Murder-less Meat- Lab Proteins

Started by Beauty Rapax, May 19, 2011, 04:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakharra

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 08, 2011, 07:38:39 PM
Or we could change the meat we eat. If my Big Book of Useless Information is to be believed, kangaroos produce six times the amount of methane than cows do...if we all switch to eating kangaroo-burgers, it'll be great for the environment.

Uuuuuhh..  Isn't methane supposed to be bad? The number of kangaroos needed to replace cattle would mean, by what you say, there'd be even more methane being released in the atmosphere.

Zakharra

Quote from: Noelle on June 08, 2011, 05:07:26 PM
Omnivores treat vegetarian fare as if you have to sign your soul away to be able to consume it. This isn't the body of Christ for which you need to be baptized and confirmed, people, these are fruits, vegetables, grains, and dairy if you're not vegan. You're missing exactly one food group for the duration of a meal, nobody's forcing you to eat it all the time. Hell, you might even like it!

Unfortunately I know enough anti-meat jackasses that want me to stop eating all meat because it's 'bad for you and cruel to the animnals'  Makes me want to go out and shoot one of the goats for dinner just to piss that person off. >_<   

I do not eat meat all the time. Usually I only eat it at dinner.  However too many vegetarians want to stop alal meat from being eaten. That's why I mnght have over-reacted in some of my statements.

Oniya

Quote from: Zakharra on June 09, 2011, 01:19:05 AM

Uuuuuhh..  Isn't methane supposed to be bad? The number of kangaroos needed to replace cattle would mean, by what you say, there'd be even more methane being released in the atmosphere.

Actually, I think he means to eat up the higher methane-producers first, not breed extra ones.  I also suspect a touch of humor in the suggestion.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lithos

Also, we are all forgetting about the fish here. With right planning, the fisheries around the big oceans could be used far more efficiently than they are right now. Same goes for smaller creatures that are nommy well prepared and contain ton of protein such as Krill (ever wonder how blue whale got to be biggest animal in the world while eating one of the smallest?). Just bringing this up as I love seafood :p

Also, this does not really touch city folk, but I do love both fishing and hunting, and food tastes all that much better when you killed it yourself. If I had to dump what I catch away without eating it, what would be the point?
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Zakharra

Quote from: Oniya on June 09, 2011, 01:50:24 AM
Actually, I think he means to eat up the higher methane-producers first, not breed extra ones.  I also suspect a touch of humor in the suggestion.

Heh.  Probably true, but when we start  using a animal for a meat source, we make sure there's lots of them. And that there will be more for later comsumption.

TheGlyphstone

Well, we can always switch back to cows after the kangaroos are gone. :D

But yeah, it was more for humor than a serious suggestion (plus a way to prove that book wrong and make one of its facts relatively useful)