Esper [ LGBTIQA+, Psychic, SoL] Recruitment Thread (Always Accepting!)

Started by TheBlackThrone, March 13, 2023, 09:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Spider

Full Name: Samantha Jeuil (pronounced Jewel)
Nickname(s): Sam, Sammy, Jewel
Alias: Phantasm
Esper Type: Esper
Sexual Identity: Female
Sexuality:  Bi
Relationship Status: Single
Major: Finance
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'5
Weight: 132lbs
Face Claim: Emily Rudd
General Description: Sam always dresses fashionable, but not necessarily the latest and top line, She is a master at finding the perfect thrifting finds.

Personality: Upbeat and friendly. Outgoing, Charismatic
Dislikes: Rap music, Hockey, Fad Diets, Cars
Psychological Quirks: Misophonia, triggered mainly by bodily sounds, chewing, eating, etc.
Talents & Hobbies: Thrifting, Singing, Gardening, Reading, Volleyball

Backstory: To say the SGM changed everything was a bit of a misnomer for the entire city of Santa Glevens,  but the Jeuil family was one of those that seemed most affected. By all accounts and everything they had pieced together, Samatha's older brother Jonathan, was in Lakestead Park when the meteor crashed, doing some charity work amongst the homeless that camped out amid the park. her parents were devastated. and once the dust had settled, immediately moved back to their hometown of Stillwater, Minnesota, having moved to California and Santa Glevens before Jonathan and Samantha were born. But Samantha decided to stay, not willing to just up and leave her friends and community, despite the current hard-times and the loss that she was reminded of by every building

Esper Powers

Power: Paramancy
Ability Description: In short Samantha is able to see and control spirits, ghosts, and general Paranormal entities. Including her brother Jonathan, who is an almost constant companion.
Phase 1: mostly just communicating with the dead.
Power Level:
Strength: At the moment all she is able to do is see and communicate with the dead.
Weakness: Despite the Psychological implications of seeing the ghost of your dead brother. she isn't really able to control much more than that, so places that have heavy spiritual significance, such as graveyards, the SGM crash site, etc can overwhelm her with the number of spirits trying to get her attention. She also sometimes looks quite crazy as to all others she's just speaking to air.
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Shenzi

Hi hi! I wondered if it were okay for me to leave a sheet with y'all? I wanted to at least leave some interest and a character, I love the sounds of this! Please let me know if there's a problem, I'll fix it up! Apologies in advance, I'm really bad at the formatting on E.

Bayani
Full Name: Bayani Saetiao
Nickname(s): Yani
Alias: Lotus
Esper Type: Esper
Sexual Identity: Nonbinary (They/Them)
Sexuality: Demisexual
Relationship Status: Single
Major: Construction/Civil Engineering (Infrastructure)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145 lbs
Face Claim: Darin Wilkens
General Description: Bayani is something of a stray cat- one of svelte build with graceful limbs and a slight hunch in bearing. Their face contradicts itself as both soft and angular, guarded yet inquisitive. A mixed wardrobe of both plain and eclectic fashion makes it harder to pinpoint preference, but generally speaking, Bayani prefers loose-fitting tops with shorts or snug pants. Unless in close company, they're very modest in dress and a mite stiff in posture. There is a large birthmark under their left arm, as well as scarring from a successful mastectomy some months prior. The result of a single bout of rebelliousness a year past is a small but elegant nest of cherry blossoms on the small of their back. The shy Bayani otherwise does not accessorize despite admiring piercings and the more noticeable ink on those around them.

Personality: There's always a hope that perhaps a new friend can be made, and Bayani truly does crave and enjoy company despite some uncertainty and rigidity in the early stages. They are best characterized by their excellent work ethic, independence, enigmatic demeanor, intelligence, and lack of background. Yani has gone to such great lengths to keep their past and upbringing locked up that it's almost like they didn't exist prior to leaving home four years ago. They also possess a deep and endless curiosity that screams for enrichment, and this leads Yani on everything from short nature walks nearby to simply taking random trails and bus rides miles out into the unknown. There seems to be an urgency to make up for lost time, and they're exploring and expanding their horizons as best they can.

Likes: Handicrafts, fruit-based drinks/meals, climbing, grilled fish, 3D printing, cats, open-toe shoes/flats, sleeping outdoors, rainstorms, clay and pottery, exploring scrapyards, rodents/small pets, sleeping in warm places, friendly/interesting new friends, the sounds of crickets and cicadas.
Dislikes: Red meat, emotional extremes, going hungry, pain, parsley or kale, violence, or abusive behaviors.

Psychological Quirks:

-Severe sedatephobia, the fear of silence. This primarily manifests at night and keeps them awake if not addressed. Bayani always needs company, music, a show, or a podcast running in the background in order to fall asleep. Schoolwork and social interaction during the day ease the burden considerably until nighttime.

-Some sleepwalking and nightmare troubles, they do wake up on shower floors and in empty bathtubs at times. Frequently triple checks window and door locks before bed.

-Quite proud of their body as it is now, but still very shy about themselves. Bayani still swims with a shirt on at present.

Talents & Hobbies:

Odd-jobs : Anything from mending clothes to servicing sports equipment. If the school or another person is paying, Bayani has no questions.
Small-scale Construction : Has built a number of sheds, coops, wooden fences etc on their own over the years. Participates in similar projects on campus.
Problem-solving : Math, word games, mazes, architectural debates, they adore the process of troubleshooting and fixing/solving things.
Reading : Absolutely anything they can get their hands on, from manga and high fantasy series to obscure autobiographies and poetry collections.
Mental Mapping : Bayani gets around with ease, and remembers vividly the things they've seen, read, or done. This includes locations, as well.

Backstory: Bayani became an emancipated minor at the age of 16, putting high school on pause for about six months as they resituated themselves. For the remainder of their time in high school, they'd picked up something not unlike a civil apprenticeship for evenings and weekends. As per their mathematical prowess and growing expertise in modeling and sculpting structures in several mediums, Bayani was later set to attend SGU for construction and civil engineering for free. After tons of correspondence with schools in California, they'd finally be nearly a world away from New York. They most definitely do not miss the east coast, nor have they regretted leaving Queens for Santa Glevens.

Esper Powers

Power: Chlorokinesis
Ability Description: The manipulation of the nutrient levels and minor movements of plants.

Power Level:

• Strength: Affects the nutrient deposits already present within plants, as well as some control of movement in plant appendages, like roots, vines, and branches. At PL 1, Bayani is limited to things like flowers, weeds, vines, or potted plants and saplings. Small fruits like berries and things like nuts can be accelerated at this stage. Plants are simply being directed as to where to reallocate nutrients or which limited movements to make where instructed.

Weakness: More complex plant life, like large trees and clusters of plants like moss or algae, are far harder to manipulate regardless of power level. Taking on too large a task or too many at once will likely result in dizziness, fatigue, longstanding migraines, or even fainting in some cases. One or a few at a time are the safer but more time-consuming option.

Only the nutrients already present can be manipulated, meaning a plant that's already dead or no longer has any nutrients remaining can neither be saved nor receive instruction. Exhausting the nutrients in a plant to create, say, a sudden overabundance of fruit in one shot, may well kill the plant in the long run and also serve to overexert Bayani. Moderation and precision will be key. Naturally, Bayani is limited to the plants at hand or nearby and cannot use a plant's resources to change its species. Those that do not flower never will, and the blossoms of an apple tree will never yield lemons.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May (12 May)
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: None.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Angel Fire

Hiyas everyone!  In my adventures in this wonderful site, I have found that a LOT of the BIG group games have used Discord as a way to plot and talk with all of of the  members of a group.  What I would like to do, with our boss's permission, is to create a Discord server so that all of us Espers (and Abusers) can talk freely and feel like we are not left out.

With permission from our boss, I would love to create the Discord channel but before I do anything,  I want to hear from y'all!  Do y'all think that an Esper Discord channel would help us get together?  Or would you all want to stay with the E Pm system?

I want to hear from everyone here before I decide.  Discord or the E PM system?  Please let me know what y'all think! 

Thankies!
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

TheBlackThrone

This is quoted from the rules of this RP:

Quote1. OOC. There will not be a discord for this RP. Writers are to communicate using the provided OOC or PMs. If you wish to give your discord handle to a writer and choose to communicate in discord, then that is entirely up to you. If there is drama in the discord, then I expect you to know how to report it to the moderation staff.

You are free to make a discord, but it won't be for this game. I strictly said there will not be a discord for this RP because I will not be responsible for any drama that happens in there outside of E. So, if you make one, then only you are taking responsibility for any drama that happens and neither me nor my game will be responsible or at fault.
The gates are open

Angel Fire

Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?