Blood on the Clocktower - A Social Deduction Game of Lies and Fuckery

Started by Praxis, October 02, 2023, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasWarren

Hatless

Quote from: TexasWarren on December 22, 2023, 05:13:12 PMI'm in. Not really a clue but I'm in.
Hello TexasWarren. Always happy to see more people that want to give Clocktower a try.

Right now, we've already started Season 4, so there isn't an opportunity to get you into the game as a normal role. What we can do, however, is add you as a Traveler, which is a special kind of role with slightly different rules that are meant for players that are joining a game late or planning to leave early.

If that sounds like something you would be interested in, let me know and I'll get you added to the game at the next available opening. We're still probably a few RL days away from wrapping up Day 1, and then we could have you roll into town once we've moved on to Day 2.

TexasWarren

What is the time frame until Season 5? If it's short (2-3 weeks IRL) I can wait. If longer I'm game to TRAVEL through your world and cause Mayhem. Or not. 

Hatless

Quote from: TexasWarren on December 22, 2023, 05:44:45 PMWhat is the time frame until Season 5? If it's short (2-3 weeks IRL) I can wait. If longer I'm game to TRAVEL through your world and cause Mayhem. Or not.
2-3 weeks is right at the length of the three games we've had so far. Season 2 clocked in at 22 days I believe and Season 3 ended in 13.

Season 4 is the first time we've had more than 8 players, so I can't really say with any certainty whether it will stick to the pattern. 2 extra players should add at least one extra game day that the other games didn't have, and a day in the game can last 2-5 days depending on how bloodthirsty everyone is feeling. If you'd like to wait though, you're more than welcome to follow along and even chat with folks in the OOC.

TexasWarren

You know your game better than I do. Which option would ADD to the experience and, be FUN and NOT cause the Story Teller extra work? 

Sure please send me the OOC link and any others I need. And thank you.

Hatless

I'm always going to advocate for the option that adds more players to the game. More players = more fun. The worst thing that someone joining as a Traveler is going to do is have me explain to the group how Travelers work, since if you joined, you would be our first.

The link to our board is here: Blood on the Clocktower. We recently added a small guide to the rules and how we've adapted them to run here on Elliquiy, but there's also a video in the same thread. They can both help you get a basic understanding of how to play.

A Painter

Hatless

Quote from: A Painter on January 04, 2024, 04:35:59 PMOh man this looks hilarious and intriguing.
Hey there. So, we're in the middle of Day 2 of Season 4. It's been a doozy. We're on our 4th nomination, one person was gunned down, and an attempt was made at a second murder.

Normal roles can't be added mid-game, but I can offer you the same thing I offered to TexasWarren: I can give you a Traveler role and we can insert you into the game once Day 2 wraps up. Let me know if that sounds interesting to you.

TexasWarren

A Painter

Quote from: Hatless on January 04, 2024, 05:13:16 PMHey there. So, we're in the middle of Day 2 of Season 4. It's been a doozy. We're on our 4th nomination, one person was gunned down, and an attempt was made at a second murder.

Normal roles can't be added mid-game, but I can offer you the same thing I offered to TexasWarren: I can give you a Traveler role and we can insert you into the game once Day 2 wraps up. Let me know if that sounds interesting to you.
Whew. As intrigued as I am, I am also on the fence as my new year already feels overwhelming. I might lurk a little first while waiting for things to calm down. 

Random

Lurk all you like! Whenever you're ready, we'd be happy to have you!

TexasWarren

Quote from: Random on January 09, 2024, 07:43:39 AMLurk all you like! Whenever you're ready, we'd be happy to have you!

Hey...you sharing that popcorn compartment?

Well, sharing is caring.

Random

Quote from: TexasWarren on January 09, 2024, 08:41:16 AMHey...you sharing that popcorn compartment?

Well, sharing is caring.

Aw, don't be jealous, Cowboy. There's plenty of popcorn for everyone! ;)

If you, too, would like to stick your hand in my popcorn compartment, be sure to sign up for the next season!

@Praxis Am I PR'ing right?

Praxis

Quote from: A Painter on January 08, 2024, 11:04:07 PMWhew. As intrigued as I am, I am also on the fence as my new year already feels overwhelming. I might lurk a little first while waiting for things to calm down.

Thanks for showing interest!

It's a game that's pretty easy to keep an arm's reach if that is what you need.

Conversely...if you want to wade in and get messy.  There's scads of opportunity for that too.

Lurking is fine BUT...really the best way to start learning is to just take a breath and jump in.  There's lots of nice people that will help you out.

There's also lots of lying liars that will look like they're helping you but really they're just putting you on the short list for the seasonal demon to eat you.

Welcome to late stage capitalism...

Ket

Quote from: Praxis on January 09, 2024, 10:20:24 AMWelcome to late stage capitalism...

Sold! Count me in. I'm all for rampant consumerism while the ship is sinking. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Praxis

Quote from: Ket on January 11, 2024, 07:27:50 AMSold! Count me in. I'm all for rampant consumerism while the ship is sinking.

YOU... are amazing.

Thank you.  Looking forward to getting you in the mix.

We're pretty much knocking on the door of wrapping things up for this season.  At most, I think is that it will go another week.

One of us will make sure we ping you when Season 5 is starting up and you can pop in here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=354494.new;topicseen#new

and say salutations.  Everyone is pretty great...except @Hatless .  If she asks to borrow your car; do NOT give it to her.  It took forever to get the stains out of my trunk.

In the meantime...

This will get you a little up to speed.  :)

And this is a time investment but it's a nice sortof "starter" game that is pretty easy to follow and pretty enjoyable! (At least I thought it was.)

Ket

Quote from: Praxis on January 11, 2024, 07:46:22 AMYOU... are amazing.

Thank you.  Looking forward to getting you in the mix.

You are too kind. I am credit card debt and weekly TEMU deliveries. Oh the plastic goodies I possess!

Thank you for all the wonderful information. I'm looking forward to jumping in and tumbling.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Praxis

*Queue the Star Wars scroll*

In the

sleepy town of

Ravenswood Bluff.

A diabolical plot

has been

plotted.

Deadly and permanent

machinations

are coming to

fruition.

"How Murderpants McGillicutty Got Their Groove Back"

Yup.  Season 5.  We're recruiting.  Respond here if you're interested or have questions.  <3

Praxis

Caela

This looks ridiculously fun...would love to try my hand at it!

Praxis

Quote from: Caela on January 18, 2024, 07:39:40 AMThis looks ridiculously fun...would love to try my hand at it!

@Caela 

You're in!

We start tomorrow!

Go to that link and say hello!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=354494.new;topicseen#new

and say salutations.  Everyone is pretty great.

In the meantime...

This will get you a little up to speed.  :)

And this is a time investment but it's a nice sortof "starter" game that is pretty easy to follow and pretty enjoyable! (At least I thought it was.)

More information to come!  And amazing...I'm so glad you're joining.

TexasWarren