News:

Main Menu

I seen it...

Started by Duchess, September 19, 2009, 10:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess

It amaze me how much lack of ambition some teenage mothers in our island community show. It clearly shows that, yes they became pregnant and the world has ended. The world has not ended, it is hard to adapt to the new world you will have to face but it didn’t end. Settling down with a guy and hardly search to better you further is out of question. Who can assure you that in the next two years you will still be with that same person? Even worst the next week self it can happen.

Taking care of a child in this world already is not easy for an adult imagine for a youngster, who doesn’t have the experience beside school, friends and freedom. It’s not hard to learn how to grow as a parent but helping your child grows as a decent adult is the hardest thing ever. Showing him what is right and wrong is not that simple, they copy mostly everything they see you do and when we realize the mistake, we get angry at them and ask; where you get that behavior from?

But what angers me the most that they seem happy...lets say content with just being around a man and not looking for a more comfortable future for them and the child. if you are 16 now in the next 20 years I can assure you, that you will regret not staying in school or at least do something to have ,that most valued paper in your hand. The simple paper or dumb diploma can assure your child a better chance at a brighter future. As a youngster you think an adult tells you these things to nag in your head but experience and the truth will soon knock at your door.

When that time reach it’s too late, well not really because you can still do something but the more you wait the harder fighting for your ambition gets. The more stones, rocks or boulders you find in your road. Having a child at young age doesn’t mean you can’t make it. It simply tests how much you really want it. Nothing is assured in life. Don’t take anybody for granted. Help your self and set the example for that little person that needs you the most.