News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Teenagers With Attitude [Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, June 27, 2016, 02:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 28, 2016, 01:11:49 PM
Blagh! Looks like there are 3 women total already. I'll go ahead and take out my interest.

There are two women with approved profiles, myself and another I got via PM. So I still have one more spot open. Even so, I'll put my character aside if someone else wants to play Ares. So, submit a character first before withdrawing!
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Aida Rose

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Mathim

Quote from: MissFire on June 28, 2016, 01:08:47 PM
Mathim, he looks alright but I'm concerned about how he'll hang with the other characters socially if he's going to be a loner. The game will be big on their bond together. Also, who does he live with now? Did they pay for him to go to ABU? Lastly, while there will be magic in the game, there's not going to be any done by the PC's. At least not in the "my character practiced black magic and can do spells now" sense.

I was thinking this could be the catalyst for him to start letting people into his circle of trust. He may not exactly be like, "Okay, we're super besties now!" right away, but he'll fight alongside them for what's right, and he'll definitely want to be around them even outside of costume in order to get to know them better because that will be better for the team dynamic if they get along well both on and off the battlefield, you know? Because after knowing what it's like to lose those precious to him, he would never shirk the responsibility to do something about saving others from that fate if the power is in his hands.

And I hadn't decided on his living situation, he'll either be in the dorms (possibly with a roommate) or an apartment off of but near campus, but ultimately I'll go with whatever works better for the plot. And while he's interested in magic, it's fine if he won't get to use it, but his esoteric knowledge of it might help find weaknesses in certain kinds so they can fight more effectively against magic and magic users. Does that make sense?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Foxy DeVille

And heeeere's Poseidon...

Name: Marina Cruz
Sex: Female
Orientation: Pansexual, although she doesn't want to admit it yet
Olympian: Poseidon
Color: Blue

History: Marina's parents are originally from Cuba. They fled their homeland to escape Castro's regime and settled in Miami where her father started a successful charter boat company and her mother became a schoolteacher. Marina, their only child, was born a few years later. Staunch anti-communists, the Cruzes raised their daughter in a conservative Catholic household. From her father Marina got a love of the water and she inherited a great deal of book smarts from her mother. She skipped a grade in school as well as lettering in swimming and water polo. The last couple summers she worked as a lifeguard so she could save money for college but her academic and athletic accomplishments got her enough scholarships to cover her tuition to ABU.

While her parents weren't fond of their daughter moving across the country, they knew ABU was the best choice. It has an excellent physical therapy program, which is what Marina intends to major in. The school is ranked in aquatic sports so Marina can excel athletically as well. The Cruzes think the values they taught her daughter will keep her out of trouble but she is already feeling temptation. A photographer has taken notice of Marina's lush figure and has talked her into posing for some bikini pictures. Knowing she looks older than she is has Marina thinking about getting a fake ID.

Personality: Marina is a lot like the ocean, a mix of calm seas and raging storms. She takes her Catholic upbringing very seriously and wants to make her parents proud. But she finds herself filled with desires. While she is still a virgin she has discovered she loves showing off her hot body. Marina is also curious about college parties as her parents never let her near alcohol. Marina tries to be a nice person but she has a temper on her. She finds being called Mexican very annoying as she is proud of her Cuban heritage.

Armor: The Poseidon armor is a full metal suit mainly in blue and silver. It is shaped in a way that clearly shows the wearer is female. There are parts that are scalloped to give the armor a sort of seashell motif. It is armed with a large stylized trident that looks like it means business. 

Abilities:
+Superb conditioning and limb strength from swimming
+Fluent in Spanish, working knowledge of Portuguese
+Certified in CPR and first aid
-Untrained in combat
-Naive and somewhat judgmental thanks to her strict upbringing
-Has quite the Latina temper

Other:
Additional Image
Theme Song
On's and Off's

Mathim

Ooh, she'll definitely get Damien to come out of his shell... >:)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TheGlyphstone

Name: Estaban Rafael Rodríguez III
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Olympian: Aphrodite, Goddess of Love and Beauty
Color: Pink

History: It's generally said that if King Midas needed to take out a loan, he'd make an appointment with the banking house of Rodríguez, Buchanan, and Sons; while that might be an exaggeration, it'd be difficult to find someone willing to bet against it. For certain, RB&S was one of the unquestioned powerhouses of the financial world, having built its roots in Europe before crossing to invest in the United States as well. This was Esteban's legacy, and his eventual inheritance, in the finance empire built by his father and grandfather before him. But it was also incredibly boring, at least to an adventurous and extremely energetic young man, and he intended to make the most of all the time he had before taking over the family business for good.

Estaban didn't look twice at any of the conventional 'elite' schools - no Yale or Harvard for him, where he'd spend his days drinking fine scotch in smoke-filled rooms and joining secret societies of up-and-coming leaders. No, he wanted to spend his college years partying hard, drinking heavily, and loving generously, and this led him to the (relatively) quiet campus of ABU. He could take a basic business curriculum and as long as he didn't outright flunk, his future would be secure without any need for a prestigious name on the degree. He'd be a big fish in a little pond, while remaining out of sight of the gossip-monger fringe who even knew he existed.

Personality: Everything about Esteban is slightly larger than life. He doesn't flaunt his wealth obnoxiously, but it's an undeniable presence in his tailored clothing, tasteful jewelry, and resplendent rented seaside ranch house he lives in off-campus, and he dabbles in all manner of fine-arts hobbies from painting (fairly talented) to poetry (...has potential) while providing the school chorus with a magnificent singing voice. He's friendly and jovial in general, but primarily interested in sampling Arcadia Bay's wide variety of attractive women - luckily for him, his wit and charisma, sexy Spanish accent, and extremely generous trust fund provide ample opportunities for one-night stands and short flings. So far, at least, he's succeeded in letting each of his paramours down gently without breaking hearts or egos beyond repair, and even more carefully avoided any unexpected bundles of joy in his wake.

Armor: On the up-side, the armor of Aphrodite is a sturdy and well-crafted set of armor. Its primary feature is the molded breastplate styled after a Greek Hoplite's armor, complete with crested helmet, short skirt, and armored greaves. On the down-side, it and the form-fitting spandex suit underneath are violently pink, and the breastplate features prominently molded nipples in the classical Greek fashion. Rather than the spear-and-shield combination of historical hoplites, though, the armor features a pair combo of a high-tensile whip and a double-bladed short sword in the offhand.

Abilities:
+Decent athlete
+Silver tongue
+Extremely wealthy
-Vain about his appearance
-Reckless

Other:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1snt5BFXs1rp3ztlo3_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mej0boQYZL1r04kzfo1_400.jpg

Mathim

I like how diverse this crowd is shaping up to be!

Ace Flyer

Tossing my hat into the ring for this one. The main problem will be settling what type of character to make...Pity there's no Zeus, though, as you have his brothers in there.

As I debate between Hera and Artemis, were you planning on the "sixth" Olympian being a bit outside the box, as they tend to be with the Power Rangers? Or are they just in it right away, part of the team, nothing really standing them out from the rest?

Mathim

Quote from: Ace Flyer on June 29, 2016, 09:13:03 AM
Tossing my hat into the ring for this one. The main problem will be settling what type of character to make...Pity there's no Zeus, though, as you have his brothers in there.

As I debate between Hera and Artemis, were you planning on the "sixth" Olympian being a bit outside the box, as they tend to be with the Power Rangers? Or are they just in it right away, part of the team, nothing really standing them out from the rest?

You mean like how the Green Ranger came in later in the game after the other five were already pretty established? That's a good question, actually. Plus that one started out evil...that could actually shape up to be rather interesting as a story element if that might be an option.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Mathim on June 29, 2016, 11:42:52 AM
You mean like how the Green Ranger came in later in the game after the other five were already pretty established? That's a good question, actually. Plus that one started out evil...that could actually shape up to be rather interesting as a story element if that might be an option.

Aye, the original Green Ranger is an example. But there are plenty of other examples where a sixth just came in later without being evil as well. The Phantom Ranger for Turbo, the Gold Ranger for Zeo (at least, I don't recall him being evil), the Silver Ranger from Space (Psycho form doesn't count), and so on.

MissFire

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2016, 04:14:51 PM
I was thinking this could be the catalyst for him to start letting people into his circle of trust. He may not exactly be like, "Okay, we're super besties now!" right away, but he'll fight alongside them for what's right, and he'll definitely want to be around them even outside of costume in order to get to know them better because that will be better for the team dynamic if they get along well both on and off the battlefield, you know? Because after knowing what it's like to lose those precious to him, he would never shirk the responsibility to do something about saving others from that fate if the power is in his hands.

And I hadn't decided on his living situation, he'll either be in the dorms (possibly with a roommate) or an apartment off of but near campus, but ultimately I'll go with whatever works better for the plot. And while he's interested in magic, it's fine if he won't get to use it, but his esoteric knowledge of it might help find weaknesses in certain kinds so they can fight more effectively against magic and magic users. Does that make sense?

I'd like the characters to know each other before the game starts and have a few established relationships. Not like boyfriend/girlfriend status of course, but at least in the sense of "I know this person and we talk sometimes" or "I know him, he's in my [blank] class". So the group is at least familiar with each other. Everyone doesn't have to know everyone, but at least two of the other members.

As far as his living situation, I meant more like who raised him. Grandparents? Uncle? Where did he live before he went to college?

I'm not sure knowledge of magic would help, really. Maybe if he'd studied Greek and Roman mythology, though.

TheGlyphstone, I approve Aphrodite!

FoxyOni, I was just browsing wikipedia and thought maybe you'd want to add a net to your character's arsenal. It would make her like a retiarius gladiator, plus it makes thematic sense too. What do you think?

Quote from: Ace Flyer on June 29, 2016, 09:13:03 AM

I never said there wasn't a Zeus.  ;)

The sixth ranger is mostly to keep things even, character-wise. I can't have someone join later or they'd spend a ton of time just waiting around. If they were in the game but couldn't do the combat stuff that would be boring too. If they were evil, that might cause problems with the story. I'd rather GM the evil characters myself.
    - Sima Yi

Ace Flyer

Quote from: MissFire on June 29, 2016, 12:41:00 PM

The sixth ranger is mostly to keep things even, character-wise. I can't have someone join later or they'd spend a ton of time just waiting around. If they were in the game but couldn't do the combat stuff that would be boring too. If they were evil, that might cause problems with the story. I'd rather GM the evil characters myself.

Awww.... *makes graspy hands* I wanna be the Zeus Ranger... :P

Heheh, don't mind my Classics nerdiness. So, because I'm lazy, what's the current split on characters? Still unsure if I'm going to go Artemis or Hera (leaning towards Artemis, I like green and archery...though, Hera could be a fun challenge), but I'm undecided also if I'll make a male or female character.

...Err, do you mind Lords playing female characters? Suppose I should ask that first too ^^; If you do, that solves that question and I'll make a male.

MissFire

So far we have Ares, Poseidon, and Artemis. All female. We also have Aphrodite, male, and someone working on Hades, male.

I don't mind if male players play female characters.
    - Sima Yi

Foxy DeVille

FoxyOni, I was just browsing wikipedia and thought maybe you'd want to add a net to your character's arsenal. It would make her like a retiarius gladiator, plus it makes thematic sense too. What do you think?

No, I spit upon your reasonable suggestion!

Seriously, that's a cool idea. Maybe her armor contains a net-launcher. One idea I had was that since Poseidon is god of earthquakes as well as the ocean that her trident generates vibrations.

Mathim

I'd like the characters to know each other before the game starts and have a few established relationships. Not like boyfriend/girlfriend status of course, but at least in the sense of "I know this person and we talk sometimes" or "I know him, he's in my [blank] class". So the group is at least familiar with each other. Everyone doesn't have to know everyone, but at least two of the other members.

As far as his living situation, I meant more like who raised him. Grandparents? Uncle? Where did he live before he went to college?

I'm not sure knowledge of magic would help, really. Maybe if he'd studied Greek and Roman mythology, though.

TheGlyphstone, I approve Aphrodite!

Oh! In that case, I can work with that. If there's a sort of club or study group or something of the sort that he might have made a promise to his foster parents that he would join just to set their minds at ease, that can work. And he didn't have any other family, just a foster family that while it cared for him, no longer has any obligation since he's over 18. Or maybe he works a job in the same place as one or more of the others while going to school? I'm certainly open to suggestions. Possibly there is at least one class they all have together? Something where he can't avoid them and does have to ask questions or opinions or do group work together.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: MissFire on June 29, 2016, 01:01:33 PM
So far we have Ares, Poseidon, and Artemis. All female. We also have Aphrodite, male, and someone working on Hades, male.

I don't mind if male players play female characters.

Ah! I missed the Artemis then. In that case...

Heheh, a male Hera? Oh, this will be amusing...Gonna have to do some research to figure out a good way to frame the character, so I'll try and have a tentative character sheet posted in a day or so.

...I'm snickering so much right now at two of the three goddesses for women being championed by male characters. :P

Aida Rose

Quote from: Ace Flyer on June 29, 2016, 01:08:52 PM
Ah! I missed the Artemis then. In that case...

Yeessss, I took her  >:)

Because other people are doing it:

Name: Judah
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual
Olympian: Artemis
Color: Green

History: Judah's mom is a magician. She makes money disappear under beautiful lies. The biggest source of tension stems from the fact that Judah knows she's not an idiot and her mother is full of bullshit. When Judah calls her a charlatan, her mother laughs. "I'm better," she says. "I'm a fairy godmother." It didn't always used to be like this. Once upon a time, it all seemed like harmless fun to Judah and her mother never seemed to take it too far. She told fortunes downtown and never said anything too wild. Tea leaves, tarot cards, the whole nine yards. Just another harmless tourist trap, until her mother took it too far. She grew some ambition, began to call herself a profoundly gifted psychic. When the people kept coming and a publishing house called for a book deal, she became convinced that some of it must've at least been true. In reality, her mother's only gift was her exceptional charisma.

They moved to a better part of town with a better school, but it didn't sit right with Judah. She couldn't help but think of her father. Before he passed away, her father separated from her mother, disapproving of even the seemingly innocent white lies of the early days. He knew then what Judah knew now: there's no such thing as an innocent lie. It would only keep escalating and sooner or later, her mother's misguided audience would get hurt. She began to ween herself off what she saw as dirty money. No more gymnastics lessons. No more expensive trips, if she could help it. When it came time to choose her college, she refused her mother's offer to help and went to ABU, the school that offered the best financial aid for her. She's interested in Pre-Med and going hard for a research assistant position.

Personality: Judah's a little serious and very bullheaded when she gets an idea in her head. She believes there's a truth and it's her job to find it. This might be because she often feels starved for it, given her upbringing. She doesn't take failure well, especially moral failings on her part. Which can be tricky, given her rigid view of morality. She can be a little hypocritical, though. While she won't get a fake ID, she doesn't turn her nose up at booze offered from someone with one. She tends to get along with people, probably because she has her mother's empathy and comforting presence.

Armor: Her armor is simple and shaded in deep browns and greens. It's a high-tec full body suit, sleek and designed more so with maneuverability in mind than protection, the base of which is shaped similar to this armored dress. It, however, does not end in a skirt. While both shoulders are similarly protected, only the arm she uses to draw the bow is reinforced by a gauntlet.

Abilites:
+ Agile (former gymnast)
+ Good Bedside Manner
+ Photographic Reflexes
-  Stubborn and Contentious
-  No practical knowledge (can't cook, clean, etc)
- Brutally Honest

Other: Anything else you might want to include; character notes, more images, a theme, your On's and Off's, etc.

Ons & Offs

More Images

Mathim

Man, all these different awesome armor styles are very intriguing! We might accidentally inspire another TV show on the Fox network, LOL.

MissFire

- Sima Yi

TheGlyphstone

Mathim

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 29, 2016, 06:23:11 PM
What if it's on HBO instead? ;D

Oh, now THAT would be interesting. A satirical-yet-serious Mahou Shoujo style, after-dark series with the chosen late-teen/twenty-somethings in risque garb and fighting devious yet also perverted monsters...I bet they could pull it off (but only them, with their track record). Hell, even just as a movie, this would be a great idea.

Aida Rose

Ace Flyer

Aida Rose

Not what I watch. The adult stuff seems to at least be trying to be serious.