Johnson, Mithlomwen, SunshineSparkle, Lord Mayerling, Niferbelle, Kendra, Valerian, Moirae, The Last Standing, Mr Bigglesworth

Simulacrum - Saffron

Detective - That Girl Analise

Chemist - Falanor (used his ability to topple Saffron on night 6)

Chirurgeon - Ryven (used his power to save Mr Bigglesworth on Night 2)

Crew member turned by pirate  - ThatRPGuy (turned on either Night 1 or Night 2)

Pirate - Beguile's Mistress

Greenhorn - Kazyth

Mutineers - JamesMoriarty, Luna, Sarena, Remiel

Congratulations to the crew. :)